PDA

View Full Version : Kerry vs Bush

CryingForTheHorses
09-16-2004, 05:49 PM
After months of the kerry camp slamming Bush, I like how what goes around comes around. I think Kerry ha talked himself out of the presidency

ElKabong
09-16-2004, 05:56 PM
I emailed this to so cal fan a few days ago so I'm not redboarding...I'm making a half assed prediction (i'm just guessing) that the next October Surprise from the DNC is more Abu Garib photos...Kerry got a bounce last time that happened and the Ben Barnes/ 60 minutes thing has blown up in their faces.

fyi...The same 60 minutes producer that brought out the Abu Garib story in March also brought out Rathergate as well (Mary Mapes). Nice sources she has.

so.cal.fan
09-16-2004, 06:18 PM
Yes, you did, Elk.
Despite all the scandals, rumors of scandals, fake scandals...etc....there are some VOTERS who will not vote for John Kerry, for the simple reason they don't like "something" about him.
A friend of mine who is a Hospice RN, never pays any attention to politics......doesn't watch TV news, except by accident, if someone else has a TV on in the room.....doesn't read papers.......never, never discusses politics...........
She does always vote, however. I asked her who she was voting for in the presidential election.
Her reply "oh, the Bush administration".......I asked "why", she replied " I don't like the looks of John Kerry, he reminds me of a cad"
She has already made up her mind.......no facts, opinions, or events will change her vote. She picks horses like this, as well.
There you go.........LOL

kenwoodallpromos
09-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Smart lady- she probably noticed him always looking around like he is seeing how people are reacting to him. Most shady guys do that.

Secretariat
09-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
After months of the kerry camp slamming Bush, I like how what goes around comes around. I think Kerry ha talked himself out of the presidency

Mcshell,

You've got to be kidding me.

After the contiunal attack ads on Kerry, you state the kerry camp bashing Bush....

Why is it OK for Bush to continually attack Kerry, but when kerry brings up Bush's RECORD on jobs, his "miscalculations" in Iraq, his poor record on the environment, he's the bad guy?

Bush has played the flip flop slogan, and began the attack ads including not denouncing the Swift Boat ads. I challenge you to go to the initial ads for each candidate, and look who began negative. I challenge you to compare the transcipts of speeches made by Bush and Cheney to those of Kerry and Edwards and find who began these attacks. I think you might be quite surprised.

Tom
09-16-2004, 10:55 PM
You are Dan Rather, aren't you?!

ElKabong
09-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat

Bush has played the flip flop slogan, and began the attack ads including not denouncing the Swift Boat ads.

GWB's words last month.."i denounce ALL 527 ads".

Did you want him to denounce ONLY the swifts ads? The ones who've proven Kerry wrong on multiple accounts of his?

JustRalph
09-17-2004, 12:31 AM
Moveon.org started this crap..........I predicted this stuff months back. Remember, Mr. Mcain's new law was going to save us from this.......... I was against McCain Feingold because it set us all up for this crap...........

WALLENDA
09-17-2004, 04:24 AM
Bush will win.....

Kerry is not presidential material, neither is that lamer VP candidate he has....

No matter what the media tells you, or what nonsense you see or read online... Bush will win...

CryingForTheHorses
09-17-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Mcshell,

You've got to be kidding me.

After the contiunal attack ads on Kerry, you state the kerry camp bashing Bush....

Why is it OK for Bush to continually attack Kerry, but when kerry brings up Bush's RECORD on jobs, his "miscalculations" in Iraq, his poor record on the environment, he's the bad guy?

Bush has played the flip flop slogan, and began the attack ads including not denouncing the Swift Boat ads. I challenge you to go to the initial ads for each candidate, and look who began negative. I challenge you to compare the transcipts of speeches made by Bush and Cheney to those of Kerry and Edwards and find who began these attacks. I think you might be quite surprised.

Sec!

I listen to a radio show called Schnitt happens,They always have a clip or two of either Bush or Kerry bashing each other.Yes I do remember way back before the heated debate even began, Bush did say Kerry was wrong for the counntry..But Kerry also said Bush was wrong for the country..Im really just saying what I hear and not tryng to think I know politics, If I could vote I would vote for Bush, ONLY because he needs to see this war finished.I dont think Kerry would have the same pistol at the hip attitude that Bush has.Lots of lost jobs yes!!..BUT didnt 911 have more to do with that then Bush? Correct me if Im wrong.

