PDA

View Full Version : It Never Rains in November and December

linrom1
12-21-2018, 03:34 PM
I have a question that perhaps someone can answer? Why is it that when it rains one day during a week, all races are taken off turf for the remainder of the week?

Can't a turf course be created with proper drainage? Is there a way to genetically engineer grass with better root system and resiliency to wear?

ZippyChippy423
12-21-2018, 04:05 PM
I have a question that perhaps someone can answer? Why is it that when it rains one day during a week, all races are taken off turf for the remainder of the week?

Can't a turf course be created with proper drainage? Is there a way to genetically engineer grass with better root system and resiliency to wear?

I don’t have that answer but do have another question to add. When the races are written up a week in advance how is it the weather forecast is NEVER EVER taken into consideration? BTW I also stand my ground that there should be a purse reduction when the number of entries falls below a certain amount. Those 4 or 5 horse fields make the bottom runners look legitimate based on catching a check and a bias in the beyer figures.

elhelmete
12-21-2018, 04:08 PM
I don’t have that answer but do have another question to add. When the races are written up a week in advance how is it the weather forecast is NEVER EVER taken into consideration? BTW I also stand my ground that there should be a purse reduction when the number of entries falls below a certain amount. Those 4 or 5 horse fields make the bottom runners look legitimate based on catching a check and a bias in the beyer figures.

nice hijack

PaceAdvantage
12-21-2018, 04:09 PM
^^ This was an exciting convergence. (linrom + zippy)

therussmeister
12-21-2018, 05:20 PM
Weather forecasts are not accurate enough a week in advance.

the little guy
12-21-2018, 06:21 PM
^^ This was an exciting convergence. (linrom + zippy)

The beginning of a beautiful friendship.

bobphilo
12-21-2018, 08:01 PM

I fail to see how penalizing those who don't scratch is going to deter those that do. That would be punishing the people you want to reward by staying in.

v j stauffer
12-21-2018, 10:51 PM

Racing Secretaries watch weather forecasts closer than air traffic controllers. It is ALWAYS taken into MAJOR consideration.

Only one thing sadder than a hijack.

An inane failed hijack.

Parson
12-25-2018, 02:02 AM
"When the races are written up a week in advance' actually they are written up many weeks in advance. It is called a condition book. Want to know what the races are for the upcoming meet at OPX here is the link

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorsemenAreaDownloadAction.cfm?sn=CB-OP-20190125-20190218D

oh I forgot, no turf racing there.

here is the upcoming SAX condition book

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorsemenAreaDownloadAction.cfm?sn=CB-SA-20181226-20190113D

They can put an extra race only a week in advance or hold a race over if it doesnt fill.