PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Kerry's face?

JustMissed
09-29-2004, 04:39 PM
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE SEPT 28, 2004 09:23:25 ET XXXXX

KERRY ON ORANGE ALERT: SKIN TRANSITION ON EVE OF DEBATE

Just days before Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry is set to take the stage in a debate opener projected to be seen by 70 million, photos show the senator dramatically taking on color.

Is it the late September Wisconsin sun during debate prep that has turned Kerry's face to rich pumpkin-colored hues?

Or has he been campaigning in the rust-belt?

Kerry advisers defend the sudden deep tan transition, noting how it simply was from a game of flag football last Friday in Bedford, Mass.

But the College Democrats who met Kerry were surprised by his rich tan glow -- before the game even began, the HARVARD CRIMSON reports.

What is this about. This guy get stranger and stranger.

Hey Ralph, can you post a picture of 'Orange Face'?

JM

Equineer
09-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Just a delayed reaction from exposure to Agent Orange in Viet Nam. Probably not life threatening at this late date. :)

Tom
09-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Too much spray-on tan.

dav4463
09-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Maybe he is planning a career in pro wrestling after he loses the election. He is starting to become as orange as Hulk Hogan ever was ! Bleach the hair blonde, spray on the tan, take some tanning pills.........Look out Ric Flair !!!! WOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

Tom
09-29-2004, 06:47 PM
His finishing move in the ring would be the Flip Flop off the top rope! :D

DJofSD
09-29-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll tell what it is. He thought he was going to be in a new Mel Gibson movie, so he pu on some face paint.

DJofSD

Tom
09-29-2004, 07:32 PM
The "Heinz-ster"

JustMissed
09-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Lynne Cheney Jokes About Kerry's Tan

1 hour, 33 minutes ago

DULUTH, Minn. - Something about Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites)'s darker appearance has caught Lynne Cheney's eye.

During a campaign stop with her husband, a group of volunteers moved into the crowd with microphones for the question-and-answer period. Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites) told supporters to look for the people with dark orange shirts.

When Cheney paused as if searching for the words to describe the shade of orange, Lynne Cheney said, "How about John Kerry's suntan?"

The remark drew a big laugh from the crowd and the vice president.

Responding to her comments, Kerry campaign spokesman Bill Burton said, "Is Mrs. Cheney jealous considering how hard it is to get sun in the undisclosed location with her husband Dick? Or is she distracted over how red-in-the-face George Bush (news - web sites) should be considering his failed presidency?"

JM

:)

ljb
09-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Glad to see you wingnuts are concentrating on the issues. :D :D :D

doophus
09-29-2004, 08:38 PM
ljb,

isn't it about time for your annual trek to Arizona? Let me know and I'll meet you for coffee in Ponca City.

Tom
09-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by doophus
ljb,

isn't it about time for your annual trek to Arizona? Let me know and I'll meet you for coffee in Ponca City.

Arizona???? I thought is was Mars!?!?!

ponyplayer
09-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Orange??? Well, Halloween is just around the corner...lol
:D

Steve 'StatMan'
09-29-2004, 10:22 PM
I know Kerry and Edwards want to look like the "Golden Boys" but this is ridiculous!

Then again, Nixon looked badly enough in his debate, and the black-and-white TV's of the day didn't flatter him either.

Where's Billy Crystal's "Fernando": "It is much better to look good than to feel good, if you know what I'm saying darling".

ponyplayer
09-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Simpy Marrrvelous.

Secretariat
09-29-2004, 11:13 PM
LJB,

Don't worry this is all they got. That Kerry's face looks weird , or that he looks French...that is similar to Bush's response on his exit strategy in Iraq..

dav4463
09-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Democrats can laugh their butts off when President Bush makes a mistake speaking the English language (which is normal for most of us in Texas), but the second a republican makes a joke about a democrat, they get mad ! He does have an orange face, it is funny looking, what is wrong with joking about it? Republicans have a sense of humor too you know !

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
LJB,

Don't worry this is all they got. That Kerry's face looks weird , or that he looks French...that is similar to Bush's response on his exit strategy in Iraq..

hehehe....man this is pissing you off, isn't it? You just can't fathom how Bush is beating Kerry at this moment in time. You're out of touch, otherwise, you wouldn't be so frustrated.

hcap
09-30-2004, 06:32 AM
Orangegate?

I got it guys his tan is actually left over from his genuine time spent in Vietnam. As the Baltimore Sun, puts it...

... The other is that even if John Kerry spent his whole time in Vietnam getting a suntan on the deck of a Swift boat, he can prove he was there. ...

Btw, here is photo from the SAME day that is from Reuters...

http://americablog.blogspot.com/KerrySpringGreen3.jpg

Seems drudgeyboy, the original "orangegate" source is fibbing.

