PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Gabby

sammy the sage
01-25-2019, 08:23 AM
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/231711/tvg-adds-gabby-gaudet-to-broadcast-team

A major upgrade...both for tvg & Gabby herself...she's come a long ways from Arlington...(I told her to get outta there when she could)...:ThmbUp:

She has posted here a few times...back in the day...hopefully she still visits from time to time...???....if so...way to go...:ThmbUp:

Tom
01-25-2019, 09:29 AM
Hear hear!

She is a breath of fresh air for the game.
Knows her stuff, does a good interview, not an air head like many of her new fellow employees.......:rolleyes:

She is one of the few I listen to pre race.
Her and Caton.

Glad she got a good break for full time employment.

the little guy
01-25-2019, 09:57 AM
She has posted here a few times...back in the day...hopefully she still visits from time to time...???....if so...way to go...:ThmbUp:

I would love to bet someone that this has never happened.

jahura2
01-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Gabby definitely improves TVG,s overall product. However I will miss her ability to soften up Andy. He is a teddy bear around her!

JustRalph
01-25-2019, 10:34 AM
I would love to bet someone that this has never happened.

Only the shadow knows.........:lol:

the little guy
01-25-2019, 10:56 AM
Only the shadow knows.........:lol:

...and Sammy the Sage:-)

bello
01-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Agree, Great for Gabby and Great for TVG.

The only time I actually view TLG is when he sits near Gabby.

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2019, 11:22 AM
The only time I actually view TLG is when he sits near Gabby.But you obsess on him full time in your head. :pound:

Pigpen
01-25-2019, 11:37 AM
A true professional that knows her stuff on the subject.

olddaddy
01-25-2019, 12:48 PM
Shes good but I dont like analysts that are directly attached to trainers.

ultracapper
01-25-2019, 01:01 PM
There is an analyst at Santa Anita that is married to trainer Tim Yakteen. Last week she analized a race he had an entry in, and she was very forthright discussing the horse. She said her husband was excited about the horse, stated why he liked the horse, and then stated right out for everybody to hear that the horse really wasn't pointed for today's race as the conditions weren't what Yakteen would ultimately expect the horse to be most effective at. Anybody that knows an ounce about handicapping heard her say, almost as clearly as possible, TOSS.

olddaddy
01-25-2019, 01:20 PM
There is an analyst at Santa Anita that is married to trainer Tim Yakteen. Last week she analized a race he had an entry in, and she was very forthright discussing the horse. She said her husband was excited about the horse, stated why he liked the horse, and then stated right out for everybody to hear that the horse really wasn't pointed for today's race as the conditions weren't what Yakteen would ultimately expect the horse to be most effective at. Anybody that knows an ounce about handicapping heard her say, almost as clearly as possible, TOSS.

Thats refreshing to hear as long as the horse didnt win.

Couple of weeks ago I was watching racing from Dubai, Jamie osborne the trainer was interviewed before the race he had a horse in, he said no way no chance, the horse wins, they show him after the race laughing like a hyena.

I just would rather hear someone that doesnt have a direct interest in a horse so I dont have to figure out if what they say or dont say is really what they know.

Big Peps
01-25-2019, 01:44 PM

Is there a female TVG or NYRA analyst other than Candice Hare that isn't? I think they all do a good job FWIW.

ultracapper
01-25-2019, 01:59 PM
Thats refreshing to hear as long as the horse didnt win.

Couple of weeks ago I was watching racing from Dubai, Jamie osborne the trainer was interviewed before the race he had a horse in, he said no way no chance, the horse wins, they show him after the race laughing like a hyena.

I just would rather hear someone that doesnt have a direct interest in a horse so I dont have to figure out if what they say or dont say is really what they know.

If he was adamant that the horse had no shot, that's just BS. A lot of trainers hedge one way or the other, and they can be as surprised as anybody, but, like in the case of Yakteen's wife, the two most prominent things were the horse isn't pointed for today, meaning to me anyway, that the horse is in the process of getting fully cranked for a top effort down the road, and this distance/surface/class level isn't what Yakteen will be looking for when the horse is given the full blown go. In this case, I would have been a bit peeved if the horse would have won. Again, these horses can surprise even the people closest to them, but in this particular case, she really didn't hedge herself in anyway. She basically said lets watch this one.

castaway01
01-25-2019, 02:08 PM

Is there an NFL color commentator that didn't play for or coach an NFL team? It's pretty standard in any sport to have connections in the industry.

