PDA

View Full Version : If You Had to Live in One other country, it would be...

sq764
09-25-2004, 08:55 AM
With all the bashing that fast bastards like Michael Moore tend to do about America, I wonder, if we kicked his fat ass out of here, what country would be his next choice?

And on the flip side, for the sane part of the board, if we HAD to move to another country to live, which would be your first choice..

sq764
09-25-2004, 08:57 AM
Oh, and I would probably have to say Canada for me.. Mainly because it's clean, there are a lot of American-born people living there, and most of all, they have a good selection of harness racing tracks there :-)

(Although I would have to import good beer in from some other country)

keilan
09-25-2004, 10:06 AM
The Scandinavian countries also have some great harness tracks. So don’t be too hasty in your choice of places to live, FYI I saw a dirty street just the other day.

(I'm getten to think you know as much about beer as raising puppies :p :p)

Dave Schwartz
09-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Japan - If I could afford it.

I have never seen a culture where everyone gets along so well. They have contrived a great way for people to live in close quarters together. Aggressive behavior is simply not acceptable.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

CryingForTheHorses
09-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by sq764
Oh, and I would probably have to say Canada for me.. Mainly because it's clean, there are a lot of American-born people living there, and most of all, they have a good selection of harness racing tracks there :-)

(Although I would have to import good beer in from some other country)

Canada has good beer..Isnt watered down like yours.

Tom
09-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
Canada has good beer..Isnt watered down like yours.

Ok then, I'm there!:p

sq764
09-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Only problem with Canada would be figuring out where to go if I needed an MRI.. Especially if Buffalo and Albany were off limits..

Derek2U
09-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Tough Choice. I've been to Canada a lot -- and I love it -- but
Keilan is there & so 4GetAboutIt. Japan seems cool but I'd miss
non-Asians after a time. I love France but impossible to live
there for many reasons. So for me, it's where I am going tomorrow for ~8 days, ITALY. I just love that place. I've been there twice & FLORENCE gets my vote.

sq764
09-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Derek, I hear Toronto is one of the world's leading swinger and cross-dresser havens.. Not sure if that would sweeten the pot for you..

Lefty
09-25-2004, 12:18 PM
England, I guess. I can understand most of the language and the way they speak it and they have lottsa racing. Need to get em to put more data in their "Form" though.

ljb
09-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that all the rightys have selected countries that are more liberal then the U.S. of A.?
:confused:

sq764
09-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Canada more liberal??

chickenhead
09-25-2004, 01:35 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about Australia....but I'm not sure I could handle being around that many Australians 24/7, they can be a bit over the top....so all things considered I'd have to agree with Derek..I'd be headed for Italy.

Derek2U
09-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Can't wait .... but this week I was so proud of California, yeah
CALIF ... I luv that place ... San Diego and Santa Barbara etc.
CALIF did 3 things: (1) Will Vote on spending 3B on stem cell
research to move that issue along. Compare that with the measly
20Million Bush has allowed ... (2) Will de-criminalize junkies toting
their own needles ... YES it's a crime to possess drug stuff ...
(3) Insist on all cars used in CALIF to be much better on gas use
& pollution. California is the planet's 12th largest ECONOMY
And, 20% of all cars & suv's are bought in CALIF. Now I see why
states' rights are crucial given the fed gov't lard ass work habits.
No matter what Stem Cell work will (IS) BIG BUSINESS -- and I'd
rather see the USA rule than Japan or Israel (which by my firms'
investing signals that those 2 countries will win the race.) ....
Go Cal, Go.

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 01:55 PM
I get a kick out of all the attacks on Michael Moore who's biggest crime is NOT that he is overweght, but that he started people to talking.

When one cannot attack logically (a ploy many lawyers use) they attack peripherrally on something that is totally irrelevant, but handy to defraytowards, not being able to argue the facts.

Can you imagine folks attacking Dr. Stephen Hawking as a skinny little guy in a wheelchair rather than on the facts of his argument??Same thing...

sq764
09-25-2004, 01:58 PM
The difference is Steven Hawking doesn't dilute the facts and tell them the way he sees them.. Facts are facts..

With Moore, it's some facts mixed with twisted opinion..

And this is why one of them is a genious and the other is just some fat guy.

