PDA

View Full Version : TVG and NYRA

BIG49010
12-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Something I missed, races today for Big A, shown on delay while they show Golden Gate post parade and horses going to the gate?

NYRA cut them off, or vice versa?

Tom
12-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Pretty sure California tracks have priority by contract.

v j stauffer
12-10-2018, 02:51 PM
Something I missed, races today for Big A, shown on delay while they show Golden Gate post parade and horses going to the gate?

NYRA cut them off, or vice versa?

Golden Gate is usually offered on TVG2 until NYRA finishes their card. Then they switch GGF over to TVG. Most have been an unusual circumstance.

I know TVG and NYRA have a great working relationship with much mutual respect.

In fact the NYRA director of TV Tony Allevato used to be the Executive V P of programming at TVG.

dilanesp
12-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Maybe they figure TVG viewers will have an easier time keeping track of shorter fields.

BIG49010
12-11-2018, 11:18 AM
All day things seemed kind of crazy, perhaps they had someone new in the control room?

metro
12-11-2018, 01:04 PM
since it's TVG in the subject line, and it pertains to post-time issues.....why in the world does their on-air talent bemoan tracks going off at the same time....and then.... give us a split screen of one track breaking from the gate and one track, the "preferred" track, in either post parade mode or horses walking along the outside fence approaching the gate mode, still minutes from loading?

I tweeted to Schrupp and Bray one day when this occurred while they were on the air. The situation was a stake race going off at Keeneland while horses shown at Santa Anita were nowhere near gate loading. Neither addressed it but you could tell both read the message based on the simultaneous bewildered look on their faces.

Cuffdaddy
12-11-2018, 02:08 PM
since it's TVG in the subject line, and it pertains to post-time issues.....why in the world does their on-air talent bemoan tracks going off at the same time....and then.... give us a split screen of one track breaking from the gate and one track, the "preferred" track, in either post parade mode or horses walking along the outside fence approaching the gate mode, still minutes from loading?

I tweeted to Schrupp and Bray one day when this occurred while they were on the air. The situation was a stake race going off at Keeneland while horses shown at Santa Anita were nowhere near gate loading. Neither addressed it but you could tell both read the message based on the simultaneous bewildered look on their faces.

Totally agree, this is a constant for TVG now, I understand the contracts to show certain tracks over another but the approaching the gate mode while any other race can he shown on a full screen prior to the other race beginning is maddening.