PDA

View Full Version : Trump's Cell Phone - More Fake News

delayjf
10-26-2018, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure if this was pointed out or not in the now closed thread, but apparently Trump has been using a secured cell phone as of a few days after taking office. Fake News. All this from the those who had no problem with Hillary's use of a unsecured server in her basement.

woodtoo
10-26-2018, 08:53 AM
Do they (Fakenews) hate President Trump more than everything else?
It boggles the mind.

Tom
10-26-2018, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure if this was pointed out or not in the now closed thread, but apparently Trump has been using a secured cell phone as of a few days after taking office. Fake News. All this from the those who had no problem with Hillary's use of a unsecured server in her basement.

Amen, the hypocrisy of some is amazing.
Mindless bots.

tucker6
10-26-2018, 09:02 AM
It's like they think our collective memories of their arguments for Hillary's actions have been whitewashed. It's actually quite sad to see what "journalism" has become in the 21st century. And it's not even the tribalism and bias as much as it is the laziness in the reporting. I bet their shoes have no scuff marks on the soles.

woodtoo
10-26-2018, 09:04 AM
It's like they think our collective memories of their arguments for Hillary's actions have been whitewashed. It's actually quite sad to see what "journalism" has become in the 21st century. And it's not even the tribalism and bias as much as it is the laziness in the reporting. I bet their shoes have no scuff marks on the soles.

Do journalists have a code of conduct like an oath to impartiality?
Or did they bury it on page 59.

tucker6
10-26-2018, 09:10 AM
Do journalists have a code of conduct like an oath to impartiality?
Or did they bury it on page 59.

Truth be told, reporters have never been honest and have always had some bias. Think Civil War and what Lincoln had to take from the press during those times. After WWII, the reporting actually went the other way, and hid many of the warts that Kennedy and Johnson had. I sometimes think the press mimics the politicians. When you have statesmen and bipartisanship, the press reacts to that in a similar manner, but when no one is acting statesmanlike and bipartisan, the press chooses sides. Throw in 24/7 news outlets now, and reporting is more opinion than anything else. I personally don't think 95% of reporters/talking heads have a better understanding of what is happening in the world than me, so why give me your opinion. It counts the same as mine. Zero

Tom
10-26-2018, 09:15 AM
Every so-called news channel now has a regular "panel" to discuss the issue.

BS.

News doesn't need to be discussed - only reported.
As was pointed out to me yesterday, FOX keeps Juan Williams on the air not for the brilliant observations he brings ( none) but he is a whiny little weasel who give the others something to play off of.

Most import news is never mentioned on TV news anymore.
Our media is a disgrace.

Trump is right to attack it.
They deserve it.

woodtoo
10-26-2018, 09:21 AM
Turns out they do have a "code of ethics" or the "canons of journalism".
And it covers the usual subjects, truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality. Actually the list goes on and on and on about the integrity of the press, the "common standards" they invoke upon themselves.

But it appears many journalist and their organisations have recently just decided "to hell with that nonsense, we must resist" following the orders of their masters, who ever they might be.
:rip:You had a good run while it lasted!

woodtoo
10-26-2018, 09:24 AM
Every so-called news channel now has a regular "panel" to discuss the issue.

BS.

News doesn't need to be discussed - only reported.
As was pointed out to me yesterday, FOX keeps Juan Williams on the air not for the brilliant observations he brings ( none) but he is a whiny little weasel who give the others something to play off of.

Most import news is never mentioned on TV news anymore.
Our media is a disgrace.

Trump is right to attack it.
They deserve it.

They do deserve every barb thrown their way!

chadk66
10-26-2018, 12:16 PM
After reading some of the posts on here on a daily basis it makes it crystal clear why trump was elected :pound:

FantasticDan
10-26-2018, 12:36 PM
After reading some of the posts on here on a daily basis it makes it crystal clear why trump was elected :pound:
You got that right :lol: :ThmbUp:

https://media.giphy.com/media/cSslU0bWWNjO/giphy.gif

chadk66
10-26-2018, 04:29 PM
It’s actually quite telling that 20% of the country is so bat shit crazy that it caused so many non republicans to vote for the guy. And he didn’t even offer to give away free shit

davew
10-26-2018, 10:23 PM
It’s actually quite telling that 20% of the country is so bat shit crazy that it caused so many non republicans to vote for the guy. And he didn’t even offer to give away free shit

It is surprising how many people would rather have a good job and work than be on government dole.

chadk66
10-27-2018, 08:08 AM
It is surprising how many people would rather have a good job and work than be on government dole.i was rather surprised by that too.

delayjf
10-27-2018, 09:55 AM
It is surprising how many people would rather have a good job and work than be on government dole.

Speaking of which, according to the below article, more than 50% of Americans receive more money in Gov assistance than they pay in taxes.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-24/more-half-america-gets-more-welfare-it-pays-taxes