PDA

View Full Version : Acacia Courtney

Robert Fischer
01-05-2019, 03:02 PM
pleasantly surprised.

she can talk the talk. #Legit

Has to have a few minutes on the Kentucky Derby broadcast.

She's earned it.

Afleet
01-05-2019, 04:17 PM
very easy on the eyes, but still not pretty enough to make me play Gulfstream:D

cj
01-07-2019, 12:25 PM
She won Miss Connecticut USA over the weekend.

letswastemoney
01-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Here's my old 2016 interview with Acacia on Lady and the Track: https://t.co/s8p3TpazcI

I didn't waste too much of her time, but I thought my questions were good and handicapping-oriented.

Suff
01-07-2019, 02:58 PM
https://i.ibb.co/w47kgW9/47693423-136237544053420-1935928324136993703-n.jpg

Robert Fischer
01-07-2019, 03:27 PM
she's the 'total package'

can certainly walk the walk

surprised me that she can legitimately talk the talk as well.

Here's my old 2016 interview with Acacia on Lady and the Track: https://t.co/s8p3TpazcI

I didn't waste too much of her time, but I thought my questions were good and handicapping-oriented.

:ThmbUp:

castaway01
01-07-2019, 06:25 PM
Sure, she's attractive if you like that tall, blonde, articulate beauty pageant champion who you can take to the track type, but...

Afleet
01-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Sure, she's attractive if you like that tall, blonde, articulate beauty pageant champion who you can take to the track type, but...

:D

ultracapper
01-08-2019, 01:13 PM
What's her history with horse racing? I wonder how she became interested and active.

Or is this just a step in a media career?

jay68802
01-08-2019, 02:20 PM

Do not get to carrying on about all of these nice quality's. I am sure she has some bad habits, like walking around the house naked or modeling lingerie..

castaway01
01-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Do not get to carrying on about all of these nice quality's. I am sure she has some bad habits, like walking around the house naked or modeling lingerie..

Those would be burdens we'd have to live with Jay...take the bad with the good I always say.

jimmyb
01-08-2019, 03:27 PM
The girl can dance.

the little guy
01-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Tough to look at this thread ( at all ) but especially tough to do it as a male. The nicest thing I can say about some of these posts is that they are merely pathetic.

Some of you would do well to talk to women about the harassment they face on a daily basis....as surely you haven't learned anything from Me Too.

jimmyb
01-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Tough to look at this thread ( at all ) but especially tough to do it as a male. The nicest thing I can say about some of these posts is that they are merely pathetic.

Some of you would do well to talk to women about the harassment they face on a daily basis....as surely you haven't learned anything from Me Too.

I don't see it the same way. Noticing someone that goes out of their way to project project beauty (entering beauty contests, posting bikini clad beach photos on instagram) would be naive to think that sexual beings would not notice, think or comment on the attraction.

Having worked as nurse and spending a good part of my life in the gym as well, I can assure you women are do the same. Yep, been groped more than once on the job. To say I didn't enjoy the attention would be a lie.

Suff
01-08-2019, 04:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwZ1H1EWkAEiY49.jpg:small

Robert Fischer
01-08-2019, 04:32 PM

She's a class act, a new face who I feel would well represent the sport in it's biggest spotlight, Kentucky Derby.

TLG is correct with his stance toward harassment.

the little guy
01-08-2019, 05:18 PM
I don't see it the same way. Noticing someone that goes out of their way to project project beauty (entering beauty contests, posting bikini clad beach photos on instagram) would be naive to think that sexual beings would not notice, think or comment on the attraction.

Having worked as nurse and spending a good part of my life in the gym as well, I can assure you women are do the same. Yep, been groped more than once on the job. To say I didn't enjoy the attention would be a lie.

I appreciate your response, though I strongly disagree. I do find beauty pageants offensive and I do not like how they objectify women. However, I don't think because someone chooses to participate, they forgo their rights to be treated with respect. By your line of reasoning, anyone that takes care of themselves, and takes time to dress well and make an appealing appearance, is welcoming unwanted attention. I strongly disagree. Everyone has a right to be proud of their appearance without being subjected to unwanted attention. Just as anyone has the right to ask a person out once, they don't have a right to continue to do so when rejected. It is up to all of us to respect people around us.

