PDA

View Full Version : Need help--Promising New Method

andicap
03-11-2002, 04:34 PM
I have a developed a method using the $1 BRIS single and multi-file formats that has delivered some promising results. I even got someone to automate all the math for me, but there's still a little bit of work involved identifying contenders and ranking the horses.
I am trying to see if there is an "automatic" play (well, as automatic as you can get while still using a bit of judgment) and what the minimum/max odds might be for the play. It's not designed to win a high% of bets but it's not designed as a 15% win bet either. It's aimed at identifying high odds contenders who can be bet to win or keyed in exotics. Some races you get two such horses, some races none. I'm not sure whether "high" means 4-1 or 6-1. I do know it picks a lot of high-odds (6-1/20-1) second-place horses keying big exactas. But it also picks high odds win horses. But "picks" in this method can mean a lot of things and that's what I need testing.

I have been resisting bringing someone to help with my research because -- well, to be honest, if it really works, I'm not crazy about sharing it. But if I could find one serious person,who I could trust not to spread the word, to test the method, it would be a great help. I am doing this for a couple of reasons

1. I just don't have the time to go over 200 printouts and manually chart how this is doing. (Job, gym, daughter, household chores, leaves little time for research.) There could be a way to automate it, but there are too many quirky little rules and too many little judgments for a computer program I believe.

2. I would like a second opinion -- an impartial point of view -- of my method.

This method is not difficult, but its not something that can be explained in one sentence. It's a little bit art, a little bit science. I would like to see if I can make it more science than art. Once you get the hang of it, it would take 5-7 minutes (depending on how big the field) to do the matrixes necessary to rate the horses. Once you set up the matrixes, identifying the top contenders/potentialy overlays takes a matter of seconds.

If you are interested please send me an email explaining why you are interested, if you have the time for an extensive research project (I'm looking for someone who can work fast and accurately.) Prefer (but not necessary) someone with daily access to alternative, accurate, speed figures -- I use them as a check on the BRIS figs, which can be way off at times.

I will pick one person to help me out on this. Thank you.
Email me with questions....

andicap

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Gee, thanks for asking ol' buddy.......;)

Seriously, I hope you find someone to help you out.....

==PA

smf
03-11-2002, 08:05 PM
Good luck with the new method, Andicap. I'm pulling for "it" to come out the way you'd like for it to.