PDA

View Full Version : What is the World's Biggest Problem?

Lemon Drop Husker
10-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Seem's simple enough, but not really that easy.

Buckeye
10-18-2018, 08:42 PM
Stealing?

thaskalos
10-18-2018, 09:04 PM
Overpopulation will destroy us quicker than anything else.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-18-2018, 09:06 PM

Agree. Leads to our demise be it overwhelming of resources or via disease/plague.

Buckeye
10-18-2018, 09:16 PM
Still waiting for Malthus are we?

Tom
10-18-2018, 09:25 PM
Too many polls.

JustRalph
10-18-2018, 09:26 PM

How? Seriously. I’ve always thought this is a red herring.

Buckeye
10-18-2018, 10:15 PM
It's been so since 1798.

That's a long time.

The Democrats have finally gone too far by pointing the gun at themselves.

HalvOnHorseracing
10-18-2018, 10:47 PM

You think ultimately Ehrlich was right?

Lemon Drop Husker
10-18-2018, 11:02 PM
It's been so since 1798.

That's a long time.

The Democrats have finally gone too far by pointing the gun at themselves.

Certainly not a Democrat.

My biggest problem is while the world population isn't increasing exponentially, it is increasing on a very large scale.

And while we'd all like doctors, scientists, and serious contributors to human kind being the one's with the largest impact on that growth, that simply isn't the case. The near worst of our genes are reproducing at the expense of technology, medicine, diet, and healthcare. Cancers are evolving and more weird and wild diseases pop up almost annually for us to combat. In America we are obese, diabetic, and ravaged with heart disease and cancer. While 'healthy', we are as sick and old as ever passing on bad genes that continue to 'merge' with other bad genes.

Ultimately, I see a worldwide plague devastating the world population to the point of near elimination due to the weaknesses we've exposed over centuries of better and better healthcare and life expectancy.

We'll be our own worst enemy via reproduction and extended lifetimes more than any other reason IMO.

Buckeye
10-18-2018, 11:14 PM
I'm more optimistic but maybe that's just me.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-18-2018, 11:23 PM
I'm more optimistic but maybe that's just me.

Fair enough.

So no vote at all? We haz no problem?

Buckeye
10-18-2018, 11:36 PM
I'm voting, don't worry about it.

TJDave
10-19-2018, 02:15 AM

Nope. Natural selection ensures that overpopulation auto corrects.

Parkview_Pirate
10-19-2018, 02:17 AM
Overshoot.

Reflected by massive explosion in population, gobbling up the easiest to access resources, especially the easily extractable and plentiful fossil fuels. The era of cheap energy is over. We'll have fossil fuels for quite a while yet, but our economy expanded and our wealth was accumulated mostly on sub $20/barrel oil. The economy of expansion and consumerism has been kept afloat the past 20 years or so via accounting fraud (ie, debt and printing), and that party is coming to an end as well.

The contraction ahead will result in mass infighting for the shrinking pie as standards of living drop, especially here in the United States, as our Empire has just about run its course, and is in steep decline. It won't necessarily crash in a week, but will grind down relentlessly, year over year, as the poor Boomers get stiffed on Social Security, the rich Boomers have their 401K accounts frozen by .gov, and the younger generations seek revenge. There will be the occasional crises along the way (war, oil embargo/rationing, famine, virus outbreak, etc.), but keep your eyes open and you'll also see the less obvious decline - infrastructure crumbling, bankruptcies, stagflation, utility outages, etc.

The demographics of the PA forum are heavily tilted to the older and wealthier class of Americans, many of whom haven't experienced the negative side of what's coming - yet. But if you connect the dots, the health and the trend of the sport we love is a canary in the coal mine of sorts....

MargieRose
10-19-2018, 02:27 AM
Mental Illness. Just take a look at what the Left/Demos are espousing...hate, rage, intimidation, in-your-face incivility, corruption, spike in racism (Obama's true legacy), intolerance, violence, lies and manipulation, vulgarity, etc, etc, etc., and, apparently, millions of ordinary people go along with them. What else could be the cause of what is happening and what is on the verge of exploding...both here and throughout the world?

rastajenk
10-19-2018, 08:46 AM
That's kind of why I voted Leadership. It's a good catchall for all that stuff Margie lists, but it's also responsible for most of the other choices in the poll when things truly go south: nuclear war; water; poverty, starvation, and in some places population control; the different methods of resource distribution, and the greed that will never be separated from that; and certainly religious differences are exploited by leaders of all persuasions at all levels.

