PDA

View Full Version : XFL....Again....Really?.....WTF?

kingfin66
12-07-2018, 12:06 AM
It's baaaack, and I am not at all excited. Wasn't this already an epic failure about 20 years ago? The only thing I really remember is that there was a guy who had "He Hate Me" on the back of his jersey. I wonder what they think will make it successful this time around.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/xfl-announces-eight-teams-cities-and-stadiums-for-its-return-in-2020/

And while I am on this short, negative rant, let me ask this; is Vince McMahon the human version of Diplodocus?

JustRalph
12-07-2018, 01:38 PM
One of my waiters is an ex college QB....... he was contacted for the Houston Team...... he's ecstatic...........

barahona44
12-07-2018, 04:08 PM
From what I understand, McMahon intends to bring back the no holds barred ,hard hitting football of yore, with fewer restrictions on rough play, etc.The thing is do fans want a lot of 16-9 games like it's still 1973,because with that style of play,that's what you're going to get.

Lemon Drop Husker
12-07-2018, 08:03 PM
From what I understand, McMahon intends to bring back the no holds barred ,hard hitting football of yore, with fewer restrictions on rough play, etc.The thing is do fans want a lot of 16-9 games like it's still 1973,because with that style of play,that's what you're going to get.

It isn't so much the physicality and the big hits, it is simply the talent.

There are a lot of dudes playing Arena Ball and in the CFL that simply won't jeopardize their contracts and current situation to play in a league that was a flat out joke 1st time around.

The biggest problem the XFL will face is star power. Who can they get to move the needle that can actually play?

If I were McMahon, I'd go after guys like Johnny Manziel, Colin Kaepernick, etc. that can play QB, but weren't exactly a "fit" in the other league.

QBs drive the game and the revenue. Make sure they star in your league or it will be over very quickly again.

coachv30
12-07-2018, 08:25 PM
It's baaaack, and I am not at all excited. Wasn't this already an epic failure about 20 years ago? The only thing I really remember is that there was a guy who had "He Hate Me" on the back of his jersey. I wonder what they think will make it successful this time around.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/xfl-announces-eight-teams-cities-and-stadiums-for-its-return-in-2020/

And while I am on this short, negative rant, let me ask this; is Vince McMahon the human version of Diplodocus?

I heard this time around they had to pass a state standardized grammar/ sentence structure test to be eligible.

ReplayRandall
12-07-2018, 08:43 PM
It isn't so much the physicality and the big hits, it is simply the talent.

There are a lot of dudes playing Arena Ball and in the CFL that simply won't jeopardize their contracts and current situation to play in a league that was a flat out joke 1st time around.

The biggest problem the XFL will face is star power. Who can they get to move the needle that can actually play?

If I were McMahon, I'd go after guys like Johnny Manziel, Colin Kaepernick, etc. that can play QB, but weren't exactly a "fit" in the other league.

QBs drive the game and the revenue. Make sure they star in your league or it will be over very quickly again.

McMahon and Trump are friends and have been in business dealings before. With Trump going on the attack earlier against the NFL with the "kneeling" issue, plus having been rejected as a possible NFL team owner, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the XFL's new owners is Donald Jr......:popcorn:

kingfin66
12-07-2018, 09:15 PM
McMahon and Trump are friends and have been in business dealings before. With Trump going on the attack earlier against the NFL with the "kneeling" issue, plus having been rejected as a possible NFL team owner, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the XFL's new owners is Donald Jr......:popcorn:

Damn, and just when I thought that Kap was finally going to get a job.

Lemon Drop Husker
12-07-2018, 09:19 PM

I give Trump being an owner in the XFL at a chance of .0001%

His sons? Maybe.

Tom
12-09-2018, 10:03 AM
Great idea.

HE HATE ME rides again! :lol:
At least they probably wear the same uniforms every game.

Today, Rams vs Bears - who knows what the Hell either team will look like?

Go VInny Mac! GOOD football is always appreciated.

BTW, speaking of football, FOX network TV is covering WWE Live on Friday nights, starting in September, I believe. Look for cross-overs, such as Joe Buck and Troy Aikman commenting on matches, and pro wrestlers on the football field.

Should be very interesting. Mean Joe Buck, Terrible Troy :lol:

woodtoo
12-09-2018, 10:45 AM
Im for the Omaha Bluffs as long Colin K. is the Kaeptain.

barahona44
12-09-2018, 10:45 AM
BTW, speaking of football, FOX network TV is covering WWE Live on Friday nights, starting in September, I believe. Look for cross-overs, such as Joe Buck and Troy Aikman commenting on matches, and pro wrestlers on the football field.

Should be very interesting. Mean Joe Buck, Terrible Troy :lol:

"The Rumble with Greg Gumbel"

Tom
12-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Im for the Omaha Bluffs as long Colin K. is the Kaeptain.

Anyone takes a knee, HULK HOGAN body slams him! :lol:

JustRalph
12-09-2018, 01:27 PM
That Friday night wrestling show is always one of the top trending items on twitter, every week.

It must be doing something right

Tom
12-09-2018, 03:42 PM
FOX deal worth over a billion!
The word from them has been cut the comedy BS and get to action in the ring.
They are still looking to have Brock Lesnar hold the WWE title when he goes back in the octagon. $$$ can make stuff happen.

MutuelClerk
12-11-2018, 06:37 PM
He Hate Me was a great jersey back in the day.

jimmyb
12-12-2018, 09:22 PM
He Hate Me was a great jersey back in the day.
And the one player everyone seems to remember.

ReplayRandall
12-12-2018, 09:36 PM
And the one player everyone seems to remember.
Rod Smart....

Tom
12-12-2018, 11:11 PM
At least they look like football players.
What the hell were the Seahawks supposed to be Monday night?
Popsicles?