PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP IN EXCEL

porkchop
01-20-2019, 12:29 PM
Is it possible to write a program using excel and have it compatible with BRIS data files downloads

headhawg
01-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Yes. Many people use Excel for just that. Look in the Handifast section for the AllData program as an example. There's also a thread about Pro Handicap Wizard that you can read, but I am not endorsing that in any way, shape, or form. To get the most out of Excel you are going to need to learn VBA.

porkchop
01-20-2019, 01:35 PM
ok thanks

mikesal57
01-20-2019, 11:34 PM
Yes. Many people use Excel for just that. Look in the Handifast section for the AllData program as an example. There's also a thread about Pro Handicap Wizard that you can read, but I am not endorsing that in any way, shape, or form. To get the most out of Excel you are going to need to learn VBA.

ALLDATA has got me to learn Excel, not for just Horse Racing but for life stuff too...
It can incorporate data from Bris & JCapper and you can take it from there and do whatever you want.....
As to leaning VBA....whenever I have/had a problem...the guys over at MrExcel.com are more than willing to give you help and write you some code..

Mike