PDA

View Full Version : What if we caught/killed Osama??

sq764
09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
What will happen when we catch/kill bin laden? What will be the rippling affects of it (in the US and internationally)?

I just wonder how this would be in the US, Pakistan, Iraq, Japan, France and anywhere else of note....

so.cal.fan
09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
I would sure look forward to that.....hope we get to find out.

ljb
09-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Word I get is Osama is on ice in Roves garage. Just waiting for the correct moment in October to thaw him out.
But for a more serious point of view. Catching/killing Osama would be a boost to American morale but at this time have little affect on the war on terroism. His replacements have already been trained.

sq764
09-27-2004, 03:44 PM
I guess I wonder if the morale boost would be matched by some crazy threats for his release/payback for his killing...

That's the part that concerns me.. I was actually surprised that nothing along those lines happened after Sadaam was captured..

Equineer
09-27-2004, 04:29 PM
I hope we catch him and expose him to the media scrutiny that will surround prosecuting him. If we kill him in combat, he will live on as a larger-than-life martyr.

Bubbles
09-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Here's my unique, twisted theory of what should happen. We capture him, we lock him up in an isolated cell, but we give him company.

100 kindergarteners singing high-pitched versions of patriotic songs.

Seriously, what other forms of torture match that? :D :) ;) :p

sq764
09-27-2004, 05:42 PM
We could force him to read and decipher all of Derek's posts since he joined PA..

chickenhead
09-27-2004, 06:12 PM
he will be seen as a martyr and great leader by those inclined regardless of what happens....though it would be best to capture him, if you don't get some live footage noone will believe he's really dead....kind of like Tupac and Elvis....

emile
09-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Loks like Ben Laden is much more intelligent than your president and all his warriors!

sq764
09-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Obviously you aren't either, unless that is the Paskistani version of spelling his name..

JustRalph
09-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by emile
Loks like Ben Laden is much more intelligent than your president and all his warriors!

Don't tell me this piece of Crap is back..............Geez! Go pop a Labatt's or whatever the hell you drink in Quebec (I actually like the Canadien beer) and help your wife shave her pits and stay the hell out of the off topic shit. That is if you are going to post the same crap like you did before.........see below for just a few examples of this dickheads posts;

What a shame!
Tillman was killed by his own buddies...What a shame.

Pace,
Quebec people are peacefull people.You did not read my post completly.Why do americans vandalize our cars?Because they are fanatized by your oneway medias.
Will you be happy only when the whole world will think the american way?
This will never happen.

Stop killing your own soldiers
The whole world is laughing at you.

And suf,while you were at the track,how many of your own soldiers did your army killed today?

Tom
09-27-2004, 08:41 PM
What doesn't make any sense is the party line the resident libs are passing off that our invasion of Iraq has stirred up the arab world against us. Liske all the terror attacks from the 1970's up to 9-11-01 never existed.
If, as they say, SH was not an arab in good standing and was not helping the terrorists, why would they be so upset over his dethroning? Or is it that they are upset with us becasue they hated us befreo we ever did anything? Jihad was proclaimed before our invasion.
We should be going after OBL they keep screaming. But if we do cathc him, what do they think will be the response from his followers? Mass atttacks all over the world, release of sleeper cells to do what they can in the US? IF they are so concerned over the reacti to SH capture, the OBL response will be hell unleashed. Why is this acceptabe, especially when it will take place wtihin our own borders and those of innocent nations?
My opinion, when we find him, kill him on the spot,

DJofSD
09-27-2004, 10:08 PM
If they caught OBL? Why, give him to a couple of good ol' boys and let them recreate any scene from any movie they so choose.

What's you fave? "Pulp Fiction"?

DJofSD

Tom
09-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by DJofSD
If they caught OBL? Why, give him to a couple of good ol' boys and let them recreate any scene from any movie they so choose.

What's you fave? "Pulp Fiction"?

DJofSD

Deliverence!:D

WeeWeeeWeeeeeeeeeeeWeeeeeeeee

dav4463
09-28-2004, 02:56 AM
It is hard to find a missing person in America, much less a hermit in a cave in a hostile country. It isn't an easy thing to do. We have the greatest detectives and police in the world, but somehow we couldn't find a missing girl in Utah who was only a few miles from her home. So why should we expect it to be easy to find Osama ?

We will get Osama. I'm sure we are doing whatever we can to capture him. If we get him within the month, the democrats will say we knew where he was, but used him for the election. If we get him later, democrats will gripe about how long it took. Democrats will say so what, we have Osama, but there are too many others he has trained. So should we just quit ? No matter what happens, the democrats will never ever give credit to Bush for anything and will continue with their pessimistic view of the world in general and pander to these radical Islamic thugs who need to be wiped off the face of the planet !

betchatoo
09-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by dav4463

We will get Osama. I'm sure we are doing whatever we can to capture him. If we get him within the month, the democrats will say we knew where he was, but used him for the election. If we get him later, democrats will gripe about how long it took. Democrats will say so what, we have Osama, but there are too many others he has trained. So should we just quit ? No matter what happens, the democrats will never ever give credit to Bush for anything and will continue with their pessimistic view of the world in general and pander to these radical Islamic thugs who need to be wiped off the face of the planet !

