PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic

Tom
10-26-2018, 09:11 AM
PA posted in a now closed thread:

This entire section of PA is nothing but a joke these days. I keep saying this, and I know people don't think I'll ever do it, but shutting off-topic down seems super-appealing to me.

So do it already.
OR, make a rule - NO politics, NO religion.
CJ used to have that rule on his old Pacefigures site and it worked good.

His OT was a bunch of horse players, as opposed to whatever walks in the front door dragging their knuckles.

Help with computers, humor, questions about travel, cities, movies, tracks.....lots of good stuff goes on in OT but is dwarfed by the mostly non-horse posters.

Or just move the whole thing to the VIP section.

ElKabong
10-26-2018, 10:04 AM
Mary S did the same thing on the old del mar board. The forum basically died after that. This forum is different, too many long time posters with racing interest. It would run just fine without OT

There are a lot of boards offering political discussion. Posters that don't know what they're talking about (false info, consistently wrong or twisting facts) are usually ignored altogether and die on the vine. Don't know why this place is different, but (a) it's not hurting anything or any one and (b) certain posters here will always draw negative reactions from others given the discourse.

It's a forum, don't take it so seriously. World peace doesn't hinge on anyone here....If the Mod does take it seriously then things change. Either way, life goes on.

jimmyb
10-26-2018, 10:28 AM

So do it already.

His OT was a bunch of horse players, as opposed to whatever walks in the front door dragging their knuckles.

Help with computers, humor, questions about travel, cities, movies, tracks.....lots of good stuff goes on in OT but is dwarfed by the mostly non-horse posters.

Most posting in off topic never post in the racing forums. Wonder how many here in OT actually play the races.

ElKabong
10-26-2018, 10:48 AM
I rarely post in racing or handicapping threads. Yet I go to the lone star park race book 3 or 4 times a week. We have all types here.

jimmyb
10-26-2018, 11:15 AM
I rarely post in racing or handicapping threads. Yet I go to the lone star park race book 3 or 4 times a week. We have all types here.

I was a backstretch worker in my teens and the game got into my blood. I have enjoyed the decades of amateur handicapper but always wished I'd have seized one of the many opportunities the industry threw my way. Had a farrier willing to teach me, worked as a groom but I really wanted to train and drive (harness). Didn't stick around long enough to find out.

One of the many regrets I've picked up along this journey.

Nutz and Boltz
10-26-2018, 12:09 PM
Off topic should be discontinued right after Election day. After that we will know how the country stands politically and should all hold our peace. Get on with our lives. Fighting about politics is just a waste of time and fosters people like this 50 yr old bomb scare idiot in Florida.

GaryG
10-26-2018, 12:12 PM
I was a backstretch worker in my teens and the game got into my blood. I have enjoyed the decades of amateur handicapper but always wished I'd have seized one of the many opportunities the industry threw my way. Had a farrier willing to teach me, worked as a groom but I really wanted to train and drive (harness). Didn't stick around long enough to find out.

One of the many regrets I've picked up along this journey.When I was in college in CA I became acquainted with Farrell Jones and his son Gary, who was my age and just learning the ropes. I helped around the barn and walked some hots until I graduated, but I was more interested in betting. Farrell was one tough SOB, but he was a first rate horseman.

Greyfox
10-26-2018, 12:26 PM
Close Off Topic if you don't mind the impact it would have on decreasing the number of visitors to the site and subsequently decreased advertising credit.

Clocker
10-26-2018, 12:30 PM
Off topic should be discontinued right after Election day. ...Get on with our lives.

And what prevents you from doing that now? :rolleyes:

boxcar
10-26-2018, 12:49 PM

Don't you know: It takes a village? :coffee:

barahona44
10-26-2018, 01:01 PM
Close Off Topic if you don't mind the impact it would have on decreasing the number of visitors to the site and subsequently decreased advertising credit.

The man speaketh the truth

Clocker
10-26-2018, 02:45 PM
Don't you know: It takes a village...
...to build a herd.

Nutz and Boltz
10-26-2018, 02:56 PM

I have moved on, I was suggesting others do the same. I refuse to talk to anyone about politics.

Clocker
10-26-2018, 03:00 PM
I have moved on, I was suggesting others do the same. I refuse to talk to anyone about politics.
And you just want to cut them off cold turkey, you heartless beast? :eek:

boxcar
10-26-2018, 03:34 PM
...to build a herd.

...or to kick a habit. I mean...what do you think AA is all about? :coffee:

Tom
10-26-2018, 04:07 PM
Don't you know: It takes a village? :coffee:

Some threads, a village IDIOT.

hcap
10-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Close Off Topic if you don't mind the impact it would have on decreasing the number of visitors to the site and subsequently decreased advertising credit.OT continued thru anti-Bush, and ant-Obama.

Why are you gents so sensitive about anti-Trump?

Tom
10-26-2018, 04:15 PM
For YOU, closing OT would be like GOLLUM losing his RING!

thaskalos
10-26-2018, 04:26 PM
If the off-topics were closed down...would we talk more about the horses? If we no longer argued about politics...would we start talking about other things, which we may actually KNOW something about? If I was sure that the answer to these questions was a "YES"...then I would suggest the idea that the off-topics here should go through a major renovation. But I think that the answer to this question is a "NO"...and feel that tampering in a big way with the off-topics will alienate a lot of posters who come here solely for the political arguments that we get into here.

Tom
10-26-2018, 04:32 PM
The problem seems to with those who come here solely to START the arguments.

hcap
10-26-2018, 04:36 PM
For YOU, closing OT would be like GOLLUM losing his RING!You are oblivious to your own hysterical love affair with King Donal The False, as most of OT is.

Closing OT might give you some relief as the King gets de-throned. The truth scares the shit out of you and your buddies

hcap
10-26-2018, 04:38 PM
The problem seems to with those who come here solely to START the arguments.The argument started 1/20/2017

Buckeye
10-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Dealing with an unreasonable argument is best done by throwing it back in their face.

At times I become unreasonable on purpose, that's the best way to do it in my opinion given the unreasonableness.

I vote for eliminating all Political Discussion on this Board.

JustRalph
10-26-2018, 05:33 PM
Close the horse racing side.

Nothing left to talk about

Tom
10-26-2018, 05:33 PM
The argument started 1/20/2017

BS - it STARTED back with W.
The left - led by YOU - totally obsessed about it. Post after post of the same BS you spew today.

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2018, 06:05 PM
OT continued thru anti-Bush, and ant-Obama.

Why are you gents so sensitive about anti-Trump?It has never been this disrespectful or disgusting or disturbing....EVER...NOT EVER EVER

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSH

Lemon Drop Husker
10-26-2018, 06:11 PM
It has never been this disrespectful or disgusting or disturbing....EVER...NOT EVER EVER

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSH

Little doubt that Trump sparks emotional responses on both sides. And PA is no different than real life nowadays to be honest.

We see the shitshow in real life every day.

The real problem is that the extremes on either side are what drive all the rhetoric, emotion, and discussion. It is very difficult to have a rational discussion regarding politics in an internet environment. (Hell, it is tough to have one face to face in public.)

Go look at Twitter. It is a bigger shitshow than here.

Buckeye
10-26-2018, 06:19 PM
I submit the Country is fighting for it's life at this time.

Explains allot. Wake up.

The ideas that built the United States of America will not go quietly into the night.

JustRalph
10-26-2018, 06:23 PM

Explains allot. Wake up.

The ideas that built the United States of America will not go quietly into the night.

You’re delusional.

Ever heard of the sixties?

Real bombs were going off

Buckeye
10-26-2018, 06:29 PM
You misinterpret what I said Ralph, I'm not talking about bombs.

I'm talking about Liberty, Prosperity, and Equal Rights under the Law.

The Sixties have nothing to do with it.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-26-2018, 06:32 PM
You’re delusional.

Agree.

Give us Twitter and the internet when JFK was assassinated. Or Viet Nam? Or the Cold War?

We would have had all kinds of shit going on due to the great instigator that is social media.

People need to quit with their centric view of the world and their own echo chamber. Nobody is all that special. Nobody.

Buckeye
10-26-2018, 06:43 PM
Who said they were?

It's the ideas that matter.

fast4522
10-26-2018, 07:04 PM
The sixtys had bombs.

Early activism
Further information: Weather Underground
Ayers became involved in the New Left and the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS).[10] He rose to national prominence as an SDS leader in 1968 and 1969 as head of an SDS regional group, the "Jesse James Gang".[11]

The group Ayers headed in Detroit, Michigan, became one of the earliest gatherings of what became the Weathermen. Before the June 1969 SDS convention, Ayers became a prominent leader of the group, which arose as a result of a schism in SDS.[8] "During that time his infatuation with street fighting grew and he developed a language of confrontational militancy that became more and more pronounced over the year [1969]", disaffected former Weathermen member Cathy Wilkerson wrote in 2001. Ayers had previously been a roommate of Terry Robbins, a fellow militant who was killed in 1970 along with Ayers' girlfriend Oughton and one other member in the Greenwich Village townhouse explosion, while constructing anti-personnel bombs intended for a non-commissioned officer dance at Fort Dix, New Jersey.[12]

In June 1969, the Weathermen took control of the SDS at its national convention, where Ayers was elected Education Secretary.[8] Later in 1969, Ayers participated in planting a bomb at a statue dedicated to police casualties in the 1886 Haymarket affair confrontation between labor supporters and the Chicago police.[13] The blast broke almost 100 windows and blew pieces of the statue onto the nearby Kennedy Expressway.[14] (The statue was rebuilt and unveiled on May 4, 1970, and blown up again by other Weathermen on October 6, 1970.[14][15] Rebuilding it yet again, the city posted a 24-hour police guard to prevent another blast, and in January 1972 it was moved to Chicago police headquarters).[16]

Ayers participated in the Days of Rage riot in Chicago in October 1969, and in December was at the "War Council" meeting in Flint, Michigan. Two major decisions came out of the "War Council". The first was to immediately begin a violent, armed struggle (e.g., bombings and armed robberies) against the state without attempting to organize or mobilize a broad swath of the public. The second was to create underground collectives in major cities throughout the country.[17] Larry Grathwohl, a Federal Bureau of Investigation informant in the Weathermen group from the fall of 1969 to the spring of 1970, stated that "Ayers, along with Bernardine Dohrn, probably had the most authority within the Weathermen".[18]

Clocker
10-26-2018, 07:08 PM
I vote for eliminating all Political Discussion on this Board.

Vote with your feet. Walk away from it. No one is forcing you to read or post here, are they?

Buckeye
10-26-2018, 07:18 PM
You could go back even further, like 1914 when Ferdinand was shot and killed.

Your point is what?

My point is ideas matter and Good Ideas always win.

Clocker
10-26-2018, 07:19 PM
It has never been this disrespectful or disgusting or disturbing....EVER...NOT EVER EVER

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSH

Trump inspires baser emotions than Bush or Obama. He drives people to greater extremes. At the extremes, his fans treat him like an infallible god and his foes treat him like the devil incarnate. They love him or hate him based on his persona, not his policies. And many who post here are at those extremes.