Derek2U
09-17-2004, 08:19 AM
I agree Bush will probly win but I think Edwards is very OK.
Bush is spin meister & maybe Cheney hid the WMDs in his chest
with all those stents.

Secretariat
09-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Sec!

I listen to a radio show called Schnitt happens,They always have a clip or two of either Bush or Kerry bashing each other.Yes I do remember way back before the heated debate even began, Bush did say Kerry was wrong for the counntry..But Kerry also said Bush was wrong for the country..Im really just saying what I hear and not tryng to think I know politics, If I could vote I would vote for Bush, ONLY because he needs to see this war finished.I dont think Kerry would have the same pistol at the hip attitude that Bush has.Lots of lost jobs yes!!..BUT didnt 911 have more to do with that then Bush? Correct me if Im wrong.

McShell, I appreciate your posts. They are open.

I don't know who Schnitt is and am not a fan of talk radio as its purpose is mostly sensationalism, and emotionalism.

I think if you really do research on these ads by the candidates, you'll see that the bashing began with Bush. JR, makes a good point that Moveon.org did do ads criticizing the Bush campaign, but many of those were BEFORE Kerry had even received the nomination. The Kerry campaign attempted to keep the campaign clean initially UNTIL the Swift Boat ads came out despite Bush running attack ads even prior to the DNC Convention.

I suggest you research it for yourself despite what partisans say here. I agree both are now in the bashing stage. I guess I'm OK if the intent is to show HONESTLY the records of each candidate, but many ads are soundbites with many facts left out.

As to Bush needing to finish the war, I suggest you read the transcript of the recent Senate hearings with Republican Hagel, Republican Lugar, and Democrat Biden to get an idea about how the war is going. As Republican Hagel said "I hope there is no grand illusion that we are winning."

The Bush adminstration has tried to sugar coat the war implying we are "winning", an "election" is gonna happen in January, that "we have turned the corner." But look at the facts out of that Seante hearing - As to winning, look at Hagel and Lugar's testimony, both say we are "not winning" and that they cannot see how an election can be held in Janaury as large parts of the country are controlled by insurgencies. This is not Kerry stating this or even Biden, but conservative Republicans. As to turning the corner; by Secretary of State Rumsfeld's own asessments four times as many insurgents are in Iraq today as when "Mission Accomplished" took place.

I remember Vietnam. I remember the incompetence of the South Vietnam soldier. I remember a decade of war, and we were no closer to winning at the end than at the beginning. This war is even more costly, and stability in Iraq is a long way off while at the same time according to Secretary Colin Powell terrorism has expanded internationally since invasion of Iraq.

I think the feeling that we have not yet been hit again in the US makes us think that terrosism has declined, but as Powell has said, it hasn't. In fact it has increased worldwide. Our nation is continually put on alert, our allies have not funded our war on terrorism except for a very small amount, US soldiers represent 90% of casualties in this war. I guess I'm a little tired of the "pistol at the hip" attitude you mention as it seems to be creating a deeper and deeper quagmire. We need multilaterialsm in this fight. We can't keep alienating the world. We need leaders who "use their brain' instead of swagger talk (especially when the swaggerers children are not doing the actual fighting)

911 created a mess, no doubt about that. But a couple of points on 911. 1) The Bush economy was already heading downward pre-911 (the righties wil blame it on Clinton despite 8 years of growth of course); 2) 911 does not explain the expansion of "outsourcing" in this country and which has been heralded by Bush's Secretary of Treasury as a good thing for Americans.

I suggest you read the Investors Awareness article I posted under The Bush Economy, and read the transcript of the Hagel-Lugar-Biden Senate hearings on Iraq. Both are eye-openers. Try not to get caught in the sound bite ads but do your own research.

Frankly, John Kerry saved two man's life - a solderi Rasmussen in Nam, and a Republican Senator from choking to death. George Bush has never done anything remotely like that except to "sound" tough. I trust Kerry, and think he is the best candidate I have ever voted for over the last thirty plus years.

I appreciate your honesty though.

chickenhead
09-17-2004, 02:00 PM
I read your article on the economy Secretariat. I don't see anything that makes me think Kerry will be any better than Bush in solving real long term economic problems.

