PDA

View Full Version : TWINSPIRES NEW ON LINE BETTING FORMAT

formula_2002
12-11-2018, 08:32 AM
OVER THE YEARS I HAVE REVISED MY TOTE BOARD DOWN LOAD PROGRAM TO CONFORM TO THE SUTTLE CHANGES TO THE TWINSPIRES ON LINE TOTE BOARD.
NOW, AS OF DECEMBER 10, 2018 TWINSPIRES HAS MADE A "SEA CHANGE" TO THEIR ONLINE SITE STRUCTURE.

THE TOTEBOARD DATA I REQUIRE IS STILL THERE, BUT IS PRESENTED IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMAT.

I'M WATING FOR THE SPARK OF DESIRE TO TACKEL WRITTING A NEW PROGRAM. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THE PROGRAM MADE ANY LONG TERM MONEY, BUT IT DID MAKE ME ACUTELY AWARE OF HOW MONEY IS LOST!!;)

lamboguy
12-11-2018, 08:36 AM
OVER THE YEARS I HAVE REVISED MY TOTE BOARD DOWN LOAD PROGRAM TO CONFORM TO THE SUTTLE CHANGES TO THE TWINSPIRES ON LINE TOTE BOARD.
NOW, AS OF DECEMBER 10, 2018 TWINSPIRES HAS MADE A "SEA CHANGE" TO THEIR ONLINE SITE STRUCTURE.

THE TOTEBOARD DATA I REQUIRE IS STILL THERE, BUT IS PRESENTED IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMAT.

I'M WATING FOR THE SPARK OF DESIRE TO TACKEL WRITTING A NEW PROGRAM. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THE PROGRAM MADE ANY LONG TERM MONEY, BUT IT DID MAKE ME ACUTELY AWARE OF HOW MONEY IS LOST!!;)now we know why they changed the format, its simply to make it more difficult for you to figure out why you lost your money!

soupman2
12-11-2018, 08:59 AM
Actually I went on there last night and left. I don't want the information the way they are throwing it in my face. Yes placing a bet is easier but how I have to view the site sucks. I usually do two tracks. I like to see how many minutes and the odds like they had in the "Classic View". This weekend I will probably spend some more time with it and maybe I will like it better. As of now I am going to look for alternative sites.

formula_2002
12-11-2018, 09:44 AM
now we know why they changed the format, its simply to make it more difficult for you to figure out why you lost your money!

LOL.. THAT'S MY FUN FOR THE DAY:D

MutuelClerk
12-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Actually I went on there last night and left. I don't want the information the way they are throwing it in my face. Yes placing a bet is easier but how I have to view the site sucks. I usually do two tracks. I like to see how many minutes and the odds like they had in the "Classic View". This weekend I will probably spend some more time with it and maybe I will like it better. As of now I am going to look for alternative sites.

Agreed. However if you look under preferences. You can bring back the old format. Your call Soupman. Good luck either way.....

Stevecsd2
12-11-2018, 01:08 PM
The only thing I see under MY Account Preferences is to Remember My Username.

Have they removed the option to bring up the old version already?

thaskalos
12-11-2018, 01:11 PM
This new version is the worst wagering format that I've ever seen. Can't they make it more efficient to place a bet without having to screw up everything?

tophatmert
12-11-2018, 01:24 PM
The only thing I see under MY Account Preferences is to Remember My Username.

Have they removed the option to bring up the old version already?

If you are a VIP all of the old formats are available to you.

thaskalos
12-11-2018, 01:29 PM
If you are a VIP all of the old formats are available to you.

What...and if you are not a VIP, they are showing you the door?

Milkshaker
12-11-2018, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Stevecsd2;2405551]The only thing I see under MY Account Preferences is to Remember My Username.

Same for me. What an absolute abortion. This interface looks like something a middle school student submitted for a programming project.

