PDA

View Full Version : Trump's America

horses4courses
10-22-2018, 01:14 PM
It's come to this. We should all be ashamed but, of course, we're not.
Trump won't condemn any incidents like this - why would his supporters?

The most hate filled, divided, U.S. society since the mid 19th century.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqElnKpVYAEdgZe.jpg:small

Two small examples of a much broader problem.

A Latina woman was with family visiting from Guatemala when she says they were verbally harassed by a white woman for conversing in Spanish at a Virginia restaurant.

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5bcdd5231f0000710325985d.png?cache=hbm4fh4dqi&ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/family-harassed-for-speaking-spanish_us_5bcdc521e4b055bc9482d380

wisconsin
10-22-2018, 01:26 PM
Yeah, this never occurred before Trump entered office :rolleyes:

Do you have anything better?

horses4courses
10-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Yeah, this never occurred before Trump entered office :rolleyes:

Do you have anything better?

As stated above, I would never expect you to see what is wrong with this.

ReplayRandall
10-22-2018, 01:39 PM

Quick question Horsey, does an American citizen have the right to ask another person in their local area, are you a legal citizen or are you a visitor?

horses4courses
10-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Quick question Horsey, does an American citizen have the right to ask another person in their local area, are you a legal citizen or are you a visitor?

Nice attempt at deflection, RR.
You should know better.

ReplayRandall
10-22-2018, 01:46 PM
Nice attempt at deflection, RR.
You should know better.

Then reverse the roles....I'm on vacation in Costa Rica, and I'm traveling out of the tourist areas with a friend who lives there. If a Costa Rican citizen comes up to me, in his neighborhood, and asks me the same question as in the previous post, what's the difference?

Tom
10-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post

I'll take a stab at it.
It is wrong, just like people verbally attacking both Pelosi and McConnell in public restaurants, at the suggestion of a sitting congresswomen, Mad Maxine, and a FAILED presidential candidate, Hillary, because people should act civil, no matter what their so-called leaders tell them.

That what you meant?

Or was it that a couple of random people acted badly and YOU think you have just proven the Trump is the Anti-Christ and his followers are druids?

I condemn that kind of behavior, and I support Trump so your theory is moot.
How man DEMOCRATS - elected officials of this country - have condemn the attacks on McConnell?

What a pathetic little whine.

Clocker
10-22-2018, 01:55 PM
does an American citizen have the right to ask another person in their local area, are you a legal citizen or are you a visitor?

Yes, under the 1st Amendment, you have a right to make an ass of yourself in public, as the woman in the video demonstrated.

You also have the right to make an ass of yourself on the internet by blaming this incident on Trump or anyone else other than the woman herself.

woodtoo
10-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Yes, under the 1st Amendment, you have a right to make an ass of yourself in public, as the woman in the video demonstrated.

You also have the right to make an ass of yourself on the internet by blaming this incident on Trump or anyone else other than the woman herself.

America is still a free country.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2018, 01:58 PM
The most hate filled, divided, U.S. society since the mid 19th century.You can thank people like Maxine Waters and the Democratic party (the party which once said we must all accept the results of the election and move on, when they thought CLINTON WASN'T SUPPOSED TO LOSE) for the current atmosphere.

You have people of all walks being harassed in restaurants...that's the new MO...thanks Dems...

ReplayRandall
10-22-2018, 02:00 PM
I'll take a stab at it.
It is wrong, just like people verbally attacking both Pelosi and McConnell in public restaurants, at the suggestion of a sitting congresswomen, Mad Maxine, and a FAILED presidential candidate, Hillary, because people should act civil, no matter what their so-called leaders tell them.

That what you meant?

Or was it that a couple of random people acted badly and YOU think you have just proven the Trump is the Anti-Christ and his followers are druids?

I condemn that kind of behavior, and I support Trump so your theory is moot.
How man DEMOCRATS - elected officials of this country - have condemn the attacks on McConnell?

What a pathetic little whine.

Both of you had no problem addressing the situation quickly and succinctly, but Horsey does have a problem...How and Why?

horses4courses
10-22-2018, 02:01 PM
I'll take a stab at it.

That what you meant?

Thanks for admitting that it's wrong.

I agree that public figures should not be confronted in restaurants.
Regardless of their beliefs and affiliations. It's a cheap shot, by any standards.

Tom
10-22-2018, 02:02 PM

Sharp post. :ThmbUp:
Pretty much cut to the chase!

