PDA

View Full Version : Sec/ljb, this is the headline of the year..

sq764
09-13-2004, 10:23 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/13/bush.monday.ap.ap/index.html

Secretariat
09-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by sq764
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/13/bush.monday.ap.ap/index.html

Nahh, SQ...I like this CNN one.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/13/bush.professor/

Steve 'StatMan'
09-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Gee, guess their lucky the old guy is still around and holds grudges. Otherwise they'd have to forge more documents!

Secretariat
09-14-2004, 12:47 AM
lol...yeah, there's nothing like a lying professor who holds 30 year grudges...

sq764
09-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Sec, what disappoints you more:

1) The fact that American voters may re-elect Bush into office or

2) The way Kerry's campaign was so ineffective?

Secretariat
09-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Sec, what disappoints you more:

1) The fact that American voters may re-elect Bush into office or

2) The way Kerry's campaign was so ineffective?

You've got it SQ. That's just the way Repubs love to frame language, an either/or without the alternatives.

For example:

1) Are we better off without Saddam in power? OR

2) Should we have risked terrorism potentially coming to our shores again?

It's a disingenious type of question, because it assumes only two potentialities and avoids the complexitites of a myriad of choices.

This is the either/or simplicity of the Bush adminstration, and I want to thank you for pointing it up in your post.

ljb
09-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Can I play too?
I have a question for sq.
Would you rather we allow more killing of Americans or:
Should we just nuke all the muslims?
Your turn ;)
Aside to Tom,
You can't vote we already know your answer. ;)

ljb
09-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Steve,
It really makes no difference about the documents. Bush didn't show up for duty in Al. This is AWOL, unless you have connections!

Tom
09-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Steve,
It really makes no difference about the documents. Bush didn't show up for duty in Al. This is AWOL, unless you have connections!

Then show us the formal docuements that charge him or shut up.
You keep ignoring the obvious-the worse Bush did was not show up. Kerry, while on his meet and greet tour of Nam toched villages and committed assorted war crimes reminiscent of "Jingus Khan" (LOL).
Kerry is an admitted war criminal and Bush is not. Bush has led the free world in the war on terror for three years while Kerry, after 40 minutes of an inability to think, followed by a hasty retreat from the attack zone, went back to the senate to vote for a war he would later vote to nit fund becasue the PResident acted on bad intelligence, the exact same itellegence the senate acted on.
Bottom line, L, Kerry is a loser and Bush is a leader. You don't loike him becase he is not afraind to act on his values while you have none.

As far as nuking all the mslems, all they have to do is stand up, denounce Bin Ladne as a heathen and not a muslem leader, and put out an all out effor tot find him. Until they do that, they are all suspects and all our enemies. I am still waiting. This would be a good talking point for you during your upcoming Ramadan festival.