PDA

View Full Version : Runhappy, the documentary...

MargieRose
11-09-2018, 12:33 AM
One of my all-time favorites! Found him early-on at Turfway Park, and although running very green, he sure got my attention.

https://youtu.be/5mE0jGV45Ak

https://twitter.com/TVG/status/1060325416559431681

Brass Hat
11-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing it. You never hear about that horse any more.

dilanesp
11-09-2018, 11:01 AM

Yeah. Not at all. They should sponsor some NYRA stakes or something.

SG4
11-09-2018, 04:02 PM
Looks like his weanlings were selling quite nicely this week so that advertising is paying off perhaps. His debut race is one of my all-time faves to watch

bobphilo
11-11-2018, 04:07 PM

Really? They run ads for him all the time on TVG showing him racing and now his foals.

bobphilo
11-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Yeah. Not at all. They should sponsor some NYRA stakes or something.

I think the Travers is sponsored by him. It's even called the Runhappy Travers.
I was a big fan of his. It's a shame he went off form in his comeback races. They were even pointing him towards the BC Classic.

SG4
11-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Really? They run ads for him all the time on TVG showing him racing and now his foals.

This is why we need a font to show sarcasm

picojim
11-11-2018, 10:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBkSmA4N-ec&t=278s

bobphilo
11-11-2018, 11:23 PM
This is why we need a font to show sarcasm

Tell me about it. That's why I never text. Give me a real human voice where I can detect tones anytime.

ZippyChippy423
11-13-2018, 10:50 PM
This is a serious question so I won’t even mention her name because I believe it’s forbidden on here. My question is does MB have anything to do with how successful Run Happy was? Does she have anything to do with how successful this horse has been marketed?

castaway01
11-13-2018, 11:32 PM
Tell me about it. That's why I never text. Give me a real human voice where I can detect tones anytime.

Yeah, imagine if you had nearly 2000 posts on a medium where everything went by how you interpreted text with no tone. That would be really crazy. Good thing you're steering clear of that texting.

(That was sarcasm.)

davew
08-05-2019, 04:45 PM
This is a serious question so I won’t even mention her name because I believe it’s forbidden on here. My question is does MB have anything to do with how successful Run Happy was? Does she have anything to do with how successful this horse has been marketed?

I would say no, some horses are great despite what connections do.

A 28 minute show on youtube, linked a couple posts above by picojim.

dilanesp
08-05-2019, 07:36 PM

My guess is (1) Borell was a perfectly competent at training a good horse; (2) many other people, given the opportunity to train a good horse, would probably also do a good job at it, though some might screw it up; and (3) obviously whatever Borell's talents as a horsewoman, her conduct speaks for itself.

Fager Fan
08-06-2019, 10:00 AM

:lol:

Fager Fan
08-06-2019, 10:03 AM

Most trainers will tell you that the easiest horses to train are often the best ones. They're already good, already talented, nothing to particularly figure out with them. It's not as though MB was the horse's trainer from the beginning either.

I have no idea what you even mean about the marketing question. What does she have to do with his marketing?

garyscpa
08-06-2019, 10:34 PM
My guess is (1) Borell was a perfectly competent at training a good horse; (2) many other people, given the opportunity to train a good horse, would probably also do a good job at it, though some might screw it up; and (3) obviously whatever Borell's talents as a horsewoman, her conduct speaks for itself.

What did you say at the time after her claim of 10% of the B.C. winnings?

dilanesp
08-07-2019, 01:04 AM
What did you say at the time after her claim of 10% of the B.C. winnings?

I thought it was potentially valid. Of course, at that point, we didn't know about the allegations of criminal conduct.

burnsy
08-13-2019, 10:18 AM

Yeah, it’s never mentioned. I’m ready to jump ! They are changing the name of the Tappenzee Bridge.