if anyone wants to watch:
Pizzolla's 2019 Santa Anita Derby Wood Memorial Blue Grass ValueCapping™ Rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eJhDlN30lo&feature=youtu.be

davew
04-05-2019, 06:57 PM
His program did fairly well in the Florida Derby

Parkview_Pirate
04-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Thanks for posting - now I know all about his products I ever needed to know, in spite of him reading the PPs for most of the video. I would have guessed my selections would have sort of the same, since his software has (what I thought anyway) a good reputation. But the impression I get is that with so much interpretation involved in the results due to so many ways to "bet" it, it's gonna be hard to pin that down.

I came up with different selections, so Value Capping versus Park Magic version 0.57 looks like this for a head-to-head match:

10th Aqu: ValueCapping :6:-:5: , ParkMagic :1:-:2:

10th Kee: ValueCapping :8:-:2: , ParkMagic :7:-:6:

8th SA: ValueCapping :3:-:5: , ParkMagic :6:-:1:

(for newsmatter use only....)

Speed Figure
04-05-2019, 10:55 PM
What is Park Magic?

plainolebill
04-06-2019, 04:11 AM
What is Park Magic?

Me too, Inquiring minds want to know

Tom
04-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Parkview Pirate combined with Handicapping Magic?
Clever!

Parkview_Pirate
04-06-2019, 11:25 PM

I came up with different selections, so Value Capping versus Park Magic version 0.57 looks like this for a head-to-head match:

10th Aqu: ValueCapping :6:-:5: , ParkMagic :1:-:2:

10th Kee: ValueCapping :8:-:2: , ParkMagic :7:-:6:

8th SA: ValueCapping :3:-:5: , ParkMagic :6:-:1:

(for newsmatter use only....)

Sorry, didn't mean to lead to any confusion. ParkMagic v0.57 could have just as been easily called "Prophetic Pirate", "Parkview's Plays", or "The Pirate Plunders your Wallet in the Park". :D

Black Magic, indeed..

So, head to head our picks hit the exacta (boxed) in all races, in today's Derby preps that were generally snoozefests.

Wood: Exacta 2-1 pays $45.80
Bluegrass: Exacta 2-8 pays $18.60
SA Derby: Exacta 1-6 pays $14.00

So, The Pirate/Pizzolla approach cleans up in the mighty sample size of three, with the Pirate doing 2/3 of the lifting.

I don't mean to be too harsh here, 'cause I know there are some users of his products that swear by it, but today's races were an odd example of how bettors can be on totally different pages from race to race, and dialed in to cash or get nothing. Pizzolla claims he never has sold his picks "as a touting service" and that his product is simply a tool to invest in the ponies, both of which may very well be true. But his video was not very convincing - some serious hedging going on, which is going to lead the majority of horseplayers into trouble - IMHO....

098poi
04-07-2019, 01:17 AM
I figured as much. (ParkMagic)

Nice work.

Maybe I should have a tag line based on my brilliant handicapping.

098poi - Disgrace makes the race!

ldiatone
04-11-2019, 08:10 PM
here is his new one ark derby and lex stks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mm-MhppRaQ