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 02:11 PM
No matter how big the mutuel is, there is NO TAX on track winnings in Canada.

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 02:14 PM
cant leave it alone. have to attack his physicality

sq764
09-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Sorry.. He is a slightly overweight useless pile of shit.. better?

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Iraq is a bottomless pit.......

The commander is chief is less than honest.

Diluted??

sq764
09-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Let me ask you.. Is Kerry an honorable veteran or a pacifist back stabber?

Could he be both, depending on who's looking at it?

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Again..topic is Geroge, Miceal Moore and the lawyer (and the old ploy to defray arugument away form the facts) asks about another person NOT ONCE mentioned in this whole discussion.

sq764
09-25-2004, 02:36 PM
The point was that you can show any clip you want and put any spin you want on it.. This is Moore's MO..

There were no less than 40 lies in his movie that were pointed out. How can you even take this guy seriously?

How can you lose respect for a president that lies (And God knows he is the first one to do this), yet believe a different liar in Moore?

Is this just a selective thing?

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Send in your LIE list QUICK and MM will pay you ten grand!!

sq764
09-25-2004, 02:44 PM
I didn't think you would answer the question..

At least all anti-Bush people are alike in that way..

Equineer
09-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Sorry.. He is a slightly overweight useless pile of shit.. better? Zoom in on this if you need another fat target to slander! :D
http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/2004_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway/P0001586

Don't you realize that calling someone a "fat bastard" or "overweight useless POS" makes you look stupid!

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 02:55 PM
In MM's case NO one died

In Dubyah's case over 1000 died

sq764
09-25-2004, 02:58 PM
"Don't you realize that calling someone a "fat bastard" or "overweight useless POS" makes you look stupid!"

If you say so..

Do you realize that misrepresenting the president of the United States makes one look stupid?

Do you realize that misrepresenting and lying about an administration potentially divides the country as a whole?

If you want to take the whole thread out of context, who be it me to stop you.. But if you do so, it's of your own volition, not mine..

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Because someone sits in the Oval office does not mean they are above crtical examination. When the head of the country is so OUT OF TOUCH with reality, it is time to ciritcize him

Same for Tricky DIck, LBJ and a few others

sq764
09-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Criticize, yes, lie about no..

(Funny you say spade is a spade, but calling Moore a fat bastard is out of line)

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Give me some of these generic lies ....Of course where would one start??

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 03:57 PM
The yellow cake Uranium ploy?

"There are NO good targets in Afgahistan...The Rummy plot.

Mobil germ labs??

The economy is in good shape...Woops the GAO did not hear that one when there was a RECORD deficeit posted. Don't need to go too far to find that. Many a good friend is pounding the pavement looking for work.

WMD??? maybe if they look until about 210 they might realize this mistake as well.

Tom
09-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 46zilzal
I get a kick out of all the attacks on Michael Moore who's biggest crime is NOT that he is overweght, but that he started people to talking.

When one cannot attack logically (a ploy many lawyers use) they attack peripherrally on something that is totally irrelevant, but handy to defraytowards, not being able to argue the facts.

Can you imagine folks attacking Dr. Stephen Hawking as a skinny little guy in a wheelchair rather than on the facts of his argument??Same thing...

Michael Moore and facts? Huh? You gotta be kidding! MM is a complete liar and has no credibilty. It is really sad that there are so many morons out there that think he produced a documentary. Sad commentary on the results of our educational system.

Tom
09-25-2004, 05:58 PM
So, anyone want to venture a guess as to which troll has returned and what name he is using this time around?:D

cryptic1
09-25-2004, 06:26 PM
I recognize that passions get inflamed on this off topic board,
however no one on this board has signed up to be ridiculed or
humiliated. I find your attack on Tom to be particularly
egregious. It is one thing to caricature or ridicule public figures
as that is the price of celebrity, however, it is another to ridicule
a poster on this board for their appearance. Some or all of us,
may, on occasion, deride others opinions or thoughts, but none
of us should be indulging in the juvenile venomous attack that
you have perpetrated. I trust other posters recognize that this
type of posting is unnecessary and unwanted.

cryptic1

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Not the messenger.

The greatest of men speak of ideas.
Lessser men speak of facts, but
The least of men speak of other men.