Congrats to Gabby, she's excellent and is a great hire for TVG.

ubercapper
01-25-2019, 03:58 PM

Christina Blacker is married to trainer Dan Blacker. The occasions she's been on when he has a horse running, she is very objective of the horse's chances and very sincere in discussing the horse.

jimmyb
01-25-2019, 04:43 PM
Congratulations to my favorite analyst. She is always prepared, professional, and knows her stuff.

sammy the sage
01-25-2019, 07:19 PM
...and Sammy the Sage:-)

Well...you know her personally I do believe....ssss000000....all you got's to do is ask her.....

1st...did she ever post at pace advantage?

2nd....did any poster's at pace advantage give her some grief about the problems at Arliington?...even a pm or two

and finally...did said poster say she was doing great but THAT Arlington sucked and she should and would get better career opportunities...

Then you can publicly apologize or not...whatever....

If you want to bet...my money will be the pools for late p/4 at GS tomorrow...you can take it then....:D

the little guy
01-25-2019, 08:54 PM
Well...you know her personally I do believe....ssss000000....all you got's to do is ask her.....

1st...did she ever post at pace advantage?

2nd....did any poster's at pace advantage give her some grief about the problems at Arliington?...even a pm or two

and finally...did said poster say she was doing great but THAT Arlington sucked and she should and would get better career opportunities...

Then you can publicly apologize or not...whatever....

If you want to bet...my money will be the pools for late p/4 at GS tomorrow...you can take it then....:D

Yes, I know her well. That's why I know she never posted here.

Everyone wants to be in any and all betting pools with you. Swimming pools? Probably not.

sammy the sage
01-25-2019, 10:21 PM
Yes, I know her well. That's why I know she never posted here.

Everyone wants to be in any and all betting pools with you. Swimming pools? Probably not.

Well TLG...you were right and I'm dyslexic and stated the wrong person...it was Jessica Pacheco...who posted here and I wished her a better career...both were from Arlington...

That said...still...congrats to Gabby all the same...

As far as swimming pools....well....you'll never see me in a swimming pool with you and the NY jocks...

Good luck tomorrrow...:popcorn:

Suff
01-26-2019, 12:31 AM
Whats the money? :lol: Hopefully its good. It doesn't say what she will be doing after Gulfstream.? I thought she was TVG full time already.

Her base is the tent directly adjacent to where the horses come on track.

I rail lean there.

I see her taking notes in the paddock, interviews, live to studio,circling around all day working hard in the paddock, walking ring, track-side. Its a real job

Suff
01-26-2019, 12:35 AM
She always looks good too.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-26-2019, 12:41 PM
Gabby is an amazing addition for TVG.

I like everything about this move. :headbanger:

Redboard
01-28-2019, 10:19 AM
Gabby definitely improves TVG,s overall product. However I will miss her ability to soften up Andy. He is a teddy bear around her!

No. Pairing him with Marie Osmond wouldn't make him more likeable.

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2019, 02:48 PM
Hey Redboard. Explain.

How is Andy unlikable? I watch him. Seems as likable as any other on-air horse racing "expert."

I mean, I know nobody can beat some of the other talked about guys on here in terms of mega-personalities, but seriously, what is it about Andy that rubs you the wrong way?

He always seems to have a smile on his face during multiple portions of the broadcast...he seems interested in what his co-hosts have to say...I really don't get it...maybe you can explain it to me?

dilanesp
02-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Hey Redboard. Explain.

How is Andy unlikable? I watch him. Seems as likable as any other on-air horse racing "expert."

I mean, I know nobody can beat some of the other talked about guys on here in terms of mega-personalities, but seriously, what is it about Andy that rubs you the wrong way?

He always seems to have a smile on his face during multiple portions of the broadcast...he seems interested in what his co-hosts have to say...I really don't get it...maybe you can explain it to me?

Andy Serling is as good a television racing analyst as anyone out there. We have clashed here on plenty of things, but he is incredibly good at his job.

mountainman
02-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Likable??? Don't confuse in house analysis with the Tonight Show. Although my own rep certainly falls (well) short of Serling's, I think it's fair to say I've made a modest name for myself in the industry and am respected as a racing analyst.

