10-23-2018, 08:02 PM
Should be new slogan for Republicans.

horses4courses
10-23-2018, 08:40 PM

Thought it already was :rolleyes:

barahona44
10-24-2018, 09:06 AM
I thought when it came to politicians advice to their constituents ,a simple "Shut up" is what they want from the voters.

woodbinepmi
10-24-2018, 11:26 AM

Remember this one in '92 'It's the economy stupid'?
You don't like that anymore.

Tom
10-24-2018, 11:30 AM
As a show of force and solidarity, ALL democrats should REFUSE the tax cuts and send in checks to reimburse the money.

Horsey, I'll buy you the stamp and envelop if you post a photo of the check.

Deal?

Saratoga_Mike
10-24-2018, 11:37 AM

I suspect peak economic activity was over the summer. Unless
US productivity picks up* (it could if capital investments** accelerate, of course, the economy won't grow much more than 2.0% to 2.5%/yr). I have no idea what the 3Q18 GDP print will look like, but it's backward looking.

*GDP growth is a function of population growth (not picking up) and productivity.

**the trend has certainly improved this year

JustRalph
10-24-2018, 12:18 PM
Xmas sales going to be YYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEE!

Saratoga_Mike
10-24-2018, 12:30 PM

1999 Christmas sales were great, too. I'm not calling for a 2000/1 repeat (no giant tech bubble), just saying it isn't that predictive of the future. Right now, the labor markets are really tight and wages are better. Maybe this is as good as it gets. We'll see.

Clocker
10-24-2018, 01:26 PM
I suspect peak economic activity was over the summer.

Some share of that activity was stockpiling in anticipation of tariffs.

Saratoga_Mike
10-24-2018, 01:56 PM
Some share of that activity was stockpiling in anticipation of tariffs.

y

burnsy
10-24-2018, 05:48 PM
Speaking of the economy, there goes this years years gains. Lol. Just like I said , in the matter of days. And this maybe a minor correction. Goobers and brain trusts the interest rates will have to rise someday. They are already inching them. Trillions of debt to service. It can’t last forever. Yeah, it’s booming.......wait for it! The hangover will come eventually. How does one finance trillions without paying the piper? Republican and Democrat economics ..... lol

Tom
10-24-2018, 07:18 PM
And in just days, it can all come back.
Bet you had a hard time sitting through all those GOOD days just waiting to play Genius with this post.

I'm impressed as HELL at your economic insight!

Clocker
10-24-2018, 08:18 PM
Speaking of the economy, there goes this years years gains.
The stock market is not the economy. :rolleyes:

Clocker
10-24-2018, 08:28 PM
"Shut Up and Take the Prosperity"
Political parties create wealth?

sammy the sage
10-24-2018, 09:16 PM
Speaking of the economy, there goes this years years gains. Lol. Just like I said , in the matter of days. And this maybe a minor correction. Goobers and brain trusts the interest rates will have to rise someday. They are already inching them. Trillions of debt to service. It can’t last forever. Yeah, it’s booming.......wait for it! The hangover will come eventually. How does one finance trillions without paying the piper? Republican and Democrat economics ..... lol

You've hit THE nail on the head...

New Car sales are declining as well...many other indicators as well...

I'll catch grief for this...but a recession has started....I wrote about it a week ago here...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148103

ReplayRandall
10-24-2018, 09:24 PM
You've hit THE nail on the head...

New Car sales are declining as well...many other indicators as well...

I'll catch grief for this...but a recession has started....I wrote about it a week ago here...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148103

No grief for you Sammy, a recession has indeed started months ago, in a majority of the country, excluding Texas....All the signs are there if anyone does the research, especially the bond market 10 year notes, which will continue to rise causing a yield curve inversion....Down goes the housing market, bond and stock market.....Look out below, it's going to be real bad.

JustRalph
10-24-2018, 11:18 PM
You can capitalize on some things.

You are going to see some incredible incentives on new cars come Xmas and even better in the spring.

The used market will take until late spring to fill with inventory, but it will and drive prices down.

horses4courses
10-25-2018, 12:03 AM

You are going to see some incredible incentives on new cars come Xmas and even better in the spring.

The used market will take until late spring to fill with inventory, but it will and drive prices down.

Who's this?
The Automotive Swami talking?

This is indeed great news!
Especially for all those forced to live in their vehicles.

Just wait.

JustRalph
10-25-2018, 01:33 AM
Who's this?
The Automotive Swami talking?

This is indeed great news!
Especially for all those forced to live in their vehicles.

Just wait.

I work very closely with some car dealers in my business. Lots of shop talk goes on. I’m talking guys with 30 yrs experience and a couple owners of dealerships. They tell me what’s coming in the pipeline.

It must be fun sitting at home hoping to watch the economy collapse.

barahona44
10-25-2018, 09:33 AM
I was at a Nissan dealership on Tuesday where my car was being serviced on a factory recall.There were about a dozen people in the service department waiting room when the sales manager came in and was started making a sales pitch about all the cars and deals that they had, was anybody in a lease deal they wanted to get out of,great prices on used cars,etc.This went on for about 10 minutes and was definitely a first in my experience.

Things always eventually slow down.Economic cycles are real and politicians can't will the economy to success, no matter how much they want to.

Buckeye
10-25-2018, 10:03 PM
I would fix my own car but I don't have the time. :)

porchy44
10-26-2018, 06:36 PM
I would like to shut up and enjoy the prosperity but...
that blasted noise coming from a generator for the last three weeks 24 hours a day is driving me crazy. I seriously hope my neighbor finds the money to get his electric turned back on.