Do you have some arguments you want to make on how Kerry will help solve the problems outlined in that article?

kenwoodallpromos
09-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Bush not bashing swiftboat ads- Sec, why don't you lie and blast Bush for not invidually criticizing each prisoner executed while he was governor? Makes as little common sense as you do.
This is one reason I always appear to be pro-Bush, even though I am not- because libs like you will always keep lying, denying discussion and free speech, and keeping pulling this country in 1 direction even though it is obvious by polls and observation the vast majority are middle of the road on almost all issues.
I would rather have Nader in office, but your assinine opinion about nothing Bush ever does or says is liberal enough to suit your type, so you just plain decide to hate everything about him unfairly. (Midwest only votes for white male europeans, like Clinton-Gore) (If you call me a racist or sexist you will be a liar; I am a realist).
Then you idiot demos nominate jerk Demos with no chance of winning, like women, Jews, Senators, VP's, persons with foreign sounding names, and persons openly supported by Commies and terrorists, and pure libs who committ war crimes.
Then you whine and bitch and blame everyone else when the people you do not like get favored by those who defeat your type.
Then you guys blame dead Lincoln for not giving away enough freebees to freeloaders after the govt gives 160 homestead act 1868 acres to all Willing to Work for it!
If you are looking for someone to blame for ther US govt not giving you and your buddies everything weird whacky onesided thing your little liberal heart desires, look in the mirror.
I do political petitioning in Alameda; that means I work for what I believe in whether it is lib or rightwing, as long as it is good. Do something or do nothing, that is America,

chickenhead
09-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Alright Ken! What a great post!

betchatoo
09-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by chickenhead
Alright Ken! What a great post!

A great post? Actually he sounded like Derek's conservative brother

chickenhead
09-17-2004, 02:27 PM
i liked it.....fiery....I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

CryingForTheHorses
09-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Damn Ken!!

Ill bet you looked like Elton John hammering out that post! On the keyboard!

JustRalph
09-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by betchatoo
A great post? Actually he sounded like Derek's conservative brother

Now that is funny! :D

JustRalph
09-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Damn Ken!!

Ill bet you looked like Elton John hammering out that post! On the keyboard!

Was he wearing a feather boa and shiny sparkly glasses?

Secretariat
09-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by chickenhead
I read your article on the economy Secretariat. I don't see anything that makes me think Kerry will be any better than Bush in solving real long term economic problems.

Do you have some arguments you want to make on how Kerry will help solve the problems outlined in that article?

Be glad to respond.

1. Bush has presided over biggest job loss of any President
2. Bush's Secy. of Treasury says outsourcing is good for America
3. Bush has proposed locking in a tax break which primarily benefits the rich in this coutry which has helped lead to the largest deficits our nation has ever seen. Money by the way borrowed from Red China, a communit nation.
4. When adjusted for inflation, the median wage since his election has dropped meaning jobs that are being created can't even keep up with inflation.
5. Our technolgy sector lead by Blue Chips IBM and Microsoft are well below their 2001 levels while Exxon shows signficant increases.
6. The Iraq war has no end in sight with the recent Senate Hearings indicating that a civil war in Iraq in 2005 is a real possilbility. Bush's failure to include other nations has expanded the need for US Taxpayers to pay for almost all of the Iraqi war.
7. Medical costs have gone through the roof, and this admin has done nothing to contain them.

So it's a disaster. So with bush assume more of the same. THat is HIS record.

What will Kerry do? And by the way, you can't UNDO this mess in one or two years, even in four years. But look at Kerry's propsals.

1. Recoup revenue from the biggest beneficiaries of that tax cut. Those making over 200,000. That begins to start recouping money to begin to reduce the deficit.
2. Enact legislation that helps companies who keep jobs in America and provides tax benefits for those firms that DO not outsource. Currently, legislation benefits some companies that outsource. I think this is a huge difference. Bush will do nothing. Kerry wants to stop the bleeding of good paying jobs to other countries.
3. Kerry has promised to cut the deficit in half during his term. Bush has not made that pledge. Going by what Bush HAS done expect the deficit to triple in four more years. There are numerous ways to do that. Gain mroe revenue via the tax rise on the 200,000+ club. Gain support from allies to help pay for Iraq which is a huge burden. Get medical costs and energy under control. Grow the economy by getting Americans good paying jobs which stimulate the economy.
4. We've go to recover those tech jobs, AND invest in new technologies.
5. A conflict of interest exists between the oil industry and this pres and VP and the stock performance those oil firms show when comparing the Exons to the IBMS and Microsofts.
6. This is a biggie. Bush is hated around the world. He will never be able to get funding or other countries to join in payment. He is one of those most hated American Presidents of all time in polls abroad. Kerry has a chance of reopening those doors to other countries so we don't have to pay for this alone.
7. A 17% Medicare Premium increase on retired seniors doesn't address the problem. Bush wants to blame it on tort reform, but the truth us less medical malpractice suits were filed last year than in the Clinton years when medical costs remained relatively stable comparatively.

