PDA

View Full Version : Iraq - Getting Worse? or Mission Accomplished?

Secretariat
09-13-2004, 04:33 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5973272/site/newsweek

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20040913/ts_nm/iraq_usa_funding_dc

Buckeye
09-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Worse than what? I don't believe I'd call it "Mission Accomplished" - who is?

Tom
09-13-2004, 08:56 PM
GM and Ford spend $47 Billion this year in marketing and rebates costs. Let's put this in perspective.
BTW, how is Kerry planning to fund the estimates 1.3 Trillion dollars his budget will require? Just taxing the rich?
The ones who are creating jobs and hiring people?
I had the good fortune to hear most of W's speech in Michigan today-I was in Detroit and had lots of free time waiting for my
plane.
The man is truly on track and I pity the fool that debates him this year. Remeber Al in 2000? Looked pretty bad next to to the Bushinator.

Secretariat
09-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Tom
GM and Ford spend $47 Billion this year in marketing and rebates costs. Let's put this in perspective.
BTW, how is Kerry planning to fund the estimates 1.3 Trillion dollars his budget will require? Just taxing the rich?
The ones who are creating jobs and hiring people?
I had the good fortune to hear most of W's speech in Michigan today-I was in Detroit and had lots of free time waiting for my
plane.
The man is truly on track and I pity the fool that debates him this year. Remeber Al in 2000? Looked pretty bad next to to the Bushinator.

What does this have to do with the thread?

If you read the two links I posted you realize things appear to be getting worse over there than better. Even US News and World Report, a conservative mag is reporting as such. Bush wants to borrow 3 plus BILLION from money earmarked for electricty and water. No one in their right mind would think it is getting better over there. Rumsfeld says indurgent have increased fivefold since we arrived.

Money that Ford and GM has nothing to do with taxpayer money Tom. I am surprised you didn't blame Clinton Tom like you like too.

Mission Accomplished? or Getting Worse?