Be prepared for a multi-colored cartoon coming about you.:eek:

horses4courses
10-22-2018, 02:03 PM

My point is that Trump enables people like her.
He does absolutely nothing about it.

thaskalos
10-22-2018, 02:06 PM

Yes...the American citizen has the right to ask another person this...or anything else that the "American citizen" is curious about. And the other person also has the right to reply: "What business is that of yours?". Which, by the way, is my more polite reply when someone tries to remind me that "This is America"...and that I should converse "only in English here".

ReplayRandall
10-22-2018, 02:08 PM
Yes...the American citizen has the right to ask another person this...or anything else that the "American citizen" is curious about. And the other person also has the right to reply: "What business is that of yours?". Which, by the way, is my more polite reply when someone tries to remind me that "This is America"...and that I should converse "only in English here".

You Greeks and your snappy replies....:p

Tom
10-22-2018, 02:08 PM

He should stand up and tell theses people to ignore Mad Maxy and Hillary and act civil in public.

That would show them.

Clocker
10-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Sharp post. :ThmbUp:
Pretty much cut to the chase!
Thanx.

My reply was too quick and not as complete as it should be. You do not have the right to make an ass of yourself on someone else's property, like a restaurant or on a web site, without at least the tacit approval of the owner.

horses4courses
10-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Thanx.

My reply was too quick and not as complete as it should be. You do not have the right to make an ass of yourself on someone else's property, like a restaurant or on a web site, without at least the tacit approval of the owner.

I'd always choose making an ass of myself over ignoring reality.
Wouldn't you?

Tom
10-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Then YOU are supporting Trump's America.

Thank you for your support of the big Guy!

Clocker
10-22-2018, 02:18 PM

And he shouldn't. Her action is protected by the 1st Amendment, subject to the property rights of the owner.

As disgusting as she is, is she any worse than the guy that verbally assaulted Mitch McConnell in a restaurant? Did Trump enable that guy, to the point that he grabbed McConnell's doggie bag and threw it in the street? I didn't see any libs here disowning that guy.

ReplayRandall
10-22-2018, 02:19 PM
Then YOU are supporting Trump's America.

Thank you for your support of the big Guy!

Trump's America...Swamp drained and the dregs sent to the expanded Gitmo, real soon:

https://twitter.com/VintageClothes7/status/1053994480146165761

thaskalos
10-22-2018, 02:21 PM
It's come to this. We should all be ashamed but, of course, we're not.
Trump won't condemn any incidents like this - why would his supporters?

The most hate filled, divided, U.S. society since the mid 19th century.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqElnKpVYAEdgZe.jpg:small

Two small examples of a much broader problem.

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5bcdd5231f0000710325985d.png?cache=hbm4fh4dqi&ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/family-harassed-for-speaking-spanish_us_5bcdc521e4b055bc9482d380

It doesn't seem to me that the white finger-waving woman in the video speaks much English either. :confused:

Clocker
10-22-2018, 02:22 PM
I'd always choose making an ass of myself over ignoring reality.
Wouldn't you?
No, I wouldn't. Making an ass of yourself usually diverts attention away from reality to the asinine behavior. It is counter-productive.

Tom
10-22-2018, 02:24 PM
No, I wouldn't. Making an ass of yourself usually diverts attention away from reality to the asinine behavior. It is counter-productive.

Shhhhhh.
Part of why they lost in 2016.
Don't tell him! :lol:

wisconsin
10-22-2018, 02:39 PM

1st amendment rights, remember?

Tom
10-22-2018, 03:24 PM
1st Amendment?
Well, not for everyone!

Sheeze~!

woodtoo
10-22-2018, 06:36 PM
Huggest Trump rally EVEH tonight in Houston,Texas.

Tailgate like never before, bigger than football.

Any live updates? Ralph you there?

JustRalph
10-22-2018, 06:45 PM
https://www.click2houston.com/news/long-lines-of-trump-supporters-cover-entire-block-across-toyota-center-ahead-of-rally

There’s 10k watching on big screens outside

barahona44
10-22-2018, 08:34 PM
And he shouldn't. Her action is protected by the 1st Amendment, subject to the property rights of the owner.

As disgusting as she is, is she any worse than the guy that verbally assaulted Mitch McConnell in a restaurant? Did Trump enable that guy, to the point that he grabbed McConnell's doggie bag and threw it in the street? I didn't see any libs here disowning that guy.

Trump didn't have any problems condemning the NFL players who took a knee.

