PDA

View Full Version : Prince Lucky

Lemon Drop Husker
03-30-2019, 02:58 AM
Rifling through this Gulfstream card, and in the 4th we have a little gelding in the :4: Prince Lucky.

Solid start to his career and then got fast tracked to the Kentucky Derby trail and wasn't real competitive. Numbers were always on an uptick, and then banged at 14/1 in the Easy Goer. Takes the rest of the year off, and after nearly 8 months on the shelf blitzes a G3 Hal's Hope field in his 1st offering as a 4YO at 7/1.

Works since then look more than adequate, if not brimming on spectacular.

And is a 2/5 ML. Yes, it is just a 6 horse field, but 2/5 MLs don't get thrown around a whole lot and the :1::3::6: aren't chopped liver.

Screams bet against, or could this horse actually be something of note?

Dahossdaboss
03-30-2019, 08:52 AM
It’s far and away the worst betting race on the card. It’s basically a 4 horse field, because you can’t really count the Mejia runners.

I know Be Gone Daddy beat Malibu runner up Identity Politics last time but he had everything go his way and Identity Politics is okay but nothing spectacular. He’d have to take another huge step up here. Guy Cabellero is not in the same class as these IMO.

The only one who measures up closely class wise is Tale of Silence and he just got beat by Prince Lucky by nearly 9 lengths.

I’d never bet Prince Lucky and I’m glad this race is early in the card, but I’m not sure how you can make a legitimate case for anyone else. He’s not very reliable, but who in here is? Seems like a good race to grab some lunch and watch and pick a better opportunity to try and make money.

Robert Fischer
03-30-2019, 10:35 AM
I’d never bet Prince Lucky and I’m glad this race is early in the card, but I’m not sure how you can make a legitimate case for anyone else. He’s not very reliable, but who in here is? Seems like a good race to grab some lunch and watch and pick a better opportunity to try and make money.

this.

Last time was the time. His barn suddenly woke up, and he suddenly trained about 3-5 lengths (visual estimation) better than he had previously looked (in a work posted on xbtv) and won @ 7-1. I was posting him like a week before that race on Facebook w/ the video because it jumped off the screen.

Barn hasn't hit a brick wall or anything. No reason to expect a big decline.

that was the bear market 7-1... the public didn't account for the sudden improvement. Last time was the time.

today is a bull market and the field is so small that the effective takeout itself is prohibitive.

Unless you LOVE someone else for a good reason, I'd wait for a better pitch to hit.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-30-2019, 10:52 AM
It’s far and away the worst betting race on the card. It’s basically a 4 horse field, because you can’t really count the Mejia runners.

I know Be Gone Daddy beat Malibu runner up Identity Politics last time but he had everything go his way and Identity Politics is okay but nothing spectacular. He’d have to take another huge step up here. Guy Cabellero is not in the same class as these IMO.

The only one who measures up closely class wise is Tale of Silence and he just got beat by Prince Lucky by nearly 9 lengths.

Part of the early P5 though, in which I feel some prices will be on board.

Redboard
03-30-2019, 12:57 PM
I made a dumb trifecta bet just to watch:

1,4/1,4/all

Lemon Drop Husker
03-30-2019, 01:13 PM
I made a dumb trifecta bet just to watch:

1,4/1,4/all

It pays to be a member of PA. :p

Redboard
03-30-2019, 01:30 PM
It pays to be a member of PA. :p

are you playing the P6? Mandatory payout.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-30-2019, 01:44 PM
are you playing the P6? Mandatory payout.

Does a 1 legged duck swim in a circle?