PDA

View Full Version : Handicapper's Lab Software - Randy Giles

UnifiedTheory
10-20-2018, 03:25 AM
Randy Giles, author of Extreme Pace Handicapping, is selling software called The Handicapper's Lab for $70.

I'd love to hear of everyone's experience and opinion of this product.
Thank you. :)

Speed Figure
10-20-2018, 03:43 AM
He made this video year's ago.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=bqOqYtniYxo

UnifiedTheory
10-20-2018, 02:32 PM
He made this video year's ago.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=bqOqYtniYxo

Speed Figure, thanks for your input. :popcorn:

Very interesting youtube video. I don't know if I want to add this to my arsenal of handicapping weapons but it warrants further consideration.

pandy
07-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Does handicapper's lab worked with bris single data files?

headhawg
07-16-2020, 01:50 PM
Yes it does Pandy.

Partsnut
07-16-2020, 04:01 PM
Handicappers Lab is a neat and compact application that will immediately identify specific contenders by their running style, odds range, track or tracks and competitive speed by a few check marks and the click of a mouse. I have used it for years and have found it to be a very useful tool.

However, I am very partial to all of Randy Giles products because I know they were produced with a pace method that in my opinion is second to none.
As well, we are good friends to this day. I regard him as someone that can be trusted.

I have achieved excellent results with all of the Randy Giles products.
If I can do it, so can you.

I believe it still comes with reasonable documentation and of course you can find Randy Giles Video on YouTube which is very insightful as to how the software works.
I believe there is still some documentation on his old website, www.paceappraiser.com
I recommend his inexpensive paperback book, "Extreme Pace Handicapping" so that you can understand the Randy Giles pace method and his thoughts on pace handicapping.

Dave Schwartz
07-16-2020, 04:06 PM
Randy Giles, author of Extreme Pace Handicapping, is selling software called The Handicapper's Lab for $70.

I'd love to hear of everyone's experience and opinion of this product.
Thank you. :)

I got a lot out of Randy's book, especially the counting ES points above 4 points. That was a real game changer for me (and a whole bunch of HSH users).

My best guess would be that his software is worth a look just based upon that.

Heck of a nice guy, too.

secondtime
07-19-2020, 07:45 AM
good morning,,i read you thread about pace appraiser.. i have been looking for a reliable pace software program. i looked up paceappraiser.com and I did not find anywhere on this site i could register and download the software. what am i missing.
thx
larry

Partsnut
07-19-2020, 08:29 AM
good morning,,i read you thread about pace appraiser.. i have been looking for a reliable pace software program. i looked up paceappraiser.com and I did not find anywhere on this site i could register and download the software. what am i missing.
thx
larry

Go to www.paceappraiser.com (http://www.paceappraiser.com) or send Randy an email.
rangiles@comcast.net
I have forwarded him a copy of your post.

secondtime
07-19-2020, 09:28 AM
thanks so much,, i will send him a email and hope i can get set up with him
thx again
larry

woodbinepmi
07-19-2020, 10:59 AM
Spoke to him briefly after reading his book, real nice guy and was willing to answer any questions I had.

chrisl
02-14-2021, 02:09 PM
Is his software still available. It looks like there is several options, purchase, subscription fee. I do not know what site is the correct site to purchase from. Thanks

Partsnut
02-14-2021, 05:42 PM
Hi Chris,

As far as I know, you can purchase the Handicappers Lab directly from Randy Giles www.paceappraiser.com (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/www.paceappraiser.com) or you can get it from RPM software.
You can also email Randy at pace@paceappraiser.com

chrisl
02-14-2021, 06:18 PM
Thanks, will do

Longshot6977
02-16-2021, 06:53 PM
Hi Chris,

As far as I know, you can purchase the Handicappers Lab directly from Randy Giles www.paceappraiser.com (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/www.paceappraiser.com) or you can get it from RPM software.
You can also email Randy at pace@paceappraiser.com

Sorry to butt in Partnut, but that link didn't work. Future readers should try this working one. http://www.paceappraiser.com/

lefty359
02-17-2021, 09:23 PM
I remember buying Pace Appraiser many yrs go.
It would be interesting to hear from those currently using Handicappers Lab.

deron52
02-18-2021, 09:41 PM
not good very bad

Partsnut
02-19-2021, 01:36 PM
not good very bad

I am sorry that the software didn't work for you.
However, there is the possibility that you didn't know how to come up with or use the correct factors for a winning (long run) spot play combination.
No software and/or handicapper out there wins consistently.
That is why you have to pick your spots.
Handicappers Lab at the price is a great value and can win over time.

