PDA

View Full Version : BEL SUN

SAL
09-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Picks for Belmont Sunday:

R1 #1a Don’t Tell Ashlie-Something went amiss in her last effort in the slop at CD. Her 2nd place finish in her first start as a 3yo was a good one. Has been drilling well in the am for this.

R2 #4 Ice N’ Gold-Has a good record at this one turn mile distance. Pretty consistent at this level, should be a factor late here. Prado returns.

R3 #3 Seeking the Ante-Like the connections here. Price should be OK.

R4 #8 Wild Berry-Can see Prado taking control of this race early on. Runs her best when able to contend for the lead, a likely scenario today. Breeding says she should do ok with the stretchout.

R5 #1 Sweet Hours-Sire doing well with FTS. Field doesn’t look all that strong, so I may take a shot with the entry at a price.

R6 #6 Golden Look-I like this 3yo in here. Ran a good one in defeat in the mud last time. Counting on an improved effort today.

R7 #6 Upscaled-Pletcher good at stretching out runners. Should be able to establish a clear lead in here. Certainly has the breeding to get the trip.

R8 #8 Darn That Girl-Can excuse last effort in the mud. Should get a nice stalking trip here, has the breeding to handle the trip at a price.

R9 Pass-Watching this one.

R10 #3 Black Mariah-Was an easy second against similar in her return to NY. I have knocks against most of the others, so she’s the play at an expected decent price.

CapperLou
09-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi SAL:

Just wanted to let you know that I have not been able to "buy" a value winner at Belmont all weekend.

This is the worst weekend I have had at Belmont in at least a year!!!

It seems everyone I know is not doing well there this past week. Probably is the condition of track--don't know what else to think.

Thank heavens the racing gods blessed me at Arlington as they usually do and had some good hits at LAD.

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. Hey--it's got to get better here--right????