None of us are perfect, and we can all ( myself included ) improve how we treat others.

VigorsTheGrey
01-08-2019, 05:39 PM
You can’t have it both ways...you can’t buy in by participating in the bikini beauty contests, exposing yourself, and still hope, and expect NOT to be objectified...after all, we all are still human, and the passions still burn inside us, we are STILL men...and women too...!

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Kinda like when they blame rape victims for acting or dressing too sexy? They were practically asking for it, right Vigs?

VigorsTheGrey
01-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Kinda like when they blame rape victims for acting or dressing too sexy? They were practically asking for it, right Vigs?

No, that’s not the same and it is ridiculous to draw that analogy here...

cj
01-08-2019, 05:49 PM
You can’t have it both ways...you can’t buy in by participating in the bikini beauty contests, exposing yourself, and still hope, and expect NOT to be objectified...after all, we all are still human, and the passions still burn inside us, we are STILL men...and women too...!

Pretty sure they've gotten rid of the swimsuit part of these beauty contests, but I'm not taking the time to look it up if I'm wrong. Somebody will let me know. I don't think I've ever actually watched one.

cj
01-08-2019, 05:54 PM
Pretty sure they've gotten rid of the swimsuit part of these beauty contests, but I'm not taking the time to look it up if I'm wrong. Somebody will let me know. I don't think I've ever actually watched one.

I see now Miss America has gotten rid of it, but Miss USA has not.

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2019, 06:04 PM
No, that’s not the same and it is ridiculous to draw that analogy here...I didn't say it was the SAME. I said "kinda like."

Meaning, obviously NOT the same, since one is a felony and the other is just considered creepy these days.

But there are similarities to the argument YOU are making in favor.

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Anyway, this thread really has little to do with horse racing, wouldn't one say?

Probably should move it to the off-topic or close it altogether....

ultracapper
01-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Why is she involved in horse racing? Parents? Siblings? What got her involved? Step in a media career? Or is she a horse player? I'm just wondering why she's in the game.

ultracapper
01-08-2019, 06:09 PM
What was that Miss America from the 50s or 60s that was in it? I remember a former Miss America reporting horse races when I first got involved.

God, I want to say Phyllis Diller, but I know it wasn't her. At least I think it wasn't her.

RichieP
01-08-2019, 06:15 PM
What was that Miss America from the 50s or 60s that was in it? I remember a former Miss America reporting horse races when I first got involved.

God, I want to say Phyllis Diller, but I know it wasn't her. At least I think it wasn't her.

Phyllis George?

098poi
01-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Phyllis George?

Yes.

Phyllis Diller. Come on. :rolleyes:

ultracapper
01-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Phyllis George.

Come on. I knew Phyllis Diller was wrong but that's what kept coming up in my head when I'd think of the name Phyllis.

Sorry.

098poi
01-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Phyllis George.

Come on. I knew Phyllis Diller was wrong but that's what kept coming up in my head when I'd think of the name Phyllis.

Sorry.

Just messing with you. I am only 62 and get surprised how often info I know is just out of reach in my brain. It's the old forget about it and then suddenly it pops up without thinking about it.

VigorsTheGrey
01-08-2019, 06:27 PM
I didn't say it was the SAME. I said "kinda like."

Meaning, obviously NOT the same, since one is a felony and the other is just considered creepy these days.

But there are similarities to the argument YOU are making in favor.

Women must own up to their own role in the joint process of their objectification...just like men must own up also, to their role in the objectification process as well...

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Women must own up to their own role in the joint process of their objectification...just like men must own up also, to their role in the objectification process as well...In other words, she's asking for it...maybe you should own up to it and just post exactly what you mean instead of trying to sugar coat it. You do that with a lot of topics.

ultracapper
01-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Just messing with you. I am only 62 and get surprised how often info I know is just out of reach in my brain. It's the old forget about it and then suddenly it pops up without thinking about it.

Age has nothing to do with it in my case. I've always had that challenge.

If nobody would have responded, I would have popped up in bed at 3am and said out loud, PHYLLIS GEORGE.

My wife would have said, "alright, what were you into on the internet today?"