If anyone knows how to restore the classic pages, kindly post instructions.

tophatmert
12-11-2018, 01:37 PM
I guess you get the new platform only. I read here that VIP members can access the old platforms by clicking on the preferences tab. I use the classic interface and it looks and acts the same as before.

thaskalos
12-11-2018, 01:44 PM
I guess you get the new platform only. I read here that VIP members can access the old platforms by clicking on the preferences tab. I use the classic interface and it looks and acts the same as before.

This doesn't look like a sound business practice to me. Why not give the same interface option to ALL their customers? In today's ultra-competitive gambling marketplace, you can't afford to unnecessarily alienate customers...regardless of whether they are VIPs, or not.

wisconsin
12-11-2018, 02:02 PM

Well, with work and other constraints, I have gone from Gold to Silver, to probably not even Bronze for 2019. I guess I'll be out of luck. I was able to retrieve the classic format yesterday, but if I can't use it after this year I'm out. I'm serious. The new screen is a joke.

WP1981
12-11-2018, 04:17 PM

I'M WATING FOR THE SPARK OF DESIRE TO TACKEL WRITTING A NEW PROGRAM. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THE PROGRAM MADE ANY LONG TERM MONEY, BUT IT DID MAKE ME ACUTELY AWARE OF HOW MONEY IS LOST!!;)

In the meantime you could tackel 2nd grade spelling and phonics. I don't know what you are wating for.

formula_2002
12-11-2018, 05:41 PM
In the meantime you could tackel 2nd grade spelling and phonics. I don't know what you are wating for.

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. I MUST HAVE MISSED THAT CLASS.

MutuelClerk
12-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Whatever the icon is just right of your balance lists preferences. Click there and it takes you back to whichever of the older formats you liked best.

soupman2
12-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Thanks MutualClerk. I found the preferences and could reset back to the Classic View.

Someone should let them know that is really a very poor design. :rolleyes:

Bob

Stevecsd2
12-11-2018, 07:11 PM
I "chatted" with them & they added the options to my preferences. But be aware. The email they sent me said the OLD formats would only be temporary. With other websites where I've seen that happen, that usually means between 1-3 months.

thaskalos
12-11-2018, 07:18 PM
I "chatted" with them & they added the options to my preferences. But be aware. The email they sent me said the OLD formats would only be temporary. With other websites where I've seen that happen, that usually means between 1-3 months.

No problem there...because my association with them will only be "temporary", as well.

JimG
12-11-2018, 07:46 PM
I don't really use the website much, but there is a workaround even if you are not a vip. First, sign in to the current crappy site, then immediately go to classic or old youbet view by typing the address in your browser.

The classic site is:

https://www.twinspires.com/wager/go

The express site is:

https://www.twinspires.com/php/tsexpress/2.3/index.php

Works for me even though I rarely use it. Thought it would help some of you.

Jim

MutuelClerk
12-11-2018, 08:00 PM
No problem there...because my association with them will only be "temporary", as well.

Exactly.

Milkshaker
12-11-2018, 08:01 PM
I don't really use the website much, but there is a workaround even if you are not a vip. First, sign in to the current crappy site, then immediately go to classic or old youbet view by typing the address in your browser.

The classic site is:

https://www.twinspires.com/wager/go

The express site is:

https://www.twinspires.com/php/tsexpress/2.3/index.php

Works for me even though I rarely use it. Thought it would help some of you.

Jim

Thanks for taking the time to post that--very helpful. Worked for me.

Tom
12-12-2018, 08:08 AM

Isn't that pretty much the model for all of horse racing?
Some people get direct access to the pools and the peons have to bet by phone or an on line ADW?

This game is not for general participation.

spang99
12-12-2018, 01:40 PM
I can only suggest that everybody email or chat with them to voice their displeasure. I love the old express/pro format and if and when they remove that, I'm out of there for good.

The new website could not be less user friendly.

lamboguy
12-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Isn't that pretty much the model for all of horse racing?
Some people get direct access to the pools and the peons have to bet by phone or an on line ADW?

