PDA

View Full Version : Another lousy hurricane weekend

bobbytabb
09-25-2004, 01:01 PM
I'm here in Coconut Creek / Ft Lauderdale FL and the hurricane is heading directly west into my living room. Again, for the 2nd time this month, I will probably lose power for a few days. This is getting old already. Hopefully, we will have power today so I can watch the races. And, I am thinking positively and went out this morning and bought Sunday's DRF - so I can play online.
See ya, going back to my foxhole.

CryingForTheHorses
09-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Had old Phil talking fast today as Calder rushed along the races to the tune of 12 minute posts,Looking like its going to hit further north which is fine with me, Hope all people are safe and ready, Stopped by winn-dixie to get my boy some carrots on the way to feed him...Hell the lneups were 60 people deep. Glad I had a few spares as "Sparky" loves them..Look for him Monday.

bobbytabb
09-25-2004, 06:03 PM
so far, so good... still on line at 6:00pm. I didn't try to fight the crowds - besides, there was no line at the newstand buying tomorrow's form.

CryingForTheHorses
09-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Very hard to believe Florida has been hit with 3 hurricanes in a 5 week period,I am very lucky to have dodged them all. My little block house is just great, Havent heard a thing outside as the winds roared thu the trees, I havent even lost power.Was out at Calder early this morn to look after " Sparky ", He was very happy to see me and was looking at all the water in the shed,He loves the mud.I guess lots of people have had their lives turned around in the last 5 weeks,I thank God that hasnt happened to us.