View Full Version : Political cartoonists

GameTheory
09-25-2004, 07:25 PM
I pulled this from the Fox News thread regarding cartoonist Ted Rall:

Originally posted by hcap

btw, from Ted Rall

TRIUMPH OF THE STULTOCRACY
Ted Rall

"Kerry doesn't know what the working-class people do; he hasn't done any physical labor all his life," Sharon Alfman, a 51-year-old cook in New Lexington, Ohio, told a New York Times reporter. It's true. Kerry is a rich boy. But then she added: "Bush's values are middle-class family values."
After noticing that Rall (who I had never heard of before) himself commits a disconnect in logic (in his opening paragraph) of the same type his article seems to criticize, and finding that somewhat amusing; I decided to look up some of his comic strips. After looking at a dozen or so of them, I've come to the conclusion the this guy is just plain stupid. Not just unfunny stupid, or even ignorant, just low IQ stupid. His work reveals some serious defects in his thinking process. (You can see his stuff at: http://www.ucomics.com/tedrall/)

The most interesting thing is that the same defect seems to be shared among a very high percentage of political cartoonists (of all political leanings). The art of political cartooning is in a sorry state. It is sort of a forced medium to begin with (because work must be produced on a deadline rather than just when it is appropriate or when the artist actually has come up with something worthwhile), but isn't ANYONE good at it (consistently)?

Tom
09-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Does Rall post here as Hcap?:D

You are right, GT, those are poorly written cartoons.
It must be him!

JustRalph
09-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Rall has been around a while. He is a far leftie with a pen and syndicate to distribute him........if he were 15 years younger he would be a hippie.........he is an old fashion liberal. He thinks everybody should be nice to the whole world and the Karma factor will come back to us in spades. Nobody ever dies, politics and especially capitalism are evil concepts..............except when it comes to paying him to draw and write.........