Often think I must be in a room full of LAWYERS who have one heck of a time dealing with the above idea.

Secretariat
09-25-2004, 07:17 PM
It appears Mr. Bush has begun his lying ways again as the Associated Press reported:

"He [Bush] stated flatly that Kerry had said earlier in the week "he would prefer the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein to the situation in Iraq today." The line drew gasps of surprise from Bush's audience in a Racine, Wis., park. "I just strongly disagree," the president said.

But Kerry never said that. In a speech at New York University on Monday, he called Saddam "a brutal dictator who deserves his own special place in hell." He added, "The satisfaction we take in his downfall does not hide this fact: We have traded a dictator for a chaos that has left America less secure."

Once more Bush twists the truth. Bout time for his daddy to take that boy out to the woodshed.

sq764
09-25-2004, 07:43 PM
cryptic, who insulted Equineer? Did I miss something?

schweitz
09-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Equineer
Zoom in on this if you need another fat target to slander! :D
http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/2004_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway/P0001586

Don't you realize that calling someone a "fat bastard" or "overweight useless POS" makes you look stupid!

And what does this post say about you?

GameTheory
09-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
It appears Mr. Bush has begun his lying ways again as the Associated Press reported:

"He [Bush] stated flatly that Kerry had said earlier in the week "he would prefer the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein to the situation in Iraq today." The line drew gasps of surprise from Bush's audience in a Racine, Wis., park. "I just strongly disagree," the president said.

But Kerry never said that. In a speech at New York University on Monday, he called Saddam "a brutal dictator who deserves his own special place in hell." He added, "The satisfaction we take in his downfall does not hide this fact: We have traded a dictator for a chaos that has left America less secure."

Once more Bush twists the truth. Bout time for his daddy to take that boy out to the woodshed. Technically, you are correct. But Kerry certainly implied that "he would prefer the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein to the situation in Iraq today." Is there another interpretation?

sq764
09-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Secretariat, what's funny is that Fahrenheit 9/11 was solely based on the notion of twisting one's words and delivering a version of the statement..

Yet NOW you want to find fault with this??

You're too much man..

Tom
09-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
And what does this post say about you?

Equineer has previously said all there is to say about herself. She is really Vetscratch, who betrayed confidential emails in a public forum. And she is back under a new name, obviously lacking the "balls" so to speak to let anyone know who she really is. Must really suck to be such a loser you cannot use your real name and have to hide behind multiple phoney internet names. Theses low lifes are a dime a dozen on the net. I call them cockraoches, because you spray, they leave, but always come back hiding behind another identity. You learn to take whatever they have to say as meaningless and ignore it. It is a lot like eating chili and hot peppers - a good thing. The internet is a good thing. The intestinal unrest caused by the hot meal is a bad thing; Vetscratch is a bad thing. See the connection?:D

Equineer
09-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by cryptic1
I recognize that passions get inflamed on this off topic board,
however no one on this board has signed up to be ridiculed or
humiliated. I find your attack on Tom to be particularly
egregious. It is one thing to caricature or ridicule public figures
as that is the price of celebrity, however, it is another to ridicule
a poster on this board for their appearance. Some or all of us,
may, on occasion, deride others opinions or thoughts, but none
of us should be indulging in the juvenile venomous attack that
you have perpetrated. I trust other posters recognize that this
type of posting is unnecessary and unwanted.

cryptic1 Cryptic1,

Nobody posts more juvenile insults in this forum than Tom. You can search and find numerous examples like:Must really suc to have your head THAT far up your arse, Hcap

Ljb(astard) Chenney is doing just fine.

I must apologize to Hcap here....my typing sent out the wrong message. What I meant to say was "your ass-puppet," of course refering to Ljb.My post to SQ764 was a complaint against routine insults that just deflect attention away from pertinent issues.

My opinion of Tom's body of posts is that his idealogy intersects with the Final Solution ravings of the Nazis, as in certain "tribes" need to be obliterated.

That said, Tom should have a voice here like anyone else, and both Bush and Kerry would like any vote they can get.

BTW, I am also overweight and under strict doctor's instructions to lose 15 more pounds. Fat, after all, is what health experts say most Americans are in comparison to recommended levels by sex, age, and height.