And I'd ask Green Card to prove HER citizenship.Bet dum-dum reaches for her driver's license...

Clocker
10-22-2018, 08:50 PM
Trump didn't have any problems condemning the NFL players who took a knee.

He shouldn't have done that either. They are doing it on NFL time with the implied consent of the owners.

Trump speaks a lot on knee-jerk reaction rather than laws or principles.

ReplayRandall
10-22-2018, 08:58 PM
He shouldn't have done that either. They are doing it on NFL time with the implied consent of the owners.

Trump speaks a lot on knee-jerk reaction rather than laws or principles.

Wrong conclusion on your part Clocker, the owners never implied anything of the sort, NOR the sponsors who pay outlandishly for advertising, NOR the fans who paid big bucks to watch football live on THEIR time.

Clocker
10-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Wrong conclusion on your part Clocker, the owners never implied anything of the sort, NOR the sponsors who pay outlandishly for advertising, NOR the fans who paid big bucks to watch football live on THEIR time.

It's implied consent if they let it happen with nary a word nor action. That's what "implied consent" means.

Wiki:

Implied consent is consent which is not expressly granted by a person, but rather implicitly granted by a person's actions and the facts and circumstances of a particular situation (or in some cases, by a person's silence or inaction).

ReplayRandall
10-22-2018, 09:28 PM
It's implied consent if they let it happen with nary a word nor action. That's what "implied consent" means.

Wiki:

What did the 49ers end up doing? What stand did Jerry Jones take? What pressure was put upon the sponsors to have the NFL stop the bleeding?....Your argument is a nothing-burger and you can eat that empty calorie rhetoric all day long, if you wish. Anyone who thinks like you do in this regard, got their asses kicked, lost loyalty, viewers and above all, respect...BTW, Thanks for the stupefying anal lecture on what "implied consent" means...:rolleyes::pound::rolleyes::lol:.

letswastemoney
10-22-2018, 09:39 PM
I'm more worried that extreme left hate groups such an ANTIFA can get away with violence against Trump supporters and no one gives a damn.

I don't care if people hold signs on either side, or do non-violent confrontations.

ReplayRandall
10-22-2018, 09:44 PM
I'm more worried that extreme left hate groups such an ANTIFA can get away with violence against Trump supporters and no one gives a damn.

I don't care if people hold signs on either side, or do non-violent confrontations.

Just wait a few more weeks and you'll see ANTIFA disappear into thin air....Mark my words, they won't exist anymore....Take that anyway you wish.

FantasticDan
10-22-2018, 09:58 PM
https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1054528327954903040

tucker6
10-23-2018, 01:59 PM
https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1054528327954903040

Finally, after 8 grueling years of globalism, we have an American President wishing to help Americans. Not Europeans. Not Hondurans. Not Cubans. or Venezuelans. Not Mexicans. Not Canadians. Not Chinese. Not Russians.

... but Americans. Trump is a BAD man. I don't see why he's becoming so popular and why he's president of the US of A.

woodtoo
10-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Finally, after 8 grueling years of globalism, we have an American President wishing to help Americans. Not Europeans. Not Hondurans. Not Cubans. or Venezuelans. Not Mexicans. Not Canadians. Not Chinese. Not Russians.

... but Americans. Trump is a BAD man. I don't see why he's becoming so popular and why he's president of the US of A.

Totally weird isn't it,this MAGA thing.

tucker6
10-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Totally weird isn't it,this MAGA thing.

I think the simplicity of the message is what is tripping up the left. Trump has firmly planted his political flag in American soil, and the left has no choice but to look un-American to be different. :pound:

His policies are rather simple. Tax cuts. Jobs. America first. Reduce govt regulation. Security. Who actually doesn't want that? How do you fight that and not look un-American?

MutuelClerk
10-23-2018, 03:27 PM
America is still a free country.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

America is a business.

And it's far from free.

thaskalos
10-23-2018, 07:31 PM
America is a business.

And it's far from free.

How long can a business afford to operate in the red?

Clocker
10-23-2018, 07:45 PM

It's a great story and you want to ruin it with facts?

Give the guy a chance. Trump said that he will eliminate the national debt in 8 years. On the job training takes a while, you know.

woodtoo
10-24-2018, 09:36 AM
America is a business.

And it's far from free.

Well I was referring to free speech. Freedom is costly.

Tom
10-24-2018, 12:08 PM

Directly related to the number of nukes it has.
Trump is already on top of that.

:rolleyes::eek::lol: