PDA

View Full Version : Info about Santa Anita

OTM Al
09-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Thinking about making a winter getaway to Santa Anita. Wondering if those of you who know the track and area well could help me out a bit. I am looking for hotels in the area, preferably close enough to walk to the track if possible. I see on the SA web site there is a Holiday Inn about a mile from the track. Is there anything else around there and can you walk from it?

so.cal.fan
09-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Yes!
The Santa Anita Inn is the best Al. It's right across the street and within walking distance of bars and good places to eat.
They have weekly and monthy rates, I believe computer access.
Lots of racetrackers stay there.
You needn't look any where else, unless you want to pay a high rate.

Santa Anita Inn
130 West Huntington Drive
Arcadia, Calif., CA 91007
(626) 446-5211

OTM Al
09-20-2004, 12:09 PM
That looks really nice and the prices are pretty darn good too. Thanks! Just need to get their winter schedule now....

so.cal.fan
09-20-2004, 12:13 PM
I hope you get to make the trip, Al.
Let me know and I'll come and say hello to you in the paddock.
:)

Dick Schmidt
09-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Best of all, from the Santa Anita Inn you can step outside and hear Trevor on the PA call the races or make announcements. Easy walk to the track, lots of horseplayers hanging around and reasonable. It is so good that it does tend to fill up, especially on weekends. Make your reservations early. Nice part of town, too.

Dick

OTM Al
09-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know when the winter season starts there yet? I see last year it started right after X-mas, which would be perfect as I work at a University, so I can't take long vacations when school is in session. Would love to fly out on X-mas day for about a week if that jives with opening.

Speed Figure
09-20-2004, 03:24 PM
It's always the day after X-mas, but there trying to change that.

so.cal.fan
09-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Day after Christmas, Al.
They start on Sun. the 26th, run Mon. 27th DARK Tue. 28th
run Wed. 29th Thurs.30 and Friday 31st.....and of course New Years Day and Sunday.
I'm pretty sure that the first week, if you are from out of town, you get in free at least a couple of days. They always do this for the out of town Rose Bowl crowd.

OTM Al
09-20-2004, 03:44 PM
This just may work out well. Thanks everyone for your help. Will let you know if I'm headed that way