PDA

View Full Version : Let's play follow the leader

bello
10-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Not sure what possessed me to tune into Belmont today but what a snorefest.

Every race Lone Speed. Everone takes back and the winners win easily wire to wire.

How can anyone play this conveyor belt racing. Worth than Yonkers in its heyday of line up racing. I wasted paper printing out the form. Glad I didn't waste my money.

ZippyChippy423
10-19-2018, 07:31 PM
NYRA racing seems to be getting worse and worse each year. The multitude of scratches this year has added to the misery. All summer long Andy Serling was handicapping 5 horse fields with 4 picks each race...what a challenge.

the little guy
10-19-2018, 07:48 PM

Every race Lone Speed. Everone takes back and the winners win easily wire to wire.

How can anyone play this conveyor belt racing. Worth than Yonkers in its heyday of line up racing. I wasted paper printing out the form. Glad I didn't waste my money.

There were three wire to wire winners today. I am guessing less than average for most tracks. All were short prices and two were favored.

I love the internet....where truth and reality take a backseat to fantasy and BS.

the little guy
10-19-2018, 07:51 PM
NYRA racing seems to be getting worse and worse each year. The multitude of scratches this year has added to the misery. All summer long Andy Serling was handicapping 5 horse fields with 4 picks each race...what a challenge.

That's me....Mr. Four Picks a race. You got me. I knew I couldn't fool people forever. That's how I'm able to run around bragging about my pristine record of picking every winner.

If only we could get Light to check in we could really get things rolling here.

bello
10-19-2018, 09:17 PM
There were three wire to wire winners today. I am guessing less than average for most tracks. All were short prices and two were favored.

I love the internet....where truth and reality take a backseat to fantasy and BS.

Actually fantasy and BS start about an hour before post time every NYRA race day.

bello
10-19-2018, 09:19 PM
That's me....Mr. Four Picks a race. You got me. I knew I couldn't fool people forever. That's how I'm able to run around bragging about my pristine record of picking every winner.

If only we could get Light to check in we could really get things rolling here.

That is true. The only thing more boring than this board has been lately is NYRA racing. Hope this could give it a pick up.

GMB@BP
10-19-2018, 10:03 PM
The irony of the internet where trolls try to tear down the very people who carry the water for the sport and do it not because they have too but because they want to.

GMB@BP
10-19-2018, 10:05 PM
Actually fantasy and BS start about an hour before post time every NYRA race day.

I would imagine thats when you hit the ATM everyday.

Immortal6
10-19-2018, 10:19 PM

I'll never understand these complaints. If you think you've figured out the track bias and it's simply a merry go round then figure out which horse is going to make the lead and become wealthy . :coffee:

Nitro
10-20-2018, 12:55 AM
I'll never understand these complaints. If you think you've figured out the track bias and it's simply a merry go round then figure out which horse is going to make the lead and become wealthy . :coffee:
Boy you’re right on the mark with that response!
Whether these announcers are providing solid information about their selections or the effects of current track conditions, some players just won’t heed their words. Instead, they have the audacity to demonstrate the quality of their play by complaining about things like repeating events. Why not just admit to the lack of perception (or flexibility) on their part to taking advantage of things being handed to them. Sure the announcers aren’t perfect, but neither are 95% of the players who just might learn something by taking a different perspective to heart.

ElKabong
10-20-2018, 02:43 AM
I was at lone star today watching nothing but NYRA, apparently I was watching a different track. Where was the bias bello was speaking of?

I watched Wednesday as well, TLG had a big day (I didn't). To me, it's not necessarily the winners he scopes out (double digit payoffs) it's the reasoning and explanation. To me, it's an education since his style of handicapping is very different from mine.

ZippyChippy423
10-20-2018, 08:32 AM
Nobody is going to become wealthy betting 2.20 merry go round winners at NYRA. The inner at Aqueduct birthed quite a bit of chaulk.... nothing to get rich by.

bello
10-20-2018, 09:32 AM
The irony of the internet where trolls try to tear down the very people who carry the water for the sport and do it not because they have too but because they want to.

