PDA

View Full Version : Democracy in Iraq?

Shacopate
09-25-2004, 02:55 AM
Can true democracy be achieved in the this country without separation of church and state?

Tom
09-25-2004, 11:17 AM
It is more the speration of brains and bodies that concern me.
Overall, the islamic world is full of first class kooks and nuts. They have major problems with society of any kind- some nerons must be messed up or something. Mass mental illness is all I can think of that would expalin it. Or demonic possession. All that direct sunlight is bad juju.
Add to that that many of them received their social training from the nazis in the 40's, it expalins why they have no concep[tion of freedom and cooperation amoung people. I fear they are long past salvation of any kind. Many "tribes" will need to be obliterated before any kind of peace can be achieved there. Social surgery, call it. Cut out the cancerous cells. Fallujha - needs to be removed - it is a tumor. No talking to it, just remove it, and the sooner the bettter.

JustRalph
09-25-2004, 12:34 PM
I don't think anybody expects it to be a Democracy like ours...(which really isn't..... I know, I Know) but just something closer to ours. A half ass democracy combined with a free economy will get done enough of what we need.................

Equineer
09-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Tom
It is more the speration of brains and bodies that concern me.
Overall, the islamic world is full of first class kooks and nuts. They have major problems with society of any kind- some nerons must be messed up or something. Mass mental illness is all I can think of that would expalin it. Or demonic possession. All that direct sunlight is bad juju.
Add to that that many of them received their social training from the nazis in the 40's, it expalins why they have no concep[tion of freedom and cooperation amoung people. I fear they are long past salvation of any kind. Many "tribes" will need to be obliterated before any kind of peace can be achieved there. Social surgery, call it. Cut out the cancerous cells. Fallujha - needs to be removed - it is a tumor. No talking to it, just remove it, and the sooner the bettter. I hope readers generously assume your post was a prank... literally taken, it is pure Neo-Nazi propaganda for another Final Solution holocaust!

46zilzal
09-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Let them figure it out

Oh forgot there is all that OIL...well the fat cats need to feed at the trough

hcap
09-25-2004, 04:27 PM
TomThey have major problems with society of any kind- some nerons must be messed up or something. Mass mental illness is all I can think of that would expalin it. Or demonic possession.Well, isn't that just ducky? I had no idea the "nerons" who obviously are the the decendents of the roman emperor Nero continue to live and breed in Iraq.

Maybe that is why Iraq is burning. Must be all them fiddles them thar Nerons are playing. Who can have democracy with all that fiddlin' around?

Anyway, this info is probably more to the point than accusing an entire poulation of gross "demonic possession." And as I have mentioned previously in response to Tom's "final solution" solutions, we got a hell of a lot of nukular megatonage left over from when real men were M.A.D., to eliminate all towlheads and their ilk!

Oh hell where is Slim Pickens when you need him?

"Emperor Nero Claudius Caesar couldn't have fiddled while Rome burned in A.D. 64 because the violin wasn't invented until the 1500s. What Nero really did while Rome burned is sing. The emperor, who had artistic ambitions, was apparently performing an old Greek scene for his friends.

The Concise Columbia Encyclopedia says that among Nero's last words were, "What an artist the world is losing in me!"

:cool:

Tom
09-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Must really suc to have your head THAT far up your arse, Hcap.
And EQ, play nice and ve vill spare you! Perhaps!:D

hcap
09-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Tom, I think your head is way up yonder in flightsuitboy's arse. Of course dickie cheney's head is a few inches ahead of yours.

Take a deep breath and smell the flowers. Ain't life grand.

:rolleyes:

Tom
09-25-2004, 08:59 PM
http://www.barbneal.com/wav/hillbill/congrats.wav

How did you ever manage a post of all your own words?
No links, no quotes, just you!
Amazing!

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/trektos/mccoy/mccoy09.wav

Equineer
09-25-2004, 11:54 PM
The latest spin in Washington circles, as suggested by Novak, is that there may be little difference between the real Bush and Kerry visions of the end game in Iraq:

Conduct elections in stable parts of Iraq in early 2005.

Winners run on platform that insists the U.S. withdraw all troops.

Declaring a victory for democracy, the U.S. agrees to swiftly comply with the mandate of the voters.

After we pull out, violence and unrest continue until a new oppressive regime triumphs.

In hindsight, all the geo-political analysts will remind us that they always said only an Iron Fist could keep Iraq united as a national entity.

Tom
09-26-2004, 12:05 AM
http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/foghorn/fogleg04.wav

kenwoodallpromos
09-26-2004, 02:55 AM
Seperation of (muslim)church and stupidity may help.

JustRalph
09-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Tom
http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/foghorn/fogleg04.wav
now that was a good one...............

Equineer
09-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Strange day on the cable newsfront as reporters followed up on Robert Novak's claim that the Pentagon has been ordered to complete detailed plans for a near-term pullout from Iraq.

Speaking for the Democrats, Ted Kennedy demands assurences that the U.S. will not corrupt democracy by improperly influencing the outcome of the Iraqi elections. Next, it is reported that administration "sources" vow that this is a done deal, dictated from the highest levels... the U.S. will not intervene overtly or covertly to corrupt the will of the Iraqi people. So, are both sides beginning to spin the "feel good all over" aspects of the plan?

