PDA

View Full Version : Just the facts!

ljb
09-21-2004, 07:22 PM
The war in Iraq is President Bush's signature failure. To reduce the damage the war has caused him, Bush and his campaign operatives have spent the last six months attacking and distorting John Kerry's position on Iraq.

chickenhead
09-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Nov 12, 1997: In response to a question about unanimity over a U.N. resolution, kerry responded: where's the backbone of Russia, where's the backbone of France, where are they in expressing their condemnation of such clearly illegal activity, but in a sense, they're now climbing into a box and they will have enormous difficulty not following up on this if there is not compliance by Iraq....It was disappointing a month ago not to have the French and the Russians understanding that they shouldn't give any signals of weakening on the sanctions and I think those signals would have helped bring about this crisis because they permitted Saddam Hussein to interpret that maybe the moment was right for him to make this challenge.

Feb 23, 1998: "Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicity and secrecy, to continue to do so. That is a threat to the stability of the Middle East. It is a threat with respect to the potential of terrorist activities on a global basis. It is a threat even to regions near but not exactly in the Middle East." The Disgrace of John Kerry by Kevin Willmann Saturday, April 05, 2003

Oct 9, 1998: "We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others.

Oct 10, 1998: "We know from our largely unsuccessful attempts to enlist the cooperation of other nations, especially industrialized trading nations, in efforts to impose and enforce somewhat more ambitious standards on nations such as Iran, China, Burma and Syria, that the willingness of most other nations — including a number who are joined in the sanctions to isolate Iraq — is neither wide nor deep to join in imposing sanctions on a sovereign nation to spur it to `clean up its act' and comport its actions with accepted international norms." Senate Floor Speech

Sep 6, 2002: "If Saddam Hussein is unwilling to bend to the international community's already existing order, then he will have invited enforcement, even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act." Op-Ed, "We Still Have A Choice On Iraq," The New York Times

Oct 9, 2002: "I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." Senate Speech

Oct 9, 2002: "The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation."

Oct 9, 2002: The Iraqi regime's record over the decade leaves little doubt that Saddam Hussein wants to retain his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and to expand it to include nuclear weapons. We cannot allow him to prevail in that quest.

Oct 9, 2002: "Regime change has been an American policy under the Clinton administration, and it is the current policy. I support the policy. But regime change in and of itself is not sufficient justification for going to war--particularly unilaterally--unless regime change is the only way to disarm Iraq of the weapons of mass destruction pursuant to the United Nations resolution." Speech on senate floor

Jan 23, 2003: "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

Sep 14, 2003: “I don’t think anyone in the Congress is going to not give our troops ammunition, not give our troops the ability to be able to defend themselves. We’re not going to cut and run and not do the job.” (CBS’ “Face The Nation,”)

Sep 14, 2003: “I don’t think any United States senator is going to abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to – to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running. That’s irresponsible. What is responsible is for the administration to do this properly now.” (CBS’ “Face The Nation,”)

Dec 2, 2003: Did I expect George Bush to fuck it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did.

Dec 15, 2003: "Iraq may not be the war on terror itself, but it is critical to the outcome of the war on terror, and therefore any advance in Iraq is an advance forward in that..."

Jan 30, 2004: "I think there has been an exaggeration," Mr. Kerry said when asked whether President Bush has overstated the threat of terrorism. "They are misleading all Americans in a profound way."

Mar 16, 2004: "I actually did vote for his $87 billion, before I voted against it."

Mar 17, 2004: "For a President, the decision may be lonely, but that does not mean that America should go it alone." (Remarks At George Washington University, Washington, DC)

Tom
09-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ljb
The war in Iraq is President Bush's signature failure. To reduce the damage the war has caused him, Bush and his campaign operatives have spent the last six months attacking and distorting John Kerry's position on Iraq.

And the short answer is.....
BS.
Yer asrse is bleeding.

L, I would follow Bush and Chenney into the gates of Hell.
I would not follow that POS coward, liar, opportunist Kerry into a men's room.