Since fat is so common, if someone wanted to really deride Tom's appearance, wouldn't something distinctive like his eerily deja-vu hairstyle serve their purpose better? :)

sq764
09-25-2004, 09:43 PM
What a low-life POS you are.. Why don't you post your picture up here, I am sure we would love the laugh..

Tom
09-25-2004, 09:49 PM
What a low-life POS you are.. Why don't you post your picture up here, I am sure we would love the laugh..

keilan
09-25-2004, 09:52 PM
I've missed you Scratchy :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Equineer
09-25-2004, 09:54 PM
What a low-life POS you are.. Why don't you post your picture up here, I am sure we would love the laugh.. Earlier, when you insisted on coupling fat with bastards, asses, and pieces-of-shit you were implying that fat is a common denominator... this was the juvenile aspect of your posts... not all fat people are bastards, asses, or POS. :)

sq764
09-25-2004, 09:56 PM
That is about the stupidest comment of the week.. Congrats..

In no way, no how did I insinuate ALL fat people are bastards or ALL bastards are fat....

You're kiddin gme that all your comments are based on speculation.. You're more pathetic than I first imagined..

Equineer
09-25-2004, 10:08 PM
SQ764,
How quickly you forgot your earlier back-and-forth other posters on this very same issue. Anyone who pursues this thread from the top can see that you have a "fat" prejudice.

sq764
09-25-2004, 10:17 PM
No, only you perceive that, and I am starting to realize its because you are not that bright.. (Ok, so now I have a prejudice against stupid people.. guilty as charged)

Your post was totally uncalled for and was disgusting.. You are truely a POS..

Lefty
09-25-2004, 10:23 PM
lbj, you said funny the righty's on board all picked countries more liberal tham U.S.A. lbj, all countries are more liberal the this country. Sheesh!

JustRalph
09-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the Jungle..........things are getting riled up nicely.

Equineer
09-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by keilan
I've missed you Scratchy :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: Hi Keilan,
LOL - Right now I am not too pleased with Scratchy... finally got ahead of the curve after taking some heat from her... but am now waiting for she and Dad-Scratchy to fix some bugs in their latest updates. I've been hooked up with Scratchy Senior since our glory days, but she's no slouch either.

GameTheory
09-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
lbj, you said funny the righty's on board all picked countries more liberal tham U.S.A. lbj, all countries are more liberal the this country. Sheesh! Switzerland would be interesting choice -- guns everywhere, but no one getting shot; refuses to join the EU; some things to like there. Of course they won't actually let you come live there, but hypothetically...

sq764
09-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Isn't that where Bobby Fischer turned up living??

GameTheory
09-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Isn't that where Bobby Fischer turned up living?? He was planning on heading there and declaring asylum. He was arrested in Japan first. Also spent time in various parts of central Europe and the Philippines.

ljb
09-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Many words since I last posted on this thread. A couple of responses.
1. Tom is indeed the worst violater of stooping to name calling and his percieved ridicule of posters who disagree with him. Personally I don't let this bother me, it just re-affirms my having posted facts he can't dispute.
2. Lefty, A couple of countries that come to mind as being less liberal then the U.S.A. Iran and Mexico. Many South American countries also have a conservative lean. Iraq is heading toward conservatism only time will tell there.

Suff
09-26-2004, 12:06 PM
holland

Lefty
09-26-2004, 12:15 PM
lbj, i also qualified my post as to language. I don't want to learn a new language and unlike some who live here, i don't want to live where i can't speak the language. Iran? Gimme a brk.

Tom
09-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Mexico.
I could come home tonight!:D

schweitz
09-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Republic of Texas--:cool:

Secretariat
09-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by GameTheory
Technically, you are correct. But Kerry certainly implied that "he would prefer the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein to the situation in Iraq today." Is there another interpretation?

Calling it "technically" doesn't excuse Bush lying about what Kerry actually said. Had Bush accurately quoted Kerry, and then stated why he beleived that was inaccurate would have shown some integrity, but to outright lie about what the man said only a day or two before seems to be his approach. They now apparenmtly seem to be making up stuff and repeating it often enough until people beleive its a fact.

I don't think Kerry "implied" he would prefer the dictatorship of Hussein to the situaiton in Iraq today. That's your inference. I think what Kerry was saying was quite clear.