Do all Democrats eat the same things, too? Go to bed at the same time? Do we all look alike so you have a hard time telling us apart? Or maybe, in reality, there is only one of us and that's why you know exactly what all of us think.

Lefty
09-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Bet, pretty close. Dems are the closest thing we have to the Borg. You have all been assimilated into one conciousness and will blindly follow a guy who changes his positions every day.
The reason Bush's line about Kerry being able to debate himself for 90 minutes was funny because it carried the most important element of humor: Truth.

betchatoo
09-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
Bet, pretty close. Dems are the closest thing we have to the Borg. You have all been assimilated into one conciousness and will blindly follow a guy who changes his positions every day.
The reason Bush's line about Kerry being able to debate himself for 90 minutes was funny because it carried the most important element of humor: Truth.

I try not to insult people on this board, but I am insulted by this. I blindly follow no one. I choose to vote for Kerry because I don't like the direction Bush took us in. He has led us into a quagmire and he has no idea how to get us out He talks about spending policies as if the money spent in Iraq didn't count. Only domestic spending counts against the national debt.

More than that I resent the statement in Dave Stewart's post that I would pander to terroist scum. I think we need to eliminate them, but instead Bush led us into Iraq where we found no WMD and, despite Cheney's claims (blindly echoed by republican followers), there are no real ties to Al Qaeda.

As to Kerry flip flopping please check the latest on factcheck.org
http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=269

What the republican spinmakers have done in this ad is the lowest form of politics

sq764
09-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Betchatoo, so your reason for voting for Kerry as the president of our country is not because you believe in his policies and his ability to run a country, rather because you don't like the current president??

It's scary that almost everyone I know that is voting for Kerry is voting for him because he's 'the other candidate', not for any viable reason..

betchatoo
09-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Betchatoo, so your reason for voting for Kerry as the president of our country is not because you believe in his policies and his ability to run a country, rather because you don't like the current president??

It's scary that almost everyone I know that is voting for Kerry is voting for him because he's 'the other candidate', not for any viable reason..

No scarier than voting for Bush for the wrong reasons

sq764
09-28-2004, 02:28 PM
How do you know my reasons for voting for bush?

Sounds to me like most voters for Bush are voting for him because they like the job he is doing.. It also sounds like most of the voters for Kerry are voting for him not because his ability to lead the country but because they don't like Bush.

Think about it.. You are voting for someone who has zero ability to lead a country and could potentially run it into the ground even further than you think Bush has..

This is a guy who condems Bush for isolating the USA from other countries, yet insults our allies!! How f-ing stupid is this stiff??

Lefty
09-28-2004, 02:32 PM
bet, I said you were right and now you're offended. Maybe you're one of the girlie men Arnold talks about. I'don't need the link you proffered. I don't need it because I've listened to this man for a yr and I know what he said. Do I blve your link, or my lying ears?
What's Kerry's plan for Iraq? Last I heard it was about the same as what Bush is already doing. Btw, Rush read from a Congressional report today the words Of Kerry 7 yrs ago where he was urging to go into Iraq unilaterally if the UN wouldn't go along. Another flippy floppy!

betchatoo
09-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
bet, I said you were right and now you're offended. Maybe you're one of the girlie men Arnold talks about. I'don't need the link you proffered. I don't need it because I've listened to this man for a yr and I know what he said. Do I blve your link, or my lying ears?
What's Kerry's plan for Iraq? Last I heard it was about the same as what Bush is already doing. Btw, Rush read from a Congressional report today the words Of Kerry 7 yrs ago where he was urging to go into Iraq unilaterally if the UN wouldn't go along. Another flippy floppy!

I once did a large reply on the lies of Rush. If he told me the sun was shining I'd have to go outside and check

schweitz
09-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Getting back on topic---it's my belief that Osama has been dead and buried in a cave for the last two years.

ljb
09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
sq764 asked "How do you know my reasons for voting for Bush?"
I was talking to a fellow today and he said " When you peel away all the bs 'states rights, less taxes' christian values etc., conservatives are just basically bigots.
What do you think?

sq764
09-28-2004, 04:26 PM
biggoted against who?

Lefty
09-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Bet, he was reading from the congressional record. I guess that lies too.
lbj, I think you and your friend are just opinionated hatemongers who are just spewing the party line. Clinton talked diversity, Bush is actually practicing it. Btw, i'm white and live in a N. LV, neighborhood that's mostly black and hispanic. And i'm a conservative. Once again you type and don't know what the hell you're talking about.

