PDA

View Full Version : CBS News/Kerry campaign

lsbets
09-22-2004, 09:54 AM
It certainly seems like senior members of the Kerry campaign aided and abetted the use of forged documents to try and discredit President Bush and swing the election to Kerry. Not being an attorney or prosectutor, I do not know if this rises to the level of criminal activity, but from a moral standpoint, I would say this type of collusion rises to at least the level of the Watergate break in (notice I said break in, not cover up). I wonder if Lockhart, Rather, CBS, Burkett could be held civilly liable for their actions? To me, this is an absolute disgrace, and the high and mighty road many have tried to take in opposing Bush has just gone completely out the window.

Lets assume that Kerry himself had no knowledge of the forged memos and the CBS News/Lockhart collusion. He does now and he has not fired the top advisors in his campaign who were clearly involved. This is not like a campaign volunuteer being involved with the swift vets - who forged nothing and presented their recollections of events. This is a top paid advisor being involved in forgery and deliberate deception. And he has not been fired from the campaign! Is this the type of accountability that Kerry would bring to the White House?

This whole situation is a total, complete disgrace. Based on what we have seen so far, the more info that comes out, the worse it looks for the Kerry camp. In my lifetime, I cannot recall a more disgraceful tactic than the one they just used. The argument of "well the memos are fake, but what about the content" is total garbage. The fact is, CBS News deliberatly presented false evidence to the American people to try and influence the outcome of an election, and consulted with senior advisors to the Kerry campaign before doing so.

Lockhart must be fired and Kerry must address the nation and apologize for the actions of those who represent him.

JustMissed
09-22-2004, 10:45 AM
There will be more to come out.

You probably didn't see them but the Dems started running anti-Bush aids depeciting Bush as getting special treatment in his guard days. I think the ads were titled "Favored Son" or something like that.

They ran the same time as 60 Minutes II with Dan Rather piece which showed the forged docs and basically mirrored the program.

You got to know that whole effort was coordinated between cBS and Kerry.

As soon as John Ashcroft puts the cuffs on the forger and that lady producer gets sacked, they'll start singing like canaries.

JM

kenwoodallpromos
09-22-2004, 02:26 PM
15 Sep 2004

DNC Unveils New Video at Launch of Operation: Fortunate Son

OFS Includes More Than 30 Events in 21 States

Washington, DC - Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Terry McAuliffe formally launched Operation Fortunate Son today unveiling a new DNC video which will be on the DNC website and will be shown in battleground states. McAuliffe also announced that veterans would be taking part in more than 30 Operation Fortunate Son events in 21 states this week calling on George W. Bush to answer specific questions about his National Guard service.

Tom
09-22-2004, 09:34 PM
They are throwing in the towel. They have 6 weeks to go and NOTHING left but an idiot candidate.

JustRalph
09-22-2004, 10:47 PM
a picture worth a thousand...........

http://www.homehorseplayer.com/simple_picture.jpg

JustRalph
09-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Kerry on the issues

JustRalph
09-22-2004, 11:59 PM
microsoft help

ElKabong
09-23-2004, 02:04 AM
I am not a crook.....

ElKabong
09-23-2004, 02:05 AM

ElKabong
09-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Hi, I'm "the unimpeachable source" whose tried to hang GWB on this tired ANG issue for 5 years. I finally found a sucker to bite; Mary Mapes. Her reward? I'm sueing her ass off! Serves her right for believing me, that liberal feminist wench.

So what if I screwed Kerry out of a shot at winning? I have my shot at a payday. I lost out a coupla years ago when my lawsuit against 3 individuals blew up in my face. My lawyer Van Os says it's Litigation Lotto time, baybee!

Wish me and OJ luck. I'm helping him on finding Nicole's real killers and he's helping me find Lucy Ramirez. Go Dems!

fmazur
09-23-2004, 03:11 PM
ELK and JustRalph

Thanks for these images. I enjoyed them and am emailing them to friends of mine.

Secretariat
09-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry, I am out of town on a consulting job with little time and access to the computer.

Will be back home later in october. LBJ, keep posting the good stuff. Excellent material on the intelleigence Evaluation by Lugar and Hagel. Why does Bush keep going to the UN...he is totally discredited there...no one is going to beleive him or give this guy money or troops...he's wasting his time...at least with Kerry there is an opening.

As to the CBS thing, well I guess i owe elk an apology...I am surprised the main source was Burkett. Bad reporting, but I'll still stack up Rather's journalistic record against that of FOX News anyday. I am still not sure why they keep saying the docs are forgeries. It has only been reported that the docs "could not be authenticated", AND Mrs. Knox stated quite emphatically that while she did not type the docs, the CONTENT of the docs was like other things she had typed for Killian. So the issue of the content is still out there unless Elk wants to continue attacking an octogenerian. As to the Kerry link...the answer is simple...prove it or get off the pot...otherwise it's partisan hearsay.