Neither Bush nor Obama inspired anything like the alt-right or the antifa either.

Buckeye
10-26-2018, 07:21 PM
Vote with your feet. Walk away from it. No one is forcing you to read or post here, are they?

I do believe I advocated for eliminating Political Discussion.

Clocker
10-26-2018, 07:27 PM
I do believe I advocated for eliminating Political Discussion.

Why do you care what others discuss? If it bothers you, ignore it.

Buckeye
10-26-2018, 07:32 PM
Why do you care what others discuss? If it bothers you, ignore it.

Well let's see, maybe because this is a horse racing discussion board?

jimmyb
10-26-2018, 07:37 PM
No matter the political discourse and disagreements, I'd not hesitate breaking bread or having a beer or two with pretty much anyone here. It includes Harry, Ely, Mostie, FanDan, Margie, OcalaMike and anyone else with differing or agreeable viewpoints ... I still like and respect you guys and gals. It's work in progress regarding disagreeing without being disagreeable.

Clocker
10-26-2018, 08:06 PM

What part of "Off Topic" are you unable to grasp?

Suff
10-26-2018, 08:14 PM

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSH

Political Violence has and will always occur. But never in my lifetime has the political party that is in power advocated violence against the minority party. And not at this scale.

The party controls the executive branch, the house of representatives, the senate, and a large amount of Governors and state legislators. Yet so angry and bitter. And they will not be happy until we all stand, sing & pray to the same God while swearing a loyal oath to our leader.

sammy the sage
10-26-2018, 08:36 PM

So do it already.

This is RICH...coming from a man who has no mirror....:lol::pound:

I would wager that 70% or higher of your posts are here...in off-topic...and that 70% of those are basically trolling...:faint::rolleyes::popcorn:

sammy the sage
10-26-2018, 08:44 PM

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSH

Interesting take...truth be told tho....I submit for your consideration.... no politician has EVER and I mean EVER been as disrespectful to others as the CURRENT potus....a reflection of society in general...:puke:

Buckeye
10-26-2018, 08:59 PM
If I was a medical doctor, which I'm not, the diagnosis wouldn't be all that hard.

TDS

Pretty much sums up Off Topic in my opinion.

In case you're wondering what happened PaceAdvantage.

MargieRose
10-26-2018, 09:35 PM
No matter the political discourse and disagreements, I'd not hesitate breaking bread or having a beer or two with pretty much anyone here. It includes Harry, Ely, Mostie, FanDan, Margie, OcalaMike and anyone else with differing or agreeable viewpoints ... I still like and respect you guys and gals. It's work in progress regarding disagreeing without being disagreeable.
I like your style, jimmyb! Sharing a bottle of wine would do me just fine. ;)

MargieRose
10-26-2018, 10:17 PM
Political Violence has and will always occur. But never in my lifetime has the political party that is in power advocated violence against the minority party. And not at this scale.

The party controls the executive branch, the house of representatives, the senate, and a large amount of Governors and state legislators. Yet so angry and bitter. And they will not be happy until we all stand, sing & pray to the same God while swearing a loyal oath to our leader...
Can you produce that list of advocated violence against the minority party?

Let's compare...

Rep. Steve Scalise: When Eric Holder, other Dems call for violence, that's a direct threat to our democracy (https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/rep-steve-scalise-when-eric-holder-other-dems-call-for-violence-thats-a-direct-threat-to-our-democracy)

Eight Violent Attacks On Republicans Just This Year (https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/17/republicans-attacked-2018-list/)

LIST: 20 Examples of Democrat Violence Against Republicans (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/list-20-examples-of-democrat-violence-against-republicans/)

BTW...the MSM has learned nothing from recent events. They're still spewing Trump-hate rhetoric. When in your lifetime has the MSM ever demonstrated such biased and offensive behavior toward one leader and the convictions of half of the American citizens of this country?

Suff
10-26-2018, 11:06 PM
I don't engage with posters who post here anonymously. Thank you though.

MargieRose
10-26-2018, 11:24 PM
I don't engage with posters who post here anonymously. Thank you though.
What do you mean by posting "anonymously" http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/thinking/hmm.gif, or is this your way of dodging a challenge that you know you can't win?

ElKabong
10-26-2018, 11:34 PM
The argument started 1/20/2017

For a change, you're right. Remember the riots in the streets of DC that day? I'm sure you do.

elysiantraveller
10-26-2018, 11:43 PM
What do you mean by posting "anonymously" http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/thinking/hmm.gif, or is this your way of dodging a challenge that you know you can't win?

You folks live in this bubble world of equivalency...

:1:
Trump recently praised a politician who committed assault... not words... actual assault on someone.

Eric Holder was talking about a remark Michelle Obama made and while improper didn't actually congratulate someone on committing violence.

:2:
Trump is President.

Eric Holder is not.

:3:
Trump received no device.

Eric Holder had an explosive sent to him.

Yet in light of all of that. You try and claim this stuff is equivalent. It's simply not the case.

Trump can go a long way simply by saying he has to take some blame and just tone it down... he is incapable of that.

Trumps words helped inspire a man to send bombs all over the country. No, Trump is did not send them nor is he responsible for the actions... but HIS WORDS carry great influence and he seems unwilling or unable to accept that responsibility.

ElKabong
10-26-2018, 11:58 PM
Dude, get a clue. A republican politician was shot on a baseball field because... He was a republican. Does this not register with you in the least?

Your turn... What democrat politician in the past fifty years has been shot or killed by a right wing nut job? Prove your damn point.

woodbinepmi
10-27-2018, 12:04 AM
You’re delusional.

We had the FLQ when I was a child, people being kidnapped and real bombs going off weekly in Montreal. It was a war zone!

elysiantraveller
10-27-2018, 12:06 AM
Dude, get a clue. A republican politician was shot on a baseball field because... He was a republican. Does this not register with you in the least?

Your turn... What democrat politician in the past fifty years has been shot or killed by a right wing nut job? Prove your damn point.

Again you're missing the point or just refuse to admit it.

What was Bernie's reaction to that? Whackos gonna whacko granted but when did Bernie praise violence?

Now look at President Trump.

ReplayRandall
10-27-2018, 12:09 AM

Sorry Elk, but if you go back 55 years you'll find the cause of the true beginning of the downfall of our society, the planned assassination of JFK ....Plus MLK and RFK in '68....What entity carried these out?

ElKabong
10-27-2018, 12:14 AM
So, no democrat has been shot or killed by a right wing nut job in the past half century then. Hmmmm,.

That's the point, Cletus. If you're going to compare a body slam to an attempted murder, you're digging that hole you're in much deeper.

ElKabong
10-27-2018, 12:16 AM
Sorry Elk, but if you go back 55 years you'll find the cause of the true beginning of the downfall of our society, the planned assassination of JFK ....Plus MLK and RFK in '68....What entity carried these out?

That's why I stated fifty years.... Fifty and half doesn't count....
MLK was assassinated in the spring
RFK was in the summer
It's October, now

ReplayRandall
10-27-2018, 12:18 AM
That's why I stated fifty years.... Fifty and half doesn't count....

What about RFK in '68?....Don't dodge now, I want an answer.

ElKabong
10-27-2018, 12:21 AM
What about RFK in '68?....Don't dodge now, I want an answer.
Who's going to dodge you? RFK was killed in the summer of 68. Fifty years and a few months.

Sirhan was NOT a conservative. SoCalFan, a poster here, knew the guy, or better, her husband did. Odd fellow but not an American nor conservative.

ReplayRandall
10-27-2018, 12:25 AM
Who's going to dodge you? RFK was killed in the summer of 68. Fifty years and a few months.

Sirhan was NOT a conservative. SoCalFan, a poster here, knew the guy, or better, her husband did. Odd fellow but not an American nor conservative.

I asked you what "entity" ordered the hits on JFK, MLK and RFK?...I could care less about the fall guys, give me the ENTITY.....C'mon sport, you can do it.

ElKabong
10-27-2018, 12:27 AM
I asked you what "entity" ordered the hits on JFK, MLK and RFK?...I could care less about the fall guys, give me the ENTITY.....C'mon sport, you can do it.

Who is serving time for the RFK murder, sport?

ReplayRandall
10-27-2018, 12:31 AM
Who is serving time for the RFK murder, sport?

Who ordered the HITS?....I could care less about anything else.

MargieRose
10-27-2018, 12:31 AM

Trump recently praised a politician who committed assault... not words... actual assault on someone.

Eric Holder was talking about a remark Michelle Obama made and while improper didn't actually congratulate someone on committing violence.

Trump is President.

Eric Holder is not.

Yet in light of all of that. You try and claim this stuff is equivalent. It's simply not the case.

Trump can go a long way simply by saying he has to take some blame and just tone it down... he is incapable of that.

Trumps words helped inspire a man to send bombs all over the country. No, Trump is did not send them nor is he responsible for the actions... but HIS WORDS carry great influence and he seems unwilling or unable to accept that responsibility.
No, Trump's "words" did not inspire anyone; it's the words of just about all of the people who were the recipients of the 'bombs' that, I believe, set off the messenger. I can imagine many people (including myself) feeling the same rage, but most people are in control of themselves...this guy snapped. THEY caused him to snap. Their words!

Can YOU produce that list of advocated violence against ("at this scale") the minority party, as Fuss claims...from anyone in the Republican party?

PS: I still have my doubts about this bomber not being a setup.

ElKabong
10-27-2018, 12:46 AM
Who ordered the HITS?....I could care less about anything else.

You should care, sport. In this country you're innocent until proven guilty.

MLK was not a politician, his assassination does not qualify for the topic ely and I engaged in.

RFK was killed by a nut job that was from a foreign country. SoCalFan has given comment on him. Not a conservative.

JFK was killed in 1963 (fifty plus yrs ago). If you really want to go there with conspiracy theory BS, go for it and look the fool. I know people (well) that he knew in Fort Worth. Lee Oswald would not have been a part of a conspiracy because he was a loner to the extreme. Not a team player. Only a complete idiot would think he would "go along" with anything.

He shot JD Tippett in cold blood in the street. Tried to kill other cops in the Texas Theater shortly thereafter. He was a nut job for sure, but mentally ill, had no attention span to speak of. People that actually knew the guy knew he did it alone. Extremely weird guy, unpredictable.

ElKabong
10-27-2018, 12:58 AM
No, Trump's "words" did not inspire anyone; it's the words of just about all of the people who were the recipients of the 'bombs' that, I believe, set off the messenger. I can imagine many people (including myself) feeling the same rage, but most people are in control of themselves...this guy snapped. THEY caused him to snap. Their words!

Can YOU produce that list of advocated violence against ("at this scale") the minority party, as Fuss claims...from anyone in the Republican party?

I have doubts also, but only because of the Richard Jewel situation. He was an easy target to accuse, as is this guy.