And the one thing I would bet BIG money on is that a natural edginess and candor have served my career far, far better than the likability I completely lack EVER could have. I am what I am.

Do not underrate authenticity and individualism as attributes in our profession. And were I among the apparent legion of Serling followers, you can bet the LAST thing I would want is for ANYBODY to "soften him up."

Rating a Serling on the warmth of his demeanor is like saying the Yankees should assess free agents on the basis of sportsmanship.

Please bear in mind that I could be mistaken, or at least under-qualified to opine, because I rarely watch other analysts.

Tom
02-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Andy is a real-life good guy.
He is a very nice guy to talk to and genuinely interested in who he is talking to.

He came to the PA tent at TOGA several times, and always well received by the group.

He is good for racing, and good for, hell life!:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2019, 11:48 AM
The one person Andy didn't stop and talk to at Saratoga while he was running to his on-air broadcast will spend an eternity bad-mouthing him on the internet.

The reality is, he goes above and beyond for customers whenever he is able.

dilanesp
02-05-2019, 12:07 PM
The one person Andy didn't stop and talk to at Saratoga while he was running to his on-air broadcast will spend an eternity bad-mouthing him on the internet.

The reality is, he goes above and beyond for customers whenever he is able.

Also, public handicapping is incredibly difficult. Just compare whst Serling gives you on the NYRA feed to most of what you see on TVG. He puts a lot of work into it and gives out a ton of information, rather than just "here's my pick 4 ticket" and a little bubbly talk about how I like the 2 and the 8 here.

linrom1
02-05-2019, 12:58 PM
I never understood why anybody would like Gaby. I had always found her to be bubbly, silly air head. She tended to pick hopeless long shots that were overlays.

On the other hand, Acacia Courteny always seemed like voice of reason, who would give logical contenders when the two were paired up at GP.

Picking winners is hard, but public handicappers, are impediment to the sport. They generally give out favorites, yet as a group they can hardly even match favorites' win percentage. Their only purpose is to give public false confidence in betting,

The sport would be better off without them

dilanesp
02-05-2019, 03:09 PM
I never understood why anybody would like Gaby. I had always found her to be bubbly, silly air head. She tended to pick hopeless long shots that were overlays.

On the other hand, Acacia Courteny always seemed like voice of reason, who would give logical contenders when the two were paired up at GP.

Picking winners is hard, but public handicappers, are impediment to the sport. They generally give out favorites, yet as a group they can hardly even match favorites' win percentage. Their only purpose is to give public false confidence in betting,

I am going to say something extreme, but which I believe:

The sport would die without public handicappers.

the little guy
02-05-2019, 03:44 PM

Frankly, this is a compliment to Gabby ( yes, it has two Bs ) as you aren't even the proverbial broken clock. However, to describe her as a "bubbly, silly air head" isn't even insulting to anyone but you, as it insinuates you have never even watched her. You might hate her picks, or whatever, but your description of her could not be farther from the truth.

Gabby doesn't need my defense, especially from the likes of you, but she is one of the best people I was ever fortunate enough to have worked with, in racing or anywhere, and your "opinion" has no basis whatsoever in fact.

cj
02-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Frankly, this is a compliment to Gabby ( yes, it has two Bs ) as you aren't even the proverbial broken clock. However, to describe her as a "bubbly, silly air head" isn't even insulting to anyone but you, as it insinuates you have never even watched her. You might hate her picks, or whatever, but your description of her could not be farther from the truth.

Gabby doesn't need my defense, especially from the likes of you, but she is one of the best people I was ever fortunate enough to have worked with, in racing or anywhere, and your "opinion" has no basis whatsoever in fact.

I'm sure she'll defend herself when she gets around to checking back in here! :) Sorry, couldn't help it.

His post wasn't even worthy of a reply, but you made it a worthwhile venture anyway.

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2019, 04:17 PM

Gabby doesn't need my defense, especially from the likes of you, but she is one of the best people I was ever fortunate enough to have worked with, in racing or anywhere, and your "opinion" has no basis whatsoever in fact.I've had interactions with her as well and I agree with you 100%.

Linrom doesn't contribute often, thankfully.

JustRalph
02-05-2019, 05:31 PM

Christ! You gotta be one sad SOB.