JustRalph
09-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by betchatoo
I once did a large reply on the lies of Rush. If he told me the sun was shining I'd have to go outside and check
So you imply that Rush was not being truthful when he read from the "Congressional Record?" You are kidding right?

Instead of addressing the point you write off the messenger. Classic. Bet, in your last few posts you are starting to show your true colors...........

Tom
09-28-2004, 08:57 PM
This would be a good thing....

betchatoo
09-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
So you imply that Rush was not being truthful when he read from the "Congressional Record?" You are kidding right?

Instead of addressing the point you write off the messenger. Classic. Bet, in your last few posts you are starting to show your true colors...........

JR

I have heard him revise history, why would it surprise me if he misread something from the congressional record or dropped a few words to make it sound worse than it was. There are actually conservatives I respect even if I don't agree with them but Rush is not among them. Let me put it this way, would you believe it if it were Michael Moore reading the thing?

As for showing my true colors, I'm not sure what you mean. I have never hidden the fact that I am a liberal and that I totally disagree with the Bush policy.

In this thread I have been told that all Democrats think alike and as such I pander to Islamic terrorists. I have also been called a Borg blindly following someone elses lead. Anyone who knew me would laugh at these assumptions. In earlier threads I have been accused of being a baby killer, a devil worshipper and an anti-patriotic wimp. Somehow I think that if these were directed to you you would also feel insulted.

JustRalph
09-28-2004, 11:04 PM
You are starting to sound like a cool aid drinker.............

how can you mis-read something from the congressional record? I have never heard Rush "revise history" be that as it may.........my comment had to do with you starting to sound like a blind follower of anybody, as long as it isn't Bush.

betchatoo
09-28-2004, 11:38 PM
You are starting to sound like a cool aid drinker.............

how can you mis-read something from the congressional record? I have never heard Rush "revise history" be that as it may.........my comment had to do with you starting to sound like a blind follower of anybody, as long as it isn't Bush.

I'm not blindly following Kerry. I'm going into this election with my eyes wide open. As for Rush, here are a few samples of his revised history

LIMBAUGH: Quotes President James Madison: "We have staked the future...upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." (Told You So, p. 73)
REALITY: "We didn't find anything in our files remotely like the sentiment expressed in the extract you sent to us," David B. Mattern, the associate editor of The Madison Papers, told the Kansas City Star (1/16/94). "In addition, the idea is entirely inconsistent with everything we know about Madison's views on religion and government."

LIMBAUGH: "And it was only 4,000 votes that--had they gone another way in Chicago--Richard Nixon would have been elected in 1960." (TV show, 4/28/94)
REALITY:Kennedy won the 1960 election with 303 electoral votes to 219 for Nixon. Without Illinois' 27 electoral votes, Kennedy would still have won, 276-246.

LIMBAUGH: On how to stop riots: "Richard Daley, in 1968, in the Democratic National Convention, issued an order--where there were rumors of riots--he issued a shoot-to-kill order. And there were no riots and there was no civil disobedience and no shots were fired and nobody was hurt. And that's what ought to happen." (TV show, 6/10/93)
REALITY: Mayor Daley's shoot-to-kill order was issued not at the Democratic Convention, but following the April 4, 1968 Martin Luther King assassination. Daley wasn't reacting to "rumors of riots" since riots had already broken out. The shoot-to-kill order hardly put an end to unrest--since four months after Daley's order, protestors flocked to Chicago's Democratic Convention and engaged in riotous civil disobedience. Protesters chanted, "The whole world is watching." Except for Rush Limbaugh.

LIMBAUGH: In an attack on Spike Lee, director of Malcolm X, for being fast and loose with the facts, Limbaugh introduced a video clip of Malcolm X's "daughter named Betty Shabazz." (TV show, 11/17/92)
REALITY: Betty Shabazz is Malcolm X's widow.

LIMBAUGH: "Those gas lines were a direct result of the foreign oil powers playing tough with us because they didn't fear Jimmy Carter." (Told You So, p. 112)
REALITY: The first--and most serious--gas lines occurred in late 1973/early 1974, during the administration of Limbaugh hero Richard Nixon.

LIMBAUGH: On Iran-Contra special prosecutor Lawrence Walsh: "This Walsh story basically is, we just spent seven years and $40 million looking for any criminal activity on the part of anybody in the Reagan administration, and guess what? We couldn't find any. These guys didn't do anything, but we wish they had so that we could nail them. So instead, we're just going to say, 'Gosh, these are rotten guys.' They have absolutely no evidence. There is not one indictment. There is not one charge." (TV show, 1/19/94)
REALITY:Walsh won indictments against 14 people in connection with the Iran-Contra scandal including leading Reagan administration officials like former Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger and former national security advisers Robert McFarlane and John Poindexter. Of the 14, 11 were convicted or pleaded guilty. (Two convictions were later overturned on technicalities--including that of occasional Limbaugh substitute Oliver North.)

