PDA

View Full Version : 2 Things on the debates..

sq764
09-27-2004, 09:30 PM
1) I found it interesting that ABC released a poll today that showed the majority of people predicting that Bush would win the debates.. (I thought Kerry was head of his debate team :-))

2) Bush says the other day (regarding the debates), "I am having a hard time preparing since I don't exactly know where Kerry stands on the issues"

George can have a smug sense of humor when he needs it to...

Tom
09-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Glenn Beck is going to present a Kerry vs Kerry debate this week on his radio show. I guess he will use actual sound bytes by Kerry on both sides of issues. Should be hilarious.

kenwoodallpromos
09-27-2004, 11:36 PM
Will Cheney wear a hairpiece for his debate? Is Leahy his Edwards standin?

dav4463
09-28-2004, 02:42 AM
Bush's joke that Kerry could end up debating himself was a good one. Kerry responded that with Americans dying this is no time for jokes........Yet who was it that just went on the David Letterman show and cracked jokes about Bush ?

ljb
09-28-2004, 08:39 AM
This may be a good discussion for the capping topic.
Bush is listed as strong on style weak on substance.
Will style overcome substance?

sq764
09-28-2004, 10:03 AM
I saw an article on the strengths and weaknesses of each in a debate.. Basically they said the difference is Bush sometimes doesn't answer enough and can appear smug.. Kerry says too much and can be rambling.

GameTheory
09-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by ljb
This may be a good discussion for the capping topic.
Bush is listed as strong on style weak on substance.
Will style overcome substance? Bush is strong on style now? Boy have things changed. I thought he was supposed to be tripping up his words all the time making "Bushisms".

ljb
09-28-2004, 12:22 PM
Game,
The common folk like Bushisms and good ol boy type talk. that is style. Substance is knowledge of the facts etc.
Also from what I just heard about the rules of the debates they will have little more value then the conventions. Just another forum for each canidate to give his speeches.

sq764
09-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Good ole boy talk... Sounds like Clinton, and they loved him..

I think you are mad at George for knowing what the people want.. Kerry doesn't seem to get it.

delayjf
09-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Will style overcome substance?

Why not, worked for Clinton?? I never understood the Charisma factor of Bill Clinton. To me, he came across as the typical used car salesman. I did have one black woman tell me that she'd vote for Clinton because he seemed like the kind of man who "liked a little coffee with his cream". I know I'd like to experience a little of that "pain" he felt with Monica.:D :D

chickenhead
09-28-2004, 01:03 PM
the debates are worthless. from what I understand they have been ever since they have been run by the DNC/RNC.

chickenhead
09-28-2004, 07:55 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040928/ap_en_tv/tv_networks_debates

here is just one small glimpse of how incredibly ludicrous the debates are.

Tom
09-28-2004, 08:37 PM
The fist debate is a moot point.
It is on opposite Survivor. they are voting off TWO people this week. Could it be Bush and Kerry?:D

cj
09-29-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Game,
The common folk like Bushisms and good ol boy type talk. that is style. Substance is knowledge of the facts etc.
Also from what I just heard about the rules of the debates they will have little more value then the conventions. Just another forum for each canidate to give his speeches.

The common folk? You mean the Democrats?

betchatoo
09-29-2004, 06:59 AM
Both sides have posted so many rules to this debate that if the rules are followed it's going to be more like the two of them presenting short speeches. They aren't allowed to ask each other questions. How boring

GameTheory
09-29-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by betchatoo
Both sides have posted so many rules to this debate that if the rules are followed it's going to be more like the two of them presenting short speeches. They aren't allowed to ask each other questions. How boring I've never seen a debate where it wasn't like that. All they do is ignore the questions, and give scripted answers to whatever they want to talk about.

JustMissed
09-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by betchatoo
Both sides have posted so many rules to this debate that if the rules are followed it's going to be more like the two of them presenting short speeches. They aren't allowed to ask each other questions. How boring

After they caught Dan Rather red handed with those forged government documents, how could they trust the networks to be honest in their broadcast of the debates.

You never know what kind of trickery the Devil and his menions are up too.

JM

PaceAdvantage
09-29-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by dav4463
Bush's joke that Kerry could end up debating himself was a good one. Kerry responded that with Americans dying this is no time for jokes........Yet who was it that just went on the David Letterman show and cracked jokes about Bush ?

Exactly. Did anyone else find that appearance to be just a little bit disturbing?

kenwoodallpromos
09-29-2004, 04:03 PM
I saw Kerry on the Daily Show comedy network, but Kerry did not know it was a comedy. LOL.

kenwoodallpromos
09-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Kerry on the Daily Show:

you'd be amazed the number of people who wanna introduce themselves to you in the men's room.
(?? Really John!)