PDA

View Full Version : Leno passing baton to Conan

ponyplayer
09-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Came home from work Monday, had some dinner, sat down to watch MNF...fell asleep. I awoke hours later and watched the Tonight Show...

Leno made the announcement that he would be retiring in 5 years and handing the show over to Conan. I think the announcement caught some by surpirse, it did me.

Leno's had a good run and a lot of things can happen in 5 years.

:rolleyes:

JustRalph
09-28-2004, 02:01 PM
ABC came within a hair of hiring Conan for the show that Kimmel has now. They wanted to make sure he isn't hired away...........

andicap
09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
wish conan had the show now. Much better show than Leno, who is predictable, and mainstream. Not a great fan of Letterman either, but when I DO watch I stay for his top 10 list.

Conan is also a helluva nice guy -- met him once at a media Xmas party. Tall too -- like 6'5".

Of course Jon Stewart is the gold standard in late night talk, but I don't want to start a political fight:D :D
(FYI, O'Reilly will be on Stewart's show on Oct. 7 -- Stewart was just on O'Reilly.)

JustRalph
09-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by andicap
wish conan had the show now. Much better show than Leno, who is predictable, and mainstream.

Which is why Jay wins the ratings race.........and makes the dough.....although if I remember right.......Letterman makes more money than Leno.

chickenhead
09-28-2004, 05:44 PM
I always wonder who watches Jay....no one I know does. I watch Daily Show then Charlie Rose, if Charlie is no good I watch Dave.

JustRalph
09-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by chickenhead
I always wonder who watches Jay....no one I know does. I watch Daily Show then Charlie Rose, if Charlie is no good I watch Dave.

I used to do the same until I discoverd Adult Swim.

chickenhead
09-28-2004, 07:30 PM
???????

sounds like a late night cinemax show.

chickenhead
09-28-2004, 07:46 PM
http://www.adultswim.com/

never heard of it, I'll have to check it out....if my girlfriend will let me. She's pretty partial to the Daily Show.

JustRalph
09-28-2004, 10:18 PM
I really only watch the first two shows. "Family guy" and "Futurama"

some of that other stuff is pointed at the younger set .......at least that is what I am told.............on weekends they run the "Oblongs" which I like.............

Steve 'StatMan'
09-28-2004, 10:56 PM
(LaBomba's falcetto voice)...In The Year Two-Thousand...Nine.....

Such a funny segment leading up to the year 2000, and still hilarious even after the year 2000! :D

The Future, Conan? :D

dav4463
09-29-2004, 03:35 AM
I still think Letterman deserved the show. Carson liked Letterman better. I do too.