VigorsTheGrey
01-08-2019, 06:39 PM
In other words, she's asking for it...maybe you should own up to it and just post exactly what you mean instead of trying to sugar coat it. You do that with a lot of topics.
Maybe you should close this thread like you thought...for some unknown reason, your anger with me still persists...it is like you have some deep down hatred for me...What is it...?

098poi
01-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Age has nothing to do with it in my case. I've always had that challenge.

If nobody would have responded, I would have popped up in bed at 3am and said out loud, PHYLLIS GEORGE.

My wife would have said, "alright, what were you into on the internet today?"

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Maybe you should close this thread like you thought...for some unknown reason, your anger with me still persists...it is like you have some deep down hatred for me...What is it...?I don't give you a second thought once I exit a thread that you've participated in, so there's no way in hell there could be any deep down ANYTHING when it comes to you.

You give yourself way too much credit.

Suff
01-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Anyway, this thread really has little to do with horse racing, wouldn't one say?

Probably should move it to the off-topic or close it altogether....

I posted some photo's pre-contest in my Gulfstream Saturday selections thread. I'd link to that except I don't want to highlight my losing day at the windows.

I played SambaCer in the saturday finale in support of her Samba'ering her way to the crown.

Everybody normal is aware that the world is/has changed and we need to be conscious about how we express our natural god-given instincts to be drawn to women physically.

This thread will probably have short life span in the racing forum.

What I appreciate about Acacia Courtney is that she is elegant and graceful.
I see her at Gulfstream frequently and that's what stands out the most to me. She moves and speaks with grace and charm.

She's an ambitious young lady with an eye on big things. She's not long for the world of making selections next to the walking ring at Gulfstream.

Best of luck to her.

VigorsTheGrey
01-08-2019, 06:51 PM
I don't give you a second thought once I exit a thread that you've participated in, so there's no way in hell there could be any deep down ANYTHING when it comes to you.

You give yourself way too much credit.So why are you so hostile toward me...? I make 1 neutral simple comment in off topic in a long while and you react by demeaning me...by saying “I sugar-coat a lot” ...what I really mean, as if I I really want to say something demeaning...? I don’t get it...

Suff
01-08-2019, 06:59 PM
I don’t get it...

Think about how hostile this board is on topics not related to horse racing. Just think about that for a few seconds. Its pretty f'n hostile.

Knowing that, when you start a post with "Women have to own up"...

Are you naive to the point where you believe that what your about to type will be received with neutrality?

Find your Diplomatic self.

lefty359
01-08-2019, 07:23 PM
I appreciate your response, though I strongly disagree. I do find beauty pageants offensive and I do not like how they objectify women. However, I don't think because someone chooses to participate, they forgo their rights to be treated with respect. By your line of reasoning, anyone that takes care of themselves, and takes time to dress well and make an appealing appearance, is welcoming unwanted attention. I strongly disagree. Everyone has a right to be proud of their appearance without being subjected to unwanted attention. Just as anyone has the right to ask a person out once, they don't have a right to continue to do so when rejected. It is up to all of us to respect people around us.

None of us are perfect, and we can all ( myself included ) improve how we treat others.

It was her choice to be in a beauty pageant. I thought people who think like you were big on CHOICE. Maybe not if you don't agree

MonmouthParkJoe
01-08-2019, 07:28 PM

Well said Andy

the little guy
01-08-2019, 07:28 PM
It was her choice to be in a beauty pageant. I thought people who think like you were big on CHOICE. Maybe not if you don't agree

Thanks. I took 1:9 that you supported Roy Moore based on this post.

Ka-ching!

thaskalos
01-08-2019, 07:44 PM

Getting groped in your 60s isn't a small accomplishment. :ThmbUp:

jimmyb
01-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Getting groped in your 60s isn't a small accomplishment. :ThmbUp:

lol. That kind of attention didn't follow me into with the new millennium.

judd
01-08-2019, 08:20 PM
What is Joanne Jones doing these days

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2019, 08:41 PM
So why are you so hostile toward me...? I make 1 neutral simple comment in off topic in a long while and you react by demeaning me...by saying “I sugar-coat a lot” ...what I really mean, as if I I really want to say something demeaning...? I don’t get it...If saying you sugar coat a lot is being "hostile" towards you...well...I'm sorry?