PDA

View Full Version : Race 5 Gulfstream today stewards epic failure

ZippyChippy423
12-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Ortiz on the 7 horse veers into the 2 horses path and causes a domino effect collision. DQ on the 2. Epic failure. Wrong call.

v j stauffer
12-12-2018, 05:17 PM
Ortiz on the 7 horse veers into the 2 horses path and causes a domino effect collision. DQ on the 2. Epic failure. Wrong call.

If "ANYBODY" else on this forum had made this initial post I would ask for the head on & pan views of the stretch run.

I'm going with this response.

Huh

iamt
12-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Some of us actually went to the effort of looking at the replay.

Huh is still very much an appropriate response.

ZippyChippy423
12-12-2018, 06:19 PM
If "ANYBODY" else on this forum had made this initial post I would ask for the head on & pan views of the stretch run.

Huh

I’m sure hundreds of posters on here saw the race in question. I don’t know exactly where to find the video disqualification. The stewards missed one here but i understand why/how.

iamt
12-12-2018, 06:23 PM
And of those hundreds none came on to vent about the "epic failure".

It can be a pretty low threshold to get people talking about a DQ and this one didn't even meet that.

ZippyChippy423
12-12-2018, 06:37 PM
And of those hundreds none came on to vent about the "epic failure".

It can be a pretty low threshold to get people talking about a DQ and this one didn't even meet that.

I get that but it wasn’t a big stakes race or one that closed a major pick six
ticket.

iamt
12-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Nor was it an epic failure.

Or any Failure...

JustRalph
12-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Vic, I think it's a bot...........

Robert Fischer
12-12-2018, 08:21 PM
that was a rough race

I'll review the :2:'s trip for betting purposes later (he was taking money today).

All I caught live was the :2: taking a hard demonstrative left hand whip, and then reacting by lugging out to strike another horse.

:7: won and started a 3 or 4 race string of chasing/hedging daily doubles for me.

Ortiz did a great job of keeping the 7 going when he or she looked empty late. A lot of riders would have given up.

Also great job on Salsa or Zalsa or whatever in the last race... He was patient and coaxed the horse early in what turned out to be a dream trip. Needed every bit to get the distance late.

Nice job by the Ortiz bros in general, especially 5 through 10 or whatever

cj
12-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Huh

Why always ask for them? Surely you know where to find them by now, no?

ZippyChippy423
12-12-2018, 10:03 PM
It was a rough race but the stewards disqualifying the 2 horse was a mistake. If anything make no change. The 7 horse clearly caused why the 2 horse was taken down. Watch the stretch and see how many paths Ortiz impedes as his horse veers out.

v j stauffer
12-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Why always ask for them? Surely you know where to find them by now, no?

I don't specifically know. I suppose I could figure it out.

And please don't call me Surely!!

iamt
12-12-2018, 10:32 PM
It was a rough race but the stewards disqualifying the 2 horse was a mistake. If anything make no change. The 7 horse clearly caused why the 2 horse was taken down. Watch the stretch and see how many paths Ortiz impedes as his horse veers out.

How about you track the replay down, and then break it down for us.

You're not close to right on what you're recalling at the moment.

cj
12-12-2018, 10:59 PM
I don't specifically know. I suppose I could figure it out.

And please don't call me Surely!!

Go to the track web site. If it isn't a Churchill track, they will be there. You can get any track via all the ADWs as far as I know. Many tracks post some or all races on Youtube also.

dartman51
12-12-2018, 11:15 PM

When the 7 came out, the 2 was a good 3 lengths back. The 7 had nothing to do with the 2. When the 2 came under a strong left handed whip, he veered out into the 8, and drove the 8 into the 9, almost knocking the jockey off his mount. The 2 had to come down. I'm sorry you lost your SUPER, but "that's horse racing." :(

SharpCat
12-13-2018, 02:09 AM

You were saying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CidTeY-Yg

ZippyChippy423
12-13-2018, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=SharpCat;2406250]You were saying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CidTeY-Yg[/

The 2 horse was in a straight closing path until Ortiz drifted into 3 to 4 lanes. The horse would have collided into the backside of Ortiz’s horse.

Robert Fischer
12-13-2018, 09:34 AM
When the 7 came out, the 2 was a good 3 lengths back. The 7 had nothing to do with the 2. When the 2 came under a strong left handed whip, he veered out into the 8, and drove the 8 into the 9, almost knocking the jockey off his mount. The 2 had to come down. I'm sorry you lost your SUPER, but "that's horse racing." :(
:ThmbUp:

That's how I saw it. I have to be honest; I didn't review it a bunch of times. Took a second look last night before I shut down the laptop.

It's 'possible' that the 7 cut him off a little or at least crossed his path, but I didn't see it, and it seemed more likely that the jock of the 2 either got frustrated with the horse or got frustrated with the rival to his outside.

wisconsin
12-13-2018, 09:53 AM

Sorry, but you don't DQ a tiring horse a couple of lengths clear just because your horse "might" have gotten through. The :2: had more horse, but had no room and went too wide. Deal with it. We all have.

ZippyChippy423
12-13-2018, 10:28 AM
Sorry, but you don't DQ a tiring horse a couple of lengths clear just because your horse "might" have gotten through. The :2: had more horse, but had no room and went too wide. Deal with it. We all have.