That Saddam was a brutal dictator who deserved his own special place in hell, and that the satisfaction we take in his downfall does not hide the fact that we have traded a dictator for a chaos that has left America less secure.

His point is that America and the world is not more secure due to the fall of Saddam Hussein. My opinion is that Kerry is stating the world is a much more dngerous place to live in now as Presdient Musharraf said recently, and that the situation in Iraq is becoming more chaotic.

I think we need to ask this question: Was installing an Allawi government worth the cost of American lives, worth an increase in international terrorism, worth the diversion from the hunt for Bin Laden, worth the divisiveness from our allies, and worth the cost to future generations saddled with paying the cost of this unilateral pre-emptive "non-imminnent" war? I think asked in that way, I know how I would answer ... No, it was not worth it.

Suff
09-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
Republic of Texas--:cool:
bye

Tom
09-26-2004, 03:44 PM
It's early...Kerry will be taking that positon soon. He is taking ALL the positions. When you want to see what Kerry stands for, you need one of those weather maps they use to track the hurrikanes - the ones with the wide triangles where the storm might go!:D

bettheoverlay
09-26-2004, 05:13 PM
After reading the title of this thread, I thought, at last, an interesting topic without all the juvenile knee jerk partison bickering, but alas it is not to be. Don't you guys ever get tired of this stuff? I hope your handicapping is more original than your political thinking.

I guess I need a refuge from our dispiriting political process. I would choose Tuscany, despite the language problems. Beauty beyond belief. Holland is also great, and they speak English.

GameTheory
09-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Calling it "technically" doesn't excuse Bush lying about what Kerry actually said. Had Bush accurately quoted Kerry, and then stated why he beleived that was inaccurate would have shown some integrity, but to outright lie about what the man said only a day or two before seems to be his approach. They now apparenmtly seem to be making up stuff and repeating it often enough until people beleive its a fact.I wasn't trying to excuse Bush, but I thought that while Bush may have literally misquoted him (I'm taking your word for that as I haven't seen the source) I don't think he misrepresented Kerry. It is not clear from the article that Bush was even implying that he was directly quoting him.

I don't think Kerry "implied" he would prefer the dictatorship of Hussein to the situaiton in Iraq today. That's your inference. I think what Kerry was saying was quite clear.

That Saddam was a brutal dictator who deserved his own special place in hell, and that the satisfaction we take in his downfall does not hide the fact that we have traded a dictator for a chaos that has left America less secure.

His point is that America and the world is not more secure due to the fall of Saddam Hussein. My opinion is that Kerry is stating the world is a much more dngerous place to live in now as Presdient Musharraf said recently, and that the situation in Iraq is becoming more chaotic. Fine. Good for him. But all of that means Kerry would prefer the original situation in Iraq to the one we have today. Where is the misrepresentation? Assuming Kerry would agree 100% with what you just said here, we could say of this position without misrepresenting it that, "he [Kerry] would prefer the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein to the situation in Iraq today." So what's the problem? That's your and Kerry's position, so own up to it.

I don't even know why you are arguing. You either think it was better to leave Saddam in power or better to remove him from power. You can't have it both ways unless you argue that removing Saddam seemed like the right thing to do at the time, but in hindsight you think that it wasn't. But if you take that position you can't blame Bush because you also thought it was right at the time, so I know that can't be your position. So, if you think it was wrong to go in there and remove Saddam, that means YOU PREFER THE DICTATORSHIP OF SADDAM HUSSEIN to the alternative (removing him) that led to THE SITUATION IN IRAQ TODAY. That is what you think, so just say so. There are plenty of people who agree, as apparently John Kerry did on that day. (I have not seen his up-to-the-minute positions, so I don't know if it is still the same.)

schweitz
09-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Suff
bye

Bye to you--enjoy Holland.

Lefty
09-26-2004, 06:56 PM
betthe, don't think Tuscany is a country. But it is in Italy, I blve.
Don't like the bickering? Tune out. It's a free country.

CryingForTheHorses
09-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Derek, I hear Toronto is one of the world's leading swinger and cross-dresser havens.. Not sure if that would sweeten the pot for you..