Now, does Kerry have all the answers. No, of course not. He's provided some of his ideas on how to turn things around. We already know Bush's performance. Thinking it will get better with more of the same is wishful thinking.

Personally, I think whoever wins, America is in for a rough time of it in 2005 and 2006 as the article showed, but I beleive Kerry's proposals at least show a way to begin reversing the trend towards massive deficits and arriving at a resolution in Iraq.

Secretariat
09-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Ken,

I appreciated the passion. Not sure what you're saying, but it was passionate.

Let's see if I understand. Something about libs nominating candidates who can't win like jews and women, and something about lincoln and the homestead act.

Not quite sure how that related to my previous post, but it did sound a little like a Bernie Taupin lyric for Elton John. Sounds good, but what the heck did he say/sing?

Tom
09-17-2004, 09:02 PM
If you supplement your liberal-issued education, you would understand Ken's post. It was very insightful, and very true.
I know you will be able to get it if you read it as a link....so here...have at it:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14887&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

kenwoodallpromos
09-18-2004, 01:00 PM
From search engine, Kerry Bush; found on CNN website.
(Who started the bashing? Who started bragging about Kerry in Vietnam? Who is living in the past?). (Bush's first ads were to his base with positives about his leadership):

Bush vs. Kerry war begins in earnest
Edwards withdraws, endorses 'my friend John Kerry'
Wednesday, March 3, 2004 Posted: 10:32 PM EST (0332 GMT)

****• Bush's ads target conservatives

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- His virtual knockout success on Super Tuesday behind him, and the men who were once his rivals now among his most prominent supporters, Sen. John Kerry put all his focus Wednesday on the head-to-head matchup against President Bush for the White House.

"We're going to reach out to America on basic common sense, and we're going to have a conversation about how we really make this nation of ours stronger and safer and how we keep the promise to the American people,"Kerry told a crowd Wednesday at a town hall meeting in Orlando, Florida -- a key battleground state in the presidential race.

It was his first campaign stop after sweeping nine out of 10 states Tuesday, virtually locking up the Democratic nomination.

"When the returns came in, and I stood up there last night, I knew I was coming to Orlando, my first instinct was to say to everybody, 'Guess where I'm going tomorrow. I'm going to Disney World,' " he joked to laughter and applause. "But I resisted the temptation."

Being the presumptive nominee means it's time to find a running mate. In a written statement, the Kerry campaign announced that the search will be headed by Jim Johnson, a Washington businessman and civic leader.

"Kerry's swift action in beginning this process to select a running mate indicates what type of president the nation can expect -- decisive, focused and ready to lead," Johnson said in the statement. "I very much look forward to being part of the team that will bring change to America."

Sen. John Edwards, who was fighting Kerry for the nomination, praised "my friend John Kerry whom I know very well" during a speech in his home state of North Carolina Wednesday.

The senator said Kerry was someone "who has fought for and will continue to fight for the things that all of us believe in, more jobs, better health care, cleaner air, cleaner water, a safer world."

"********************He showed the strength, the resilience, the courage he has shown his entire life when he fought for us and for our country in Vietnam -- he's done it all throughout this campaign," Edwards told his cheering supporters.

"The truth of the matter is John Kerry has what it matters right here," Edwards said pointing to his chest, "to be president of the United States. And I, for one, intend to do everything in my power to make him the next president of the United States. And I ask you to join me in this cause.

Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, who stopped campaigning two weeks ago, nonetheless won the primary in his home state, thereby prohibiting a Kerry Super Tuesday sweep. Dean has long said he would help the Democratic nominee.

