PDA

View Full Version : yeast program

pat
03-12-2002, 06:56 PM
im interested in obtaining a copy of a program of john beavers yeast if u can e mail it to me it would be greatly appreciated

John
03-12-2002, 07:10 PM
Pat,

Check with LEFFTY.He has everything.

Lefty
03-12-2002, 08:48 PM
Nope, not that one. Don't remember if it was an e-mail prgm or came on disk. You prob. would need an orig. disk. If it was e-mail prgm, pretty sure Beav copy-protected it.
Sorry.
I guess I have ALMOST everything. I know there's quite a few I didn't get for one reason or another.

Some_One
03-12-2002, 09:20 PM
Fo the hell of it, what programs do you have Lefty?

pasco
03-13-2002, 09:13 AM
Beav sold that program for 250.00 on his website.A couple of guys bought it and now sell those numbers for a fee on their
own websites and say its their handicapping talents ect.His closest friend tole me he sold like 6 copies before his death.
I don't know the sites but I'm sure someone does.. Pasco:(

Lefty
03-13-2002, 01:01 PM
some-one, how far back do you want to go? I bght everything of Doc sartin's from Ultra-Scan on up to Validator 2. that is his latest.
I had Mitchell's 4-1, 5-1, and now All In One.
I had lots of manual entry prgms. Too many to list.
In today's download evironment I have the aforementioned AllINONe, Validator 2, Fast Fred Pro, Focus, Contenders 10, A+7,
Equism, HSH, Speed plus 4, ProCapper and prob. some I can't remember right now.

pasco
03-13-2002, 04:39 PM
the yeast program is at keypony.com.They bought

the program and pass it off as theirs.They changed some of the

headers but they couldn't pick a winner and they don't know

how to use it and also horsewire.com.Beav would roll over

in his grave if he knew what they did with his program.

Some_One
03-13-2002, 05:20 PM
Lefty, what are your thoughts on Fast Fred Pro?

karlskorner
03-14-2002, 04:45 PM
Some One

I remember somebody using Fast Fred Pro at GP. I found him today, he has be using it for about a year. Here is what I wrote down:
Days 180
Class - Best default
Pace - Avg. last 2
All finishes.
There is something where you can adjust the weight for different styles (I am not sure) but he said he returned all to 5, after not being able to get results after 6 months. His main thing is boxing the 3 class horses for alw. and higher claiming races, he also prefers the Power Number over Perf Class. I know he does quite well with it because he is one of those people who shout "I had the Tri, I had the Tri". I once asked him to go sit in the grandstand.

Karl

Lefty
03-14-2002, 08:40 PM
I haven't used it (Fast Fred) much but it's a decent prgm and reasonably priced. Uses fps nos. and I cght some longshots use top avg pace and bet it if it also had best ep and was 4-1 up. Didn't get many plays this way but got some nice wins.

Figman
10-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Ole John Beaver's YEAST program rose to the occasion today in the 10th race at Belmont Park that had superfecta wagering. John must be smiling from that big racetrack in the sky!
After scratches, the program selected in order ETOUFEE, VENETIAN GLASS, RELATIVA & CANDY VERSE. The superfecta result was in order ETOUFEE, VENETIAN GLASS, CANDY VERSE & RELATIVA. Looking at the late double price, ETOUFEE certainly was an "overlay" at 10-1!

Belmont Park-Race: 10 Win Place Show
1st 11 ETOUFEE 23.60 11.60 9.00
2nd 6 VENETIAN GLASS 15.80 10.40
3rd 12 CANDY VERSE 6.40
4th 8 RELATIVA (ARG)
$2 D/Double 6/11 21.80
$2 Exacta 11-6 227.00
$2 Trifecta 11-6-12 2171.00
$2 Superfecta 11-6-12-8 10102.00
:) :) :)

I have been having great success using this program's top 4 contenders combined with the top 4 BRIS Power numbers for my overall contender selection.

Speed Figure
10-20-2002, 10:10 PM
What is so great about EquiSim can someone let me know.

What does it do.I can see that almost everyone on this forum is using this program why.

Dick Schmidt
10-21-2002, 12:28 AM
Speed Figure,

There has been a ton written about Equisim on this board, including by the author of the program. Check the old posts.

You might get a better response to your question if you posted it somewhere that actually had something to do with Equisim. Tacking it on to the end of an old thread about another program most likely won't generate the response you are looking for. Couldn't hurt to be a bit more polite in your request, either.

Dick

Speed Figure
10-21-2002, 01:51 AM
Dick,

Follow your own words sayin that RPM software is not worth a damn does not sound polite to me.

I have e-mailed the guy from EquiSim.I was tryin to see why the handicappers on this board use it.

Amazin
10-21-2002, 02:36 PM
Pasco:

Went to the site"keypony" and they don' t seem to be selling the program only a service."Horsewire" link is a connection refused.

Figman:

Where did you get your copy of the program?

Myhorse1_X
10-21-2002, 03:24 PM
For the Equisim Program try:

Click here and go to the Equisim Page: (www.Thorotech.com)

MyHorse1

JimG
10-21-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Amazin
Pasco:

Went to the site"keypony" and they don' t seem to be selling the program only a service."Horsewire" link is a connection refused.

Amazin: They are using John's program at www.racingpicks.com It is the "gold" version. They are not selling the program, just the output of picks from it. Had John lived, I would have bought the program (I had just gotten a beta) out of respect for him if nothing else. I always enjoyed conversing with John on Prodigy.

Jim

Figman
10-21-2002, 07:45 PM
Amazin,
I actually bought my program from John Beaver. Not that I buy many programs, but I was intrigued with John Beaver's "look at life" and it appeared to me that the investment might be worthwhile. When I was thinking about buying the program I had also heard that John was quite ill. Not that it should have been a factor...but it was! Also, I can't program software a lick and the YEAST program gave me some readouts I valued and needed fast. The only thing I don't like is that you cannot remove the scratched horses from YEAST before you print.

pat
10-21-2002, 08:04 PM
hey figman how about sharing the beaves program since we r unable to purchase it

John
10-21-2002, 08:16 PM
PAT
Good idea......but I don't thinl so.