Yes i agree you dont disqualify any horse in this scenario which is why the stewards got it wrong.

wisconsin
12-13-2018, 11:06 AM
Yes i agree you dont disqualify any horse in this scenario which is why the stewards got it wrong.

How so?

Your horse went wider than it had to, and caused interference.

These aren't greyhounds.

ZippyChippy423
12-13-2018, 12:04 PM
How so?

Your horse went wider than it had to, and caused interference.

These aren't greyhounds.

Because the 2 horse went wide because the 7 played a big part in taking that path away.

wisconsin
12-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Because the 2 horse went wide because the 7 played a big part in taking that path away.

So by your definition we need to begin disqualifying horses on the lead for taking paths a closer "might" need. Hilarious.

Just stop already. You are making a fool out of yourself. Your horse lacked room and bore out badly when maneuvered to the outside.

The :7: was already well in front.

Next.

v j stauffer
12-13-2018, 08:49 PM
Go to the track web site. If it isn't a Churchill track, they will be there. You can get any track via all the ADWs as far as I know. Many tracks post some or all races on Youtube also.

Not as simple as you made it sound.

v j stauffer
12-14-2018, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=SharpCat;2406250]You were saying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CidTeY-Yg[/

The 2 horse was in a straight closing path until Ortiz drifted into 3 to 4 lanes. The horse would have collided into the backside of Ortiz’s horse.

What did the stewards rule in this race?

cj
12-14-2018, 01:06 AM
Not as simple as you made it sound.

Seriously?

I went to Google for example, type in Turf Paradise replays, took me right to the page, hit the favorite button, done. Did about 10 tracks in just a few minutes.

SharpCat
12-14-2018, 01:16 AM
What did the stewards rule in this race?

They disqualified the #2 from 4th to 8th place. She was put behind the horse who almost went down.

Zman179
12-14-2018, 07:55 AM

You’re lucky PA doesn’t fine for frivolous claims of foul.:rant:

Tom
12-14-2018, 09:15 AM
+1 :lol:

Good one!

thespaah
12-14-2018, 08:45 PM

Gotta be quite frank with you here. I watched the replay a few times.
I saw nothing that resembles what it is you are complaining about. If any horse altered course, it was the 2..The 7 angled out but impeded no other contestant.
Sorry if you lost your bet, but the Stews made the correct ruling.

ZippyChippy423
12-14-2018, 11:10 PM
Gotta be quite frank with you here. I watched the replay a few times.
I saw nothing that resembles what it is you are complaining about. If any horse altered course, it was the 2..The 7 angled out but impeded no other contestant.
Sorry if you lost your bet, but the Stews made the correct ruling.

I never had a bet to lose in that race or any race that day. I do follow Gulfstream and watch replays and live races. Maybe watching the replay the incident gives a bit of an illusion to how the stretch played out. If you focus on just the 2 horse there had to be a reason why the horse was suddenly swung wide. Closing fast in a straight path then bam the horse suddenly bolts to the right colliding with a few other horses. It was all a perfect timing sort of thing. The 7 horse drifted in a simultaneous move to the 2 horse closing. In any event we should all be able to agree from the replay that was once a clear path for the 2 horse changed dramatically when the 7 horse drifted three or four paths over. In trying to avoid a collision or a hard check the 2 horses jockey made a last second decision to pull hard to the right causing a justified interference. I know I’m in the minority of how I see it but it’s my opinion that is all.

thespaah
12-14-2018, 11:23 PM
I never had a bet to lose in that race or any race that day. I do follow Gulfstream and watch replays and live races. Maybe watching the replay the incident gives a bit of an illusion to how the stretch played out. If you focus on just the 2 horse there had to be a reason why the horse was suddenly swung wide. Closing fast in a straight path then bam the horse suddenly bolts to the right colliding with a few other horses. It was all a perfect timing sort of thing. The 7 horse drifted in a simultaneous move to the 2 horse closing. In any event we should all be able to agree from the replay that was once a clear path for the 2 horse changed dramatically when the 7 horse drifted three or four paths over. In trying to avoid a collision or a hard check the 2 horses jockey made a last second decision to pull hard to the right causing a justified interference. I know I’m in the minority of how I see it but it’s my opinion that is all.

Let me ask then..In your opinion, where did the interference occur?
And is there a head on angle video available?

ZippyChippy423
12-15-2018, 12:24 AM
Let me ask then..In your opinion, where did the interference occur?
And is there a head on angle video available?

Someone put the head on replay in this thread. In my opinion the indirect interference occurred when the 7 horse crossed over 3 paths and ended up directly in the path of the very fast closing 2 horse. Obviously Ortiz didn’t do this on purpose but it did cause a ripple effect that made the 2 horse look at fault to a degree. I do have an update from an owner who is a friend with one of the stewards. It was mentioned that the inquiry lasted so long because much time was spent in regards to the 7 horse crossing over and what role that played but the video angles were inconclusive. I will accept that knowing at least someone saw what I did but not enough evidence. I feel better now. Good night.

cj
12-15-2018, 12:31 AM
This thread going three pages is pretty good evidence I need a little break from PA. :lol::lol::lol: