PDA

View Full Version : Need books by Pizzolla?

Jeevan
09-22-2004, 12:43 AM
Does anyone have a copy of " Pace Makes The Race " and/or "Handicapping Magic" that they are willing to sell?

midnight
09-22-2004, 01:25 PM
If you haven't already, you might want to check Amazon.

First_Place
09-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Or you can buy the book directly from Michael:

http://www.handicappingmagic.com/

As far as Pace Makes the Race is concerned, you can get it from PA's very own Dick Schmidt. However, his updated book no longer contains Michael's contribution as in the original version which leads me to ask: what topic did Michael's chapter cover and why was it omitted from the revised edition? Hmmm, Mr. Schmidt?

FP

Lefty
09-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Pizzolla's chapter in orig. Pace Makes The Race covered the fulcrum, how to figure it and apply it.

Dick Schmidt
09-23-2004, 05:58 PM
First Place:

The original hard cover version of "Pace Makes the Race" was essentially finished and in galleys when Michael convinced Howard Sartin to let him add to it. His primary contribution to the book was indeed the fulcrum concept.

For the second edition, Tom Hambleton and I did a very complete workout of the fulcrum concept, looking at over 500 races (remember, we were working by hand). In the end, we decided that it just didn't add any power to TPR and doubled the amount of time it took to work a race. Therefore, we left it out of the second edition of PMTR.

If you are intrigued by the fulcrum concept, I would advise reading Michael's later book, as I understand he has more fully developed it. The fulcrum as described several years earlier in PMTR doesn't really seem to add much to the bottom line.

Dick

Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.

First_Place
09-23-2004, 08:19 PM
I appreciate you filling me (us) in. I have Michael's book as well as yours. Both have advanced my game considerably.

Thanks.

FP