As the attached file will indicate and which had been shared with some friends who are members of this board, solid plays can be generated with this tool. This is the results of just one combination I am and have used.

JimG
02-19-2021, 04:23 PM
I bought it many years ago from Randy and thought it was a good piece of software. This thread made me look for it on my current pc but I alas, cannot find it.

Jim

fast4522
02-19-2021, 06:13 PM
I am sorry that the software didn't work for you.
However, there is the possibility that you didn't know how to come up with or use the correct factors for a winning (long run) spot play combination.
No software and/or handicapper out there wins consistently.
That is why you have to pick your spots.
Handicappers Lab at the price is a great value and can win over time.

As the attached file will indicate and which had been shared with some friends who are members of this board, solid plays can be generated with this tool. This is the results of just one combination I am and have used.

Bill, you are a great ambassador for those who have a good product as well as the guy looking for something useful. Your knowledge base in using things how intended is stellar. All of that being said I ask the question, will Randy take my personal check and send me a CD of handicappers lab like I did with Fast Fred? I know I am old school and actually like having the install disk from the company.

lefty359
02-19-2021, 07:23 PM
Bill, you are a great ambassador for those who have a good product as well as the guy looking for something useful. Your knowledge base in using things how intended is stellar. All of that being said I ask the question, will Randy take my personal check and send me a CD of handicappers lab like I did with Fast Fred? I know I am old school and actually like having the install disk from the company.

I too like having an Install disk because no computer lasts forever and without the install disk you risk losing the prgm.

JimG
02-19-2021, 07:27 PM
I too like having an Install disk because no computer lasts forever and without the install disk you risk losing the prgm.

That is so true. I finally found this program on an old laptop that I bought around 2003.

Jim

Speed Figure
02-19-2021, 07:28 PM
You could easily save the setup.exe on a flash drive without the CD.

Partsnut
02-19-2021, 07:41 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the compliment.
I can only relate my honest opinion on products I have used and experienced.
Reading Randy Giles book and successfully using PaceAppraiser gave me all the knowledge I needed to navigate this very simple software.
His definitions are self explanatory and can be found on his website.

It is not rocket science. Trial and error, that's all it is.

Angle play and trainer intent is a long term project. You only need a few plays a day.to stay healthy. Pick your spots as you would pick your friends, There may not be many but the ones you have should be good ones and hopefully, you can count on them.

I'm not sure if there ever was a disk for this software.
The best way to find out is for you to contact him directly.
Try this email: pace@paceappraiser.com.
Being the gentleman that he is, I'm reasonably sure he will make you a disk.

I had only one play today for the angle that I had previously posted.
Originally, the race type was the same as the last race that I posted. They did however take this race off the turf.

Please see the attached file.

headhawg
02-19-2021, 07:42 PM
Many people have a misconception about install CDs. Developers used to make the CD/DVD install mandatory to ensure that the installer had a legitimate copy of the program. If the setup program does not require a disc check then you can simply copy the setup file to a flash drive as Speed Figure suggested, or even burn the file to a CD if it makes you feel better. You can even save multiple copies in different folders if you are paranoid about losing a program. If you do this make sure that you use folders on different drives in case one drive fails.

fast4522
02-19-2021, 08:43 PM
Many people have a misconception about install CDs. Developers used to make the CD/DVD install mandatory to ensure that the installer had a legitimate copy of the program. If the setup program does not require a disc check then you can simply copy the setup file to a flash drive as Speed Figure suggested, or even burn the file to a CD if it makes you feel better. You can even save multiple copies in different folders if you are paranoid about losing a program. If you do this make sure that you use folders on different drives in case one drive fails.