For Kerry, being relieved of a primary battle came just in time. The re-election campaign for Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney will unleash $4.5 million in advertising in key battleground states Thursday, citing the president's "leadership in times of change." That sum is a small part of a campaign war chest that totals more than $140 million.

The Kerry campaign has a fraction of that amount. (Full story)

"George Bush has about $200 million and he's going to start advertising tomorrow," Kerry said at the town hall meeting in Orlando. "We need to be able to answer him."

Calling on Democrats across the country to pledge as much as they can, he said, "We can fight back and reclaim our democracy in the United States of America. So let's go make it happen."

****************Kerry was joined in Orlando by Democratic Sens. Bob Graham and Bill Nelson, whom he called "living testimony to what happens in Florida when you count all the votes" --************ a reference to the dispute over certain votes not being counted in 2000.

kenwoodallpromos
09-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Excerpt from Demo convention:

You said the Republican Party was the party of Lincoln and Frederick Douglass. It is true that Mr. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, after which there was a commitment to give 40 acres and a mule.

That's where the argument, to this day, of reparations starts. We never got the 40 acres. We went all the way to Herbert Hoover, and we never got the 40 acres.

We didn't get the mule. So we decided we'd ride this donkey as far as it would take us.
Abraham Lincoln was called the Great Emancipator because his proclamation of 1862 gave freedom to the slaves. In that same year, he signed another extremely important document that gave land to free men. No single act had more effect on the Middle West and Great Plains than the Homestead Act of May 20, 1862. It brought tens of thousands of land-hungry settlers to the region that was to become the nation's breadbasket.
Millions of acres from the public domain became available. Under this law heads of families had only to pay a small filing fee and live upon and cultivate their 160 acres for five years. For some the rigors of frontier life were too great, but many others replaced the prairie grasses with grain, and built homes, often of sod, on land of their own.
*********Sorry, no mule. Just 160 acres if you worked for it.

kenwoodallpromos
09-18-2004, 01:22 PM
Excerpt from Kerry's acceptance speech:

(APPLAUSE)

When I came to the Senate, I broke with many in my own party to vote for a balanced budget, because I thought it was the right thing to do. I fought to put 100,000 police officers on the streets of America.

And then I reached out across the aisle with John McCain to work to find the truth about our POWs and missing in action and to finally make peace in Vietnam.
_______
Why didn't he say he wnated to be judged by his Vietnam record?

Kerry Asks FEC for Recount Advice
Associated Press

by Sharon Theimer

Support this effort.
contribute today

Washington, DC - Election Day is several weeks away, but Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's campaign is already considering its fund-raising options should Kerry or President Bush pursue a recount like the famous Florida ballot dispute in 2000.

The Kerry-Edwards campaign is asking the Federal Election Commission for guidance on how it could raise money to cover any recount costs, including whether it could use a legal compliance fund it is tapping to pay campaign lawyers and finance other legal and accounting costs. The FEC is expected to rule by the end of the month.

In 2000, Bush and Democratic rival Al Gore could raise unlimited donations from individuals to cover their recount expenses. However, corporate and union contributions to their recount funds were banned.

***Bush voluntarily limited his recount donations to $5,000 each and raised nearly $14 million. ****Gore took unlimited donations and spent about $3.2 million on the recount.

Since then, Congress passed a law that bars presidential and congressional candidates from raising corporate, union or unlimited donations for election costs, allowing them to collect only limited contributions from individuals.

The FEC has not yet said how the soft-money ban applies to recount fund raising.

Depending how the commission answers Kerry's question, legal compliance funds financed with limited individual donations could be one way for the candidates to cover any recount costs.

Kerry's compliance fund had about $1.5 million on hand as August began, while Bush's had about $4.4 million, their most recent reports to the FEC show.

The only contributions Kerry and Bush can accept are those for their legal compliance funds. Both took full government financing for their general-election campaigns, putting a stop to their use of private money for campaign costs after their presidential nominating conventions earlier this summer.

kenwoodallpromos
09-18-2004, 01:46 PM
"Re-Beat Bush"

Quantity in Basket:none
Code: D524
Price:$2.00

Shipping Weight: 0.02 pounds
_______________-
Still living in the past!

Tom
09-18-2004, 04:23 PM
They got their donkey....Al Sharpton is thiers and he is an ass.