If the Dna evidence is there and verifiable, I hope the guy never sees the light of day.

elysiantraveller
10-27-2018, 12:59 AM

Then we're done.

Trump said he is a perpetrator.

Trump's DOJ says he's a perpetrator.

And you want to have a real discussion while you sit on this hedge?

I'll pass.

elysiantraveller
10-27-2018, 01:07 AM
That's the point, Cletus. If you're going to compare a body slam to an attempted murder, you're digging that hole you're in much deeper.

What in the actual **** are you talking about?

I keep saying equivalence and you're the one comparing a "bodyslam" comment to a attempted mass murder.

Thanks for making my point... as starkly and obviously as possible.

What I am talking about right now is rhetoric... you don't want to talk about it because you're smart enough to know its indefensible. So you want to play games on nutjobs shooting people...

Tommy Burks was murdered by his Republican opponent.

Gabby Giffords was shot by a whack job assailant... was he left/right/crazy...? We don't know. Unfortunately Trump wasn't around to remove the doubt at the time.

It's really easy for me to say the baseball shooting was bad. Its equally easy for me to say this was bad but...

I'll toss up Bernie's rhetoric on violence (you know the guy that actually condemned his supporters for this stuff) vs. Trump's "bodyslam" any ****ing day of the week.

ElKabong
10-27-2018, 01:15 AM

What I am talking about right now is rhetoric... [/B]

Rhetoric.... Watch the shit going on at CNN and msnbc sometime, said by democrat politicians. You've seen the YouTube pieces posted by others, look them up. You think that's any more civil than what trump has said?

Get ****ing real (had to include a f bomb. You seem to think that's cool)

MargieRose
10-27-2018, 01:22 AM
Then we're done.

Trump said he is a perpetrator.

Trump's DOJ says he's a perpetrator.

And you want to have a real discussion while you sit on this hedge?

I'll pass.
That's my gut opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

As to the question in my post...second dodge. http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/swoon.gif

elysiantraveller
10-27-2018, 01:28 AM
Rhetoric.... Watch the shit going on at CNN and msnbc sometime, said by democrat politicians. You've seen the YouTube pieces posted by others, look them up. You think that's any more civil than what trump has said?

Get ****ing real (had to include a f bomb. You seem to think that's cool)

Let's see all of the people who've pled guilty to assault the Democrats are defending?

Want to play that game... name one.

How about pay legal fees if they assault someone?

Name another.

Or do you want to cruise back over to the more comfortable ground of comparing comments to attempted murder?

You want to play the #bothsides nonsense without actually calling out your side.

elysiantraveller
10-27-2018, 01:30 AM
That's my gut opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

As to the question in my post...second dodge. http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/swoon.gif

Hcap posted a video to look it up.

How many legal fees have Democrats offered to pay for their supporters if they assault someone?

Lemon Drop Husker
10-27-2018, 01:31 AM

I keep saying equivalence and you're the one comparing a "bodyslam" comment to a attempted mass murder.

Thanks for making my point... as starkly and obviously as possible.

What I am talking about right now is rhetoric... you don't want to talk about it because you're smart enough to know its indefensible. So you want to play games on nutjobs shooting people...

Tommy Burks was murdered by his Republican opponent.

Gabby Giffords was shot by a whack job assailant... was he left/right/crazy...? We don't know. Unfortunately Trump wasn't around to remove the doubt at the time.

It's really easy for me to say the baseball shooting was bad. Its equally easy for me to say this was bad but...

I'll toss up Bernie's rhetoric on violence (you know the guy that actually condemned his supporters for this stuff) vs. Trump's "bodyslam" any ****ing day of the week.

OK. SO "whatabout" this rhetoric (of a word I'm so tired of hearing)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Nrmnm6q0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXSaja-ThAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guN8f-vLOQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCYEDOZH29k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zNr8Pf1QkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQTmg8O6FzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zER3VNYUEGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajRtMW27Ofs

And every single night on late nite TV. And there are hundreds more.

elysiantraveller
10-27-2018, 01:45 AM
OK. SO "whatabout" this rhetoric (of a word I'm so tired of hearing)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Nrmnm6q0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXSaja-ThAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guN8f-vLOQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCYEDOZH29k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zNr8Pf1QkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQTmg8O6FzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zER3VNYUEGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajRtMW27Ofs

And every single night on late nite TV. And there are hundreds more.

Do you guys actually listen to the full things when you post these? Or do you just regurgitate from super far right locations?

Madonna:

“Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet W.H. Auden once wrote on the eve of World War II, we must love one another or die. I choose love.”

Holder same speech:

"When I say we, you know, ‘We kick ‘em,’ I don’t mean we do anything inappropriate. We don’t do anything illegal, but we got to be tough, and we have to fight for the very things that civil rights leaders John Lewis, Martin Luther King, Whitney Young – you know, all those folks gave to us.”

I can do others as well... but I think you'll get the point.

Just kidding I know you won't. ;)

PS) These people also aren't the President. Like come on dude... Eminem is your foil to the President?

PPS) J Cole does have a pretty solid takedown of Trump supporters on Come Through and Chill.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-27-2018, 01:57 AM
Do you guys actually listen to the full things when you post these? Or do you just regurgitate from super far right locations?

Madonna:

“Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet W.H. Auden once wrote on the eve of World War II, we must love one another or die. I choose love.”

Holder same speech:

"When I say we, you know, ‘We kick ‘em,’ I don’t mean we do anything inappropriate. We don’t do anything illegal, but we got to be tough, and we have to fight for the very things that civil rights leaders John Lewis, Martin Luther King, Whitney Young – you know, all those folks gave to us.”

I can do others as well... but I think you'll get the point.

Just kidding I know you won't. ;)

PS) These people also aren't the President.

Yeah, I know. All these people are below the POTUS. And they should know better. But they don't. And you give them a pass.

Late night talk shows can belittle him all night every night.

His bloody head can be put forth on camera as a joke.

Rappers can shoot him in the head in pretend world in music videos.

Plays on a large magnitude can assimilate his assassination.

But that is all fine I'm sure. Because he deserves it, right?

You all whined like little bitches when Obama was even remotely challenged, much less ripped apart on a daily and nightly basis on every MSM channel, and hundreds of papers every day.

And Trump is the fascist? :pound:

elysiantraveller
10-27-2018, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I know. All these people are below the POTUS. And they should know better. But they don't. And you give them a pass.

Full stop.

I just took the first two and posted what they actually said... surprise... crickets.

Sorry I've been the one saying equivalence and now you want to put Gifford (Fired BTW), Snoop, Eminem, and De Niro on the same level as the President of the United States? :lol:

As far as Fascism... You and basically everybody on here has demonstrated you have no clue what the term actually means despite things like google (I've used) and wikipedia (I've used) being immediately available to define it.

If you want a Political Theory lesson shoot a PM. Ya might learn something but then again openmindedness is frowned upon in this GOP.

Here is a tidbit: Leftists cannot be Fascist... they can be all sorts of bad things we call the left... but they can't be Fascist.

jay68802
10-27-2018, 03:48 AM
If you want a Political Theory lesson shoot a PM.

1. It happens, take advantage of it.

2. Make it happen on purpose.

3. Let it happen on purpose.

jay68802
10-27-2018, 03:51 AM
1, Bombings

2. Vietnam

3. 9/11

hcap
10-27-2018, 04:58 AM

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSHAre you kidding? Obama was much worse than W. with Ralph's rediculous Obama Collapsing thread was a catch-all for the most absurd absurdities ever.

All 2063 posts

I realize you guys don't feel that proud of Chumpy for good reasons.

hcap
10-27-2018, 05:35 AM

How many legal fees have Democrats offered to pay for their supporters if they assault someone?

https://youtu.be/WIs2L2nUL-0

fast4522
10-27-2018, 06:22 AM

It means nothing, ultra liberals want what they want and are willing to go to war, what is going on today is just the fumes of a loss. You think the uglyness is going to help the ultra liberal at this juncture we all will see. If you want war for the next two years, continue your campaign. Just don't be supprised at the uglyness that becomes part of it. Just do not expect policy to favor you or your ilk at any point.

hcap
10-27-2018, 06:33 AM
It means nothing, ultra liberals want what they want and are willing to go to war, what is going on today is just the fumes of a loss. You think the uglyness is going to help the ultra liberal at this juncture we all will see. If you want war for the next two years, continue your campaign. Just don't be supprised at the uglyness that becomes part of it. Just do not expect policy to favor you or your ilk at any point.You are ignoring the instigator-in-chief.

Watch the vid

fast4522
10-27-2018, 06:45 AM
Your content is what it is, NO one cares. When you take your place amongst the silent, it will not be because you did not fight. It will be because you lost, just like your arguements.

newtothegame
10-27-2018, 08:04 AM

Of which, you are more then free to click on the horse racing side. You don't have to click the off topic side at all....

Tom
10-27-2018, 10:19 AM
This is RICH...coming from a man who has no mirror....:lol::pound:

I would wager that 70% or higher of your posts are here...in off-topic...and that 70% of those are basically trolling...:faint::rolleyes::popcorn:

Not surprising you would totally miss the point of the post - as per your usual. Try reading slower.

PA made the statement, I made a suggestion how to handle the problem. But YOU decided it was YOUR opportunity to troll on your own. Nice, Be all you can be, no matter hard it hurts your head.

Tom
10-27-2018, 10:21 AM
We had the FLQ when I was a child, people being kidnapped and real bombs going off weekly in Montreal. It was a war zone!

Today's snowflakes have no clue what real violence is.

PhantomOnTour
10-27-2018, 11:48 AM

NOT OBAMA
NOT BUSH

It's gotten this bad because of one reason:
You allow it sir
Heck, you even get into it yourself (see your Burls thread).

Remember after Obama got re elected in 2012 and I said Off Topic was going to be brutal?
Six years later and that has proven to be accurate.

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2018, 04:29 PM
Political Violence has and will always occur. But never in my lifetime has the political party that is in power advocated violence against the minority party.And yet, you completely dismiss from your memory the Democrats advocating violence against Republicans.

That's special Fuss. Really special.

Any Dems shot while playing softball yet? I didn't think so.

Spare me more bullshit. Please?

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2018, 04:32 PM

Trump is President.

Eric Holder is not.

Trumps words helped inspire a man to send bombs all over the country. No, Trump is did not send them nor is he responsible for the actions... but HIS WORDS carry great influence and he seems unwilling or unable to accept that responsibility.Forget equivalence. I'd be happy if the left would simply acknowledge that yes, they too (and their politicians) HAVE ADVOCATED FOR VIOLENCE against the opposition.

Just admit it once, and I'd be satisfied.

It's a sickness though, I know.

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2018, 04:39 PM
Are you kidding? Obama was much worse than W. with Ralph's rediculous Obama Collapsing thread was a catch-all for the most absurd absurdities ever.Well, this pretty much proves you are officially too far gone.

tucker6
10-27-2018, 04:46 PM
Well, this pretty much proves you are officially too far gone.

you just noticed? :)

thaskalos
10-27-2018, 04:53 PM
Hey...elections have consequences. Trump won...and it's his turn now to do and say whatever he wants. He can be as hostile as he pleases...and his critics are allowed to respond accordingly...with no need to make a big deal out of this.

