PDA

View Full Version : Horseplayer Challenge

highnote
04-06-2019, 02:08 PM
I posted in the Santa Anita topic a challenge, but not one person has taken me up on it, so I will post it here to a broader audience.

The Hong Kong Jockey Club prohibits the administration of drugs to any race horse, pre-race, on the day a horse is scheduled to race. Many U.S. racing jurisdictions allow the liberal use of pre-race drugs.

Give one good reason why a horse should be given drugs, pre-race, on the same day the horse is scheduled to race.

cj
04-06-2019, 02:41 PM
I posted in the Santa Anita topic a challenge, but not one person has taken me up on it, so I will post it here to a broader audience.

The Hong Kong Jockey Club prohibits the administration of drugs to any race horse, pre-race, on the day a horse is scheduled to race. Many U.S. racing jurisdictions allow the liberal use of pre-race drugs.

Give one good reason why a horse should be given drugs, pre-race, on the same day the horse is scheduled to race.

I said a long time ago that eventually this was going to be trouble for the sport. When all the Baffert horses died years back and it was discovered horses were being given drugs for non-medical reasons it was very lucky that it didn't really go mainstream. Giving drugs to horses to get them to run faster is just not going to fly. If horse needs drugs to race on race day, they shouldn't race.

highnote
04-06-2019, 03:06 PM
I said a long time ago that eventually this was going to be trouble for the sport. When all the Baffert horses died years back and it was discovered horses were being given drugs for non-medical reasons it was very lucky that it didn't really go mainstream. Giving drugs to horses to get them to run faster is just not going to fly. If horse needs drugs to race on race day, they shouldn't race.

:ThmbUp:

So when is it going to stop? Maybe HANA could spearhead the change?

I have stopped betting U.S. racing and follow HK exclusively. The racing there is sooooo much better. The horses are formful. There are a limited number of horses and they race frequently which makes it easier to get to know them.

They only race two days per week which makes it much easier to stay on top of the workload. The field size probably averages at least 10 horses. Many races have full fields of 14 horses. Most races are on the grass which makes for exciting finishes. The weather is favorable most of the time. I can't remember ever seeing a cancelation, although, it probably happens.