Busah laid it out for that bunch of losers inthe UN today....problem was, they could not understand him. They do not know what freedom is, what an election is, what it is like to make your own choices. Bush was addressing a room full of dictators, despots, morons, criminals,m and proven losers. The very crowd Kerry and his little puke Edwards wnat to turn over our country to.
No one is to blame for Kerry's totally worthless life and public studpidity except Kerry himself.

schweitz
09-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by ljb

Now thats funny---which of Kerry's 25 positions has Bush distorted? :rolleyes:

JustRalph
09-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Tom
L, I would follow Bush and Chenney into the gates of Hell.
I would not follow that POS coward, liar, opportunist Kerry into a men's room.

I would, just to watch him go in and out of the stall trying to decide whether to stand up or sit down to pee.............

I am sure Teresa would have to give him a call on the cell to figure it out..........

JustRalph
09-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Great Post Chicken Head!

sq764
09-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Face it LJB, Kerry made the wrong decision in harping on (to nauseating proportions) about his Vietnam record.. He spent valuable time and exposure and wasted it with reckless abandon..

And the funny part is... I heard that Mccain told him prior to the DNC to NOT GO THERE with his vietnam record.. And he went there, and bye bye election..

ljb
09-22-2004, 12:53 PM
From Tom,
"L, I would follow Bush and Chenney into the gates of Hell."
And that is exactly where they are leading us.

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2004, 02:53 PM
This from the guys who made Cheney's "F Off" comment a big deal!! Now they are going to pooh pooh CBS and Dan Rather's little screw up, right guys?

"Just the Facts", the title of this thread.....is this Dan Rather's mantra as well?

ljb
09-22-2004, 04:11 PM
From my point of view Rather's little screw up (your words PA) are not important here. I don't care what Rather did nor do I care what Hannity did, nor do I care what O reilly did. What should be of major concern here is what the gang of four did.

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Stop, I'm getting dizzy.

JustRalph
09-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Spin.......

http://www.homehorseplayer.com/ljb_spins.gif

ljb
09-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Nice to see you guys are still avoiding the issues and attempting to spin this into something of little consequence.

Tom
09-22-2004, 09:23 PM
I'll put it to you the way it is, Ljb,
Kerry is a loser. A quitter. He got of vietnam as fast as he could, he met with the enemy in Paris, to undermine our troops in time of war. He gave up on victory in Vietnam and gave hope to the enemy. He sold out his fellow troops for his own personal gain.
He is already giving up on Iraq. I have never heard Kerry talk about victory, only quitting. He has been a quitter and a loser all of his life.
He claims to have values, but refused to stand up for any of them. A man who will not stand up for his beliveve is a coward. And he has no real values at all.
His personal life has been the roadmap of a gigilo: find a rich bith and have HER take care of him. Find a richer one and move on up.
That is his plan for all of our social problems - find a rich guy to take care of everyone. Kerry doesn' t talk about personal responsiblity. about initiative, about success. H eis focused on failure and bail outs by others. He resents people who have become a success on their own and his idealogoy is one of penalizing those who win.
Kerry is a professional loser, a proven quitter. End of story.
That explains why YOU like him!
Bush has liberated two nations,. taken WMD destruction out of terroist hands by scaring the crap out of Lybia, has not bowed to N Koreas anual demands for money, and is already planning the IRan response. He has admitted mistakes, which YOU have called for months. Now, you say he has his trail between his legs.
Listen up you little puke, you don't know shit and yourt head is so far up your arse you almost look normal from the front.
Your reluctance to face the reality of world and your willingness to quit and roll over is disturbing. For all outr sakes, I hope Ralph is rihgt that you are not a US citizen....we do not need weak willed little asses like you.

schweitz
09-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Tom

He claims to have values, but refused to stand up for any of them. A man who will not stand up for his beliveve is a coward. And he has no real values at all.
Kerry doesn' t talk about personal responsiblity. about initiative, about success. H eis focused on failure and bail outs by others. He resents people who have become a success on their own and his idealogoy is one of penalizing those who win.
Kerry is a professional loser, a proven quitter. End of story.

Excellent post---you have him pegged.