This game is not for general participation.i wonder how much it cost's to service a customer and what the break even point is for the adw operator.

mikesal57
12-12-2018, 02:06 PM
I challenge anybody here to (other than the ones that found it) find "Race Replays" inunder 10 seconds like it was done before?

maddog42
12-12-2018, 05:18 PM
This new version is the worst wagering format that I've ever seen. Can't they make it more efficient to place a bet without having to screw up everything?
It is incredibly bad and I've used a few.

SharpCat
12-13-2018, 02:26 AM

100% agreed. I use Twinspires TV to wager from. It's easy to switch between tracks and easy to get the pool information I need. Dam if I could find it in the new format. So now I sign in and then load Twinspires TV I bookmarked.

Robert Fischer
12-13-2018, 10:11 AM
took me a second to find 'Withdraw' funds...

1 click to 'Deposit' in highlighted user-friendly 'Balance' button just to the left of the player icon.

to 'Withdraw'; simply click the player icon on the right, scroll down to 'My Funds', and then click the 'Withdraw' button. [Be careful to find the 'Withdraw' button that is the same color as the background, and not overlook or mis-punch due to the larger highlighted 'Deposit' button just below it.]

mikesal57
12-13-2018, 11:19 AM

1 click to 'Deposit' in highlighted user-friendly 'Balance' button just to the left of the player icon.

to 'Withdraw'; simply click the player icon on the right, scroll down to 'My Funds', and then click the 'Withdraw' button. and not overlook or mis-punch due to the larger highlighted 'Deposit' button just below it.]

Ya think they did that on purpose?

MutuelClerk
12-13-2018, 08:01 PM
I've been emailing with Twinspires for a few days now. Suddenly I receive an email from BetAmerica wanting me to join? Big Brother is always watching on this damn internet. Scary. Anyone else receive invites from other sites?

jefftune
12-13-2018, 09:50 PM

to 'Withdraw'; simply click the player icon on the right, scroll down to 'My Funds', and then click the 'Withdraw' button. [Be careful to find the 'Withdraw' button that is the same color as the background, and not overlook or mis-punch due to the larger highlighted 'Deposit' button just below it.]

Lol, I made a deposit just trying to maneuver around! The new site really really sucks. Thanks to those here I have changed back to old format!

Tom
12-14-2018, 09:20 AM
They probably figured no one ever needs a WITHDRAW button! :lol:

Tom
12-14-2018, 10:56 AM
One of the guys over at Pace and Cap talked to a TS rep and was told the Classic option will only be around for 2 months.

This will make TS totally unusable for me as the other options cannot be sized to a readable screen output.

Xpressbet gets my business. Got to look at BataviaBets as well.
I would have liked to use NYRA Bets, but their website is far too slow, disorganized and poorly designed to bother with the headache. KISS.

I sincerely hope TS suffers dramatic losses over this BS idea.

mikesal57
12-14-2018, 11:16 AM
One of the guys over at Pace and Cap talked to a TS rep and was told the Classic option will only be around for 2 months.

This will make TS totally unusable for me as the other options cannot be sized to a readable screen output.

Xpressbet gets my business. Got to look at BataviaBets as well.
I would have liked to use NYRA Bets, but their website is far too slow, disorganized and poorly designed to bother with the headache. KISS.

I sincerely hope TS suffers dramatic losses over this BS idea.

does NY take every track now....?
the reason I didnt use em was that they didnt take tracks associated with Twin Spires

mike

mikesal57
12-14-2018, 11:33 AM
Getting better.....

The only thing missing is this calendar.....its on classic page but not on opening page tabs...I like to get a quick look at times of my tracks and next days info

Even though TS reps are quiet....they are here listening...

Tom
12-14-2018, 11:52 AM
the reason I didnt use em was that they didnt take tracks associated with Twin Spires

mike

No idea.
After being on their site for a few minute, I lost all interest in pursuing it. I was, up until then, 95% sure that was the way I was going to go.

Xpressbet has it's negatives, but the others have made them look pretty minor lately. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
12-14-2018, 11:53 AM
The ol' Youbet "Express/Pro" interface is, IMO, one of the best ADW wagering interfaces ever invented. If TS decides one day to eliminate this option completely, I will have absolutely no reason to keep any money in that account going forward.