Here is the preznit, an AP photo of Bush from September 24 -- undoctored -- but appearing rather orange himself...

http://americablog.blogspot.com/BushOrange.jpg

Now let's all talk about bush's inability to eat pretzels and watch tv at the same time.

hcap
09-30-2004, 07:34 AM
Dubya before the 2004 SOTU

http://img.keepmedia.com/Pubs/164/content/92872.jpg

Dubya during the 2004 SOTU

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/images/bush287.jpg

Duh!
This is his HAIR COLOR NOW.
This was taken on September 27. Three days before the debate.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040928/capt.txra10109280106.bush_wohlgemuth_txra101.jpg

Let's see what color it is tonight

highnote
09-30-2004, 09:41 AM
Skin color -- was that an issue in the Civil War?

French looking -- do you have to look like a stereotypical white anglo saxon protestant to be a president of the United States?

Hair color -- if I have but one life to live, let me live it as a blonde.

Reagan -- King of Grecian Formula 44?

You gotta love a presidential race that comes down to hair and skin.

Hey, let's have a look at their teeth. Wonder if we can subpeona their dental records under the Freedom of Information Act?

betchatoo
09-30-2004, 09:51 AM
I had it all wrong. I thought Kerry used the orange look so that this time he could carry Florida

ElKabong
09-30-2004, 03:33 PM
He face painted himself Orange so he might get the Tennessee vote, unlike Al Gore 2000.

Personally I think Kerry shoulda pinned some Goofy Dog ears on to match the look of the Vol's mascot, and then sing Rocky Top during the debate when asked of his voting record... That's something I'd pay to see.

Secretariat
09-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
hehehe....man this is pissing you off, isn't it? You just can't fathom how Bush is beating Kerry at this moment in time. You're out of touch, otherwise, you wouldn't be so frustrated.

lol..is it pissing me off that you guys have nothing but the color of Kerry's face...nah, I find it kind of funny...

As to bush winning...what are you basing that on PA, your previously announced disbelief in the polls..or are you flip flopping again?

Personally, I think Kerry is ahead. I have no way of knowing that, but I feel when poeple compare these two guys records in the voting booth, a pre-ponderance of americans will be voting for Kerry. Why do I think that?

1. I do not think many Gore voters will cross over to vote for Bush

2. Many Nader voters last time will be voting for Kerry.

3. There has been a surge of young people registrations this time, and they have traditionally been more liberal in their voting records.

On the other hand, Bush will win Florida even if he doesn't win it. Jeb will make sure fo that. That is a given, but I don't think he is gonna take Ohio, and I think that's gonna be the difference.

My opinion, but we'll find out in November.

JustRalph
09-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ElKabong
and then sing Rocky Top

ROTFLMAO! I would pay for that one too!

http://members.aol.com/midtnbolo/rockytop.wav

cj
09-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat

On the other hand, Bush will win Florida even if he doesn't win it. Jeb will make sure fo that.

You are inventing excuses already. Pathetic. If you truly believe that, why would you stay in the US?

dav4463
09-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Why is it when democrats are behind in the polls, the polls are biased or just wrong ? When democrats are ahead in the polls, then the polls are right. When democrats lose an election, something is wrong with the voting machine, or votes weren't counted. When dead people in Chicago vote, and homeless are bussed in and given free cigarettes to vote, that is OK, but it isn't important that military votes weren't counted. You can always spot the demos at the track, too. They are the ones who cry "the jockey stiffed him ! they weren't trying to win ! did you see him pull that horse up ! i got cheated, should be an inquiry !"
ALWAYS AN EXCUSE !!!!!!!!!

schweitz
09-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Won't be close enough for any excuses this time.

betchatoo
09-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by dav4463
Why is it when democrats are behind in the polls, the polls are biased or just wrong ? When democrats are ahead in the polls, then the polls are right. When democrats lose an election, something is wrong with the voting machine, or votes weren't counted. When dead people in Chicago vote, and homeless are bussed in and given free cigarettes to vote, that is OK, but it isn't important that military votes weren't counted. You can always spot the demos at the track, too. They are the ones who cry "the jockey stiffed him ! they weren't trying to win ! did you see him pull that horse up ! i got cheated, should be an inquiry !"
ALWAYS AN EXCUSE !!!!!!!!!

Hey!! You want to insult my politics that's one thing, but don't go insulting my horse playing. I take that seriously

John
09-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Want to see a RED face { BUSH} watch the debate tonight.

dav4463
10-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Sorry to insult the horseplaying ! Not all democrats blame the jockey or trainer or bad luck when they lose I'm sure.....But I bet of the ones that do....most of them are democrats !!!

bobbytabb
10-01-2004, 01:37 AM
I just got home from the Phil Collins concert here in Ft Lauderdale. Even he thanked the crowd for picking to see him instead of the debate. I taped the debate and I can't wait to see the orange face. This is the funniest thread I've ever read on the site. You are all in rare form!

dav4463
10-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Kerry's face wasn't orange tonight. I guess he took a shower to get rid of the tan !

Tom
10-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by cj
You are inventing excuses already. Pathetic. If you truly believe that, why would you stay in the US?

He has to stay. He's a sleeper.;)