Bottom line: in order to win at the polls, Iraqi candidates will have to embrace the populist demand that U.S. troops withdraw.

Next step: spun as a victory for democracy, the U.S. complies with the will of the Iraqi people and pulls out of Iraq.

During the debates, will Kerry or Bush admit to a "pull out" plan? We shall have to see.

My take: someone has figured out that our "tabled" reconstruction aid funds are the "plumbs" to ensure that whatever Iraqi regime finally suppresses civil disorder, it will be ready and eager to do business as usual in the Middle East... like the Saudi Royals, for instance... as neither a trustworthy friend nor an overt enemy.

Tom
09-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Seperation of (muslim)church and stupidity may help.

LOL!

ljb
09-27-2004, 11:36 AM
I heard Saddam has entered the race for prime minister of Iraq. I heard he is at 42 percent in the polls. Not as good and the 100 percent he had in last election but an impressive rating this early in race don't you think? ;)
Aside to Tom,
Your suggestion of ethnic cleansing has been tried before. I think it was Hitler and Milosovic, may have been others.

Secretariat
09-27-2004, 11:53 AM
The documents drawn up by the Iraqi National Congress already make Islam the national religion.

Tom
09-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by ljb
I heard Saddam has entered the race for prime minister of Iraq. I heard he is at 42 percent in the polls. Not as good and the 100 percent he had in last election but an impressive rating this early in race don't you think? ;)
Aside to Tom,
Your suggestion of ethnic cleansing has been tried before. I think it was Hitler and Milosovic, may have been others.

First off, you annoying little puke, I never said ethnic cleansing. Your attempts to put words in my mouth underline your inherent character flaws. I said that pockets would have to be obliterated. Fallujha, idiot-boy, is what I was talking about. And the other pockets of resistence the Allawi(sp?) was talking about in his afddress the other day. The mosques that double as weapons armeries but are too hol to attack. Wherver the fire is coming from should be obliterated, no questions asked. That is how we won WWII, or are you revising that history as well.
So take you aside and in the word of you beloved candidates sole means of support, SHOVE IT!

Q? How would you make Kerry look really intelligent in the upcoming debate?
A! - Have Ljb stand next to him.

Equineer
09-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Tom,
I said that pockets would have to be obliterated.Actually, you said,Many "tribes" will need to be obliterated before any kind of peace can be achieved there.When you enclosed tribes in quotation marks, a Gypsy or Jewish reader knows that you mean ethnic cleansing. In this case, you seem to mean tribes other than Gypsies and the Twelve Tribes of Jacob... the non-Jewish tribes in the Middle East. However, ever since Hitler launched life-or-death examinations of tribal bloodlines to identify candidates for his Final Solution, your kind of language is offensive outside the confines of Neo-Nazi clubhouses.

ljb
09-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Oh Tom, you are failing and are again letting me down I have always had the thought that you would someday arrive at your senses but alas .
From Tom
Many "tribes" will need to be obliterated
And more from Tom
"First off, you annoying little puke, I never said ethnic cleansing. "
Now you are disputing your own words. Perhaps you will next vote to ban your self?
:D :D :D
Oh and the name calling continues to affirm my beliefs that you have no answers.

Tom
09-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Equineer
Tom,
Actually, you said,When you enclosed tribes in quotation marks, a Gypsy or Jewish reader knows that you mean ethnic cleansing. In this case, you seem to mean tribes other than Gypsies and the Twelve Tribes of Jacob... the non-Jewish tribes in the Middle East. However, ever since Hitler launched life-or-death examinations of tribal bloodlines to identify candidates for his Final Solution, your kind of language is offensive outside the confines of Neo-Nazi clubhouses.

You have your head further up YOUR ass than Hcap does.
I am not a gypsy or a Jewish reader. What you think I mean is just that - what YOU think it means. Unlike You, Katscratch, I don't beat around the bush-I say what I mean. And call them pockets or tribes, I don't really give a ship, the day the first shot was fired at us, we should have taken out the entire city.
Allawi himself has said that there are three pockets of resistence and that the rest of Iraq was faily quiet. But the media ignores that and is mesmerized with body counts.
If you are offended by my words, then good. Anyone who knows me knows what I am talking about. Your inability to listen to anything but your own wild fantasies is your problem, not mine.
Next time you think I seem to mean somenting, remember this...you don't know squat.

Tom
09-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Oh Tom, you are failing and are again letting me down I have always had the thought that you would someday arrive at your senses but alas .
From Tom
Many "tribes" will need to be obliterated
And more from Tom
"First off, you annoying little puke, I never said ethnic cleansing. "
Now you are disputing your own words. Perhaps you will next vote to ban your self?
:D :D :D
Oh and the name calling continues to affirm my beliefs that you have no answers.

Yes...many "tribes" will have to be obliterated. I stand by that statment. You cannoty negotiate with terrorists. You have to kill them. period. Falluhja should heve been level long ago, same for every sinlge mosque that has weapons inside of it.
You don't like the word tribe, then give me a better one.
And in another thread, I have opened the floor for YOU to shed your great wisdom upon us all....please, priovide us who know not of what we post the real answers. What is YOUR answer?