Robert Fischer
12-14-2018, 11:53 AM

mike

NY has a nice rebate deal for Aqueduct. I think it is for all members and not just new members.

spang99
12-14-2018, 02:38 PM
The ol' Youbet "Express/Pro" interface is, IMO, one of the best ADW wagering interfaces ever invented. If TS decides one day to eliminate this option completely, I will have absolutely no reason to keep any money in that account going forward.

Spot on.... Everything nicely laid out on one page. The free PPs I get are great but that won't overcome being forced to use the crap interface that they want us to use. Lots and lots of solid options are out there should the need arise to bolt from TS. Screw 'em.

FlintAtTheFetlock
12-15-2018, 08:44 AM
Getting better.....

The only thing missing is this calendar.....its on classic page but not on opening page tabs...I like to get a quick look at times of my tracks and next days info

Even though TS reps are quiet....they are here listning...

I've been emailing them also. I had to switch from IE to EDGE just to see the Place Show results which were getting pushed out of view. I constantly get 'long running script' errors which stop navigation (and your bet placing). Performance issues and server response is the most critical issue to address. The other thing is you cannot view late scratches from within current race window and you can't view your ticket without blocking some of the program odds. IMO Twinspires Express/PRO is their best UI and I will use that until they fix these performance issues. I could get use to the new UI with some basic enhancements as some of the features are nice like favoring tracks and creating betting slips.

picojim
12-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Twinspires is giving away $10 today
check your spam folders

PICSIX
12-15-2018, 06:11 PM
Whatever the icon is just right of your balance lists preferences. Click there and it takes you back to whichever of the older formats you liked best.

I was able to do this and select the twinspirestv format:ThmbUp:

098poi
12-15-2018, 06:53 PM
I got my $10. Lost $4 already and have $2 to win on :1: and :2: DD R2. If I lose I'll have $2 left!!

098poi
12-15-2018, 06:59 PM
I got my $10. Lost $4 already and have $2 to win on :1: and :2: DD R2. If I lose I'll have $2 left!!

:2: Placed :ThmbDown:

JeremyJet
12-18-2018, 01:30 PM
TwinSpires, and the industry at large, is disappointing.

I'm not a fan of the new TwinSpires format either. Seems to be built for larger screens .... at a time when everything is getting more compact. I don't even use a PC anymore. It's either my laptop or my phone.

Should I bother to check if conditional wagering is back at TwinSpires? I used to check once or twice a month, but have lost all interest recently. Going on one year since conditional wagering was pulled with no resolution on the matter.

But I have shut down my wagering almost completely this year. I don't know about you guys, but the computer wagering teams have ruined the game, imho. The late odds changes are totally unacceptable. Can't believe the industry has allowed this to happen.

We ALL need to know what odds we're betting on .... not just a select few.

mikesal57
12-18-2018, 02:08 PM
TwinSpires, and the industry at large, is disappointing.

I'm not a fan of the new TwinSpires format either. Seems to be built for larger screens .... at a time when everything is getting more compact. I don't even use a PC anymore. It's either my laptop or my phone.

Should I bother to check if conditional wagering is back at TwinSpires? I used to check once or twice a month, but have lost all interest recently. Going on one year since conditional wagering was pulled with no resolution on the matter.

But I have shut down my wagering almost completely this year. I don't know about you guys, but the computer wagering teams have ruined the game, imho. The late odds changes are totally unacceptable. Can't believe the industry has allowed this to happen.

We ALL need to know what odds we're betting on .... not just a select few.

How can we/them change that?

JeremyJet
12-18-2018, 02:31 PM
How can we/them change that?

I don't think we can because not enough players seem to care. They're still betting.

My hope was that Betfair would expand their reach by now, but nothing has changed since they came to NJ. I think it's legal in CA, but they didn't even bother giving it a go.