headhawg,

No disrespect intended,

I really believe in voice of the customer, if what you get is exactly what you want you are glad they cashed your check and enjoyed your money. If you could put it on your computer downstairs without removing the disk upstairs. I have a big house two floors and too many computers.

headhawg
02-19-2021, 09:01 PM
Sorry fast. I didn't quite understand your reply. All I did was explain how the original CD is not needed if the disc is not a requirement for the install. You could make a zillion backup copies of the installation file thus obviating the need for the original CD. I am not suggesting that people pirate software. You are legally allowed to make backups of the software that you have purchased. The number of installations, however, is dependent on the license agreement.

fast4522
02-19-2021, 09:12 PM
Sorry fast. I didn't quite understand your reply. All I did was explain how the original CD is not needed if the disc is not a requirement for the install. You could make a zillion backup copies of the installation file thus obviating the need for the original CD. I am not suggesting that people pirate software. You are legally allowed to make backups of the software that you have purchased. The number of installations, however, is dependent on the license agreement.

Don't get caught up in a bunch of things that don't sell. Would it surprise anyone I have not done pay pal, I can wait for USPS mail after my check is cashed.

headhawg
02-19-2021, 09:19 PM
My post was intended mostly for lefty and Jim. If you want an install CD, have at it. You don't need it, but be old school if you prefer.

NorCalGreg
02-19-2021, 10:17 PM
My post was intended mostly for lefty and Jim. If you want an install CD, have at it. You don't need it, but be old school if you prefer.

I stopped sending CD's out--and just send a link instead. The buyer gets his software almost instantly, and is allowed to download 3 copies. He can put one on his PC, another on a laptop, and the 3rd copy he can put online somewhere like his email storage, Google Drive, anywhere that is accessible by another computer.

Just in case his comp is fried, he won't have to worry about replacing his lost software. I mention that to everyone that places an order...but still many only download 1 copy. There is a free program called "Send This" that will send any link to anyone...and the app let's you know the time and date the customer downloaded the links.

Guess who they call when their comp crashes, requesting a replacement? Sometimes several years after their original purchase.

fast4522
02-19-2021, 10:36 PM

And the other side of the coin is I won't be selling the disk here, like I suspect some of selling the original several times. But I decide what I need, old school works for me.

JimG
02-20-2021, 07:54 AM

Thanks HH. Hope you are well. I normally keep the install files for all my softwares together but this one had escaped me. Now that I have found it on an old computer, I am all set.

Partsnut
02-20-2021, 12:18 PM
I spoke with Randy yesterday and had a very interesting conversation with him.
He confirmed his email address as: pace@paceappraiser.com

He would look forward to hearing from anyone with an interest in his products. He's always been responsive, friendly and cordial.

MJC922
02-20-2021, 05:46 PM
I spoke with Randy yesterday and had a very interesting conversation with him.
He confirmed his email address as: pace@paceappraiser.com

He would look forward to hearing from anyone with an interest in his products. He's always been responsive, friendly and cordial.

Pleased to hear he's still doing well. Hard to believe two decades has past us by since exchanges on usenet. A very good man.

Partsnut
02-25-2021, 03:42 PM
And the other side of the coin is I won't be selling the disk here, like I suspect some of selling the original several times. But I decide what I need, old school works for me.

Hey Steve,

Whatcha goin to do with all the money you made on the $16.60 winner I gave you from Handicappers Lab in today's 3rd race at the Fairgrounds? :jump::jump::jump:

fast4522
02-25-2021, 06:17 PM
Hey Steve,

Whatcha goin to do with all the money you made on the $16.60 winner I gave you from Handicappers Lab in today's 3rd race at the Fairgrounds? :jump::jump::jump:

I seem to go in trends, so still catching up from last weekend mistakes I made. But it helps.