My original post insulted no one so you must be referring to little guy

bello
10-20-2018, 09:35 AM

That is correct. But the true expected speed at the NYRA tracks are often not the ones that make the easy lead, but part of the pack that takes back.

bello
10-20-2018, 09:43 AM
I was at lone star today watching nothing but NYRA, apparently I was watching a different track. Where was the bias bello was speaking of?

I watched Wednesday as well, TLG had a big day (I didn't). To me, it's not necessarily the winners he scopes out (double digit payoffs) it's the reasoning and explanation. To me, it's an education since his style of handicapping is very different from mine.

My issue is NOT about a track bias which as Immortal points out should be advantageous to any player and I agree. It is often the way better and speedier horses at NYRA will often take back and watch an inferior horse get an easy lead and take advantage of the bias without a smidgen of a challenge.

I am surprised that Little Guy did not opine on that. Instead he went for the insults. And maybe he does not agree, so be it. But why the insults?

There is NO MENTION of little guy in the Original Post but as usual he is quick to insult. If you guys want to challenge my observations fair enough, but who is the troll here?

If every time someone posts an opinion and Little Guy and others jump in with the insults and name calling, the board will continue to fade away as it has of late.

No skin off of my ass either way!

ElKabong
10-20-2018, 12:04 PM
My issue is NOT about a track bias which as Immortal points out should be advantageous to any player and I agree. It is often the way better and speedier horses at NYRA will often take back and watch an inferior horse get an easy lead and take advantage of the bias without a smidgen of a challenge.

I am surprised that Little Guy did not opine on that. Instead he went for the insults. And maybe he does not agree, so be it. But why the insults?

There is NO MENTION of little guy in the Original Post but as usual he is quick to insult. If you guys want to challenge my observations fair enough, but who is the troll here?

If every time someone posts an opinion and Little Guy and others jump in with the insults and name calling, the board will continue to fade away as it has of late.

No skin off of my ass either way!

That's nice....

Doesn't change the fact that your original post in the thread was wrong. Very wrong to be honest. But don't let me stop you

the little guy
10-20-2018, 12:06 PM
That's nice....

Doesn't change the fact that your original post in the thread was wrong. Very wrong to be honest. But don't let me stop you

I'm still trying to figure out where I insulted anyone ( or did any name calling ):D

ElKabong
10-20-2018, 01:46 PM
I was going to ask him about that, but he was on a roll.

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2018, 03:44 PM
I'm still trying to figure out where I insulted anyone ( or did any name calling ):D

I'm guessing it was this:

"I love the internet....where truth and reality take a backseat to fantasy and BS."

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2018, 03:47 PM
bello is just another professional trolljob...lots of those types

Maybe if I get rid of them, the board will stop fading away....:lol:

bello
10-22-2018, 05:28 PM
bello is just another professional trolljob...lots of those types

Maybe if I get rid of them, the board will stop fading away....:lol:

Yep, maybe you should. You called me a troll from day one when I made fun of the Big A plant. Where was I a troll on this thread or any other thread.

I'll tell you what and do you a favor and stop posting here like so many others have.

No issue for me.

chiguy
10-22-2018, 05:33 PM
I don't know much about this subject but I would guess that the NYRA is in a tough spot these days. Multiple states near NY have slot fueled purses with easier competition. I feel like it used to be NY was the real major player and benefited from nearby racing states to help with field size. With FL having more year round racing and PA, NJ and ON having slots money as well as what must be a cheaper day rate, it is tougher to draw the fields like they used to. I still think nobody does big days like the NYRA but the day in day out racing is not what it once was. Seems like that Woodbine really has some great cards to play.

bobphilo
10-22-2018, 06:33 PM

Maybe sometimes the riders of other horses don't want to be sacrificial lambs by engaging a faster horse in a speed duel just to make some bettors happy.
The jockey's role is to get the best possible finish for his own horse and not to act as his own rabbit and get the speed beat but himself beat even worse.

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2018, 09:21 AM
I'll tell you what and do you a favor and stop posting here like so many others have.Hah...as if...

I'll let you in on a little secret bello...it doesn't matter to me...you think it does...but it really doesn't.

I've already won. My board is the last big general racing board left standing and (relatively) active.

All others are either comparative ghost towns or gone altogether.