PDA

View Full Version : BC Mile winning jockey Dettori suspicious hand off and gallop out?!?!

Cuffdaddy
11-03-2018, 04:09 PM
On NBC feed of gallop out Dettori clearly hands something to fellow jock Atzeni. Watched it numerous times but it is definitely suspicious. Sure someone can post the video. Hope it was not a buzzer not sure what else it could be. A wedding ring?

Tom
11-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Congratulations between riders. :rolleyes:

Cuffdaddy
11-03-2018, 05:23 PM
You may be right, I keep replaying it and in slow motion and I cannot see anything in her hand. Odd handshake however. Dettori has been involved in the unsavory.

Cuffdaddy
11-03-2018, 05:24 PM
The eye roll got me.

papillon
11-03-2018, 08:52 PM
On NBC feed of gallop out Dettori clearly hands something to fellow jock Atzeni. Watched it numerous times but it is definitely suspicious. Sure someone can post the video. Hope it was not a buzzer not sure what else it could be. A wedding ring?

Ryan Moore's hand was full of whip and Frankie Dettori's hand was open flat palm down.

Which horse do you feel Enable cheated out of a win today?

Cuffdaddy
11-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Ryan Moore's hand was full of whip and Frankie Dettori's hand was open flat palm down.

Which horse do you feel Enable cheated out of a win today?

Do not remember saying anything about Enable. Saw it live and it looked like something was exchanged is all. No whip in Ryan Moore's left hand either it was on his right side.

PIC6SIX
11-04-2018, 01:20 AM
I watched the replay 3 times with my eye on Frankie all the way. Just watch how he works the horse from the top of the stretch to the finish. His body is coordinated with the stride movement of the horse as if they are one unit. Just watch Frankie work the horse and get the max out of the steed. In my opinion he is just the best. No need for a gad, he is just a BIG Time rider. My hat is off to Frankie.

SG4
11-04-2018, 01:04 AM

My first thought after seeing Dettori share congratulations after his victory was hmm, I wonder which idiot will go online first to mention this "suspicious" activity of giving a high five, fist bump or handshake. Save the conspiracy theories for situations that warrant them.

Cuffdaddy
11-04-2018, 06:44 AM
My first thought after seeing Dettori share congratulations after his victory was hmm, I wonder which idiot will go online first to mention this "suspicious" activity of giving a high five, fist bump or handshake. Save the conspiracy theories for situations that warrant them.

Watch the gallop out big man on Eagle Eye. If your first thought was what idiot is going to bring up suspicious activity then that is your issue. Watched races for over 40 years and this caught my attention. Not a conspiracy theorist, thought it looked questionable. Save your insults.

snappit
11-04-2018, 07:17 AM
I can't believe anyone would even raise this as an issue. These are friends and ride against each other all the time. It's commonplace in the UK for jockeys to shake hands after a big race.

If you want to see something questionable look at Soumillons disgusting ride on Thunder Snow.

bobphilo
11-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Do not remember saying anything about Enable. Saw it live and it looked like something was exchanged is all. No whip in Ryan Moore's left hand either it was on his right side.

Dettori was on Moore's right and he held out his open left hand for a shake or bump. Moore then held out his right hand holding a whip and Dettori clasp it from the top. Nothing was exchanged. Why the hell would he pass anything so obviously in front of everyone on world wide camera? Plus Dettori on the best horse does not need anything extra to win. Do you think he would risk his career so stupidly?

Bennie
11-04-2018, 09:30 AM
That is the way they do it in Europe. It's called respect and sportsmanship. Not like that video that was posted a while back with the 2 jocks throwing down.

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2018, 01:46 PM
I was watching...and when I saw that, I said damn, that looked bad...

Looked just like the Gary Stevens / Pat Day "handshake" in the 1995 Derby.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1995-05-28-9505280006-story.html

And btw, it's not just that they simply shook hands or high-fived. I've seen PLENTY of jocks do that and thought nothing of it...

It's this PARTICULAR one (and the 1995 Derby) that doesn't look good.

ronsmac
11-05-2018, 12:39 AM
I just watched it. That's one weird handshake.

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2018, 01:01 AM
And btw, I'm not saying anything untoward happened...I'm just saying, it didn't look GOOD to this observer.

SG4
11-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Watch the gallop out big man on Eagle Eye. If your first thought was what idiot is going to bring up suspicious activity then that is your issue. Watched races for over 40 years and this caught my attention. Not a conspiracy theorist, thought it looked questionable. Save your insults.

I did watch the gallop out, if I'm gonna comment on something it's going to be informed. Your choice of words in saying he "clearly hands" something over makes me worry about your judgment on any topic, I don't care how long you've been watching races.

Is the interaction somewhat awkward looking, yes, now I've never done it myself but I imagine when you're galloping next to someone at still a decent rate of speed with a whip in one hand I imagine an attempt at a high five/handshake whatever may not be the smoothest looking thing in the world.

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2018, 12:12 PM
After what happened in the 1995 Derby, one would think jocks would know better...

how cliche
11-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Watched the gallop out because of this thread. You should instantly acquit Dettori because his palm is empty and open for the world to see. It's the runner up rider with stick in hand. Then again, that one was thumping right handed through the drive, so it makes sense. Next?

bobphilo
11-05-2018, 08:03 PM
I don't see how it could look suspicious. Dettori reached over with his open palmed left hand to offer a handshake/high5. Moore, his right hand holding a whip, could only offer his clenched hand holding the whip which Dettori clasped.
How could that even look the slightest bit suspicious?

How should the jockeys know better than to try to shake hands because there was an allegedly suspicious handshake way back in the 1995 Ky Derby? They probably never even heard about the non incident.

ronsmac
11-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Watched the gallop out because of this thread. You should instantly acquit Dettori because his palm is empty and open for the world to see. It's the runner up rider with stick in hand. Then again, that one was thumping right handed through the drive, so it makes sense. Next?You're looking at the Turf. The incident happened in the Mile.

Cuffdaddy
11-07-2018, 09:23 PM
I did watch the gallop out, if I'm gonna comment on something it's going to be informed. Your choice of words in saying he "clearly hands" something over makes me worry about your judgment on any topic, I don't care how long you've been watching races.

Is the interaction somewhat awkward looking, yes, now I've never done it myself but I imagine when you're galloping next to someone at still a decent rate of speed with a whip in one hand I imagine an attempt at a high five/handshake whatever may not be the smoothest looking thing in the world.

I agree with you that I should not of said "clearly hands", that was over the top, I did believe the entire exchange was worth a look and should of left it at that.

Cuffdaddy
11-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Dettori was on Moore's right and he held out his open left hand for a shake or bump. Moore then held out his right hand holding a whip and Dettori clasp it from the top. Nothing was exchanged. Why the hell would he pass anything so obviously in front of everyone on world wide camera? Plus Dettori on the best horse does not need anything extra to win. Do you think he would risk his career so stupidly?

You are looking at the wrong race. It was Dettori mount on Eagle Eye. The race you are referring to and the congrats came immediately after the wire.

stlseeeek
11-11-2018, 12:51 AM

If after a horse race, you actually took time to worry about what people would post on a message board, yikes, maybe go outside more.