PDA

View Full Version : Trump more involved in stopping FBI HQ move than previously known, emails show

Burls
10-18-2018, 10:34 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/trump-fbi-building/index.html

Trump more involved in stopping FBI HQ move than previously known, emails show

President Donald Trump was more instrumental than previously known in scrapping plans to move the FBI headquarters out of Washington to the DC suburbs, according to newly released internal government emails.
The decision could have financial benefits for the President, whose own hotel is located a block away, critics say.

More CHEATING THE TAXPAYERS by Doofus Drumph.

Yet Trey "Benghazi" Gowdy - Chair of the House Oversight Committee
refuses to call any sort of investigation.
After he salivated over Hillary's emails for over two years, he is not in the least interested in considering emails that demonstrate Drumph's COMPLICITY.
Great!
Doofus Drumph robs the people blind and they cheer him on.
:bang:

Burls
10-18-2018, 10:43 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-fbi-headquarters-20181018-story.html

Emails show Trump intervened personally to stop FBI headquarters from moving out of DC, Democrats say

Administration emails show that President Donald Trump intervened personally to keep FBI headquarters in downtown Washington rather than relocate it to the suburbs as had long been planned, congressional Democrats said Thursday.

The letter from Democratic lawmakers on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform says Trump's direct involvement presents a brazen conflict of interest. Trump owns a downtown hotel across the street from FBI headquarters that could face competition if the FBI's current location is opened to private redevelopment, which could include another hotel. Before running for office, Trump expressed interest in redeveloping the property himself.

Trump "was directly involved with the decision to abandon the long-term relocation plan and instead move ahead with the more expensive proposal to construct a new building on the same site, and thereby prevent Trump Hotel competitors from acquiring the land," wrote Democratic Reps. Elijah Cummings of Maryland; Gerry Connolly of Virginia; Dina Titus of Nevada; Peter DeFazio of Oregon; and Mike Quigley of Illinois.

Hmmmmm
If the Dims take the House, "Crooked Donald" could be in some trouble.
:lol::lol::lol:

OntheRail
10-18-2018, 11:09 PM
There is that COULD word again... "It COULD"... lacks proof and substance. :coffee:

Of course he's involved... HE PRESIDENT. :pound:

Tom
10-19-2018, 09:58 AM
lacks proof and substance

Burls of the story? :lol:

davew
10-19-2018, 10:06 AM
wow, and he is cutting their budget 5%

chadk66
10-19-2018, 10:08 AM
this kind of shit just makes me laugh. yep it appears the spending cuts are on their way. 5% across the board. then I suspect deeper cuts to specific programs shortly thereafter.

chrisl
10-19-2018, 10:38 AM
Burls will hang his hat on anything. Entertaining and amazing though. He should a writer for the Onion website. :lol:

boxcar
10-19-2018, 11:43 AM
Burls will hang his hat on anything. Entertaining and amazing though. He should a writer for the Onion website. :lol:

And if the Onion turns him down, the NY Slimes or the WaPo will take him aboard.

Saratoga_Mike
10-19-2018, 01:40 PM
I'm certainly not a Trump fan, but this is a "who cares" story.

Clocker
10-19-2018, 02:03 PM
The decision could have financial benefits for the President, whose own hotel is located a block away, critics say.

FBI agents from out of town stay at the Trump hotel in D.C.? A quick search shows rates of about $600 a night. If this is happening, you do have a scoop.

Tom
10-19-2018, 04:57 PM
wow, and he is cutting their budget 5%

Should be 50%.
What else is new?

Tom
10-19-2018, 04:58 PM

That is why he likes Louis CK so much!

chadk66
10-19-2018, 05:50 PM
FBI agents from out of town stay at the Trump hotel in D.C.? A quick search shows rates of about $600 a night. If this is happening, you do have a scoop.My wife works for the feds. I can promise you they're not staying at Trumps place :pound:

Burls
10-19-2018, 10:55 PM
Burls will hang his hat on anything. Entertaining and amazing though. He should a writer for the Onion website. :lol:If you kids are fine with Doofus Drumph ripping you off, who am I to question that?

Burls
10-19-2018, 10:59 PM
I'm certainly not a Trump fan, but this is a "who cares" story.
An elected official is caught using his influence to protect his financial interests at taxpayers's expense.
And a taxpayer calls it a "who cares" story.
Drumph has got you folks right where he wants you.

Clocker
10-19-2018, 11:18 PM
An elected official is caught using his influence to protect his financial interests at taxpayers's expense.
Maybe so, but there is certainly no factual evidence here or in the linked CNN story to prove that.

From the CNN story:
"As previously testified by GSA and the FBI, the leadership team at the FBI made the decision to keep its headquarters at the current Pennsylvania Avenue location. A number of emails referenced in today's congressional letter are taken out of context and refer to the project's funding approach, not the location decision," agency spokeswoman Pamela Dixon said. "Suggestions that those emails indicate presidential involvement in the location decision are inaccurate. GSA stands by its testimony and the cost analysis proposed in the joint revised plan submitted to Congress in February."

OntheRail
10-19-2018, 11:25 PM
And a taxpayer calls it a "who cares" story.
Drumph has got you folks right where he wants you.

What part of COULD... Maybe... Not Really Sure... No There There. Don't you get?

chrisl
10-19-2018, 11:30 PM
If you kids are fine with Doofus Drumph ripping you off, who am I to question that?

You have made my point. Your lack of intelligence is entertaining. My Children are very successful. Keep spewing sir.

Tom
10-20-2018, 12:34 PM
If he is ripping me off, I consider it a fair trade for all the pissing off of the Burls of the world! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Burls
10-20-2018, 07:56 PM
You have made my point. Your lack of intelligence is entertaining. My Children are very successful. Keep spewing sir.

Typical Rethug blather.
You have no point.

Buckeye
10-20-2018, 07:59 PM
You changed your picture.

Somehow more attractive and accurate.

PaceAdvantage
10-21-2018, 05:28 AM
Typical Rethug blather.
You have no point.You don't even live here...why do you care so much?