LIMBAUGH: Explaining why the Democrats wanted to "sabotage" President Bush with the 1990 budget deal: "Now, here is my point. In 1990, George Bush was president and was enjoying a 90 percent plus approval rating on the strength of our victories in the Persian Gulf War and Cold War." (Told You So, p. 304)
REALITY: In October 1990, when the budget deal was concluded the Gulf War had not yet been fought.

LIMBAUGH: On the Gulf War: "Everybody in the world was aligned with the United States except who? The United States Congress." (TV show, 4/18/94)
REALITY: Both houses of Congress voted to authorize the U.S. to use force against Iraq.

LIMBAUGH: On Bosnia: "For the first time in military history, U.S. military personnel are not under the command of United States generals." (TV show, 4/18/94)
REALITY: That's news to the Pentagon. "How far back do you want to go?" asked Commander Joe Gradisher, a Pentagon spokesperson. "Americans served under Lafayette in the Revolutionary war." Gradisher pointed out several famous foreign commanders of U.S. troops, including France's Marshall Foch, in overall command of U.S. troops in World War I. In World War II, Britain's General Montgomery led U.S. troops in Europe and North Africa, while another British General, Lord Mountbatten, commanded the China-Burma-India theatre.

dav4463
09-29-2004, 12:54 AM
I have plenty of democrat friends ! Honestly ! But when it comes to politics, they get this glazed over look and go into the same rhetoric every time....I don't like Bush, he kills our young people, Republicans hate poor people, Republicans are racist, etc, etc.....Never anything positive, always negative. No one yet that I have spoken to has a positive reason to vote for Kerry....not even one !!! And every single one of you know that with the intelligence that was given, Bush did what any president Republican or Democrat would have done. So what do you want us to do now ? Just leave Iraq to the terrorists, or should we continue to fight the terrorists ???? You can't reason with terrorists, you have to overwhelm them. Plain and simple.

JustRalph
09-29-2004, 02:19 AM
Hey betcha.........

I can see that 95% of what you posted are just minor error's about dates and such. Doing what he does off the top of his head for 15 hours a week, that is probably not too bad. But I get your point. You can nitpick all you want. We can disagree too........I still think you would have followed whomever the Dems nominated..........enjoy the kool aid

betchatoo
09-29-2004, 06:34 AM
Hey betcha.........

I can see that 95% of what you posted are just minor error's about dates and such. Doing what he does off the top of his head for 15 hours a week, that is probably not too bad. But I get your point. You can nitpick all you want. We can disagree too........I still think you would have followed whomever the Dems nominated..........enjoy the kool aid

JR

These things were a mix-up or reworking of facts, not just dates. I could fill up lots of pages with detailed lies that Rush had told, but what's the point? You would be understanding, because he is a conservative liar.

By the way, I don't like Kool-Aid. I have also never voted a straight ticket in my life (nor a gay one). And I believe you would have voted for whomever the Republicans nominated. Since I'm a liberal guy, I'll just tell you to enjoy the beverage of your choice

Lefty
09-29-2004, 11:49 AM
bet, you still bristling about being called a borg? Read your post that prompted that response. As the lawyers would say, you opened the door...
Gee, this is my Perry Mason moment.

Lefty
09-29-2004, 11:56 AM
bet, myself, I will not for a Republican if he promises to raise taxes, is for abortion and thinks defense should be cut. The Republicans have the solutions and the Dems have the false promises and rhetoric. So I vote Republican.
In the last election for Gov here in Nevada I voted for the Dem candidate a black man. The Gov running for reelection promised to raise taxes. Pity is the Dems did not give their black Dem candidate any backing. So the tax raising Repub got in again. Pity.

PaceAdvantage
09-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Yup, we're all bigots. Look at Bush's cabinet for an example of Republican bigotry. Full of bigotry, don't you think?

Let's see...a bigot is one who is strongly partial to one's own race or religion, and is intolerent of those who differ....

Let's see....hmmmm....just for starters, how many people on Bush's cabient are "non-white" (Bush is white, isn't he?)

Let's see....hmmm....15 non-ranking cabient members....hmmmm..

Secretary of Labor - Elaine Chao - not white
Secretary of Education - Rod Paige - not white
Secretary of State - Colin Powell - not white
Secretary of Transportation - Norman Mineta - not white
Secretary of HUD - Alphonso Jackson - not white

33%....hmmm...yeah, I'd say that's pretty bigoted.

Go Fox Yourself.