Hey sq764
Im a toronto boy!, We tried to send them all down RXB'S way in Vancouver,Lots of cross-dresser's there,LMAO Funny people!

keilan
09-26-2004, 07:24 PM
How do so many straight guys know so much about cross-dressers and all? :confused: :confused:

Lefty
09-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Actually, most cross-dressers are straight guys. It's a popular misconception that cross-dressers are mostly homosexuals.

Buckeye
09-27-2004, 07:53 AM
And just how does one know?

I have enough trouble just tying my shoes. :eek:

sq764
09-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Just think how easy it would be... You would have double the wardrobe, with your wife's and all.. You could do makeup together...

Dave Schwartz
09-27-2004, 10:20 AM
You guys are too much... What happened to the "country" thread?

Dave

Secretariat
09-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Fine. Good for him. But all of that means Kerry would prefer the original situation in Iraq to the one we have today. Where is the misrepresentation? Assuming Kerry would agree 100% with what you just said here, we could say of this position without misrepresenting it that, "he [Kerry] would prefer the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein to the situation in Iraq today." So what's the problem? That's your and Kerry's position, so own up to it.

I don't even know why you are arguing. You either think it was better to leave Saddam in power or better to remove him from power. You can't have it both ways unless you argue that removing Saddam seemed like the right thing to do at the time, but in hindsight you think that it wasn't. But if you take that position you can't blame Bush because you also thought it was right at the time, so I know that can't be your position. So, if you think it was wrong to go in there and remove Saddam, that means YOU PREFER THE DICTATORSHIP OF SADDAM HUSSEIN to the alternative (removing him) that led to THE SITUATION IN IRAQ TODAY. That is what you think, so just say so. There are plenty of people who agree, as apparently John Kerry did on that day. (I have not seen his up-to-the-minute positions, so I don't know if it is still the same.)

It isn't an either/or argument as you define it. Kerry wanted to continue the UN inspection process to determine whether Hussein was a threat to America while continuing the true war on terror on the hunt for bin Laden. If ar became imminnet then, Kerry's appraoch would have been to build a true coalition as Bush I did in the early 90's, and a coalition including Arab nations, and countries who would contribute funds and troops. Kerry certainly would have had a better exit strategy before engaging Hussein as well. The reliance on Chalabi based information and the neocons was seriously flawed.

But don't take my word for it. Here are a few Republicans and their comments on Bush's performance:

Lugar: "The lack of planning is apparent."

Hagel: "It is beyond pitiful, beyond embarassing, it is now in the zone of dangerous."

Hagel: " The worst thing Americans can do is hold ourselves hostage to some grand illusion we're winning. right now, we're not winning. Things are getting worse."

McCain: "We've made serious mistakes."

General Joseph Hoare (former Marine commandment, and head of the US Central Command): The idea that this is going to go the way these guys have planned is ludicrous. There are no good options."

And Newsweek: " It's worse than you think."

Even Powell stated today the situation is getting worse.

but what does Mr. Bush say: "Iraq is enjoying the hope and security of democracy."

Nothing like rose colored glasses, but this borders on the outright deception of the american public. However, I do agree Mr. Bush is resolute. Then again so was the captain on the Titanic.

Lefty
09-27-2004, 11:44 AM
and now we know the goofy anon and the UN is corrupt so Kerry would have been wrong to continue an inspection process that had been going on for 12 yrs and had Saddam putting them through hoops. And if the inspection process was still ongoing what does that mean? Gee, sec, think it means Saddam would still be in power and committing atrocities and funding terrorists. Kerry WRONG! Bush RIGHT!

ljb
09-27-2004, 12:40 PM
From Lefty,
"And if the inspection process was still ongoing what does that mean? Gee, sec, think it means Saddam would still be in power and committing atrocities and funding terrorists.
And 1046 less American soldiers would be dead and billions of dollars could have been spent finding Osama and the real terrorists. And the Islamic world would not have a hatred for the U.S.A.

Lefty
09-27-2004, 01:19 PM
And they wouldn't be having elections in Iraq and Saddam would be killing his citzens by the thousands and FUNDING terrorists and Harboring terrorists that want us dead and possibly be working on delivery systems to send his chemicals our way and firing up his nuke prgm. And they already hate us lbj, they hate everybody. You do know that 9-11 happened before the Iraq war don'tcha?
The price of freedom and democracy is great.