She’s a beautiful young woman in a sport dominated by men and most of those men are old school hard asses. Yet she is apparently flourishing.

That’s no easy task.......

I found your pic online

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2019, 05:39 PM
^^^ this

parlay
02-05-2019, 06:21 PM

She is excellent. I can't see how anyone who actually has listened to here would make the statement you did.

DeltaLover
02-05-2019, 07:02 PM
I pay absolutely no attention to racing analysts or journalists. Since they depend on the game organizers for employment and maintain very close relationships with many of the insiders it makes perfect sense that they never raise their voice to criticize the the shortcomings of the game.

Instead of exposing things like fraud, inefficient jockey efforts, favorites that show up in terrible condition, bad betting cards, super trainers etc these “pro analysts (!)” are always quick to forget and move on, with their sole objective to convince the betting crowd that the next race worth a try.

elhelmete
02-05-2019, 07:05 PM
A panel of Gabby, Acacia, Caton, and dare I say Dawn Lupul would be fantastic. I enjoy and appreciate every bit of their discourse.

the little guy
02-05-2019, 07:07 PM
I pay absolutely no attention to racing analysts or journalists. Since they depend on the game organizers for employment and maintain very close relationships with many of the insiders it makes perfect sense that they never raise their voice to criticize the the shortcomings of the game.

Instead of exposing things like fraud, inefficient jockey efforts, favorites that show up in terrible condition, bad betting cards, super trainers etc these “pro analysts (!)” are always quick to forget and move on, with their sole objective to convince the betting crowd that the next race worth a try.

How would you know what they do, or don't do, given that you ( apparently ) "pay absolutely no attention" to any of them.

It's a rhetorical question.

dkbigsky
02-05-2019, 07:32 PM
I really enjoy Gabby. I hardly ever get to the track, I watch on TV. Gabby is honest and tells you if a horse looks good in the paddock or washed out. I think she is the best analyst on TV.

dilanesp
02-05-2019, 09:20 PM

1. Lots of public handicappers DO write about those things. Andy Beyer spent half his career doing so.

2. You don't understand the importance of public handicappers.

All betting pools depend on attracting casual players willing to lose a bit of money to get their gamble on.

Now the lottery or slot machines don't have to do anything to attract them. But other forms of gambling do. The televised poker boom, with tons of shallow, superficial analysis that didn't delve into the darker sides of poker (and there are many), convinced many new players to try it.

Sports betting is helped by all the analysts picking point spreads and fantasy teams, even if the advice is pedestrian.

And horse racing has public handicappers, who educate the public on the basics of handicapping and betting.

castaway01
02-06-2019, 08:43 AM
I was originally going to say that Gabby is very well spoken, but I thought that was self-explanatory. Then you read a post like Linrom's and realize you might have to say it anyway. So I'll say that I think she's very well spoken and polished, and she also knows her horses. She can fill either the host or color analyst role, and that's pretty rare in sports broadcasting (especially for someone so young). May she continue to be successful for many years to come.

Tom
02-06-2019, 09:02 AM
How would you know what they do, or don't do, given that you ( apparently ) "pay absolutely no attention" to any of them.

It's a rhetorical question.

He must have missed his own signature! :lol:

whereof one cannot speak thereof one must be silent

the little guy
02-06-2019, 09:35 AM
He must have missed his own signature! :lol:

That's hilarious.

Pigpen
02-06-2019, 09:36 AM
Some of my best recent memories watching Saratoga would be Gabby and TLG on talking horses and the tractor keeps driving by. I always look for that thing.

bello
02-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Some of my best recent memories watching Saratoga would be Gabby and TLG on talking horses and the tractor keeps driving by. I always look for that thing.

You look for the trailer instead of looking at Gabby ( or even TLG for that matter).

In the words of fellow Queens icon, Archie Bunker...." Are you some kind of prevert?"

Waquoit
02-06-2019, 10:50 AM
I am going to say something extreme, but which I believe:

The sport would die without public handicappers.

I think that's a good point. Having said that I don't listen to them anymore. I don't like hearing that I'm an fool if I pick a certain horse. The turning point was this summer when the paddock expert described my single in the upcoming race as "practically emaciated." What are you supposed to do with that observation? Luckily I ignored it and the horse won by the length of the track.