PDA

View Full Version : Funny Cide on Sat

OTM Al
09-30-2004, 04:59 PM
I hate to jinx him, but having an early look at the PPs for the Gold Cup at Belmont saturday, I think he's got a real shot in this one. The field isn't that great and I don't see a for real challenge from the 3yos here. FC, Bowman's Band and Evening Attire look solid with Newfoundland a whisker below. I think this guy has people turned off, but he can start to turn that back around Saturday. I don't see why so many should be turned off by a horse that has hit the board in 16 of his 19 races. He's no super horse, but who is anymore. What he is is a good solid competitor who I think is due.

CryingForTheHorses
09-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Funnycide is my favorite horse, Would love to see him win this one. He is a very gutsy horse with a big heart. Sure hope the Schoolbus starts

JustRalph
09-30-2004, 06:43 PM
I think he runs pretty much the same every race. When he is right, that is.

That does give him a pretty good shot in this one if you ask me. Tagg I think should be handling him differently. I think he should run him on the turf.........and let him try it out more than a few times. I am not sure there are a lot of races he fits in, on turf. But I think he could make more money and maybe show a little more versatility on the turf. It would be fun anyway.........

Tom
09-30-2004, 09:43 PM
Sim Weekly this week....Davidowitz talks about FC being a cool weather horse who does his best racing when it is not too hot. He says he might be a horse with a voice in fall stakes races.
cool weekend coming up?