JustRalph
09-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Just think how easy it would be... You would have double the wardrobe, with your wife's and all.. You could do makeup together...

There is no way in hell I am gonna get my wife to shop at Lane Bryant with me!

(and if you don't get that little bit of humor,,,,,,,ask your wife)

brdman12
09-27-2004, 01:55 PM
SRI LANKA

ljb
09-27-2004, 03:29 PM
from Lefty
" You do know that 9-11 happened before the Iraq war don'tcha?'
Yes I do remember when some terroists from saudi attacked us. They then went into hiding in Afghanistan. It was said this group was strong in Indonesia and Yemen. So dubya tried to outsmart em he attacked Iraq. :D :D :D
The rest of your post is just imaginary beliefs brought on by listening to that con man Chalabi.
Or perhaps you have been watching faux again and forgot to take your anti-stupify pills. ;)

Lefty
09-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Saddam was horboring and financing terrorists. A report came out last week that Saddam was going to startup his nukes prgm again. You prob missed it cause you listen to CBS a network more intent on influencing an election rather bringing the actual news.
Maybe if you listened to fair and balanced news you might actually post a real thght of your own and actually sound cogent.
BTW, you libs memories are so bad i now understand why Kerry can constantly change his positions every day.
"If you don't blve Sadddam has WMD's then you shouldn't vote for me." Who said those words?

ljb
09-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Lefty,
Was that a faux news release? Reason I ask is it is all lies.
Oh wait a minute maybe you got that from the oxycontin kid. Is he still on?

Lefty
09-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Which statement is all lies? You just refuse to blve the truth. Should know, you're a close minded lib?
Who said, "if you don't blve Saddam has WMD's then don't vote for me?" C'mon, lbj, who said that? Stretch that convenient memory. BTW, guess what, you just insulted my wife and every orther person that has to take heavy painkilling drugs. Thanks for pointing out, once again, how uncompassionate a lot of libs really are.

GameTheory
09-27-2004, 07:46 PM
It isn't an either/or argument as you define it. Kerry wanted to continue the UN inspection process to determine whether Hussein was a threat to America while continuing the true war on terror on the hunt for bin Laden. If ar became imminnet then, Kerry's appraoch would have been to build a true coalition as Bush I did in the early 90's, and a coalition including Arab nations, and countries who would contribute funds and troops. Kerry certainly would have had a better exit strategy before engaging Hussein as well. The reliance on Chalabi based information and the neocons was seriously flawed.

But don't take my word for it. Here are a few Republicans and their comments on Bush's performance: [IRRELEVANCIES REMOVED -- gt]
Well, you talk like Kerry, I'll give you that. You dodge the question and give your scripted answers to some other question that you really want to answer. This is why people don't like the guy -- he won't just tell you where he stands.

Tom
09-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Well, I wonder what country this THREAD will go live in? We are seriously off topic here, even for Off Topic.

LAst word I have, is read the new book, The Bomb in My Garden, written by none other than Sadaam Hussein's nuclear chief himself. Will shed a lot of light on just what was going on in Iraq under the devil's regime. I guess this is original source material, no doubt as to who wrote it, who said it, where it came from.

cryptic1
09-27-2004, 10:28 PM
You keep stating that because of the invasion of Iraq most
of the world now dislikes the U.S. Where have you been for
the last 40 years. I recognize that the U.S. media tends to be
extremely parochial, but a person such as yourself must have
come across some foreign journalism.
The Arab world has had strained relations with the U.S. since
the 50's. The Irani's hated the U.S. because they kept the Shah
in power. Eygpt hated the U.S. because it supported Israel.
The Saudi's hated the U.S. because their support of the Royal
family disenfranchised most of the population. The people of Iraq
were always angry that the U.S. supported the status quo and
the totalitarian regimes there. All these countries at various
times resented the behind the scenes manipulations of the CIA.
All of these countries have been willing at various times to
take U.S. money or weapons but their government controlled
newspapers have for the past 40 years consistently attacked
and demonized the U.S.
In the far east most of the countries have consistently
decried the CIA involvement in the political life of these nations.
From Viet Nam to the Philipines, most of the governments at one
time or another have played the anti-U.S. card in their elections.
The one consistent in the last 40 years has been the attempt
to blame the U.S. for all their economic or political problems.
Even some of the so called Nato allies have at one time or
another played up the anti-U.S. card in their national elections.
Even Canada has used this despicable tactic to win votes in
national elections. At various time in the last half century France
has gone out of its way publicly and privately to distance itself
from the U.S. Their press has historically been contemptuous of
your nation and its people. Even in England your staunchest ally,
the left wing press has constantly pilloried the U.S. from the
'ban the bomb'crowd to the anti globilization mobs (you are free
to substitute anti-U.S.). Whether its the 60's or now, much of
the media in England spends an inordinate amount of time
bashing or ridiculing the U.S. and many of its action.
I said this to you months ago, the issue isn't whether your
nation is liked or disliked, the only issue that should concern a
U.S. citizen is whether the actions of the president were in the best interests of the nation. You and I may disagree on this latter
point but please stop with this other nonsense which is both
irrelevant and historically inaccurate.