One thing that confuses me though is the obvious double-standard when it comes to our country being "divided". Obama was called the "Great Divider" by some of our most respected brethren here...and, perhaps, deservedly so. But our country has never been as "divided" as it is right now, and yet...our current President is held blameless for this by the same respected posters here. When is our country's "division" the President's fault...and, when is it not?

Tom
10-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Gus at one time we wanted unity. I posted here that I thought 0bama was in a unique position to mend fences and bring people together. He chose not to.

Today, unity is no longer a goal, for me anyway.
I no longer want anything to do with the the left - ever - on any issue. I want division. OR submission. Not set in stone here.

hcap
10-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Well, this pretty much proves you are officially too far gone.

you just noticed?
You gents don't like my politics and science.
A genuine badge of honor I am proud of.

hcap
10-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Gus at one time we wanted unity. I posted here that I thought 0bama was in a unique position to mend fences and bring people together. He chose not to.

I no longer want anything to do with the the left - ever - on any issue. I want division. OR submission. Not set in stone here.king Donald The False grants you your wish as he does all his seduced indentured numb servants.

tucker6
10-27-2018, 05:49 PM
Hey...elections have consequences. Trump won...and it's his turn now to do and say whatever he wants. He can be as hostile as he pleases...and his critics are allowed to respond accordingly...with no need to make a big deal out of this.

One thing that confuses me though is the obvious double-standard when it comes to our country being "divided". Obama was called the "Great Divider" by some of our most respected brethren here...and, perhaps, deservedly so. But our country has never been as "divided" as it is right now, and yet...our current President is held blameless for this by the same respected posters here. When is our country's "division" the President's fault...and, when is it not?

The day after the 2016 and going forward to today, the left and their minions in the press have hounded, marginalized, and dismissed the Trump presidency. While Trump is certainly not blameless in where we are today, I feel that if the left and press had given him a modicum of respect that he would have turned his rhetoric down a notch or two. You can't blame a guy for defending himself and the work he is trying to do, can you? If he hadn't defended his position, who else would? The GOP? The press? He literally has no friends in DC, but has promises to keep. It should have come as no surprise that his only path to getting things done was to thrash his way out of the brier patch.

fast4522
10-27-2018, 05:56 PM

Your post is put together in an intellignt open way and is more deserving for the same in a response.

Our political landscape is comprised of voting blocks, who masters those voting blocks has the advantage right? Consultants are hired by both sides for an edge in penetration into those blocks. How effective a candidate is with the data from consultants (think tanks) is a seperate story. A large part of your question is answered I think because social media (tweets), because of those tweets it shows how transparent the President Donald J. Trump is. Like it or not President Trump is very visceral in his tweets. NO one can say Obama was transparent. Obama being transparent is a joke of biblical proportions and equally HRC was so as well. This is the deep division that decided the 2016 elections not only for the Presidency but the coat tails of others to the right. Several other exposures for all the world to see are still occurring, this has been very damaging to the left.

Thask, let me know if this was enough detail to your question? I will admit another poster might be more concise than I am but I think the answer is in there.

Tom
10-27-2018, 06:08 PM
king Donald The False grants you your wish as he does all his seduced indentured numb servants.

YOU were the inspiration fro my post.

tucker6
10-27-2018, 06:11 PM
YOU were the crotch itch in my post.

fyp. Sorry Harry. Too good to pass up.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-27-2018, 06:29 PM

I don't think it matters who is President anymore with social media.

Sides have been taken. And the Right/Left are entrenched in their views, and only getting worse by the political escapade as we all see on our 'news' everyday.

Our entire country needs an enema. A good swift kick in the ass. Or a belt across that ass.

Get your shit together.

Nobody on the planet has it as good as us. You can post on the internet and be as stupid as you would ever want to be without any fear of harm. You can basically riot in the streets and never be imprisoned. You can even tell the POTUS to go phuck himself without an inkling of fear because you are absolutely free to do that in this country.

When people are openly yelling at the sky because of an election that will likely never do them any harm, then we have some mental problems to take care of in this great nation of ours.

In the end, if you don't like what you see. Go vote. If you really want to get involved, then run for some public office. Nobody is stopping you. Get on somebody's campaign that you believe in, and call and knock on people's doors (just not mine asshole ;)).

IF you don't like it. Quit complaining. Quit being a little 5 year old whiney shit in the cereal aisle and go out and do something if you don't like what is going on in this country. Nobody is stopping you. This isn't Germany circa WWII as much as our MSM wants to tell your stupid ass.

Quitcherbitchin, and do something positive. Otherwise. STFU.

*This message comes to you courtesy of LDH '24

elysiantraveller
10-27-2018, 07:37 PM
I no longer want anything to do with the the left - ever - on any issue. I want division. OR submission. Not set in stone here.

Ooh boy...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

boxcar
10-27-2018, 07:59 PM

There's a difference between one who intentionally divides people, as Obama did (e.g. always playing the race card, identity politics, etc.), and one polarizes people because some love his message and others hate it. There was no more polarizing person who ever existed than Jesus Christ, yet his gospel message is one of hope, peace, love, forgiveness and everlasting life. However, there is always this one caveat with Christ: He never pulled his punches; he always told it like its. And it was this devotion to raw honesty and truthfulness, I believe, that turned people and still turns people today hostile towards him.

Likewise, with Trump. There is nothing in Trump's message either that is malevolent or evil or ill-will. He simply wants what is best for America and Americans. He really does want to Make America Great Again, as opposed to Obama whose agenda was to "transform the face of America" -- to make this nation into something it never was. But Trump, doesn't pull his punches either. He tells it like it is even when he knows that a lot people may not like it. Trump is true to himself first. This is why he is so polarizing. Many love him, and many others hate him because he refuses to tickle their ears with things they want to hear.

thaskalos
10-27-2018, 08:04 PM
There's a difference between one who intentionally divides people, as Obama did (e.g. always playing the race card, identity politics, etc.), and one polarizes people because some love his message and others hate it. There was no more polarizing person who ever existed than Jesus Christ, yet his gospel message is one of hope, peace, love, forgiveness and everlasting life. However, there is always this one caveat with Christ: He never pulled his punches; he always told it like its. And it was this devotion to raw honesty and truthfulness, I believe, that turned people and still turns people today hostile towards him.

Likewise, with Trump. There is nothing in Trump's message either that is malevolent or evil or ill-will. He simply wants what is best for America and Americans. He really does want to Make America Great Again, as opposed to Obama whose agenda was to "transform the face of America" -- to make this nation into something it never was. But Trump, doesn't pull his punches either. He tells it like it is even when he knows that a lot people may not like it. Trump is true to himself first. This is why he is so polarizing. Many love him, and many others hate him because he refuses to tickle their ears with things they want to hear.

Ahhh...the Donald Trump/Jesus Christ comparison. Exactly what was missing from our political discussions here. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

tucker6
10-27-2018, 08:34 PM
Ahhh...the Donald Trump/Jesus Christ comparison. Exactly what was missing from our political discussions here. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

... but the real question is, who is better at keeping his promises?

... and then here's miracles. Jesus cured all ills with a touch, but Trump has 35% black approval, and he's a supposed racist. That's gotta count as a miracle.

Sorry God but I couldn't help myself. :lol:

MargieRose
10-27-2018, 09:22 PM

Superb analogy!! :ThmbUp:

Clocker
10-27-2018, 10:31 PM
A logical step, as the Trumpsters clearly think him to be infallible. Can't wait for the rebuttal from the left comparing Trump to Lucifer.

Do we need a new Political Religious thread? :rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
10-27-2018, 10:42 PM
A logical step, as the Trumpsters clearly think him to be infallible.

I mean... they both went belly-up as builders so...?

ReplayRandall
10-27-2018, 10:51 PM
I mean... they both went belly-up as builders so...?
Got anything else other than this pathetic push-button post?....I didn't think so.

hcap
10-28-2018, 12:10 AM
YOU were the inspiration fro my post.I am not particularly fond of your fact-free trolling either

hcap
10-28-2018, 12:14 AM
... but the real question is, who is better at keeping his promises?

... and then here's miracles. Jesus cured all ills with a touch, but Trump has 35% black approval, and he's a supposed racist. That's gotta count as a miracle.

Sorry God but I couldn't help myself. :lol:Fake news big time. Who told you this "fact," King Donald The False?

Or Kanye West on SNL?

hcap
10-28-2018, 12:18 AM
A logical step, as the Trumpsters clearly think him to be infallible. Can't wait for the rebuttal from the left comparing Trump to Lucifer.

Do we need a new Political Religious thread? :rolleyes:Boxcar has tried repeatedly, especially since he is now alone and spitting into the wind on the religious threads.

hcap
10-28-2018, 12:34 AM
Got anything else other than this pathetic push-button post?....I didn't think so.You have gone belly up on "Q". So what?

Although I have noticed Cesar Sayoc's van decorated in "Q" style.:eek::eek:

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2018, 04:36 AM
You have gone belly up on "Q". So what?

Although I have noticed Cesar Sayoc's van decorated in "Q" style.:eek::eek:Surprised it took you this long...

reckless
10-28-2018, 06:32 AM
All you naive, hateful and deranged Trump bashers out there will get your chance on Tuesday, November 6.

Clear your day and make sure all you 'citizens' get out to vote against the dumbest, most hateful, racist person ever to be President.

First off, Trump is not a legitimate President, so it's an easy decision to vote on Tuesday, right?

Trump was never legit because ... some of you political scholars on here told us so.

You first told us Trump couldn't even get the GOP nomination, much less win an election so how could he be legitimate?

You all recall the stupidity that began in the Summer of 2015, right? A very short reminder:

Trump wasn't a 'true' Republican; Trump wasn't a 'true' conservative; Trump's poll numbers weren't really accurate; Trump's rallies that drew tens of thousands of citizens didn't mean a thing because people had nothing to do that night and just wanted to see an entertainer; Trump's popularity is the lowest in the history of mankind; Trump never got more than 30% approval rating; Trump had hit a ceiling; Trump could never win; and, on Election Day morning we were told that Hillary had a 89% chance of winning; Trump could never break down the Blue Wall; women hated Trump; blacks hated Trump; hispanics hated Trump; college educated people hated Trump ... all that hatred towards Trump, how could he win. Of course, he couldn't!!

And, yet, after Trump won despite all this expertise, I still remember that more than few of you claimed that Trump had little standing because he received 3 million less votes than Hillary!! Oy vey!

It was some of the most ignorant and dumbest political opinion and analysis I ever heard and read. Pure stupidity of the highest order from the many clowns, yes, clowns, on here that claim to be experts and well-read.

