PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps racing should consider this??

fmhealth
11-30-2018, 11:38 PM
Payout wagers before the race is even run. Might increase handle & peak some interest in new fans.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/fanduel-alabama-national-title-bets-pay-out-2018-19-college-football-season

Be Well,
fmhealth

HalvOnHorseracing
12-02-2018, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=fmhealth;2402474]Payout wagers before the race is even run. Might increase handle & peak some interest in new fans.
/QUOTE]

I assume you mean on the favorite.

fmhealth
12-02-2018, 10:41 PM
Good point Halv. But, perhaps with creativity, racing can evolve some type of iteration of this "prepayment" approach in special situations. We all know that inspiration can sometimes lead directly to great results. In any event, enjoy the holidays.

Be Well,
fmhealth

macguy
12-07-2018, 11:52 AM
I was thinking an insurance bet could be fun.

You bet the horse with an insurance bet and if it finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th you collect, if it wins you get nothing. Kind of a spin on a show bet.

onefast99
12-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Pretty neat that is a great jesture on their part you are a guaranteed winner if you had Bama to win the NC. I am sure there will be a few more of those when the favortie to win something has such a large amount of moneyline bets and it is cheaper to pay the bets off early. I wonder how much is on Duke to win the bball NC.

thaskalos
12-07-2018, 09:22 PM
Payout wagers before the race is even run. Might increase handle & peak some interest in new fans.

Yes...if the racetracks could somehow be convinced to pay the bettors before the races are run...then I think it's safe to assume that this would affect the mutuel handle in a positive way. :ThmbUp: