PDA

View Full Version : A look at the NFL Week 3

betchatoo
09-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Last week I got off to an amazing 0-3 start, but I won't let that slow me down (thank God I've had a good start in the colleges).

My intrepid opinions for this week

Baltimore -2.5 over Cinci
Carson Palmer looks like he may end up being a good one, but he has yet to see a defense with the speed and ferocity of the Ravens. By the time this one's over he may contemplate returning to school for his masters

Vikings -9 over Chicago
The Bears couldn't cover Randy Moss when their defensive backfield was healthy. Now they are missing their top 3 defensive backs. Add loss of their defensive leader (Mike Brown) to a natural letdown following a big win over Green Bay, and this one could get ugly

Tampa +3.5 over Oakland
Chucky gets a rabid look in his eyes whenever he talks about his old team. His defense today will remind people why they thought Gannon was getting too old

I'd like to add Green Bay over Indy to the list since I expect Farve to atone for last weeks play but the Pack has a lousy record playing indoors so I guess I'll pass.

SAL
09-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Oakland -3.5 over Tampa Bay- Bucs are horrible on offense this year. The Raiders should be able to control the line of scrimmage defensively with a very strong DL (including a very motivated Warren Sapp) against an OL that has 4 new starters this year. Yes, Gannon has had his problems, but I can't see the Bucs putting up very many points here, so the Raiders are the play.

Cleveland +3 over NY Giants-Cleveland is 8-1 ATS vs .500 or worse opponents, and the Giants are 1-5 ATS at home against AFC opponents. The Giants are not impressing me, especially after forcing 7 turnovers against Washington and only managing to win by 6 points. Looking for the Browns to rebound here and win this one outright.

Indianapolis -6 over Green Bay-The Packers are not a good dome team (4-15 ATS). The Colts should be able to run on Green Bay, especially with GB's nose tackle out. Colts ran the ball well against both NE and Tennessee, two traditionally strong defenses against the run. Packers will have Mike McKenzie back, but he may need a game or two to catch up. I'm looking for the Colts to cover this number easily.

Bubbles
09-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Just one this week...

Pittsburgh +1 over Miami

Can't believe Miami's favored here. They have zero offense after Ricky Williams's retirement, compared to the array of solid offensive weapons of the Steelers. The Dolphin defense is solid, but they'll need at least two defensive touchdowns to stay in this one, which won't happen. Pittsburgh wins outright.