So, you all have another chance to prove to the USA on how right you are and how stupid the rest of us are. Go out and vote and throw Donald Trump the hell out of here on Election Day!

As I said weeks ago -- and don't kid yourself, Donald Trump is on the ballot in every important race in the country come November 6.

We'll see if We-the-People like Trump's two-year successes and agenda and want more of the same for the future or if we do not and reject him.

I know what the final result will be because I know how smart We-the-People are and how stupid the snots in the cognoscenti set are too.

hcap
10-28-2018, 09:12 AM
Surprised it took you this long...I mentioned this to boxcar on another thread (Bombing?) when he continued with the "hoax and false flag" bull.

I guess Sayoc is really a self-hating lib with a penchant for false flags, hoaxes and alt right conspiracy theories?

:sleeping::sleeping:

hcap
10-28-2018, 09:22 AM
As I said weeks ago -- and don't kid yourself, Donald Trump is on the ballot in every important race in the country come November 6.Dems still have a 6 in 7 chance to take the house back on 538.

And your political "superman" us probably the reason why.

Existential threats to mankind do not do that well on election day after they demonstrate just how existential they actually are
:lol::lol:

tucker6
10-28-2018, 09:23 AM
I mentioned this to boxcar on another thread (Bombing?) when he continued with the "hoax and false flag" bull.

I guess Sayoc is really a self-hating lib with a penchant for false flags, hoaxes and alt right conspiracy theories?

:sleeping::sleeping:
And the shooter in Pittsburgh is being called a nazi yet hates Trump and the GOP. Looks like a hating lib to me. Same cloth as Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson.

tucker6
10-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Dems still have a 6 in 7 chance to take the house back on 538.

And your political "superman" us probably the reason why.

Existential threats to mankind do not do that well on election day after they demonstrate just how existential they actually are
:lol::lol:
What would happen if your atheistic polling gods were wrong again?

hcap
10-28-2018, 09:44 AM
And the shooter in Pittsburgh is being called a nazi yet hates Trump and the GOP. Looks like a hating lib to me. Same cloth as Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson. Hating Trump and the GOP, and being anti Semitic are mutually exclusive?

Why are you mentioning two blacks who are also hated by elements of the GOP."Elements"?

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/9/17525860/nazis-russell-walker-arthur-jones-republicans-illinois-north-carolina-virginia

In at least five state and national races across the country, the Republican Party is dealing with an uncomfortable problem. Their party’s candidates are either a card-carrying Nazi, a Holocaust denier, a proud white supremacist, or all of the above.

The Confederacy will rise again....

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/h5BbvSGpSwQ0S2TljPhSGWEISs0=/0x0:4000x2667/1820x1213/filters:focal(1680x1014:2320x1654)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/60289407/GettyImages_892387224.0.jpg
Men hold Confederate flags in front of a statue of Robert E. Lee prior to the Unite the Right Rally on August 12, 2017, in Charlottesville, Virginia. Jason Andrew/Getty Images

hcap
10-28-2018, 09:47 AM
What would happen if your atheistic polling gods were wrong again?He will be removed from office when Mueller issues his report. Sooner if my "atheistic" (Nate Silver is Jewish) "gods" are correct.

tucker6
10-28-2018, 09:49 AM
He will be removed from office when Mueller issues his report. Sooner if my "atheistic" (Nate Silver is Jewish) "gods" are correct.

Keep throwing your loose change into the Wishing Well. Someday it may pay off. :lol:

hcap
10-28-2018, 09:52 AM
Keep throwing your loose change into the Wishing Well. Someday it may pay off. :lol:You know now that Manafort and Michael Cohen have flipped, after the election more shoes will drop.

Roger Stone is also on the chopping black.

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 09:54 AM
And the shooter in Pittsburgh is being called a nazi yet hates Trump and the GOP. Looks like a hating lib to me. Same cloth as Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson.

Either/or fallacy...

Either he supports Trump OR he must be a lib.

tucker6
10-28-2018, 09:54 AM
Hating Trump and the GOP, and being anti Semitic are mutually exclusive?

I'm confused as to why you aren't then condemning the democratic politicians that are inciting their members on the left to violence. After all, you said that Trump incited the mail bomber.

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 09:57 AM
I'm confused as to why you aren't then condemning the democratic politicians that are inciting their members on the left to violence. After all, you said that Trump incited the mail bomber.

In the past week we've had the #MAGAbomber, a racist mass shooter in Kentucky, and an assault on the synagogue...

But the week before someone heckled Mitch eating dinner... :rolleyes:

Get your head checked.

tucker6
10-28-2018, 10:13 AM
In the past week we've had the #MAGAbomber, a racist mass shooter in Kentucky, and an assault on the synagogue...

But the week before someone heckled Mitch eating dinner... :rolleyes:

Get your head checked.

I guess we are forgetting antifa in the streets of Portland harrassing old people and being outlandishly disrespectful to a 9/11 widow. Keeping it classy on the left.

I can see why you aren't owning the synogogue shooting, but just be honest about it. I don't want the bomber sharing my views any more than you want the shooter sharing your views. I get it.

tucker6
10-28-2018, 10:20 AM
You know now that Manafort and Michael Cohen have flipped, after the election more shoes will drop.

Roger Stone is also on the chopping black.
Weren't you the same guy spouting off a few months ago that Papadapoulus'
paltry 14 day sentence was a sure sign of Trump's impending doom. :lol:

Here is my prediction of your posts after Mueller releases his report. Despite not finding anything concrete, Mueller will say that he found "irregularities" with regard to some activities even though they don't rise to the level of a crime being committed and that he is also "troubled" by Trump's actions with regard to Comey and tweets about the investigation, etc, but will leave it to Congress to take any further action. In essence, Mueller will find nothing and pass the buck to Congress. You will come on here and immediately call for Trump's impeachment because Mueller says Trump is guilty as charged. I suggest you get out ahead of your brethren and announce your opinion now to look like a leader and not a follower.

hcap
10-28-2018, 10:21 AM
I'm confused as to why you aren't then condemning the democratic politicians that are inciting their members on the left to violence. After all, you said that Trump incited the mail bomber.Nol Bernie never incited or tod his supporters to do violence. That's a Chumpy exclusive.

Watch the classic video I posted of Trump acting out violence at his idiotic campaign rallys. Or watch a real president speak in full English sentences about the goofball in office

https://youtu.be/OuptbugIFrY

woodtoo
10-28-2018, 10:26 AM
goofball...... glad to hear you tone it down this Sunday morning. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

tucker6
10-28-2018, 10:27 AM
Nol Bernie never incited or tod his supporters to do violence. That's a Chumpy exclusive.

Watch the classic video I posted of Trump acting out violence at his idiotic campaign rallys. Or watch a real president speak in full English sentences about the goofball in office

https://youtu.be/OuptbugIFrY

I will say this. Obama is truly the gift that keeps on giving. I wish he would continue speaking out, especially on the subject of lying and the keeping of promises. It's gold.

hcap
10-28-2018, 10:32 AM
Weren't you the same guy spouting off a few months ago that Papadapoulus'
paltry 14 day sentence was a sure sign of Trump impending doom. Not I. I said many things on the " Special counsel Robert Mueller" thread calling out who was going down or would flipp in much more serious indictments than Papadapoulus.

Keep dreaming. So far 10x as many problems for TRUMP than the longer idiocy of Benghazzi or the absolute idiotic Hillary email scandal. Both of which came up with zero running on for years and years.

JustRalph
10-28-2018, 10:32 AM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=yYQ3Itnz7pw

Jobs.....not mobs

tucker6
10-28-2018, 10:42 AM

Jobs.....not mobs
Here's one the left is using in ads in hopes of gaining the support of fascists on the left. Stay classy Cappy and Elysian. These are your people, not Trumps.

https://youtu.be/sUsvF_eHBdA

hcap
10-28-2018, 10:43 AM

Jobs.....not mobsWSe have been thru this nonsense before. Jobs just continue the path a real president set

http://www.msnbc.com/sites/msnbc/files/styles/embedded_image/public/5.8.18.png?itok=_-tO3c6P

Particularly considering Chumpy inherited a strong trend and Obamna DID NOT

https://aneconomicsense.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/cumul-private-job-growth-from-inauguration-to-oct-2015.png

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 10:48 AM
I guess we are forgetting antifa in the streets of Portland harrassing old people and being outlandishly disrespectful to a 9/11 widow. Keeping it classy on the left.

I can see why you aren't owning the synogogue shooting, but just be honest about it. I don't want the bomber sharing my views any more than you want the shooter sharing your views. I get it.

Double down on stupidity.

Was anti-immigrant beliefs a strong part of the shooting yesterday?

Let's check the body count lately...

Let's check the bomb count lately...

Wait who is in power?

3 acts of terrorism last week perpetrated by middle age white dudes...

Stop blaming the left and look in the mirror or at the very least get your ****ing house in order.

hcap
10-28-2018, 10:53 AM
Please stop with fact based videos. Here's one the left is using in ads. Stay classy Cappy and Elysian. These are your people, not Trumps.

https://youtu.be/sUsvF_eHBdANo Democratic leaders incited them. A rather tame group compared to the "Proud Boys"

https://youtu.be/2d3MRZC5FQI

tucker6
10-28-2018, 11:02 AM

Wait who is in power?

Stop blaming the left and look in the mirror or at the very least get your ****ing house in order.
Okay sport. First of all, I don't believe "Cesar" is a white dude, unless Hispanic has been lumped with Caucasian for the sake of your argument. :rolleyes:

Secondly, the Pittsburgh shooter is all yours no matter how badly you want to make it go away. Own it.

Don't know much about the Kentucky shooter except that he's racist like the Pittsburgh shooter.

tucker6
10-28-2018, 11:03 AM
No Democratic leaders incited them.

Every democratic leader from Obama on down incites them by their silence. Deafening silence.

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 11:06 AM
Okay sport. First of all, I don't believe "Cesar" is a white dude, unless Hispanic has been lumped with Caucasian for the sake of your argument. :rolleyes:

Secondly, the Pittsburgh shooter is all yours no matter how badly you want to make it go away. Own it.

Don't know much about the Kentucky shooter except that he's racist like the Pittsburgh shooter.

Okay sport.

One is called the MAGAbomber.

The other... what was his stance on immigration? Still waiting. Why no answer?

Kentucky shooter, "whites don't kill whites."

Also still waiting:

Body count?

Bomb count?

You're the king of picking a fight. Getting your post shredded then talking about something else. Keep tossing shit... someday it will stick.

Until then I'll wait for responses to posts I made months ago that are unfortunately really starting to bear fruit.

hcap
10-28-2018, 11:08 AM
Every democratic leader from Obama on down incites them by their silence. Deafening silence.Yes they were silent. Compared to Trump who ACTIVELY CALLS FOR VIOLENCE ALL THE F**K** TIME.

That is the point you are missing

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Every democratic leader from Obama on down incites them by their silence. Deafening silence.

When in doubt make shit up... amirite?

tucker6
10-28-2018, 11:15 AM
Okay sport.

