PDA

View Full Version : Too Much

cosmo96
03-22-2019, 09:10 PM
My wife says that I devote too much time to horse racing. I'm either at the track, playing on line, at the OTB, or handicapping. I am pretty good, and have a good ROI, and I love everything about racing. She gets real pissed. Has anyone gone through this?

sammy the sage
03-22-2019, 09:28 PM
My wife says that I devote too much time to horse racing. I'm either at the track, playing on line, at the OTB, or handicapping. I am pretty good, and have a good ROI, and I love everything about racing. She gets real pissed. Has anyone gone through this?

a GOOD roi...eh?...well wtf is your problem....must be stingy....spend a few bucks on her and ALL will be forgiven....unless of course you're lying....about ROI that is...or BEING at the track/otb....:faint:

Immortal6
03-22-2019, 09:46 PM
How old are you and how long have you been married?

jocko699
03-22-2019, 09:55 PM

I've been married 29 years and my bride has no problem with my wagering when I do.

I believe I continuously make deposits into the marriage account so that on those days I play I have more than enough to withdrawal.:headbanger::headbanger:

It's all about what's most important!!!!!

airford1
03-22-2019, 10:02 PM

Breath deep Grasshopper and plan some time with your wife. Anybody that spends time in a OTB needs some real friends and a real hobby.

thaskalos
03-22-2019, 10:29 PM

It isn't a coincidence that divorce has reached an epidemic stage among the gamblers. Learn to spend some time with your wife...lest you find yourself living in some basement, with your betting bankroll cut in half.

Gamblor
03-23-2019, 01:28 AM

Simple enough solution, you need to quit.

Marriage, that is.

Thomas Roulston
03-23-2019, 07:48 AM

Back in the days when the NFL blacked out the games of the local team whenever they were playing at home, men, with their wives in tow, drove to a motel in the next TV market (Albany or Binghamton if they lived in or just outside New York City, Scranton if they lived in or just outside Philadelphia) just to be able to watch the Giants or Jets in the former example, or the Eagles in the latter, play their home games. The women referred to their husbands who did this as "Rabbit-Eared Roosters." Some even did it for college games on Saturdays, making a weekend of it.

proximity
03-23-2019, 08:16 AM
. Has anyone gone through this?

everything but the "good roi" part. :)

castaway01
03-23-2019, 09:04 AM

I believed you right up until "good ROI". Seriously though, obviously you need to solve the problem by divorcing her and focusing full time on degenerate gambling.

acorn54
03-23-2019, 10:25 AM
cosmo i am no counselor but you really should set your priorities. gambling or your wife. this forum is really no place to discuss this issue, i strongly suggest you consider some kind of PROFESSIONAL counseling, with people who deal with and see these situations every day of the week.

Bennie
03-23-2019, 11:14 AM
I am fortunate enough to have a wife who let's me spend time playing the horses especially this time of year when all the Derby preps are running but I am also willing to refrain from any play for vacations, family gatherings or just a day out together. Horse racing is my passion but my wife is my love and she will always come first.

MONEY
03-23-2019, 01:32 PM

So you're saying that your wife is nagging you about something.
I bet that has never happened to anyone else on this forum.

It isn't a coincidence that divorce has reached an epidemic stage among the gamblers. Learn to spend some time with your wife...lest you find yourself living in some basement, with your betting bankroll cut in half.

I think that you are my landlord.

therussmeister
03-23-2019, 01:50 PM
I've known some horse players that are so annoying that I'm guessing their wife complains they don't spend enough time at the track.

Afleet
03-23-2019, 08:15 PM
I believed you right up until "good ROI". Seriously though, obviously you need to solve the problem by divorcing her and focusing full time on degenerate gambling.

Well said, sage advice

Afleet
03-23-2019, 08:17 PM
Simple enough solution, you need to quit.

Marriage, that is.

No one likes a quitter

zico20
03-23-2019, 08:51 PM
As Jay Trotter so eloquently said, "it's not my gambling you hate, it's my losing." I do not know of one wife who complains if her husband is making money gambling.

ronsmac
03-24-2019, 04:48 AM
As Jay Trotter so eloquently said, "it's not my gambling you hate, it's my losing." I do not know of one wife who complains if her husband is making money gambling.Many women want time and attention. A few hours of prep, another 5 or 6 at the track,another hour or two of post race work on Saturday's and Sunday's is hard to defend no matter how well you do at the track.

xtb
03-24-2019, 10:37 AM
How good is "good". If this is your primary source of income and you and your wife are living comfortably because of it, then this is your occupation and she should cut you some slack. If you are spending an inordinate amount of time earning peanuts, then she's got a point.