PDA

View Full Version : Anothertwistafate

airford1
03-24-2019, 08:04 PM
Wiseguy horse for the Dervy. (I know I spelled Derby wrong) it's my accent.

BIGTKLO
03-24-2019, 09:19 PM
I'm friends with Blaine Wright and back in November he told me how he had this MONSTER. I think 30 points will get him into the Derby this year.

how cliche
03-24-2019, 09:39 PM
Heard an interview this morning with Blaine Wright. Regarding Anothertwistafate, Wright said his instructions to Hernandez were A) Let his natural speed place him wherever, probably close up or setting it. Check. B) The one thing he didn't want to see was him pocketed or covered up. Think CA Chrome. Um no! Juan does exactly the opposite. Said it before and I'll say it again. These boys who ride have giant hearts and tiny brains. Hernandez rode in a way that wins a lot at ggf, but doesn't travel well. JRV was the difference.

airford1
03-24-2019, 09:54 PM
From what I saw he had to move him twice. the 2 horse was not in a good position for a young horse. Really rolled when he got a chance.Post didn't help .

airford1
03-24-2019, 09:57 PM
Heard an interview this morning with Blaine Wright. Regarding Anothertwistafate, Wright said his instructions to Hernandez were A) Let his natural speed place him wherever, probably close up or setting it. Check. B) The one thing he didn't want to see was him pocketed or covered up. Think CA Chrome. Um no! Juan does exactly the opposite. Said it before and I'll say it again. These boys who ride have giant hearts and tiny brains. Hernandez rode in a way that wins a lot at ggf, but doesn't travel well. JRV was the difference.

you are right Johnny blocked and had position to win that race. Didn't have the best horse.

BIGTKLO
03-24-2019, 10:39 PM
I can say this with all my years watching racing if we reverse the trips of the top two we will have a different outcome.

BIGTKLO
03-25-2019, 04:44 PM
Blaine Wright texted me this morning and said Anothertwistafate looks absolutely terrific after his solid effort in the Sunland Derby.

Afleet
03-25-2019, 06:11 PM
hope he draws in the auxiliary gate come derby day

airford1
03-25-2019, 08:44 PM
still along way to go to worry about that.

castaway01
03-25-2019, 09:13 PM
still along way to go to worry about that.

In what respect? It's late March. The horse won't run another race before the Derby unless he has to to get in.

airford1
03-25-2019, 11:05 PM
Look at what happened to Gun Metal Gray. A lot of things can go wrong before they load into the gate. Horses are like Strawberries, good today and bad tomorrow. Cant remember who said that.

how cliche
03-25-2019, 11:07 PM
Just watched the head on. There are few indicators for a bad next out more predictive than an inability to maintain a straight course. To my count Anothertwistafate drifted out 5 paths through the lane. Racing's never simple. Hernandez thumped him left handed only. Calling all trip handicappers. Was this a young horse shying from the stick or is it more than that?

airford1
03-25-2019, 11:12 PM
Just watched the head on. There are few indicators for a bad next out more predictive than an inability to maintain a straight course. To my count Anothertwistafate drifted out 5 paths through the lane. Racing's never simple. Hernandez thumped him left handed only. Calling all trip handicappers. Was this a young horse shying from the stick or is it more than that?

Love a horse that drifts out coming home for a next out bet, but then again I'm losing money at this.

Robert Fischer
03-25-2019, 11:35 PM
Horses are like Strawberries, good today and bad tomorrow.

Good to see when the quality and the value is ripe.

good to appreciate 'ripeness' :ThmbUp:

castaway01
03-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Look at what happened to Gun Metal Gray. A lot of things can go wrong before they load into the gate. Horses are like Strawberries, good today and bad tomorrow. Cant remember who said that.

Of course but if you like this horse, considering his preps are done, you can now hope for a good post position...seems logical anyway.

Psychotic Parakeet
03-26-2019, 07:42 PM

Whittingham said that. :)

SG4
03-26-2019, 09:18 PM
Another twist with Anothertwistafate as he's stuck at Sunland after a barn mate of his just died of herpesvirus at Golden Gate, and because of this proximity he's not being allowed to ship back to southern CA tracks either at the moment. Hopefully this doesn't spread anywhere else but the isolated incident at GG, but certainly bad timing & luck when trying to get this guy ready for the triple crown.

airford1
03-26-2019, 11:21 PM
Really wanted to see him training on Synthetics up till the week before the Derby. It is a rough road to the Derby for some.

Someday Silent
03-30-2019, 12:42 AM

I believe Charlie Whittingham is credited with the aforementioned quip.

BIGTKLO
04-08-2019, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone. I talked with Blaine last week and he said Anothertwistafate will be competing in the Lexington Stakes. Hopefully Anothertwistafate can get enough points to qualify for the Kentucky Derby, otherwise he has an automatic berth to the Preakness Stakes.

Afleet
04-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Hello everyone. I talked with Blaine last week and he said Anothertwistafate will be competing in the Lexington Stakes. Hopefully Anothertwistafate can get enough points to qualify for the Kentucky Derby, otherwise he has an automatic berth to the Preakness Stakes.

Could be a blessing in disguise, should have a good foundation. That being said there is no way the 2nd place finisher in the FL Derby or Plus Que whatever deserve to be in before him. Or for that matter the horse from Japan

clicknow
04-09-2019, 02:11 AM
Another twist with Anothertwistafate as he's stuck at Sunland after a barn mate of his just died of herpesvirus at Golden Gate, and because of this proximity he's not being allowed to ship back to southern CA tracks either at the moment. Hopefully this doesn't spread anywhere else but the isolated incident at GG, but certainly bad timing & luck when trying to get this guy ready for the triple crown.

I was hoping they'd keep him at Sunland to train and work, so I'm okay with that.

BIGTKLO
04-13-2019, 11:56 PM
I guess we will have to wait for the Preakness Stakes. A very nice horse with a ton of upside.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-13-2019, 11:59 PM
Wise guy horse that always seems to get beat for some reason or other.

Good horse to key on the bottom of Trifectas.

airford1
04-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Well back to the drawing board. Good horse I wouldn't push