MutuelClerk
01-19-2019, 08:06 PM
FU TS

Buckeye
01-19-2019, 08:13 PM

Take the caps lock off, maybe that'll help.

mikesal57
01-19-2019, 08:16 PM
FU TS

Short & Sweet....LOL

Tom
01-20-2019, 09:15 AM
The game caters to to two groups - the whales and the picnicers, so they have a nice groups of people who won't be bothered by the shoddy product they put out and pay the stupid admission prices.

They will all tell you how much they care, but bottom line is they only care about $$$.

Pass the potato salad and shut up.

picojim
02-15-2019, 03:14 PM
more free money from Twinspires , get 2-1 odds on Winx tonight, max bet is $10

clicknow
02-28-2019, 02:30 AM
Hate the new TS interface. Work on either my tablet or a small laptop (don't want big stuff anymore). Will probably stop using online betting entirely. No desire to keep re-learning interfaces.

The way things have been going for last few years, I've pretty much limited myself to playing the TC races, Breeders Cup, and I wager every single day (in person) at Oaklawn during their meet. Otherwise I only play Hong Kong.

Next year, I will probably only wager the Belmont Stakes (only TC race I care about) and Oaklawn live meet. Can win and loose enough (either way) just doing those 2 things, and concentrating on one track really improves my bankroll anyway.

acorn54
02-28-2019, 03:33 AM
the betting teams will dry up when us suckers, yes we are suckers when it comes to thinking we can beat this game for significant money.
the more i get to know about these guys the easier it is for me to cut down on my betting and respect the achievement these teams make.
they earn every penny they make in the parimutuel pools. it takes many years of planning and alot of up front money to get started with a operation that they undertake.

formula_2002
02-28-2019, 09:11 AM
the betting teams will dry up when us suckers, yes we are suckers when it comes to thinking we can beat this game for significant money.
the more i get to know about these guys the easier it is for me to cut down on my betting and respect the achievement these teams make.
they earn every penny they make in the parimutuel pools. it takes many years of planning and alot of up front money to get started with a operation that they undertake.

Knowledge of the game cause me to stop meaningful betting many years ago.
I'll go to Belmont perhaps twice a year and "play"
Of course once I can beat the takeout by a few points I am in with both hands, 'till then I keep them in my pockets:)

acorn54
02-28-2019, 09:22 AM
i like the way you think formula 2002
i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, i am a very slow learner when it comes to learning those things in life, that really matter.

MacTavish
03-30-2019, 11:37 AM
I do not like the new Twinspires interface. I'm an old, grumpy guy and the Classic interface was just fine with me. My problems went beyond not liking it though. I couldn't get it to open. Whenever I tried, I would get a spinning circle.

I exchanged several emails with Twinspires and was instructed to clear my cookies, history, cache, etc., which I did, but it didn't resolve the problem. Then I was instructed to call their Tech Support number (877) 774-7371, option 7.

I spoke with a pleasant young woman who said that I should be using the Chrome browser. I've never used it and didn't have it installed. So, still on the telephone with her, I downloaded Chrome, installed it, logged into Twinspires and the new interface came up without a hitch. I still don't like it but at least I can make it work on my computer.

Before hanging up, I told her (politely) that there were many long-time users who were not happy with the interface change. She said that she understood, that she and others had heard many such complains but that it was an upper management decision. In other words, it wasn't her decision and she was just following orders.

So, if you're having trouble getting it to run, try Chrome. And if you still don't like it, Twinspires' competitors would love to have our business.

tanner12oz
03-31-2019, 05:56 AM
I haven't made a bet in months because tvg and twinspires both no longer work on my phone. Like everyone else is saying all I want I a simple platform to make a bet. No bells whistles video needed just a simple bet

Parkview_Pirate
03-31-2019, 12:27 PM
... I spoke with a pleasant young woman...

Well, ya got somethin', as opposed to the bum's rush or no response at all. I am shocked they still have the Classic interface available, though it doesn't save your settings.

