PDA

View Full Version : Next terror alert poll ?

ljb
10-01-2004, 02:53 AM
Anybody up for a poll guessing when the neo-cons pull their next terror alert ? They could use one right now after the debate but I think they will wait until later say mid October. Any other guess's ?

sq764
10-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Nah, I think Bush's team would much rather integrate some of Kerry's idiotic comments last night into their campaign:

"We are absorbing 90% of the war costs, which is 200 billion"

Um, close, but only off by $80 million..

"Before a preemptive strike, you must pass the global test"...

Boy are they going to have fun with this one.. Right as he said it, you could almost hear his campaign manager going "D'OH!!!"

ljb
10-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Sq764,
This will be their first tactic, however when they see the failure of their efforts they will use the "Fear" card again. As the Bushites like to say "we have nothing but fear!"

sq764
10-01-2004, 10:17 AM
I just realized, after all the back and forth, I have no idea what your first name is, only LJB..

It would be nice to start out my responses with a name.. Mine is Scott.. Yours?

BetHorses!
10-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Here's my theory on when next attack could be, hopefully i am wrong

10/11

reasons - before election
Columbus Day
In sequence which would create fear for next 5 years on 11/11

And new quaeda tape just came out today

Tom
10-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Ljb, to even suggest that anyone would create fear by issuing false terror alerts is just sick. You should seek professional help.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2004, 05:03 AM
In addition to what Tom just correctly pointed out, I would like to add that it makes no sense that you criticize the Bush administration for failing to prevent AND warn us about 9/11 (you like to cite that famous pre-9/11 memo from time to time), and NOW you criticize them for ISSUING WARNINGS and trying to inform the public.

Typical of you....having it both ways, either way, and/or every way.

To you and your ilk, I'll simply say NO WAY.

Now get outta my way, and have a nice day. :eek:

ljb
10-02-2004, 05:16 AM
From Tom,
Ljb, to even suggest that anyone would create fear by issuing false terror alerts is just sick. You should seek professional help.

Tom, to even think that Rove and company would not create fear by issuing false terror alerts is naive. Don't you recall the last terror alert convenliently placed right after the Democratic convention. The one where Ridge touted Bush for providing us with the alert? How many terrorists did they nab that time? You should stop watching faux news. :D

ljb
10-02-2004, 05:25 AM
Pa,
You also should stop watching faux news. The signs are becoming more prevalent in your notes. :D

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2004, 05:53 AM
So, you don't see any hypocrisy in your criticism of Bush admin pre-9/11 (didn't take threats seriously, did not do enough to protect and warn America), and your criticism of Bush admin post-9/11 (terror warnings are too numerous, too vague and politically motivated, ie. FAKE)

How do you reconcile this kind of stuff within your own head?

Larry Hamilton
10-02-2004, 10:24 AM
two heads?

ljb
10-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Pa,
Back at ya. Bush's response the the pre 9/11 situation was to go fishing, or was it a round of golf? The public was left in the dark. Only after pressure from American citizens did he concede to the creation of a Homeland Security department. Now he is using that department to gain political advantage. For shame, for shame.
How do you accept his failure to respond to the pre 9/11 alert and yet glorfy the pre-election alerts? Like I said "back at ya.

sq764
10-02-2004, 10:50 AM
LJB, this is interesting:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/?ci=13237

Kerry wins the debate 53-37%..
also:
Expressed themselves more clearly:

Kerry - 60
Bush - 32

Cool..

Oh, also interesting"

Has a good understanding of the issues:

Kerry - 41
Bush - 41

Agreed with you on more issues you care about:

Kerry - 46
Bush - 49

Was more believable:

Kerry - 45
Bush - 50

Was more likable:

Kerry - 41
Bush - 48

Demonstrated he is tough enough for the job:

Kerry - 37
Bush - 54

This tells me, Kerry won the debate and he expressed himself clearly. He has a good understanding of the issues, agrees with some of what I like, wasn't very believable, or likeable for that matter and is a big fat p***y...

Not exactly the turning point of the election, eh ?? :-)

Tom
10-02-2004, 10:55 AM
SQ......ROTFLMAO!

Tom
10-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Larry Hamilton
two heads?

....and only one arase!
What to do?
What to do?
:D

ljb
10-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Tom,
With you and Lefty around I have more the enough arses. Thank you. :D

Tom
10-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Tom,
With you and Lefty around I have more the enough arses. Thank you. :D

I distinctly said "arase." Pay attention.

kenwoodallpromos
10-02-2004, 02:49 PM
The alert isw blood red right now in Iraq for the insurgents! LOL!
If Kerry gets in all the alerts will be pink-o.
I expect ther to bre red alerts on election day in all liberal precincts.
LJB- btw, do you blame all your losing bets on Bush?
I assume you know the great majority of trainers and of big owners are Republican?
And most track workers frontside workers are Democrat?

kenwoodallpromos
10-02-2004, 03:06 PM
She is socially somewhat liberal, but stays with the Conservative Party.
Former Ontario premier Mike Harris, stepping on to the stage to endorse former Magna CEO Belinda Stronach, urged the party to focus on a practical truth: "To really change Canada for the better, we have to win."

Harris, who has a $75,000 annual position on the board of Magna, said Stronach was the best placed to capture Conservative votes in Ontario and Quebec. "History has shown us that we can't form a majority government if we can't win in Ontario and Quebec."

But Stronach's appeal to the crowd appeared limited to her own noisy section of the hall while her "speech," a series of loosely connected, oft-repeated lines from her rookie campaign, did not electrify the room.

She too stuck to the anti-Liberal theme running through the evening. "For the last 11 years we've had a one-party state and with it comes all the stagnation and corruption of a one-party state and I say to Paul Martin you cannot run from your own track record," she said. "Paul Martin would like us to believe that he was a stowaway on the good ship Chrétien when in fact he was his first mate."

William S. Farish, now serving as American ambassador to Great Britain, is one of the most highly regarded figures in Thoroughbred racing. He owns and operates Lane's End Farm, a 1,800-acre breeding establishment and equine nursery near Versailles, Ky., leases the 1,200-acre Oak Tree Farm north of Lexington, Ky., from the Niarchos family, and is the former chairman of the board of directors of Churchill Downs, a position he relinquished when he accepted the ambassadorship from President George W. Bush.

ljb
10-02-2004, 04:06 PM
From kenwoodetc.
"LJB- btw, do you blame all your losing bets on Bush?"
Ken I haven't made a bet since the Preakness where I cleaned up on the exacta and trifecta. If i were to have a losing bet, Bush would probably be responsible.;)

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Pa,
Back at ya. Bush's response the the pre 9/11 situation was to go fishing, or was it a round of golf? The public was left in the dark. Only after pressure from American citizens did he concede to the creation of a Homeland Security department. Now he is using that department to gain political advantage. For shame, for shame.
How do you accept his failure to respond to the pre 9/11 alert and yet glorfy the pre-election alerts? Like I said "back at ya.

So you refuse to address my questions. Thanks. How about answering a question for just once in your life on this board?

ljb
10-03-2004, 09:16 AM
PA,
If you read my note with some thought you will find it is an answer to your question. You don't have to post a reply but what I said was we can and do what we do for the same reason you can and do what you do.
Only difference is we are correct and you are wrong. ;)