One is called the MAGAbomber.

The other... what was his stance on immigration? Still waiting. Why no answer?

Kentucky shooter, "whites don't kill whites."

Also still waiting:

Body count?

Bomb count?

You're the king of picking a fight. Getting your post shredded then talking about something else. Keep tossing shit... someday it will stick.

Until then I'll wait for responses to posts I made months ago that are unfortunately really starting to bear fruit.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The difference between you and me is that I don't breathlessly read the NYT and watch CNN/MSNBC all day. All I know is that you called "Cesar" a white guy. He is Hispanic, but I can understand why that didn't fit the narrative you were going for.

BTW, I noticed that you left the Pittsburgh shooter out of your response. Nice touch since he is yours. ;)

So I guess two killed from the racist in KY (assume a right leaning affiliation), and 11 killed in Pittsburgh from a lefty.

Are you supposed to get a prize for your supporters killing the most people this week Elysian, because if so, you've won?

tucker6
10-28-2018, 11:19 AM
When in doubt make shit up... amirite?

Really? You defend Obama and other democrats who have never once told antifa to stop with their violence? Is not silence a tacit approval. Is not the rhetoric from Waters, Holder, and Clinton in the last couple months the very definition of incitement?

Greyfox
10-28-2018, 11:28 AM
I'd be inclined to say:

Fascists - are dictatorial, authoritarian, and for supremacy of a supposed elite. The KKK and Hitler on the Right would fit that mold.

Antifa are anarchists - more associated with socialism and Communism. Stalin would be comfortable with their ideologies.

Extremists in both these RIGHT & LEFT groups are NUTS and given to VIOLENCE.

Tom
10-28-2018, 11:38 AM

Wait who is in power?

This is actually one the stupidest post ever made in OT.
And look who made it! :pound::pound::pound::pound:

The old middle aged white guy just in time for halloween.
What a pathetic post.

This a strategy the fascists used effectively in the 1920s and 30s.
No wonder you are such an expert on facism these days.

hcap
10-28-2018, 11:39 AM
Really? You defend Obama and other democrats who have never once told antifa to stop with their violence? Is not silence a tacit approval. Is not the rhetoric from Waters, Holder, and Clinton in the last couple months the very definition of incitement?

We can’t compare antifa activists to neo-Nazis
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/melinda-henneberger/article168986812.html

Of course there is violence on the far left. Yet comparing it to the violence on the far right is a mistake — and for some, a trap camouflaged as a comfort.

The most obvious difference is measurable: Seventy-four percent of the 372 people murdered in domestic terror attacks in this country between 2007 and 2016 were killed by extremists from the right, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

Conservatives have been encouraged to take offense at the idea that the two poles are not the same distance from the center. But it’s demonstrably untrue that, as Iowa Rep. Steve King said after his fellow Republican, Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise, was shot by a jobless Democratic zealot living out of his van, “violence is appearing in the streets, and it’s coming from the left.”

On the contrary,: recent political violence also skews heavily to the rightOf the 1,094 “hate incidents” logged by the Southern Poverty Law Center in the month after the presidential election, 315 were anti-immigrant, 221 were anti-black, 112 were anti-Muslim, 109 were anti-LGBT, 108 involved Nazi swastikas, 47 were reports of white nationalist flyers, 45 were anti-woman, 33 anti-Semitic, 26 were anti-Trump, and seven involved the KKK.

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/melinda-henneberger/article168986812.html#storylink=cpy

Tom
10-28-2018, 11:40 AM
The difference between you and me is that I don't breathlessly read the NYT and watch CNN/MSNBC all day. All I know is that you called "Cesar" a white guy. He is Hispanic, but I can understand why that didn't fit the narrative you were going for.

This has happened before.
A fall back for his kind of people. Lie about what you need to lie about.

Ely is a pro.

hcap
10-28-2018, 11:49 AM

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

Are ‘Antifa’ and the Alt-Right Equally Violent?
Violence has been ratcheting up on all sides during white supremacist rallies in recent months — but "antifa" is not planning the rallies, and statistically poses a lesser danger.

https://www.npr.org/2017/06/16/533255619/fact-check-is-left-wing-violence-rising

"The far left is very active in the United States, but it hasn't been particularly violent for some time," says Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow at the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism.

He says the numbers between the groups don't compare.

"In the past 10 years when you look at murders committed by domestic extremists in the United States of all types, right-wing extremists are responsible for about 74 percent of those murders," Pitcavage says.

You righties profess tons of false equivalencies.

Many from King Donald The False

FantasticDan
10-28-2018, 12:00 PM
The difference between you and me is that I don't breathlessly read the NYT and watch CNN/MSNBC all day. All I know is that you called "Cesar" a white guy. He is Hispanic, but I can understand why that didn't fit the narrative you were going for.Sayoc's father was Filipino and his mother was a white woman of Italian descent. That's "hispanic"?

All that matters is that he considered himself a white supremacist.

tucker6
10-28-2018, 12:00 PM
https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

Are ‘Antifa’ and the Alt-Right Equally Violent?
Violence has been ratcheting up on all sides during white supremacist rallies in recent months — but "antifa" is not planning the rallies, and statistically poses a lesser danger.

https://www.npr.org/2017/06/16/533255619/fact-check-is-left-wing-violence-rising

"The far left is very active in the United States, but it hasn't been particularly violent for some time," says Mark Pitcavage, a senior research fellow at the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism.

He says the numbers between the groups don't compare.

"In the past 10 years when you look at murders committed by domestic extremists in the United States of all types, right-wing extremists are responsible for about 74 percent of those murders," Pitcavage says.

You righties profess tons of false equivalencies.

Many from King Donald The False
The Anti Defamation League is agenda driven, so I'll take that with lots of salt. Numbers aren't worth anything unless you can see the underlying definitions and process. Just like your "97% of climate scientists support global warming" was a complete lie once you looked at how they came up with the number.

tucker6
10-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Sayoc's father was Filipino and his mother was a white woman of Italian descent. That's "hispanic"?

All that matters is that he considered himself a white supremacist.
Still doesn't make him white. Plenty of white dems identify as black, but it still doesn't make them black.

hcap
10-28-2018, 12:06 PM
The Anti Defamation League is agenda driven, so I'll take that with lots of salt. Numbers aren't worth anything unless you can see the underlying definitions and process. Just like your "97% of climate scientists support global warming" was a complete lie once you looked at how they came up with the number.I guess since they like Jews and point out nazi's, they must be biassed? And all the climate scientists in the world are lying

Please no ant-AGW and your worship of Watts nonsense

tucker6
10-28-2018, 12:10 PM
I guess since they like Jews and point out nazi's, they must be biassed? And all the climate scientists in the world are lying

Please no ant-AGW and your worship of Watts nonsense

No, the author of the paper was lying. It isn't close to 97% and you know it.

hcap
10-28-2018, 12:24 PM
No, the author of the paper was lying. It isn't close to 97% and you know it.I will not discuss your UN-credentialed failed weather radioman's theories here.

Btw, there were multiple consensus studies.
Are they all wrong?

tucker6
10-28-2018, 12:34 PM
I will not discuss your UN-credentialed failed weather radioman's theories here.

Btw, there were multiple consensus studies.
Are they all wrong?
It's been debunked for some time now. You must know that. Give it up.

hcap
10-28-2018, 01:04 PM
It's been debunked for some time now. You must know that. Give it up.Bull. Maybe debunked by Anthony et al, but that is meaningless compared to every scientific organization, university and the vast majority of climatologists in the world.

woodtoo
10-28-2018, 01:10 PM
I've noticed climatologist are wrong at least half the time on a daily basis.
Farmers Almanac is a much better source.;)

tucker6
10-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Bull. Maybe debunked by Anthony et al, but that is meaningless compared to every scientific organization, university and the vast majority of climatologists in the world.

every scientific organization
university
climatologists

What do those three groups have in common Cappy? The answer: They drink at the govt teat five times daily and work together to keep it that way.

boxcar
10-28-2018, 01:13 PM

Legit comparison! You know my batting averages on analogies, right? A perfect 100%.

hcap
10-28-2018, 01:14 PM
Farmers Almanac is a much better source.;)You mean weathermen. Climatologists deal with climate, not weather.

Approximately 30 year trends not weekly or daily.

boxcar
10-28-2018, 01:18 PM

Do we need a new Political Religious thread? :rolleyes:

I drew an analogy between two human beings. Get over it! Or does vampire blood course through your veins and you react as though you've seen a cross?

boxcar
10-28-2018, 01:22 PM
Boxcar has tried repeatedly, especially since he is now alone and spitting into the wind on the religious threads.

Ahh...you're just jealous because a theist can do something you can't: He can make theism relevant to virtually every topic under the sun. :coffee:

Tom
10-28-2018, 03:40 PM
Farmers Almanac is a much better source.;)

Farmers Almanac is about hcap's pay grade.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 03:57 PM
Men hold Confederate flags in front of a statue of Robert E. Lee prior to the Unite the Right Rally on August 12, 2017, in Charlottesville, Virginia. Jason Andrew/Getty Images

When I go for news, Vox is the first place I look. :pound:

dnlgfnk
10-28-2018, 04:20 PM
Mary S did the same thing on the old del mar board. The forum basically died after that. This forum is different, too many long time posters with racing interest. It would run just fine without OT

There are a lot of boards offering political discussion. Posters that don't know what they're talking about (false info, consistently wrong or twisting facts) are usually ignored altogether and die on the vine. Don't know why this place is different, but (a) it's not hurting anything or any one and (b) certain posters here will always draw negative reactions from others given the discourse.

It's a forum, don't take it so seriously. World peace doesn't hinge on anyone here....If the Mod does take it seriously then things change. Either way, life goes on.

Rather than debate the factors producing the rise of populism (politics), or contrasting views on essentialism vs. existentialism (religion & culture), e.g., it's mostly ad hominems and "whataboutisms", which are very emotive, tiresome and fruitless.

dnlgfnk
10-28-2018, 04:26 PM
Ahh...you're just jealous because a theist can do something you can't: He can make theism relevant to virtually every topic under the sun. :coffee:

I would have stated that in the public square, this requires a common language reducible to natural law, but in this Nominalistic age even that is wanting.

hcap
10-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Ahh...you're just jealous because a theist can do something you can't: He can make theism relevant to virtually every topic under the sun. Except this thread. Problem is you are not relevant.

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 05:02 PM
Legit comparison! You know my batting averages on analogies, right? A perfect 100%.

Yes...your batting average on analogies is quite envious. I particularly enjoyed your reference regarding Trump's "transparency". I would have never thought to use the word "transparent" when describing the only U.S. President in modern history who has insisted upon keeping his tax returns a secret. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 05:06 PM
Yes...your batting average on analogies is quite envious. I particularly enjoyed your reference regarding Trump's "transparency". I would have never thought to use the word "transparent" when describing the only U.S. President in modern history who has insisted upon keeping his tax returns a secret. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

And what would his tax returns being made public make a difference?

