PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday's victims

smf
03-13-2002, 02:50 AM
FEPO! This Tejan hasn't enuff positive info on cali racing yet to bet these picks with real $$. That don't mean ya can't laugh at th' losers, tho.

Goaaaalden Gate Fields
race1 Golden Sheika.....very suspicious to me---4yo with all her alw conditions available!!... i don't know if this horse was eligible for another race run for a higher tag recently, or w/b in the future w/o being over her head...still, the turf race last out m/b a throw out after the stumbled start, and Baze is up...win the race, get the runner claimed and you make a small profit on a claim....clear the claimbox and win & you have a runner that's 12-4-2-0 with all alw conditions available....such a deal, but it looks like Peery knows this one won't cruise thru conditions (as if i would know) ..if Baze gets off this mount, *pass*!

race6, Love Bandit....if i knew more @ cali racing this w/b a good w/p candidate (at 6-1 m/l but i don't know cali racing much at all)...Krigger gets the mount (good), Arterburn's speed w/ Baze up is to the outside of Luuuuv Bandit (not good)....Machowsky hauls the claim up to GG for the race and protects him in a str -alw race (very good)...looks like he c/h run in race2 if he wanted, chose an easier spot here tho.

race7, Target Practice...almost inherited a win last out, the speed fig was cheaply earned...looks like Sherman put 2 very strong works in the horse since, and i'll guess the late splits were fast on purpose...the horse has been a fader late in routes, maybe the works w/do the trick.

Good luck...

Boris
03-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Rottsaruck. Was wondering if you have been following Cindy Navarre at Sam Houston. One you may want to add to your list if not already there for when these little piggys head north. Don't remember her before this meet, but she has been in the money quite a bit.

Late

smf
03-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Boris,

Thanks for the heads up on Navarre, I'd never heard of her. I don't plan on going to LS often but I'll check her out.

smf
03-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Three horseys, one winner at $6, (another one in the place hole as well). Sister kissin day, broke even.

Two notes...the race 6 runner was a "no bet" even if all angles were in play. Krigger was off his mounts today, and this was a frontrunner in a hot pace scenario. I only use top jockeys in that case (gee, is that what a REAL pro w/ do?). Also, the jock on the #7 (winner) simply watched my runner go to the front and smoked him at the top of the stretch. Doubtful my pick w/h won with anyone else in the irons, and is a no bet most likely next out.

The race 7 runner- up (gold ruckus) to my winner looks very underweight and since it's a Hollendorfer runner, you may want to give him a look over next out. If he looks like a supermodel again, pass. If my winner (target practice) runs against this competition again at a mile (today was at 8.5f), bet him. He was looking to quit late again but made a nice move on the turn. I'd like to see him run 8f next.

Boris & PA,

Good luck w/ the selections. Gonna be busy for awhile...hit em good.