Looking forward to the debate on the 30th. Will still be hee in minnesota, but I have demanded that I get off the evening of the 30th to watch that. Should be fun on the board after that.

I know you guys are all missing me (especially JR, Tom and Lefty), and I'll try to get back more mid October.

Best to you all.

ElKabong
09-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Hi guys,

As to the Kerry link...the answer is simple...prove it or get off the pot...otherwise it's partisan hearsay.

Hmm, where have I heard this from you before??? OH YES, it was about Burkett, hehehe.

Where abouts in Minn will you be? I'll be up there at the exact same time frame as you mentioned. How convenient, we'll get to meet!!

Tom
09-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey, Sec, see you in October.
BTW, is it a coincidence that Cat Stevens gets deported and YOU disappear too???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tom
09-23-2004, 10:33 PM
(sing)...No more reherseing, and nursing our parts,
We know every part by heart!
It's time for the show, this is it!

Tom
09-23-2004, 10:38 PM
http://www.barbneal.com/wav/addams/groan.wav

What he said to the cops......

ElKabong
09-24-2004, 03:07 AM
Since Sec posted in this thread, he might see this & respond (all are certainly welcome as well !).

We'd taked about Chris Matthews and his Hardball program, about how he'd come onto any and all things swiftvets as an ass. He'd not read the book priior to interviews, was rude to O'neill and Malkin, and was his usual abrasive self.

Anyone catch O'neill tonite on Hardball? Matthews actually was low key. Let O'Neill speak without interruptions, was even somewhat understanding of O'Neill's claims and seemed to possibly agree on a few things.

Anyone wanna guess what the hell happened to Chris? Did he read the book and figure out for himself (as most have) that the book is factually correct? Did he see what happened to Rather and figure it's time to be fair to both sides and participants of the swifts issue or he'll be Ratherized by the public? Does he think Kerry has zero shot at the White House, thus his shot at being a writer for Kerry's administration has gone away and he's gonna be middle of the road now? Is he being fair all of a sudden b/c FOX is kicking his ass in ratings?

Not sure why Matthews straightened out. Maybe Zell showed him the business end of a pistol during a duel, and suddenly found 'Conservative Religion', hehe...

I haven't seen Matthews in a month or so (since his blowups with Malkin and O'neill). It's an improvement over what I'd seen..

ElKabong
09-24-2004, 03:43 AM

so.cal.fan
09-24-2004, 10:59 AM
I saw Hardball last night, ElK.
I had the same impression you did.
O'Neill mentioned Chris's old boss Tip O'Neill and how he NEVER made derogatory remarks about our soldiers in Viet-Nam. NEVER.
Chris probably did read the book, and realized that all these men must have had some valid reasons to be at the least very angry at John Kerry's betrayal of them after the war.

Secretariat
09-24-2004, 11:23 AM
http://www.legitgov.org/essay_eastman_bush_fear_of_flying_in_guard_092304. html

JustMissed
09-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Secretariat, Would you do us a favor?

Please snip and post the headline and a paragraph or two of the article you refer to and then post the link should anyone what to read in full.

Most of your links are absolutely worthless and the readers should be given a hint before they waste their time.
Thanks,

JM

JustRalph
09-24-2004, 11:59 AM

this article is so full of crap it is almost funny. You don't get 300 hours into flying a fighter and "suddenly" you can't cut it. I notice all the sources for these attacks are dead.............this stuff is just absolute evidence that the Dems are struggling.........it is laughable.........

ElKabong
09-24-2004, 01:28 PM

Sec,

This man is voting for Kerry. Nervous breakdowns and all.

JustRalph
09-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Ok........what do you think this means? Is there a U.S. Attorney somewhere, looking into this?

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005669

From the Wall street journal
Guess Who's a GOP Booster?
The CEO of CBS's parent company endorses President Bush.

Friday, September 24, 2004 12:01 a.m. EDT

From The Asian Wall Street Journal

With the scandal at CBS still festering, questions are being raised about whether a felony was committed when the network broadcast apparently forged memos in an attempt to discredit George W. Bush. Yesterday, the chairman of CBS's parent company chose Hong Kong as a place to drop a little bomb. Sumner Redstone, who calls himself a "liberal Democrat," said he's supporting President Bush.

ElKabong
09-25-2004, 03:45 AM
lean in...a lil more....

JustRalph
09-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Danny Boy

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/102662.jpg

Secretariat
09-29-2004, 11:04 AM
http://www.thisispembrokeshire.net/pembrokeshire/news/NEWS10.html

JustRalph
09-29-2004, 01:24 PM
http://www.thisispembrokeshire.net/pembrokeshire/news/NEWS10.html

yep.........this story fits your agenda.........that guy was being bullied by another soldier? so he killed himself? I have a feeling that guy would have done it for some other reason.....