People will still hate him or like him.

horses4courses
10-28-2018, 05:20 PM
And what would his tax returns being made public make a difference? People will still hate him or like him.

Anyone can see that it's a pretty key issue to keep under wraps.

For all Trump's haters, myself included, this has always been high on the list.

His defenders state that the IRS would red flag any illegalities.
This is true. However, that only pertains to tax laws.

There is likely information in these returns that compromise him elsewhere.

hcap
10-28-2018, 05:32 PM

There is likely information in these returns that compromise him elsewhere.Considering the expose recently in the NYT, New York state will subpoena them.

A world of hurt a coming down the pike with Mueller's report and the Dems controlling the house. Poor Chumpy

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 05:38 PM
And what would his tax returns being made public make a difference?

People will still hate him or like him.

Come on...we have a president who is obsessed with "tax reform"...and yet he won't let anyone see his own TAX RETURNS? Surely a smart guy like you can spot the irony in that...NO?

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 05:40 PM

There is likely information in these returns that compromise him elsewhere.

You really need to get outside and breath some fresh air.

Enjoy some life.

There is a lot out there to enjoy.

fast4522
10-28-2018, 05:56 PM
Come on...we have a president who is obsessed with "tax reform"...and yet he won't let anyone see his own TAX RETURNS? Surely a smart guy like you can spot the irony in that...NO?

One question, why on Gods green earth would anyone give their opponent any ammunition like the most massive business tax returns ever to pick apart?
Give the lame opponent nothing and rip her to shreads and win.
The reality is your really not that open, and by simple observation your dug in pretty deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G__cEmPmm_k

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 05:57 PM

His tax returns are riddled with exemptions of our current tax laws. I have little doubt.

His tax returns mean zero compared to the 99% of us.

He actually wants to give money back to the little guy. Not some 1 time stipend like the previous dipshit, but an actual change in IRS taxes.

Greyfox
10-28-2018, 06:03 PM
Some posters here seem to believe that "If a precedent is established it must be right."
Tradition doesn't equal virtuousness.

I for one am against showing anyone except the Tax collector my tax returns.
Just because several Presidents made their returns public, doesn't make them right or virtuous..
Actually, in my opinion, it makes them stupid.
Good on Trump for not following that dumb tradition.

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Look...I, personally, couldn't care less if Trump reveals his tax returns, or not. But Boxcar called him "transparent" in a prior post...and my point is that there is nothing "transparent" about a president who keeps something hidden which every other U.S. President in modern history has readily revealed.

horses4courses
10-28-2018, 06:20 PM
Some posters here seem to believe that "If a precedent is established it must be right."
Tradition doesn't equal virtuousness.

I for one am against showing anyone except the Tax collector my tax returns.
Just because several Presidents made their returns public, doesn't make them right or virtuous..
Actually, in my opinion, it makes them stupid.
Good on Trump for not following that dumb tradition.

The fact of the matter is that Trump never made this decision
to uphold your slanted values of virtue. He's hiding something.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 06:24 PM
Look...I, personally, couldn't care less if Trump reveals his tax returns, or not. But Boxcar called him "transparent" in a prior post...and my point is that there is nothing "transparent" about a president who keeps something hidden which every other U.S. President in modern history has readily revealed.

Did you ever read or care about any other President's tax returns?

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 06:30 PM
Did you ever read or care about any other President's tax returns?

I was the first one here to point out Obama's lies about his supposed "transparency"...and now I am pointing out that Trump isn't "transparent" either. Is that good enough for you?

hcap
10-28-2018, 06:32 PM
Did you ever read or care about any other President's tax returns?Other presidents were not accused of fraud, money laundering an violating the emoluments clause. And when Mueller fills in the blanks, it is going to be a hell of a lot more

Just sayin'

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 06:33 PM
I was the first one here to point out Obama's lies about his supposed "transparency"...and now I am pointing out that Trump isn't "transparent" either. Is that good enough for you?

Did you read Obama's tax returns? Much less give a shit about them?

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 06:36 PM
Other presidents were not accused of fraud, money laundering an violating the emoluments clause. And when Mueller fills in the blanks, it is going to be a hell of a lot more

Just sayin'

You are going to be the most unahappiest dude on the planet when the Mueller investigation reveals its results (if any).

You'll then say it was all a sham and demand more, or a better investigation.

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 06:37 PM
Did you read Obama's tax returns? Much less give a shit about them?

Friend...go find someone else to troll. Anything you can do...I can do better.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 06:42 PM
Friend...go find someone else to troll. Anything you can do...I can do better.

Troll? You get asked an honest question that you can't answer without being against everything you say. And that is a troll?

hcap
10-28-2018, 06:46 PM
You are going to be the most unahappiest dude on the planet when the Mueller investigation reveals its results (if any).

You'll then say it was all a sham and demand more, or a better investigation.Facts usually matter unless Trump orders otherwise. BTW, I notice you never use facts. Why is that?

All of Robert Mueller’s indictments and plea deals in the Russia investigation so far
That we know of. as of 10/10
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17031772/mueller-indictments-grand-jury

...Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team has indicted or gotten guilty pleas from 32 people and three companies — that we know of.

That group is composed of four former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Six of these people (including now all four former Trump aides) have pleaded guilty.

If you also count investigations that Mueller originated but then referred elsewhere in the Justice Department, you can add plea deals from two more people to the list.

It’s a sprawling set of allegations, encompassing both election interference charges against overseas Russians, and various other crimes by American Trump advisers.

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 06:47 PM
Troll? You get asked an honest question that you can't answer without being against everything you say. And that is a troll?

You wouldn't know an "honest question" if it slapped you in the face. When was the last time that YOU answered any questions that were posed to you here? You confuse your snide remarks for "honest questions"? :rolleyes:

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 06:50 PM
You wouldn't know an "honest question" if it slapped you in the face. When was the last time that YOU answered any questions that were posed to you here? You confuse your snide remarks for "honest questions"? :rolleyes:

Ask me an honest question.

hcap
10-28-2018, 06:51 PM

YOU DUCK HONEST QUESTIONS WITH GLIB FACT-FREE 2 LINERS

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 06:52 PM

Okay:

When did you have more money in your pocket...NOW, or when Obama was president. Don't ask me why am asking you this...just give me an honest answer.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 06:55 PM
Okay:

When did you have more money in your pocket...NOW, or when Obama was president. Don't ask me why am asking you this...just give me an honest answer.

Undoubtedly now.

I now have 3.5% more take home pay than when Obama was President. that includes normal raises/inflation.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 06:57 PM

All caps. Really?

You got a question, or you just gonna hcap?

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 07:05 PM

They never answer questions... a few are smart enough to know they are being painted into a corner.

Thats why they fire back personal attacks or play word games.

They can't answer it because it makes our point.

ReplayRandall
10-28-2018, 07:17 PM
They never answer questions... a few are smart enough to know they are being painted into a corner.

Says the genius who ducks and pivots anytime he gets his butt trapped in his own nonsense and rhetoric......It's laughable how slick you think you are.

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 07:21 PM
Says the genius who ducks and pivots anytime he gets his butt trapped in his own nonsense and rhetoric......It's laughable how slick you think you are.

Okay Sayoc...

Oh yes, there'll be "special" treatment for Brennan very soon.....
You couldn't be more wrong about this walking dead man, Horsey....:eek:

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 07:22 PM

Our?

What point. Or do you have one?

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 07:24 PM
Our?

What point. Or do you have one?

Still waiting on that response or do we want to redux the entitlement reform discussion reform where I called for raising eligibility ages and adjustments... or do you want to take the Trump/lib side of no entitlement reform?

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 07:25 PM
Okay Sayoc...

Hey...ReplayRandall's prophecies are like those of the bible; they carry no expiration date. Given enough time...they are liable to be proven true. :ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 07:27 PM
Still waiting on that response or do we want to redux the entitlement reform discussion reform where I called for raising eligibility ages and adjustments... or do you want to take the Trump/lib side of no entitlement reform?

So you are FOR entitlement reform?

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 07:27 PM
Hey...ReplayRandall's prophecies are like those of the bible; they carry no expiration date. Given enough time...they are liable to be proven true. :ThmbUp:

No, the Deepest State will build Brennan a android to keep being a "meanie" to Trump forever... because that's whats causing the violence. :rolleyes:

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 07:30 PM
No, the Deepest State will build Brennan a android to keep being a "meanie" to Trump forever... because that's whats causing the violence. :rolleyes:

You do realize how stupid shit like this sounds, right?

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 07:31 PM
So you are FOR entitlement reform?

I've posted that on here a BILLION TIMES.

Its why the "you're a leftist" attack is so humorous to me... I'm FURTHER RIGHT on a lot of issues than Trump and his supporters are.

Why do you think I keep hammering on the deficit?

Why do you think I don't like tariffs? They're taxes!

Why do you think I don't like farm subsidies? Its Socialism!

Why do you think I hate Trump on these trade agreements? Its my or my businesses money... stay the **** out of it!

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 07:32 PM
You do realize how stupid shit like this sounds, right?

Whoosh.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 07:33 PM

And now we have you all glibbing and glabbing without any real answers.

Shocking.

Any more questions, or do you just want to BS some more?

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 07:44 PM
I've posted that on here a BILLION TIMES.

Its why the "you're a leftist" attack is so humorous to me... I'm FURTHER RIGHT on a lot of issues than Trump and his supporters are.

Why do you think I keep hammering on the deficit?

Why do you think I don't like tariffs? They're taxes!

Why do you think I don't like farm subsidies? Its Socialism!
nd
Why do you think I hate Trump on these trade agreements? Its my or my businesses money... stay the **** out of it!

I'd love to have no deficit. I won't argue against that. Entitlements are a very large part of that.

Tariffs aren't all that bad. Trump is kind of starting to win that battle. We've bent over for so long, that it will take time. We can't be a bitch to China.

I live in Nebraska. Farm subsidies are a very large part of my world. It is a very hard and tough question for me. I grew up in small town nowhere and I know families that depend upon them. To be honest, we should take them away. Or at least ween them off of the subsidies.

Trade agreements for our country are shit. We have always bent over. How about we get our worth?

Anything else?

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 07:56 PM
I'd love to have no deficit. I won't argue against that. Entitlements are a very large part of that.

Tariffs aren't all that bad. Trump is kind of starting to win that battle. We've bent over for so long, that it will take time. We can't be a bitch to China.

I live in Nebraska. Farm subsidies are a very large part of my world. It is a very hard and tough question for me. I grew up in small town nowhere and I know families that depend upon them. To be honest, we should take them away. Or at least ween them off of the subsidies.

Trade agreements for our country are shit. We have always bent over. How about we get our worth?

Anything else?

There are threads for trade if you want...

I'm not a leftie... I'm more pro-market, pro-capitalist, and fiscally responsible than any of you hacks and sure as hell more than the President.

You guys are just sheep...

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 07:58 PM
You say this with zero facts... we have pages and pages of threads on Tariffs where nobody has actually made a decent point on being for them...