Suff
10-26-2018, 06:52 PM
Last 30 day Screen shot of my mobile trading account with Robinhood
Kinda buried this month. Surprisingly my cryptos are even/up this week.
Riot block chain actually up a full point today. Dji down a full point today

Buckeye
10-26-2018, 06:56 PM
And I thought I was confused.

No matter what, there is always something positive.

That's the way I look at it.

Saratoga_Mike
10-29-2018, 02:25 PM
For 2Q18 and 3Q18, railcar volumes (carloads) were up 5% and 4% y/y, respectively. For the first three weeks of October, the number is up 1.3% y/y. Some of the deceleration is likely related to tariff pre-buys, but the data is certainly worth monitoring, as the stock market is sending a slowdown signal (of course the market is often wrong).

Source: AAR.

chadk66
10-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Extremely robust economy here. Problem is so many jobs popped up around the country that a large percentage that were here for work from other states have been able to go back home and go back to work there. And guess what. They’re from the states that are exploding economically as mentioned. Which is leaving a pile of job openings here

burnsy
11-21-2018, 07:46 PM
And in just days, it can all come back.
Bet you had a hard time sitting through all those GOOD days just waiting to play Genius with this post.

I'm impressed as HELL at your economic insight!

You should be.....I told you what would be coming. Then some chump tries to explain economics to me......I had to laugh. I know more about it than most of these clowns put together. I only spent 6 years studying the subject....

Just thought it would take longer.....but its coming. Just like I said.

These "new" jobs pay shit. Housing on the down turn.

Stock Market tanking......Merry Christmas!!!!:lol:

Trumps a crying and the Republicans are...….Silent?

Some fool on here trying to explain that the stock market is not the economy. No shit Sherlock...but if it tanks out it will be.

We will just print some more that will work....:lol:. Hold those interest rates!!! We can't we've been doing that for years.

Had to come back today and laugh. And this is just the beginning...the worse is yet to come.

And yes, I'm a genius. My parents had me tested! lol

jocko699
11-21-2018, 09:07 PM
You should be.....I told you what would be coming. Then some chump tries to explain economics to me......I had to laugh. I know more about it than most of these clowns put together. I only spent 6 years studying the subject....

Some fool on here trying to explain that the stock market is not the economy. No shit Sherlock...but if it tanks out it will be.

We will just print some more that will work....:lol:. Hold those interest rates!!! We can't we've been doing that for years.

Had to come back today and laugh. And this is just the beginning...the worse is yet to come.

Congrats on your parents testing you. When do you leave the basement?

Buckeye
11-21-2018, 09:40 PM
Did I ever disclose an Ivy League University awarded me a Economics degree?

I thought so.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Not only that, I learned plenty watching Wall $treet Week with Louis Rukeyser.

I think he graduated from Princeton, same as my Father.

Come to think of it, my Uncle did too.

Point is, relax.

Tom
11-21-2018, 09:55 PM

Did you get your shots?

JustRalph
11-21-2018, 11:43 PM

Modest too!

Secretariat
11-21-2018, 11:48 PM
https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans-to-reduce-national-debt-4114401

Clocker
11-22-2018, 12:49 AM
https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans-to-reduce-national-debt-4114401

Fairy tales can come true. So can political promises made by people with no track record or experience.

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2018, 02:59 AM
https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans-to-reduce-national-debt-4114401Well well, look who has returned.

See, I just told you guys in another thread that nobody really leaves here...

Welcome back Sec...I know, I know, you're going to tell me it's only a one time deal.

Tom
11-22-2018, 09:42 AM
LJB would have come too, but he is busy in LA this week.

Saratoga_Mike
12-14-2018, 10:46 AM

November retail sales were up 0.7 percent seasonally adjusted from October and increased 5 percent unadjusted year-over-year, completing the first half of the holiday shopping season with spending on track to easily meet the National Retail Federation's forecast, NRF said today.

JustRalph
06-23-2019, 11:28 AM

It’s on......

https://www.consumerreports.org/buying-a-car/best-new-car-deals-for-july-4th/

Lots of other incentives and some great deals on a lease.

If you’re in the market for a new car, this is the best time in five years.

fast4522
06-28-2019, 11:38 PM
This one is for JR.

JustRalph
06-29-2019, 06:13 AM
This one is for JR.

Mustang?

fast4522
06-29-2019, 10:53 AM
Sure mustang works, figured you was a stick guy in your younger years.

I miss my GTO that had a Stone crusher transmission.

JustRalph
06-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Learn to drive a 3 on the tree in the Beulah Park parking lot

barahona44
06-30-2019, 12:00 AM
Learn to drive a 3 on the tree in the Beulah Park parking lot

Haven't heard that expression since the Carter administration!

My Nissan has a standard transmission.Best anti-theft device around-these young hoodlums don't know to drive them.:D

JustRalph
08-28-2019, 11:44 PM

End of year incentives are big

“I’ve never seen factory incentives like this. Even automakers who don’t typically have very many rebates have jumped into the fray in a big way.”

https://www.carprousa.com/Car-Shoppers-Dont-Miss-Big-Labor-Day-Auto-Sales/a/1003?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=76186389&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8jNevEtrmRk3yLXmGkcsMlSsg-glgr3zsyDkHH4rwVyzAZd33LrOX1RfjrZJojhvdrJiGlKoAsKK WijdPE7A5wwYuX2w&_hsmi=76186389