PDA

View Full Version : Apple Mac Software

HHE10
12-27-2018, 06:25 PM
Anyone have any software that is good to run and use on the Mac :coffee:

Speed Figure
12-27-2018, 07:08 PM
Only one I know of is this one.
http://cynthiapublishing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=THS&Product_Code=ALLV6&Category_Code=

Ted Craven
12-27-2018, 11:13 PM
Anything that runs on Windows will run perfectly on a Mac, using a Windows virtual environment like Parallels. If the handicapping software is any good, the modest cost of setting up that environment on a Mac in order to run it is negligible.

Plus - you get to use a Mac for all your other stuff!

Ted

Speed Figure
12-27-2018, 11:20 PM
I run my software on my macbook pro using parallels desktop. IDK if he wants to strictly use IOS or add something like parallels.

vegasone
12-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Can try virtual box from Oracle , is free and works fairly well. Can also do boot camp which will allow installing Windows on a seperate partition and gets you less (if any) of a hit in performance. Does use up disk storage, but virtualization does also.

Have to pay attention to which Mac OS you have as well as what model you have and which Windows you want to use with Bootcamp.

eqitec
12-29-2018, 09:47 AM
I developed my own handicapping software to run natively on macs using the FileMaker Pro database platform, owned by Apple. It runs exactly the same under Windows and has the free FileMaker Go app for the iPad & iPhone. A 3rd party will be making this available for Android in ‘19.

HHE10
12-29-2018, 06:19 PM
I developed my own handicapping software to run natively on macs using the FileMaker Pro database platform, owned by Apple. It runs exactly the same under Windows and has the free FileMaker Go app for the iPad & iPhone. A 3rd party will be making this available for Android in ‘19.

So its available on the Apple App Store ??

eqitec
12-29-2018, 11:24 PM
No, but I would make it available to a qualified user to engage in further collaborative development.