They're taxes and they don't work... especially not in his estimation/stated goal.

Here's another hot take... the President shouldn't call out businesses for doing what's best for themselves or their shareholders... *cough* Harley Davidson *cough* Ford.

Finally you're "we've been getting bent over" argument holds no water and isn't rooted in anything factual... Its what Trump says so it must be true... I guess Bernie was your next pick after Trump then right?

Seriously...

You guys are sheep being led.

Thanks for the rightful attempt at an honest discussion.

Sorry that you are just batshit crazy.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 08:03 PM

I'm not a leftie... I'm more pro-market, pro-capitalist, and fiscally responsible than any of you hacks and sure as hell more than the President.

Sheep? Hacks?

Is that really all you have?

I thought you wanted a discussion? I've been more than honest and straight forward and this is the the shit ass response you give me.

You're better than this.

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 08:05 PM
Sheep? Hacks?

Is that really all you have?

I thought you wanted a discussion? I've been more than honest and straight forward and this is the the shit ass response you give me.

You're better than this.

There is a litany of pages on trade... go there.

This board has a search function. Meet ya there.

Instead you just want me to repeat myself yet again?

Here short version: I want the government to stay out of picking winners and losers in the economy... I wanted that with Obama and his Green Energy Green Job bullshit... and I want it with Trump and his Steel/Aluminum workers.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 08:11 PM
There is a litany of pages on trade... go there.

This board has a search function. Meet ya there.

Instead you just want me to repeat myself yet again?

Here short version: I want the government to stay out of picking winners and losers in the economy... I wanted that with Obama and his Green Energy Green Job bullshit... and I want it with Trump and his Steel/Aluminum workers.

As per normal all you have is go here, or go there.

I don't want to go there. I'm here front and center. Yell at me. Bitch at me. At least be honest and real.

Convince me I'm wrong. I have no problem with being proven wrong.

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 08:18 PM
As per normal all you have is go here, or go there.

I don't want to go there. I'm here front and center. Yell at me. Bitch at me. At least be honest and real.

Bro we've actually talked about this before... I left you the short version above and you ignored it.

You guys have shit memories but its probably good since your positions change all the time...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2247121&postcount=153

Crazy how I can remember a post like that huh?

ReplayRandall
10-28-2018, 08:22 PM

I've been around the block more than you ever have by a factor of 3x, been through more in life that I would never wish on anyone. Totally turned my back on God for 10 years, almost destroying myself, came back and flourished beyond what I never thought was possible. Retired at age 52, and have played the horses at a profitable level ever since. Just celebrate my 27th anniversary with my new bride, and we are debt free.....And yet, I'm always protecting against those who only want anarchy and chaos, but I'll never relent.

I am a Warrior, fully armored, battle-tested and ultimately victorious....but enough about me, as all glory in my life goes to the Almighty.

Sheep.....indeed.

fast4522
10-28-2018, 08:22 PM

In post # 96 I drilled down on "transparent" and how that compared to the loser. In post 101 Boxcar does not go into that does he? You dodged my post because it was dead nuts with the "transparent" issue. You tried to morph part of my post to suit you narrative with tax returns. Review posts 06 & 101 and dodge it again if you wish, this is why elections are decided. In politics thin is not in period.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 08:25 PM
Bro we've actually talked about this before... I left you the short version above and you ignored it.

You guys have shit memories but its probably good since your positions change all the time...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2247121&postcount=153

Crazy how I can remember a post like that huh?

I remember it vividly.

We need to cut entitlements. How do you propose we do that?

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 08:29 PM
I've been around the block more than you ever have by a factor of 3x, been through more in life that I would never wish on anyone. Totally turned my back on God for 10 years, almost destroying myself, came back and flourished beyond what I never thought was possible. Retired at age 52, and have played the horses at a profitable level ever since. Just celebrate my 27th anniversary with my new bride, and we are debt free.....And yet, I'm always protecting against those who only want anarchy and chaos, but I'll never relent.

I am a Warrior, fully armored, battle-tested and ultimately victorious....but enough about me, as all glory in my life goes to the Almighty.

Sheep.....indeed.

Who else was on the gift package list Sayoc?

The C-130 ready to drop the first few off a Guantanamo?

Oh yes, there'll be "special" treatment for Brennan very soon.....
You couldn't be more wrong about this walking dead man, Horsey....:eek:

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 08:36 PM
And now we have you all glibbing and glabbing without any real answers.

Shocking.

Any more questions, or do you just want to BS some more?

"Real Answers"? :)

Look. What initially attracted me to this site was the belief that this was a GAMBLER'S forum. My expertise is in GAMBLING...and my wish from the beginning was to come here and talk only about the things that I was well versed in. I wanted to talk horse-handicapping theory, and share my gambling experiences with those who would care to listen. And if anybody here gave me a hard time -- and they did -- then I would be able to defend myself by putting my horseplaying knowledge into actual practice...so I could silence the critics in due time. Alas...the handicapping conversations here died out...and I now find myself in the off-topics forum...where NOTHING is as it seems. There are political "experts" everywhere you look here...and the political theories are a dime-a-dozen. "Why is the economy improving?"..."Why is the economy tanking?"..."Why is the stock market up?"..."why is the stock market down?"..."Is Trump being serious with what he says?"..."Is he just trolling the Left?"...everyone has his own opinion about these things...and everyone thinks that his opinion is right. And my own opinion is that we are all stupid for getting into serious arguments about these things....because all we are doing is working up genuine HATRED for one another...even though we know nothing about those with whom we are arguing.

I am just a simple guy who wants a decent life for himself and his family. And I am tired of arguing here about things that really don't matter to me. I have lived in this country since 1973...and have seen presidents and administrations come and go. No one has put bread on my table...nor do I believe that any elected official ever had my "best interests" at heart. All my life I've been working with my sleeves rolled up...and I trust that most of the posters here have acted likewise. The politicians work for THEMSELVES and for the special-interest groups who get them elected...and then they descend to their retirement mansions with the aid of golden parachutes...while the citizens spend their "golden years" alone and neglected...eating ravioli out of a can with a plastic fork. And here we are, arguing and hating one another...without realizing that we are all part of the same catastrophe. We think that we have EACH OTHER as an enemy...when the real enemy is hiding behind the curtain...laughing his ass off at our expense.

As I said...my expertise is in GAMBLING...and, from now on...that's all I will talk about on this board. I will hang up my shingle over at the horse racing forum of this site...and I will talk gambling there, for as long as people want me to. Those are the only "answers" that I am comfortable giving...and, for good or for bad...that's the only topic that I currently am passionate about. The political scene is laughable to me...and not worthy of even one more minute of my valuable time. Come to think of it...I am a fool for ever joining the political conversations here to begin with. And, IMO...so is everybody else.

ReplayRandall
10-28-2018, 08:37 PM

What I can share, I've already done so....The "Q" thread was closed almost a month ago. We are not peers Ely, as you have a lot to learn, but will not because you believe you know everything. I realize I don't know everything, never will, but I'm a lot further down the road of wisdom than you.

With that being said, I'm putting you on permanent IGNORE...Good Luck with the rest of your life.

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 08:37 PM
I remember it vividly.

We need to cut entitlements. How do you propose we do that?

Bump eligibility ages first and then means test if you have to...

You know... the Republican platform of everybody the past decade but Trump...

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 08:43 PM

Really? You are gong to call/compare RR to a guy who has sent multiple bombs through the mail?

FFS is there anything you won't do?

You think you are the smartest person in the room at all times, and you believe your thinking is infallible.

You are a dangerous person, and not in the ways that you believe.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 08:59 PM
"Real Answers"? :)

That. Was. Awesome.

73er you say, huh? Young punk. :D

Eloquent response Thask, and I can't agree more.

I'm sure you've seen some of my hard work in 'capping races on the other side. It is my passion, and like you, why I came here. And I go all in on it and will always be as honest as I can be. (Hell, what other option is there?).

You should venture over to the 'selections' side. A lot of great people over there. Maybe the best on this very site.

elysiantraveller
10-28-2018, 09:00 PM
Really? You are gong to call/compare RR to a guy who has sent multiple bombs through the mail?

FFS is there anything you won't do?

You think you are the smartest person in the room at all times, and you believe your thinking is infallible.

You are a dangerous person, and not in the ways that you believe.

RR actually did talk about these people getting killed as recently as a couple of months ago...

I said it was bad taste then... nobody joined me.

This shit really has no place anywhere unless you're pretty ****ing gone.

So far in this thread people are casually talking about:

1) murdering a US citizen.
2) waterboarding a US citizen.

For badmouthing the president...

Where's my facism link when I need it? :rolleyes:

Oh wait! Gets better the guy that runs this place defended it!

Murdering? Who?

The walking dead comment shouldn't be taken literally...if that's what you're basing that on.

But I get it...you like to be super literal and super brain-dead when it suits your cause.

thaskalos
10-28-2018, 09:10 PM
That. Was. Awesome.

73er you say, huh? Young punk. :D

Eloquent response Thask, and I can't agree more.

I'm sure you've seen some of my hard work in 'capping races on the other side. It is my passion, and like you, why I came here. And I go all in on it and will always be as honest as I can be. (Hell, what other option is there?).

You should venture over to the 'selections' side. A lot of great people over there. Maybe the best on this very site.

I came to this COUNTRY in 1973...that's not when I was born. I will be 57 next month! :eek:

Yes...I've seen your handicapping work on the other side. And I will see you over at the "selections" soon. :ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker
10-28-2018, 09:21 PM
I came to this COUNTRY in 1973...that's not when I was born. I will be 57 next month! :eek:

Yes...I've seen your handicapping work on the other side. And I will see you over at the "selections" soon. :ThmbUp:

Happy Birthday old fart. :)

Ultimate 2018 Longshot thread. Man I'd love to see you posting in there. A seriously good group of people. Even when I'm losing I have fun. :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
10-29-2018, 11:08 AM
Steve King: Members of Nazi-linked party in Austria ‘would be Republicans’ if they were in US (https://thehill.com/homenews/house/413601-steve-king-members-of-nazi-linked-party-in-austria-would-be-republicans-if)

“If they were in America pushing the platform that they push, they would be Republicans,” King, who is known for his inflammatory statements about immigration, told The Post.

Tom
10-29-2018, 11:42 AM
Don't you have reports on your neighbors due to the Office ov Invermation?

Yabol?

Buckeye
12-18-2018, 08:06 PM

Explains allot. Wake up.

I got some pushback when I first posted this, however I think it's worth repeating.

thaskalos
12-18-2018, 08:19 PM
I got some pushback when I first posted this, however I think it's worth repeating.

Our country is fighting for its LIFE at this time? And we are all sitting here watching the NFL? :confused:

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2018, 08:25 PM
Our country is fighting for its LIFE at this time? And we are all sitting here watching the NFL? :confused:More evidence just how ridiculous everyone has become.

Hysterics....TOP THIS addictions...it's not even interesting any longer.