My handle at TS is a fraction of the "pre-totally screwed up" interface. Gotta say the switch to Xpressbet was pretty simple.

thaskalos
03-31-2019, 12:34 PM
I haven't made a bet in months because tvg and twinspires both no longer work on my phone. Like everyone else is saying all I want I a simple platform to make a bet. No bells whistles video needed just a simple bet

It's a painful experience using the new Twinspires interface by phone. If you already have a bet at a particular track, then you can revisit that track through your registered bets. But if you just log on and try to look up a certain track...then you are in for a load of aggravation. Of course, when seconds count...the Twinspires customer service agents are just minutes away. :ThmbUp:

It seems that Twinspires has forgotten the cardinal rule of bookmaking: "Finding a good bet might be difficult...but MAKING it should be easy:.

mikesal57
03-31-2019, 12:46 PM
You know what the best part is.....

If your away from the site( say your next bet is 2 races down the road)

YOU GET LOGGED OUT!!!!!!

and have to start it all over again

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

JohnGalt1
03-31-2019, 01:05 PM
After getting to the site I now have to click 9 times to get to where I can make a bet.

1-sign in, no complaints with this
2-drop down
3-preferences
4-click classic
5-click for track
6-click on track(s) I'm playing
7-click video
8-click flash player--this is new as of 2 weeks ago
9-click allow once

Then if I download another track's pp's from handicapping menu, when done, I have to do most of 9 clicks listed above to get back to the classic betting page.

Could one ADW just design their betting platform to look and operate like a SAM????

1GCFAN
03-31-2019, 10:03 PM
I too have stumbled around trying use the new format on my PC. I usually use Firefox bit when all functions didn't work I tried Edge. Gave up for awhile and went back to the classic view which I like much better. I since have found the app works best using Chrome.

Last week I got a new iPad Pro and was all set. Wrong! It didn't work in Safari. The lady in tech support advised me to download Chrome on my iPad. I found I could do everything but save the PP's.To get around this I downloaded and saved the PP's on my PC and emailed them to my iPad for use at the simulcast facility. In the future I will probably use Dropbox.

I had a long IT career and our team thoroughly tested newly developed applications in all browsers. Occasional minor tweaking might be needed. This was in government and believe me elected officials didn't want to hear from the general public that their apps wouldn't work.

mikesal57
03-31-2019, 10:05 PM
I too have stumbled around trying use the new format on my PC. I usually use Firefox bit when all functions didn't work I tried Edge. Gave up for awhile and went back to the classic view which I like much better. I since have found the app works best using Chrome.

Last week I got a new iPad Pro and was all set. Wrong! It didn't work in Safari. The lady in tech support advised me to download Chrome on my iPad. I found I could do everything but save the PP's.To get around this I downloaded and saved the PP's on my PC and emailed them to my iPad for use at the simulcast facility. In the future I will probably use Dropbox.

I had a long IT career and our team thoroughly tested newly developed applications in all browsers. Occasional minor tweaking might be needed. This was in government and believe me elected officials didn't want to hear from the general public that their apps wouldn't work.

They just DONT CARE!!!

ubercapper
04-01-2019, 10:08 AM
You know what the best part is.....

If your away from the site( say your next bet is 2 races down the road)

YOU GET LOGGED OUT!!!!!!

and have to start it all over again

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not that its any consolation, but Xpressbet logs you out pretty quickly as well.

mikesal57
04-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Not that its any consolation, but Xpressbet logs you out pretty quickly as well.

But heres the difference....

TS never logged me off...even if I was away for 12 hours....before all this crap started

PaceAdvantage
04-04-2019, 08:19 PM
TS used to log me off after a number of hours with regularity...BEFORE the site change

mikesal57
04-04-2019, 08:21 PM
TS used to log me off after a number of hours with regularity...BEFORE the site change

They should log you off here too

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-04-2019, 08:22 PM
They should log you off here toostop stealing data

mikesal57
04-04-2019, 08:26 PM
stop stealing data

cant help it....bad habits :eek:

JeremyJet
04-28-2019, 10:05 PM
I can't believe someone gave the thumbs up for this new format. It's so bad the only way to play with twinspires is through the phone app.

Would be nice if they update the app every now and then, though. It hasn't changed for years as far as I know ... they don't let you know there's a newer version available if there is any.