PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Keeps Crashing After 9/11.

Equineer
09-15-2004, 07:08 PM
After 9/11, domestic airlines tanked and cancelled so many orders that Boeing had to cut its American work force in half. Later, the government bailed out the airlines with $5-billion, but not much of this went back to Boeing. For example, with $400-million in bailout money from the government, Northwest Airlines bought 26 new Airbus jets from Europe instead of re-activating even one of their cancelled orders with Boeing.

Lou Dobbs on CNN interviewed Boeing about outsourcing. He was told that other countries now demand that Boeing must build a specified percentage of each new plane outside of the United States. For example, the Japanese airlines demand that about 40% of each new plane must be built by Japanese companies.

Even if Bush is smarter than Kerry, we are still in big trouble.

Secretariat
09-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Equineer

Even if Bush is smarter than Kerry....

Ya gotta be kidding me?...This is a joke right?

JustRalph
09-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Ya gotta be kidding me?...This is a joke right?
I don't know Sec..........you think?

Kerry's contacts tried to get him into Harvard and couldn't get it done. Bush got in and got an MBA.

Your hero Al Gore Flunked out of Divinity school...... It seems that the Harvard MBA looks pretty damn good compared to your last two Candidates..............

Secretariat
09-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Obviously JR, you missed my post about the Harvard Professor's recollection on Bush.

As Mrs. Knox said, He doesn't beleive he has to play by the rules the same as the rest of us.

Tom
09-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Want to talk about stupid?
Who was "Jenjus Kahn? The brother of Ghengis Kahn? The cousin of Fiber Con, who was he?
"WE ACTED LIKE JENJUS KKKAHN BEFORE WE ACTED LIKE GHENGIS KHAN. NOW WE NEED FIBER CON BECAUSE WE ARE SO FULL OF ......."

schweitz
09-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Equineer

Lou Dobbs on CNN interviewed Boeing about outsourcing. He was told that other countries now demand that Boeing must build a specified percentage of each new plane outside of the United States. For example, the Japanese airlines demand that about 40% of each new plane must be built by Japanese companies.

Lockheed in Fort Worth has had the same kind of contracts in place for over a decade on planes sold to foreign countries.

Secretariat
09-16-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
It seems that the Harvard MBA looks pretty damn good

After reading this I wonder how GW got that MBA....

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/09/16/tsurumi/index_np.html

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they would have written an article about a non-partisan professor who recalls GWB as a normal hard working student.....yeah....whatever....