cryptic1

Tom
09-27-2004, 11:15 PM
cryptic1...excellant post.
I have asked Ljb to provide us with his wisdom on what should be done in Iraq, since he seems to post daily how bad Bush is doing, I guess HE must know what is the right corse of action.
This should be interesting reading!:D

SilverSow
09-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Canada... BC is beautiful...

Dave

P.S. Does this put us back on topic now? LOL

Dave Schwartz
09-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Silver,

LOL - Yes, one must search through the myriad of replies to find something to respond to. <G>

I have heard the BC is beautiful Ever taken the virtual tour?

http://www.virtuallyvancouver.com/

Haven't been there in awhile but it was cool last time I used it. I had a friend "walking me down the street."

Dave

BIG RED
09-28-2004, 11:17 AM
BELIZE

Dave Schwartz
09-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Uh, I mispoke. I have never been to Vancouver. I have not been to the virtual Vancouver in awhile.

Dave

cj
09-28-2004, 03:16 PM
It's very nice here in Belgium. I wouldn't choose to live here over the US, but if I had to leave the US, it wouldn't be the worse place in the world, that's for sure.

sq764
09-28-2004, 03:18 PM
I would imagine they have some kick-ass waffles..

cj
09-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Yes, and the beer is glorious! And the women...oh wait, I'm married! I still look though!

Secretariat
09-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Well, you talk like Kerry, I'll give you that. You dodge the question and give your scripted answers to some other question that you really want to answer. This is why people don't like the guy -- he won't just tell you where he stands.

Scripted...please. GW Bush is totally on script. Whenever he holds an impormptu news conference he makes a fool of himself. In fact he's given fewer than any President.

His poltical rallies only allow people who are approved and Karl Rove basically is calling the shots on what he says and doesn't say.

Kerry doesn't dodge questions. He answers them without a script. Did you see his interview last night on ABC? You may not like his answers, but please don't say he dodges them. In fact I understand Bush is now trying to go AWOL on some of the later debates.

Pretty obvious why Ike's boy is endorsing Kerry.

GameTheory
09-29-2004, 11:32 AM
They are both scripted, actually, AND SO ARE YOU. (And you dodged the question AGAIN -- do you actually look at what you are writing? Seriously, is it possible for you to converse like a normal human being?)

Anyway, scripted I expect. I haven't seen a "naturalistic" politician since Reagan. But I can understand the positions expressed in Bush's script. I honestly cannot figure out what Kerry stands for. He says something that sounds pretty clear, but you tell me no, no, that's wrong, he means something else. You don't tell me what that something else is -- just a list of things that you think are wrong with George Bush. So I ask again, how did I (and George Bush) misrepresent the position, and again your response is a list of things you think are wrong with George Bush. So what is Kerry's position? I have no idea.

Hint: a list of things about George Bush doesn't tell me anything about John Kerry.

Lefty
09-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Did you see Bush on O'Reilly? Totally unscripted, totally at ease. Answered the questions. Kerry hasn't agreed to appear and prob won't. Did you see that tan Kerry has acquired? Talk about phony...
One thing about Bush, he's consistent. We know what he stands for. Kerry's been on the campaign trail over a yr and his people say these debates are another chance for the american people to get to know who he is. If you don't know who a candidate is in a yr then we're never gonna know.