PDA

View Full Version : Slider

John
04-27-2001, 05:20 PM
Slider,

Where or how can I get or learn "Bill Querin / Tom Brohommer speed figures.

Thank you................

Slider
04-27-2001, 11:08 PM
Brohammer sells his figures for the So. Calif circuit, but see you are on the east coast.
The making and usage of the figures is covered in two books.
Figure Handicapping by James Quinn
Modern Pace handicapping by Tom Brohammer.
Both books are excellent.
I made my own figures for two years and it was a good experience. Your biggest problem will be getting a par table for the tracks you are doing. The new pars that Dave made would probably do the job. His race levels look like Querin style. The figures can be done in less than a half hour a day for each track. It is possible to use computer software to aid you with look up tables and the calculations. When you make your own figures it gives you a fantastic feel for what is going on and horses to watch.

Tom
04-27-2001, 11:38 PM
Making your own is a lot of work, but worth it if you put in the time and swet. Using Dave's pars and Simulcast Weekly (to use the Beyer number to get the daily variant) lets you make figs for a lot of tracks as needed.
I really like the Quirin-pace/speed numbers becasue they give you beter look at a horse's performance, such as big stretch gain is less impressive when the race shape is "Average-SLow", but a front runner that ran in a "Fast-Fast" race is impressive if he held on to finish close up. Good Luck.

BTW, if actually make your own numbers, I suggest Extra-Strength Tylenol - it doesn't upset the stomach like aspirin can do.

Tom

GR1@HTR
04-28-2001, 08:55 AM
Two places I know of to get them w/ Pars. I'm sure there are more.
1) www.speedfigures.com
2) www.homebased2.com/km

John
04-28-2001, 09:40 AM
Slider,Thank you for rhe answer. What about BRIS pars?

Tom, You got me scared. I got a big enough headache trying to figure out what the race shap will be .Plus what the trainer and Jockey are up to. I might just put this on the back burner for awhile

GRI, You are a very informative person. You helped me locate " Romanelli's book and now you gave services that might take all that grunt work away.

Thanks to all three of you...I appreciate you all........

Tom
04-28-2001, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rocajack
[B]

Tom, You got me scared. I got a big enough headache trying to figure out what the race shap will be .Plus what the trainer and Jockey are up to. I might just put this on the back burner for awhile

It's a lot of work, but the first time you hit a 7-1 shot that stands out on your figs and doesn't look so good in the Beyers you will feel "redeemed"
It's not really as bad as it sounds, but it is work.
Good Luck
Tom

Lefty
04-28-2001, 12:05 PM
As popinted out elsewhere you can also get nifty set of
pars from Dave at www.horsestreet.com

Slider
04-28-2001, 09:45 PM
Slider,Thank you for rhe answer. What about BRIS pars?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

BRIS pars do not mix well with Querin figures. The beaten length comparisions are different.

I looked at speedfigures.com
It is impressive and will work very well.
Check it out.

Good Luck