PDA

View Full Version : Amandine 2 races in 4 days at SA

ClockersCorner
12-29-2018, 10:14 PM
Amandine ran a nice 3rd today after an easy win on opening day. Now if some other trainers will follow suit we will have nice, full fields all meet. I can hardly wait!

Buckeye
12-29-2018, 10:38 PM
I kind of wondered about that too.

They took Drayden Van Dyke off her and put Money Mike on, which only gave me pause.

ronsmac
12-29-2018, 10:42 PM
Amandine ran a nice 3rd today after an easy win on opening day. Now if some other trainers will follow suit we will have nice, full fields all meet. I can hardly wait!The quick comeback looked like it did her in. She was poised to easily put her stablemate away at the top of the lane and faded late.

v j stauffer
01-01-2019, 11:34 AM
I kind of wondered about that too.

They took Drayden Van Dyke off her and put Money Mike on, which only gave me pause.

They didn't take Van Dyke off. Both races were drawn before she ran on Wednesday. He had a previous commitment to ride a different horse in the Saturday race. He and Mike Smith have the same agent.

GMB@BP
01-01-2019, 01:13 PM
They didn't take Van Dyke off. Both races were drawn before she ran on Wednesday. He had a previous commitment to ride a different horse in the Saturday race. He and Mike Smith have the same agent.

race was too far for her, she looked like 2/5 at the quarter pole.

v j stauffer
01-01-2019, 01:52 PM
race was too far for her, she looked like 2/5 at the quarter pole.

I think you're right. Got the feeling the mile and a quarter was her undoing. Not the three days rest. He's got himself a darn nice miler to be sure.

ronsmac
01-21-2019, 06:48 PM
Amandine stopped badly again. Even worse than last time. The horse finished like a rocket her first two races in the U.S. but that quick comeback appears to have taken all of her finishing ability away.

wisconsin
01-21-2019, 09:08 PM
Amandine stopped badly again. Even worse than last time. The horse finished like a rocket her first two races in the U.S. but that quick comeback appears to have taken all of her finishing ability away.

C'mon, really? Honestly, I don't know how horses of a different time ever survived :rolleyes:

Prioress Ply
01-23-2019, 12:57 PM
Problem might be that the Magic Man ran out of magic.