Bad things happen when bad leaders attain power. And the pipeline for bad leaders seems to always be producing.

hcap
10-19-2018, 10:19 AM
The existential threat facing us now, more dangerous than many others is D.J. Trump and the mesmerized rethugs and yes men base, he leads around by their noses:puke::puke:.

woodtoo
10-19-2018, 11:03 AM
The existential threat facing us now, more dangerous than many others is D.J. Trump and the mesmerized rethugs and yes men base, he leads around by their noses:puke::puke:.

:D Time for another cup o Trump tea?

woodtoo
10-19-2018, 11:58 AM
Pollution mainly plastics and the poisons therein. Full time work cleaning the worlds seas of indestructible plastics.

Nutz and Boltz
10-19-2018, 12:13 PM
I would like to vote for all of the above,and add my dog's bad breath .

HalvOnHorseracing
10-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Pollution mainly plastics and the poisons therein. Full time work cleaning the worlds seas of indestructible plastics.

That's a good answer that a lot of people wouldn't think about. Those plastics - 80% of which come from Asia - will break down into very small pieces which will get eaten by fish that will become food for predator fish, and eventually us. Apparently we will never rid the oceans of all those small pieces.

Buckeye
10-19-2018, 05:38 PM

Everything was just fine and then Trump showed up?

Try this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_catastrophic_risk

MutuelClerk
10-19-2018, 09:17 PM
Poor man wanna be rich.

Rich man wanna be King.

And a King aint satisfied til he rules everything......

Greed for me........

hcap
10-20-2018, 04:04 AM
:D Time for another cup o Trump tea?Tea time = Mueller time
:cool::cool:

hcap
10-20-2018, 04:06 AM
Everything was just fine and then Trump showed up?

No everything was slowly getting better, than King Donald showed up.

:lol::lol::lol:

woodtoo
10-20-2018, 09:49 AM
No everything was slowly getting better, than King Donald showed up.

:lol::lol::lol:

This is why it is so important now to 'Keep America Great' because if the dims get in they will tear it down oh so fast. Jobs not mobs.

Tape Reader
10-20-2018, 10:52 AM
Collapse of the stock market.

riskman
10-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Almost half of US jobs could soon be done by a robot or computer, according to Oxford University researchers.

Tom
10-20-2018, 08:25 PM
Probably better.
Maybe that robot Fuss posted in another thread is our replacement.

I woulld guess immune to global warming. :lol:

Buckeye
10-20-2018, 09:21 PM
One thing's for sure, the Earth isn't going anywhere for the time being we hope.

The Democrats are another story altogether.

hcap
10-21-2018, 03:40 AM
Probably better.
Maybe that robot Fuss posted in another thread is our replacement.

I woulld guess immune to global warming. :lol:And much better for the oil industry.

Whoop-dep-do

Big Russ
10-23-2018, 12:08 PM
Ignorance of the masses. There is no hope.

Buckeye
10-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Spoken like a true elitist.

Don't deny it.

Buckeye
10-25-2018, 09:39 PM
By the way, what do I care about the World's Biggest Problem?

davew
10-29-2018, 03:57 AM
I voted other. There is no worldwide plan for epidemic, pandemic or endemic high mortality infections. Thinking of Ebola, Zika, Influenza (swine, bird, ...), something new and how easily they could spread to major population centers around the world.

woodtoo
10-29-2018, 07:56 AM
I voted other. There is no worldwide plan for epidemic, pandemic or endemic high mortality infections. Thinking of Ebola, Zika, Influenza (swine, bird, ...), something new and how easily they could spread to major population centers around the world.

True the world may be one illness away from a huge population decline and there is nothing to stop it, slow it maybe.

Tom
10-29-2018, 09:56 AM
Ignorance of the masses. There is no hope.

Amen to that, brother!

IQ inthe low 180s to 200 are common among the left.
Aggregate state-wide, that is. :lol:

azeri98
10-29-2018, 12:00 PM
True the world may be one illness away from a huge population decline and there is nothing to stop it, slow it maybe.

The world needs a population decline, that's why in my opinion they will never cure any disease from now on, Cancer could have been cured by now but its our best way to cull the population

Marshall Bennett
10-29-2018, 09:14 PM
Abuse of advancing technology will be the fry-daddy. :cool:

Buckeye
10-31-2018, 08:26 PM
The World does not have a problem, just in case you're wondering.

Those who do have a point of view they cannot support.

Don't forget, I also studied Science.

Clocker
10-31-2018, 11:52 PM
By the way, what do I care about the World's Biggest Problem?

Then why are you reading this thread, let alone posting in it? :rolleyes:

Buckeye
11-01-2018, 01:15 AM
To prove you don't care about it either?

Number 1, what is the problem?

Number 2, what's the problem?

Number 3, see above.

Tough questions?